#1 2009-08-10 07:07:37

Once again, I have been asked by the spokesperson for the trustees/foundation to make a posting here. This letter was sent to the Standard Times and the Wareham Courier.

The Wareham Library Foundation is compelled to comment on totally incorrect allegations arising from a settlement earlier this week with the Wareham Board of Selectmen.

Funds held in trust for the library (now as part of the Wareham Library Foundation) by all measures have been very well managed. These funds have generated approximately $60,000 in donations to the Wareham Free Library since the Foundation was first formed in 2007.  And prior to that, trust funds administered by the Wareham Library Board of Trustees were the source of over one-half million dollars in donations to the library over a ten-year period.  This level of support was possible because these funds were able to be administered, by law, as part of a registered 501 (C) (3) charitable organization.

In the past year, as was the case with charitable organizations everywhere, including libraries and library foundations, these funds did experience a moderate reduction that in no way resembles figures used in some local media – specifically the Wareham Observer. Figures used in the Observer are totally fictitious and without any basis in fact.

As with charitable organizations everywhere, we are required by law to make an annual financial report to both the state and federal government and we have done this consistently.  This information is available to anyone seeking it.

We are outraged that Mr. Slager feels compelled not only to spread this misinformation, but also to take a positive development, the settlement of our dispute with the Wareham Board of Selectmen, and slant this in a malicious and scandalous manner.

We appreciate the efforts of the Wareham Board of Selectmen in resolving the dispute this week and in doing so, recognizing the strong track record of support and advocacy shown by the Wareham Library Foundation, the Friends of the Library and the former Wareham Library Board of Trustees.  We regard this settlement as the beginning of greater cooperation among all parties who truly care about having a strong local library.

#2 2009-08-10 07:10:10

NORA, DID YOU EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE FROM SLAGER WHO CONSTANTLY HAS LIED OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

#3 2009-08-10 07:59:33

Nora,

It is good to see you posting here because as you obviously have concluded this site is followed closely by many many responsible and honest people who care about Wareham.

#4 2009-08-10 08:24:26

Nora,
I would hope that the Library Trustee/Foundation request an apologize and retraction from the Wareham Observer and Robert Slager. Too often, his twisted reporting goes unchecked.

Thank you for the information.

#5 2009-08-10 08:41:09

Nora,

At the very least I think you should do what Larry suggests. He implied that you are criminals.

Missing can mean two things in this context. Misplaced or stolen.

What do you think he wants his readers to believe?

#6 2009-08-10 08:43:47

According to Slagers own words and standard taking money buys favorable reporting. He has taken money for legal ads,political ads, etc.

So he gives favorable reporting even if not totally based on facts.

There is a town meeting and political campaign coming up and if he reported the real facts against his friends he would stand to lose a bunch of money

Just my opinion

#7 2009-08-10 08:52:52

searay240 wrote:

According to Slagers own words and standard taking money buys favorable reporting. He has taken money for legal ads,political ads, etc.

So he gives favorable reporting even if not totally based on facts.

There is a town meeting and political campaign coming up and if he reported the real facts against his friends he would stand to lose a bunch of money

Just my opinion

steve i agree and i called him out on that last night ie msr ms bindas has been a regular advertiser she gave to eckstrom and cruz campaign and she has had more stories and town officials at her home and on msr at her beck and call(cruz) while not 1 of the other 9 households(2 summer only) have ever been asked what they thought about the road or trucks.. i have asked the entire bos when potter was on it to come to my house they all declined..

IS THAT BIAS OR SLANTED? YOU TELL ME??

#8 2009-08-10 14:42:16

Nora, Thanks for setting the record straight.

#9 2009-08-10 18:08:15

Savage Joes a Dbag wrote:

Nora, Thanks for setting the record straight.

Yes, thank you. It's so refreshing hearing the truth.  Well done.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com