#1 2009-08-07 16:05:12

Bobo says the Tri-Town Rag and the Wareham Rag are "merging," but come on, to me, IN MY OPINION, that looks like Bobo-speak for "it went belly up."

Well, it didn't quite go belly up...it's all one paper now, the Wareham Rag will be on the front, the Tri-Town rag will be on the back, and I guess they'll meet somewhere in the middle...a scavenger hunt for the news!

It's looking like President Bobo is facing tough times.  Ahhh, I dare say, this has been the best week in a long time.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-07 16:26:12)

#2 2009-08-07 16:22:25

ANALYSIS:

BOBO - Regular type
ANALYSIS - Bold type

Bobo begins with what a loss Andrea's retirement has been for the past month, she was the heart and soul of the Tri-Town Rag, yadda yadda yadda

"I recevied several resumes from people looking for freelance opportunites.  While several of these people show promise, none have the experience to step easily into Andrea's shoes."

Also, they refused to accept bagels and light bulbs as payment. But who needs them anyway, now that I have my ninja Paul Shooter.

"With a political firestorm raging in Wareham, I simply can not (he meant cannot, silly Bobo) find enough time to cover Marion, Mattapoisett and Rochester."

Sounds like someone's regretting giving the Cat Lady the ole 50-watt severance package.

"About a month ago I took an informal survey of readers, asking what they would like from the Tri-Town Rag in the future.....blah blah blah, move it along Bobo...To my surprise, many people suggested combining the papers."

I heard a few people over there have suggested you stick your head where the sun don't shine, but I guess you pick and choose your readers' suggestions.

Then blah blah blah, he's sad because he launched this paper on his own because the Cat Lady helped him launch the other one, blah blah blah, woe is me, printing costs are up, blah blah blah I work too hard, I spend so many hours on this, I'm diabetic, wah waahh waaahhh....

"The pace of continuing that each week has begun to take its toll on my physical and emotional well-being."

You 'aint just whistlin dixie about the physical toll!  But you forgot the mental toll!

Here's the best part

"Think of it like the Boston Herald, which has news on one cover and sports on the other.  In our case, the Wareham Rag with (he meant will, that damn lazy Paul Shooter not proofreading) be on the front page and the Tri-Rag will be on the back.  Both sections will have stories that jump inside the paper."

My God.  I can't wait to read that collossal clusterf$%k, pardon my language, but that sounds like a good descriptive term."

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-07 16:28:04)

#3 2009-08-07 16:51:35

Will the back cover be printed upside-down along with the Tri-Town stories inside?

#4 2009-08-07 17:16:08

Ding dong the Tri Town Rag is gone! Hopefully with less advertisers and less outlets to sell this bullshit then he will finally bid farewell to Wareham and get a jon as a Wal*Mart greeter in Halifax. I can't think of a better punishment then that for all his sins.

#5 2009-08-07 18:33:00

I am not surprised. I have heard from friends in the tri-town area that no one even picks up the rag. I was at the Ropewalk on Wednesday--the day before the new edition---and there was a big pack of tritowns there. I'm going to assume that there isn't a big rush on Thursday mornings to pick up old news.

Marion has never put up with his crap. It has taken longer for Wareham to come to its senses.

I think that maybe the rag is in the last throes--to take a page out of John D's book. May it rest in----h**l.

#6 2009-08-07 20:12:17

OH THE POOR FAT BASTARD IS TIRED AND HAS DIBATIES, THEN GET THE HELL OUT OF WAREHAM I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR WINEING ,LIEING AND HOW TIRED YOU ARE GET THE FUC-ING HELL OUT OF WAREHAM ,WE WILL HAVE A PARTY WHEN YOU LEAVE AND WILL NOT MISS YOU ONE BIT, THE TRUTH IS YOU ARE NOT GETTING ADVERTISING IN THE TRI TOWN AND I GUESS THE ADVERTISERS OUR A LITTLE SMARTER THAN THE OTHER ADVERTISERS IN WAREHAM , THEY ARE WASTING THERE MONEY , MIGHT AS WELL THROW THERE MONEY DOWN A MAN HOLE .       YOU USE TO HAVE PAT MC CLOUD ,FAT ASS PEZOLI, ANDREA SMITH,AND THE SPORTS WRITER ,ALL HAVE LEFT , BECAUSE YOU DID NOT PAY THEM AND YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT YOU DID NOT HAVE ANY PEOPLE SEND YOU ANY RESUMES ,   OH ITS TAKEING A TOLL ON ME AND I HAVE 2 KIDSAND I WORK 36 STRAIGHT HOURS  , BOO HOO , I DONT FELL SORRY FOR YOU ,YOU STIR UP RACISM CHARGES , YOU MAKE ME SICK EVERY TIME I HEAR YOUR DRIBBLE , AND YOU ARE CHARGING FOR THE TRI TOWN, ONLY A GOD FOR SAKEN FOOL WILL READ YOUR SHIT, YOUR BUSSINES EMPIRE IS GOING DOWN FAT BOY AND SOON YOU WILL CLOSE THE RAG IP AND GET A JOB AT COUMBIES IN HALIFAX,

#7 2009-08-07 20:39:42

OH , AN HOW ABOUT THE OTHER PARTNER AND THE ADVERTISING LADY ALL GONE AND NOW YOU HAVE A SECRET AGENT WORKING FOR YOU,  OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD,

#8 2009-08-07 20:41:45

A BoBo Going Away Party sounds like a terrific idea but where will we ever rent a venu large enough?

Live entertainment? We're there, dude. The menu - every nibble, guaranteed insulin shock - check. Security? Double check.

I'm not joking. Let's do this!

#9 2009-08-07 20:42:49

Slager couldn't give the tri town paper away and now he expects people to pay seventy five cents for it? The observermedia empire is crashing around him and all he can do is see what hamatron and mixie are saying every ten minutes.

#10 2009-08-07 20:47:18

Bill,

Do you think Foxboro Stadium will be big enough?

#11 2009-08-07 20:54:30

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Bill,

Do you think Foxboro Stadium will be big enough?

You read my mind.

#12 2009-08-07 21:09:54

Dudes!

Foxboro stadium??????

Surely you meant 'the razor'

Perhaps we can get Gillette (who bought naming rights for the new stadium), to give BoBo a close shave on his way out. You know, accelerate that male pattern baldness to its logical conclusion.

Who knows, that way we may get to see the 'real' PShooter?

Now it has been a few dozen decades, but there is also that tar & feather thing. Ok, Ok   -  just kidding.

#13 2009-08-07 21:26:00

notalawyer wrote:

Surely you meant 'the razor'

I think he was referring to a line from George Higgins' last novel.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#14 2009-08-07 21:30:48

Bill, I think Bobo has finally lost it.  He lost it long ago, but the last little twig of sanity just snapped.  His multiple personalities are writing columns now.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-07 21:31:19)

#15 2009-08-07 21:45:56

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Bill, I think Bobo has finally lost it.  He lost it long ago, but the last little twig of sanity just snapped.  His multiple personalities are writing columns now.

Paul Shooter wrote:

But the thing that really made me sick was when they printed Map Quest directions to his house in Halifax.To me, that’s disgusting.

Lord knows, it is. We're better than that. Anyone got a Google Earth view of Slager's domestic disaster?

#16 2009-08-07 22:00:30

just a suggestion we could get an off season rate for the vineyard and have the party there!!

#17 2009-08-07 22:16:33

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

just a suggestion we could get an off season rate for the vineyard and have the party there!!

Cool. You mean a day trip, right?

#18 2009-08-07 23:02:34

billw wrote:

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

Cool. You mean a day trip, right?

yeah well depends on how much ya drink i guess dont want to take a ride in a convertable over a bridge..

#19 2009-08-07 23:21:18

Will he please just finally go away??..Actually, the Viking out of Onset wouldn't be a bad idea..Donahue would have a peaceful protest and no one would show up!!

Also saw Bobo in Onset..he has taken the hint from this site and shed the winter clothes..note to Bobo: black ankle socks match your leather jacket and don't go with shorts..

Slager will go down in history as the biggest douche-bag this town has ever seen...

#20 2009-08-07 23:43:09

IHATESLAGER wrote:

and all he can do is see what hamatron and mixie are saying every ten minutes.

Has BoBo the HoBo been talking about Mixie?  Why that %*&***!  What did he say?...BoBo, I really try not to read your "all about me blog" so if you're talking about me, I don't read it and if it is in your pay view site, that's out of the question.

Last edited by Mixie (2009-08-07 23:44:40)

#21 2009-08-08 01:18:42

People don't even grab a tri-town, and it's free!!!..it's over Bobo, you won't be missed..

#22 2009-08-08 08:02:55

One more step towards losing it all!

#23 2009-08-08 08:10:14

THE BAGEL EMPIRE IS COLLAPSING!

#24 2009-08-08 10:43:04

Maybe we can start a new paper in town? We have some excellent reporters here and very talented people that can deal with the facts! We have good editorials and we have breaking news faster than the soon to be former paper. Bill is an excellent photographer! Come on folks, this could be the new paper in town!

#25 2009-08-08 10:47:43

This IS the new paper in Town, Larry.
The best thing about this NEW paper in Town is:  it doesn't cost anything!
No one loses money trying to hustle advertisers, worry about payroll and print costs, having to conform to government scrutiny and regulations, and distribution is guaranteed.
What a concept!!

#26 2009-08-08 11:54:28

In that case!
Weather: Damn nice outside. Temperatures are comfortable and a slight breeze over the bogs.

Sports: I watched Smoltz pictch for Atlanta and he is a shell of himself. He is a hall of famer and his waiting period will start soon!  He might still be an effective middle relief, once he rehabs a bit in the minors.
Last night's game was indicative of a team built around pitching. The bats were quiet, but the pitchers kept them in the game. the Sox need some bats to come out swinging to cut into the 3 game deficit to the Yanks.

Local News: Time to get up shelves in the garage and change around the bedrooms for the new household member! This has been 4 years in the making, and it's happening next week! There will be a celebration on the 30th of August, stop by and meet the family!  Oh, forgot, the grass is growing and probably needs a good mowing soon!

#27 2009-08-08 12:06:28

Thanks for the great report.
What new member of the household do you have coming!

#28 2009-08-08 14:14:32

If we are all to be correspondents , why not have our own identity, i.e., UPI, AP, etc.
We could all be WWO investigative reporters and correspondents. (World Wareham Observer).
WWO: Florida by Dan O'Connell

Weather: Hot.

Sports: Tiger Woods is in the hunt.

Local News: Jello Shooter was arrested this morning for calling in a false police report. Ms. Shooter called 911 and reported a lady had jumped off of the Skyway Bridge.
The State Police found a car parked on the top of the bridge and a suicide note from Jello Shooter. FHP claims it will release the contents of the note at a later date.
"Ms. Shooter was found on the north bank of the Skyway Bridge." FHP spokesman stated.
"She admitted that she called in the fake 911 report and wanted to see if anyone in her family would miss her if she was deceased. She was found with a gallon of Long Island Iced Teas in a thermos. She is being held at the Hillsborough jail until a bond hearing on Monday."

That's the way it is! For WWO news, I'm Dan O'Connell... Good day.

Last edited by danoconnell (2009-08-08 14:17:03)

#29 2009-08-09 08:55:37

THE PRESENT RAG IS NOW JUST A CUT AND PASTE OPERATION STEALING THERE NEWS FROM RIVAL NEWSPAPERS.

#30 2009-08-09 09:27:48

Since we're including a little chit-chat on this thread... here are photos I took yesterday... a reminder that Wareham is too nice a town to be embroiled in the bullsh!t:

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_lh001.jpg

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_lh002.jpg

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_dsc_0040.jpg
Click to enlagre.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-08-09 09:33:52)

#31 2009-08-09 11:47:46

I think we should appoint Urneighbor as the official photographer of the WWO.

#32 2009-08-09 12:16:55

Thanks Dan. Official or not I do keep my camera handy, though you really need a resident who will take a camera to meetings.

Note that whoever does this shouldn't even give Brucie a chance to object to using flash. If the press isn't already there taking pictures with flash, turn off the flash on your camera. Then set the camera for indoor low light and learn to hold it steady eve if you have to rest your arms on the seat in front of you.

Take your time, give the camera the second it needs to focus on your subject, and snap away.

Newer digital cameras can take excellent photos in an artificially lighted indoor environment. Even basic photo software can adjust the expose after you take the photo and even remove shadows.

#33 2009-08-09 12:22:09

urneighbor, can you get a picture of paul shooter that is your mission is you so choose to accept. good luck.

#34 2009-08-09 12:47:28

At first I assumed Paul Shooter was a vampire whose images could not be reproduced, but ever since the column came out, I suspect Paul Shooter looks like this:

http://www.decorativepackagingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sock-puppet_medium.jpg

"Hi Bobo, you gonna jeer those power elite jerkoffs today?"

"Sure am, Paul, but I have to take you off my hand so I can type!"

"Ok Bobo, jeer those jerkoffs good!  See you later!"

#35 2009-08-09 15:02:23

ANYBODY EVER WATCH SOUTHPARK? REMEMBER THE SCHOOL TEACHER WITH THE PUPPET "MRHAND" WHO WOULD TALK TO THE TEACHER AND TELL HIM WHAT TO DO. IS THAT WHAT IS GOING ON AT THE OBSERVERMEDIA HQ? BOBO TALKING TO "MRSHOOTER"?

#36 2009-08-09 15:03:48

Good thought, IHS.

Here's Bobo and Paul Shooter during a recent editorial meeting:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/Mr.hat.jpg

#37 2009-08-09 15:32:21

Just so you can see what inexpensive software can do, in this case iPhoto, here is a picture I took at 1000th of a second at dusk from the Acela traveling at between 100 and 150 mph.

Even with the lens wide opened not enough light came in to make anything visible until I made three adjustments in the software program.
First I took out the shadows, then I increased the exposure and last I adjusted the color saturation and tint. It isn't as difficult as it sounds.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_acela-orig.jpg
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_acela-fixed.jpg
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_acela-fix2.jpg
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_acela-color.jpg
As usual you can click to enlarge.

#38 2009-08-09 23:34:02

So now he is going to spread his viscious hatred and hypotheticals to the good people of Mattapoisett, Marion and Rochester.

Please send a link to this "FIRST" Observer site to everyone you know in those towns including friends, relatives and business owners.

They need to know the truth not his made up nonsense.

Tell the people you know not to view the cheap copy of this site.

Oh yes and the Slager Challenge coming soon. Just got back from a weekend on the boat.

Steve

#39 2009-08-09 23:46:29

Hatred and hypotheticals have been spread to the Tri-Town area since he "fulfilled his dream" of starting his own paper..imagine being happy about turning out such a shitty publication week after week?..Not a week goes by without him inserting Wareham news in the Tri-Town edition..This week is no exception, with an article on the ex-library trustees..

#40 2009-08-09 23:54:20

slagisDB wrote:

Hatred and hypotheticals have been spread to the Tri-Town area since he "fulfilled his dream" of starting his own paper..imagine being happy about turning out such a shitty publication week after week?..Not a week goes by without him inserting Wareham news in the Tri-Town edition..This week is no exception, with an article on the ex-library trustees..

and the jeers....

#41 2009-08-10 00:10:48

Bobo, since the paper you founded without the Cat Lady's help went belly up, oops I mean it merged to the backside of the Wareham Rag, I think it is only fitting to offer you the following words of wisdom:

#42 2009-08-10 08:57:45

Say what you may about Liz, we enjoyed her columns when we had a chance to pick up the paper, either at LH in the summer or when we ate at The Narrows. She also had a knack for making things happen with lax town departments.

As for the current Gagserver, Bobo should admit that the online version is nothing more than a blog and stop using the third person or "Observer Media" when he refers to himself.

I mean, "Daily Chit-Chat"?

"We will try to update it as frequently as possible. We will still have our Sunday Live Chats in which Observer Media's Robert Slager will be on hand to join in the discussion."

Come on, it's:

"I will try to update it as frequently as possible. I will still have our Sunday Live Chats in which I will be on hand to join in the discussion.

#43 2009-08-14 08:57:18

It's obvious that Slager is too occupied with his intifada to give the Tri-Town any coverage at all.  There was no coverage for at least the last six weeks....only a tiny blurb about this visit to Harbor Days and a plagiarized report on the Town Admin candidate OUI.  Charging for the rag in Marion, Mattapoisett and Rochester will not float as you have an incumbent quality rag, The Wanderer, that is free.  The Wanderer is much more involved in the community, has a much more positive appeal, and stays out of the political mud slinging.  Kudos to them for maintaining a loyal advertiser base to keep it free to readers....a true success story.  If Slager has to charge for a rag that contains more mud slinging and little advertising value, it's not worth 75, 50, or even 25 cents.  When it was free, it satisfied a mere curiosity.   Another indicator is that when you see a free rag on display the day before the new edition gets distributed and see a stack of unclaimed papers, its a testament of the quality of the content.  If he can not give them away, how does he expect to move them for 75 cents?   I love Wareham, but as a Mattapoisett resident, I don't want to pay for a Tri-Town rag that is predominantly Wareham (except to clip coupons for Lindsays, Lobster Pot and Baileys)....but thats not a problem either....they don't advertise in the Bobo Gazette either.  We already have a quality regional paper, the Standard-Times, which I'm happy to pay for.

#44 2009-08-14 13:18:45

HOW RITE  YOU ARE SALTY,I AGREE WITH YOU 100%  ,LAST WEEK THERE WAS ONLY ONE ADD FROM THE TRI TOWN AREA IN HIS PAPER AND SOMETIME THE WAREHAM PEOPLE WILL REALIZE THE SAME AS YOU HAVE DONE ,THIS PAPER WILL SOON GO OUT OF BUSSINEESS   AND I WILL NOT GO TO THE ONSET CASH MARKET AT ALL TILL THE PAPER IS OUT OF HIS ESTABLISMENT.YOU DONT WANT THIS NUT I N YOUR TOWN , HE HAS SCREWED UP THIS TOWN VERY BADLEY

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com