#1 2009-08-09 12:13:28

Staright from the Other Observer:

By: MsLilly on 8/8/09
Had my hubby take me for a drive this afternoon...wanted to see what all the fuss was about on Maple Springs Road...so we're driving and driving...saw the radar sign...nice addition to the neighborhood...noticed some very nicely painted rocks...had no idea what their purpose was...drive a little farther...a little farther...then my husband looks at me and says "that was it"...I said "that was it?"He says "that was it"...I said "you're freakin' kidding me, that was it?"...he says "yup, that was it"...has the road already been repaired and I haven't heard about it?

By: MsLilly on 8/8/09
Me too Telsa...

By: robertslager on 8/8/09
To my knowledge they've filled the pot holes. But the issue the town is having is that they want the road re-engineered so the potholes don't start appearing again in a few weeks.

By: MsLilly on 8/9/09
I understand what the town wants done with the road...they don't want a temporary fix of repairing the potholes, but the more permanent one of re engineering the road...my question is what makes this road any different than the numerous other ones that are just as bad, if not much, much worse and have had their residents complaining about it long before there were even people living on that section of Maple Springs Road...there is one in my neighborhood that the neighbors actually have a "pot party" for every few months...yup, the neighbors all get together and use rocks and fill, etc. to try and repair the potholes before they eat an entire vehicle in one fell swoop...what kind of party did you think I meant? ;-) Again, what makes that neighborhood road, which has been having pot parties for at least the past 10/15 years, less important than MSR? Do you think if we could get a couple of the golden berry boys to drive their rigs through that neighborhood, the town would make them re engineer those too? ...I'm sure the residents would be more than thrilled if they'd just come fill the potholes every now and then so they wouldn't have to do it anymore, though deep down inside I'm pretty sure they'd really miss their pot parties...I still must be missing something here because I just don't get it...and please accept my apology because I don't...

Wow...this one is easy! What makes this road different? You have two people who want to stop trucks from driving down the road. THey pulled out all stops and won't quit. You have Selectmen favoring them and even though rulings go against them, they continue to appeal. They talk about the quality of their life, some sort of post traumatic disorder, and complaints about cracks in their foundation and damage to their homes.

The people that live directly on Maple Springs Road (we do), don't have those problems and other than the people that miss the turn for 25/495, it's a quiet place.

Now let's recap a few things. The Selectmen changed the speed limit and stopped all repairs (at least until now), they tried to block commercial traffic, but cannot stop ADM and Tucy, so they have done more to bring this road down than fix it. The ITA stated that ADM should give the bogs to the town to build homes, they made enough money off the town.

Hmmm, so now people are noticing that maybe political contributions buy favorable treatment?  It's about time!

Okay, NOW i'm off to get some things done!

#2 2009-08-09 12:31:42

Well, I have a whole new respect for Ms. Lilly, maybe she will really start to get it one of these days. At least she is seeking out iformation and for that she should be commended.

#3 2009-08-09 18:21:21

update...update...update

You got me dreamin', Ms. Lily
that you might cross the road
You got me dreamin' Ms.Lily
that Bobo's lost his hold
C'mon, c'mon' c'mon Ms. Lily
We'll welcome you into the fold.

See, ms. Liliy? I'm not such a bad person, and I definitely eschew ad hominem attacks. See the light, join the movement, TAKE BACK YOUR TOWN!

#4 2009-08-09 18:34:31

Don't trust her, she is solidly in Slager's corner.

#5 2009-08-09 20:46:06

I agree with Larry .
  Think about it ..... lay low, stay less than vocal and absent on an issue that means nothing to you.  Then when things are so bitterly divided and gone awry go in and politically eliminate the rest of your team,  distancing yourself from the imminent costly litigation and  leaving only you and a public chomping at the bit for a "new form of government" sound familiar...... 
  well played if you ask me

unless i am just paranoid

#6 2009-08-09 21:04:26

I agree with larry too.  Ms. Lilly is no dummy.  She keeps up on what is happening in town.  Why did she act as if she didn't know the real problem with MSR is the Bindas woman.  Bindas and no one else has shown the power to control the selectmen.  (how is the sale on the overpriced, foundation cracking house going?

#7 2009-08-09 21:28:37

Rip Dinkle here! Reporting live from Maple Springs Road. I"m on a stakeout watching the house of two political operatives. According to Robert Slager, these two are part of a covert plot to overthrow the Selectmen.  They go by the names Larry McDonald and LizdaGnome. So far, I've watched them play badminton with the neighborhood kids, fix shelves in their garage, and sit in their backyard. I keep waiting for some power elite activity or mind control exercises, but nothing so far. I'm starting to think this Slager character is crazy. i saw him talking to a sock puppet earlier but maybe he was just sniffing the sock?

Pretty soon I'm going to get out of here and use my super powers to score some Little Debbie snack cakes.

Rip Dinkle....over and out!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com