#1 2009-08-07 10:42:20

BOBO'S THOUGHT PROCESS WHILE CREATING PAUL SHOOTER:

One day, Bobo was sitting around Rag HQ, feeling sorry for himself because the mean ole hatebloggers were teasing him for interviewing himself.  So he looked around his office, saw one of his papers with an ad for Shooters in it, and he said "But I'm not interviewing myself!  I have a new reporter to interview myself!  He's one of the nicest reporters around and he thinks I'm super cool!  His name?  Paul...Shooter!  Paul Shooter!"

And coming soon, a new line-up of reporters, all named after things around Bobo's office:  Steve Stapler, Larry Lamp, Freddy Faxmachine, Barry Bagel Bag, (not to be confused with Barry Barracuda).

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-07 10:49:12)

#2 2009-08-07 11:15:47

Paul Shooter has a new story on the paper's site. A bank robbery that happened yesterday.
If no-one saw Paul Shooter at the site, or if no-one saw him interview anyone involved, the question now is:
When was the last time a bank was robbed by a thin white man?
Coincidence that one is robbed now, after the arrival of Paul Shooter, who by all accounts is a poor man in desperate need of money.
I think Rip Dinkle better get on this RIGHT NOW!!
He is the only one who can take on Paul Shooter.

#3 2009-08-07 11:26:10

BAHH HA HA HA!

Paul Shooter, we broke that story on this site first!  Too slow, Paul Shooter, too slow!  The Courier beat you to the punch too, Paul Shooter! You've been scooped!!!

But at least we can talk to the investigating officers and find out from them what their impressions of Paul Shooter are.  I'm sure a new reporter like Paul Shooter would have gotten out there and talked to the officers, not just rehash what he sees on other websites.  That would be pretty lazy reporting, Paul Shooter.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-07 11:26:33)

#4 2009-08-07 11:26:59

Rip Dinkle here on the scene. I have a copy of the day old news from The Wareham Slantedserver.  Here is the article by Paul Shooter, the invisible ninja.

Citizen's Bank robbed on Thursday
Paul Shooter
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 10:58 am

A branch of Citizens Bank inside Stop & Shop of Cranberry Highway was robbed on Thursday by an unarmed suspect who fled in a waiting car.
    The amount taken from the bank is not being released at this time.
    The suspect, described as a white mail approximately 6 feet tall, approached the counter with a note demanding money, police said.
    Local law enforcement is not studying a surveillance video on the incident, which occurred at approximately 1 p.m.
    Anyone with any information should contact Wareham police at (508) 295-1473

Apparently the local law enforcement didn't see a need to study the surveillance? Are they using jedi skills? Perhaps Paul Shooter is trying to throw off the robbers by stating that local law enforcement is not studying the video? Wow, in another article on the same robbery:

Citizens Bank robbed
By Ruth Thompson
Thu Aug 06, 2009, 10:28 PM EDT

Wareham - Police are examining surveillance video that captured a robbery at the Citizens Bank in the Stop & Shop on Cranberry Highway Thursday afternoon.

According to police, a man entered the bank at approximately 1 p.m. and approached the teller counter with a note demanding money. He did not have a weapon.

Police said money was taken but could not comment on the amount.

There were no injuries reported.

Police said they are looking for a white male about 6 feet tall. They said he arrived in a car with another individual and left in a car with that individual.

Everything was caught on videotape, police said .

Detectives and law enforcement personnel are following up with witnesses who were in the store, as well as with the bank manager and a teller.

Anyone with any information on the robbery is urged to contact the Wareham Police Department.

We have a problem here! Paul Shooter says they aren't studying the videos, while seasoned journalist Ruth Thompson says they are? Who do we believe? This is now a quandry we need to fix!  Paul Shooter, would you care to comment?

This is Rip Dinkle, reporting live from ...well, live anyway.

#5 2009-08-07 11:29:25

FROM PAUL SHOOTER'S LATEST PIECE - "Local law enforcement is not studying a surveillance video on the incident, which occurred at approximately 1 p.m."

What's that Paul Shooter?  The police are NOT studying a surveillance video?  You sure about that, Paul Shooter?  It seems like the first thing the police would do would be to study the surveillance video.  I think you got your facts mixed up, Paul Shooter.  Paul Shooter, I'm starting to think you might be as lousy at reporting as your boss.

#6 2009-08-07 11:45:38

Rip Dinkle...PLEASE...kick Paul Shooter's ass.

#7 2009-08-07 11:48:38

in paul shooters defense he did list a phone # for the WPD(seems to be a trend for the observer).. and ruth did not..

#8 2009-08-07 11:49:33

I just heard Rip Dinkle is taking a 12 hour vacation to Disney. He is flying there, using his super powers, and flying back in time for bed. He wanted me to mention he is glad he isn't paid in bagels!

#9 2009-08-07 12:48:44

BOY PAUL SHOOTER IM NOT A COP BUT I WOULD THINK IF I WAS I WOULD WANT TO STUDY THE SURVEILLANCE FOOTAGE BECAUSE IT MIGHT SHOW A PHOTO OF THE BAD GUY . I KNOW ITS A CRAZY THOUGHT BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION. I SEE THAT PAUL SHOOTER HAS CORRECTED THE STORY THANKS TO HIS FRIENDS HERE AT THIS SITE. PAUL SHOOTER (WHO HAS TYPOS JUST LIKE RAGBOY) YOU HAD BEEN GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU WRITE AN ARTICLE. I ALSO LOVE HOW SLAGER RESPONDS TO EVERYTHING HE READS IN HERE BUT WILL NOT SET THE FACTS STRAIGHT ABOUT PAUL SHOOTER. WHEN IS HE GOING TO BE INTRODUCED? A PICTURE PERHAPS? WHAT MAKES PAUL SHOOTER TICK? THATS WHAT THE READERS WANT TO KNOW

#10 2009-08-07 13:05:12

"The suspect, described as a white mail approximately 6 feet tall, approached the counter with a note demanding money, police said. "

This sentence threw me for a loop..I was picturing a tall envelope.  I really was confused and then I figured it out.

#11 2009-08-07 13:24:51

I think these errors have to have been made on purpose because then no one would be able to play the plagiarism card!

#12 2009-08-07 14:34:35

"..Local law enforcement is not studying a surveillance video on the incident"

"Those Power Elite Bastards better stop pointing out my mistakes or I'm gonna throw poop at them."
                    http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/chimp_reporter.jpg
PShooter(not to be confused with Bobo's proofreader)

Last edited by PShooter (2009-08-08 00:53:47)

#13 2009-08-07 14:59:27

BREAKING NEWS!!!! Rip Dinkle, coming at you live from atop the Princess Castle at Disney. I just received breaking news! Read it and weep (or laugh)

Paul Shooter - Yes, we have an undercover reporter inside the recall crew now. He’s an aspiring young journalist from Wareham who grew sick of the shameless political games being played in his town. The hate bloggers are in full denial mode now, trying everything possible to discredit him. He has chosen to use a pen name because of the retribution he would surely face for providing us inside information. He chose the name to honor a friend of his who was killed in a car accident.
Just to prove his legitimacy, recall central extends into Marion. Now how would we know that?

Now let's compare it to a previous statement, shall we?

By: robertslager on 8/2/09
Oh, I almost wasn't going to address "Paul Shooter" because it's been too much fun watching the hate bloggers completely freak out about this. Paul Shooter is a pen name for an aspiring young journlist in Wareham who happens to know many of the people behind Thursday's meeting. This person is disgusted about what the recall crew has been doing and wanted to help me expose it. I thought the perfect way would be to have him at Thursday's meeting, just in case I got arrested. As it turned out, I wasn't tossed, but I have a reporter now very close to these folks. Now the truth behind this will soon be revealed.

wow...a spy in our midst? Ladies and gentlemen, whatever is the Recall crew supposed to do? ::faint::

Okay, let's just suppose this person is truly who Bagel King says he is. Now, you can burst out laughing! There is nothing going on about a recall! The people behind the recall aren't even the same people behind Take Back Wareham. Now, instead of a spy, we have a moron in our midst! Okay, you can stop laughing now! He writes exactly the same as his sensei, makes the same mistakes, and has the power to correct his errors the minute "someone" reads the error?

Well  folks, it's back to ground level to enjoy Peter Pan's magical boat ride and a turkey leg! Rip Dinkle....over and out!

Last edited by Rip Dinkle (2009-08-07 15:00:57)

#14 2009-08-07 15:03:24

Befpre I head back down, I want to share another piece of news...Barney Frank seems like a great guy on the phone. He talks a bit fast for me, but we had a lovely chat today! He does agree the actions of some people in this town are deplorable!  Just a tidbit!

Paul Shooter, I'm going to find you and tickle you until you tell everyone you are really Harry Potter!

The festive Rip Dinkle......signing off !

#15 2009-08-07 15:14:05

This shows us two things.

1) Bobo uses spell check (which has the words mail and not).

2) Bobo doesn't actually proof read what he writes.

#16 2009-08-07 15:15:14

OK SO NOW WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE PAUL SHOOTER IS A DOUBLE AGENT WORKING FOR SLAGER??????? IT WAS FUNNY AT FIRST BUT SLAGER REALLY NEEDS MENTAL HELP. PAUL SHOOTER ARRIVED AFTER CONSTANT CRITICISM OF SLAGER INTERVIEWING HIMSELF..... HOW CAN PAUL SHOOTER BE A CORRESPONDENT IF HE CANT INTERVIEW ANYONE BECAUSE IF HE DOES HE WOULD REVEAL HIS SECRET IDENTITY? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

#17 2009-08-07 15:21:50

http://www.command-post.org/desk/archives/emperor.bmp

PShooter(not to be confused with Bobo's young apprentice)

Last edited by PShooter (2009-08-08 01:20:56)

#18 2009-08-07 15:24:47

SLAGER'S CRYSTAL BALL ABOUT HIS DISNEY VACATION:

"I WILL NEVER FORGET NICOLE SPLASHING IN THE POOL AND SAYING DISNEYWORLD IS THE MOST FUN PLACE GOD EVER INVENTED"

SHOULD HAVE READ:

I WILL NEVER FORGET WHEN I TOLD NICOLE TO GET OUT OF THE POOL AFTER 10 MINUTES BECAUSE I HAD TO ATTEND A LIVE CHAT WITH THE RAG FOLLOWERS. I THEN TOLD NICOLE TO GET READY BECAUSE WE HAVE TO GET TO THE AIRPORT , OUR 6 HOUR VACATION TO DISNEYWORLD IS OVER

#19 2009-08-07 15:32:55

I just found out that Paul Shooter is related to Paul Revere. Watch for him riding down the road on a moped yelling, "The audit is coming, the audit is coming!".

#20 2009-08-07 15:50:53

Oh my God, Oh my God! Oh my God!  I read his explanation of Paul Shooter in the paper version today and I've literally been stuck in a 4 hour laughing coma...."We have an undercover man in the power elite!" BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA.....Oh my God, excuse me people, I need to clean myself up because literally, I peed (pshootered) all over myself for 4 hours straight of non-stop laughter.

Oh my God, Bobo.  I swear to God, I never thought I would thank you for anything, but thank you for this.  Really, thank you for Paul Shooter.  I'm sorry, I have to go laugh some more now....BAHHHHHH HA HA HAH AHA HAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

#21 2009-08-07 15:55:58

A SPY IN OUR MIDST?!  Alright, that's it!  All of you power elite bastards report to the Secret Underground Power Elite Lair for retinal scans and brain wave tests!  We're gonna find out which one of you bastards is the mole!!!!

Excuse me, BAAHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!  OH God, Oh god...If anyone needs me, just...you know what, never mind....I'll be still doubled over laughing my ass off from now until next week.

BAHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HAH AH AH A!!!!

#22 2009-08-07 18:43:34

Ham, I should be scolding you for reading the rag, but are you serious? We have a deadly spy in our midst?  What incredible recall this spy has--no not that kind of recall--I mean memory. He never needs to take a note, and yet he gets quotes and facts right word for word. He is a wonder spy. 

Ok, I think I'm going to see the spy v. spy cartoons showing up here before long. We may just be entering into a cold war in Wareham. KGB vs. CBW?

So, this is not a scold because, really, I could use a good laugh as we head into the weekend. So, I'll give you a pass today.

By the way--the Cape Verdean festival is tomorrow. Be on the lookout for a man wearing a trench coat, speaking into his shoe, and entering the cone of silence with a bag of salt water taffy. Have your cell phones handy to take a photo and reveal all here. Boris Shooter, we are not afraid.

#23 2009-08-07 18:48:41

Molly, if you need a good laugh, I'd say you should break your no rag-reading rule just this once and read his explanation of Paul Shooter.  It's something out of James Bond. 

I'd go over it now but BAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!  Sorry, I havent shaked off the laughter yet, I need to go laugh my ass off for another 12 hours...BAHH AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAH HA !

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-07 18:53:16)

#25 2009-08-07 18:52:49

I'd just like to reiterate....BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

#26 2009-08-07 19:37:27

Bobo, the Funny Farm called.  They read your explanation of Paul Shooter, and they went to work right away getting your rubber room ready.  They say let them know when you're all packed, and they'll send the men with the white lab coats and nets over with the paddy wagon to pick you up.

Oh, and they also said....."BAHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!"

#27 2009-08-07 20:01:16

Like I said before slager says shooter is a spy so therefore I'm not sure how he is going to interview people since he can't reveal his identity. Time for the srtraight jacket folks. Oh yeah bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

#28 2009-08-07 20:58:20

OH MY GOD, oh my god, BAH HA HA HAH AH HA HA Oh my God, people, please sit down for this, "PAUL SHOOTER HAS WRITTEN A COLUMN ABOUT WHY HE IS PAUL SHOOTER!

BAHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....Oh god, oh god...I never thought it was possible to laugh non stop for 24 hours straight...Oh god please Bob please...just take a break, I can't keep laughing like this....BAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

#29 2009-08-07 21:01:44

BAHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HAH AH AHA HA HA HA....Oh God Oh God...please, before you read it, just go and buy yourself some adult diapers so you don't piss yourselves laughing...oh god...oh my god BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA....I have to go collapse on the floor and roll around laughing hysterically for the next 3 days.

Bobo, you've finally snapped! BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HAH HA !!!!!

#30 2009-08-07 21:14:15

"For your information, jerkoffs..." BAHHH HA HA HA HA HAHA !!! Oh my God Bobo, please, Prozac...get some prozac, or don't because this is the funniest meltdown I've ever seen! 

BAHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

#31 2009-08-07 21:18:47

My question is to urneighbor: should someone be following this man to make sure he doesn't hurt himself or others?
Just your opinion, of course.

#32 2009-08-07 21:22:02

People, please....don't read the Paul Shooter column without strapping on some depends on yourself first.  If you pee (pshooter) yourself from uncontrollable fits of laughter, don't say you weren't warned.

BAHHHHHHH HA HA HA HAH AHAH A!

#33 2009-08-07 21:44:10

I looked up Paul Shooters name in the death index. The death index came up with 5 Paul Shooters. All of them were born in the 40's and 50's. Didn't Bobo, I'm sorry, I mean didn't  Paul Shooter say he used that name because it was the name of someone he went to school with, someone who was killed in a car crash. I don't know I suppose some college kids like hanging with 60 and 70 year old guys. He likes to hang out with Bobo.

#34 2009-08-07 22:07:05

marny yes "For your information, jerkoffs, Paul Shooter was killed in a car crash. He was a friend of mine from college. None of you punks are half the man he was. I know why you are all so scared. You should be. I know all your dirty little secrets. I told Rob Slager most of them"

#35 2009-08-07 22:08:56

Ham...
I just thought of something. Maybe we have this Paul Shooter thing all wrong. Maybe Bobo has had a total melt down and now has a split personality.
One being the same old Bobo, the second which he knows nothing about, a younger version of himself. This would explain why his writing is even worse than Bobo's and Paul is allowed to make negative comments about  the selectman, even sweet brucey. What do you think? It would explain why no one remembers being interviewed by Paul Shooter.

#36 2009-08-07 22:11:24

You might be onto something, Marny, I've been working on a theory that when the Barracuda jacket is on, he's Bobo, but when the jacket comes off, Paul Shooter comes out.

For your information, jerkoffs!  Hahaha

#37 2009-08-07 22:32:03

Rip Dinkle...live...back in Wareham! Caught a bird in the chest, but I kept up my air speed and I'm home. I lost the gator jerky over West Virginia, sorry about that....

What's this I hear? An editorial from Paul Shooter? First thing I did was check my closets. Nope, no dirty secrets hiding in my closet! Whew, I was afraid Paul Shooter would drag out my dirty laundry.

Look, I don't know what's worse, a confused young man, or an angry young man. You appear to be both. The correct terminology is pissin' match. It's a southern term, trust me, I know.

There are racist everywhere, I won't argue with that. The big question is, was the meeting racist? The answer is no. There was no discrimination based on race, religion, or gender. Your imperial bagel master would tell you that if he was telling the truth. Of course, that doesn't fit with his agenda, so, don't speak to me about truth.

Here's a bit more truth. The Selectmen, Town Moderator, and your very own Bagel master are in big trouble. The people are starting to arise from their sleep and don't like what they see. The town has bad leadership, employees are disgruntled, open slots aren't getting filled with qualified people, and you cannot get answers from the people in power.

If you want to make a difference, then use your real name. If you are afraid of retribution, then you will always be hiding.

If you aren't real, then Slager needs help in the worst way!

Rip Dinkle over and out!

#38 2009-08-07 22:44:01

You know, "Paul Shooter" seems pretty damn violent, talking about how he thinks Bobo should "take a baseball bat to people's heads" but all kidding aside, this sentence right here is disgusting:

"I would have walked up to the stage and socked Bob Brady in the mouth for talking smack like that about me."

Let's get this straight, "Paul Shooter."  Bobo should "sock" a former selectman in the face because Bobo doesn't like what the former selectman is saying during a meeting that Bobo barged into when he told Bobo not to come?  It seems like if you barge into a meeting that you're not invited to and have been asked to leave from, you don't have a right to be unhappy about what people say about you, and certainly don't have the right to "sock them in the face."

I would say that Mr. Brady should get himself a lawyer, because that sounds like a threat, in my opinion.  I think that should be enough to justify banning Bobo from any future meetings.  Mr Brady should not have to let someone come into his future meetings that published that Mr. Brady should be "socked in the mouth" for speaking his mind - even if it was by "Paul Shooter" (Yeah, of course, Paul Shooter, yea right) Bobo let that be published on his website, and that's enough to ban him from future meetings.

Mr. Brady is owed an apology.  The only satisfactory apology is for Bobo to resign.

And Bobo, just for future reference, if you want to write like the cool younguns, "talking smack," hasn't been used since 1990, about a year after your barracuda went out of style.

(And I don't think people have said "socked" since 1950.)

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-07 22:57:15)

#39 2009-08-07 22:51:23

"Hey hipster hep cats, I'm young Paul Shooter and I'm young and hip!  So let's twenty-three skadoo on over to the malt shoppe and pick up some chickadees to take to the sock hop and hang out with the Fonz!"

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-07 22:52:06)

#40 2009-08-07 23:06:43

I guess we were right. He sounds like a badass. I'm almost sorry I took his name. He actually makes some good points and sounds like he's in agreement with some of the views discussed here. Then he goes astray and sounds like he's on a quest to save the town from anarchy and mayhem(and somehow, allying himself with Bobo satisfies his quest). It sounds like Bobo's buttheads like to threaten alot. LM debated some dinks who threatened anyone who dared go to Bbrady's meeting by saying it would get ugly, etc.. And now badass Paul Shooter shooting his yapper.
I will say this. I don't think it's Bobo(at least this time). But that doesn't change my belief that Bobo has certainly interviewed himself before, and that's not just misleading, it's weird. Like when someone refers to themselves in the third person, just bizarre.

PShooter(not to be confused with Bobo's Badass)

Last edited by PShooter (2009-08-09 01:13:34)

#41 2009-08-08 00:44:34

LIZA, DONT LET ROB AROUND ANY SHARP OBJECTS. CALL THE POLICE IF HE STARTS FLIPPING A COIN TO MAKE DECISIONS. HE NEEDS IMMEDIATE PYCHIATRIC HELP. ITS OK TO ASK FOR HELP ROB / BOB/ PAUL. LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE MENTAL BREAKDOWNS AND HAVE MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES. ITS A DISORDER THAT CAN PROBABLY BE HELPED WITH MEDICATIONS. ITS OK WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU . A NICE WHITE PADDED ROOM SHOULD FIT YOU JUST NICE

#42 2009-08-08 01:04:16

I figured that if we all made enough Paul Shooter jokes, Bobo would start making himself look out of his freakin mind by trying to convince everyone Paul Shooter is real.

I'm patting myself on the back right now.  Change your name to Fiddle, Bobo, because we all just played you like one.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-08 01:05:01)

#43 2009-08-08 07:47:46

"Let's see, who am I today?  Bobo, or Paul Shooter?  Let me flip my coin and find out!"

http://thehealingtouch.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/two_face_piece.jpg

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-08 08:23:07)

#44 2009-08-08 08:25:17

Some thoughts for and about Paul Shooter

First, I have no doubt Paul Shooter is a real person, not Slager. Not only is the writing style different but I don't see Slager as being creative and/or self-critical enough to construct such an alter identity.

I think he or she is the best thing that has happened to the other Wareham Observer.

I would like to see Paul Shooter post here. While there are over-the-top posts on this site there is mostly thoughtful debate. There's no way the message board on a paid Slager site mostly boycotted by those who post here will have the dialogue needed between opposing sides.

This site needs more people posting rational defenses of Slager and the BOS.

Nobody forces you to read posts you consider obnoxious.

If someone posts something like a Mapquest to someone's house call them on it.

However, don't turn around and write something like "If I was Rob Slager I’d take a baseball bat to their heads. He knows who a lot of them are. He has a lot more self-control than I do."

If Paul Shooter wants to remain anonymous that is obviously up to them. However I hope they realize that by doing so they loose considerable credibility, as do I by hiding behind a nickname.

In all modesty I think I'd gain credibility, at least with some, if I used my name and people checked me out. This might also be true for Paul Shooter.

In fact, here's an idea. Paul, fess up to who you are and I'll do the same.

#45 2009-08-08 08:28:42

Come on neighbor, only a bagel biting barracuda boy could come with a ten page column of "I don't like Bobo, but I must help him, because the CBW is bad!"

#46 2009-08-08 08:56:05

I still say that Rip Dinkle can kick Paul Shooter's ass.
Without a baseball bat.
Paul Shooter is a punk. Big mouth. Ignorant. Coward. Running scared of life.
If he truly believes that his life is in danger, it would be time to fight or flight.
Look for Paul Shooter flying by at any time of the day.
His flight should begin now...mostly because Rip Dinkle is gong to kick his ass.

#47 2009-08-08 10:09:31

Hamatron,

I stand by what I wrote. For one thing, Slager uses compound sentences and Shooter uses simple sentence, though he's certainly no Hemingway.

He does seem to be cut from the same cloth as Slager though. Consider:

After I started writing for the Observer, I’ve read all the crap written about “Paul Shooter” on the other web sites. For your information, jerkoffs, Paul Shooter was killed in a car crash. He was a friend of mine from college. None of you punks are half the man he was. I know why you are all so scared. You should be. I know all your dirty little secrets. I told Rob Slager most of them. He knew a lot of them already. He told me some stuff about you that I didn’t even know. I feel ashamed of myself for going along with your load of bull for so long. Now I see things the way they really are.

If we're so bad, what does it say about Shooter that he is compelled to stoop to our level?

Is this in the print edition?  If so I guess he's lost any claims to it being a family paper. I know of no reputable paper that would publish this language. No wonder Shooter wants to remain anonymous.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-08-08 10:10:00)

#48 2009-08-08 10:25:42

Look, anyone with a modicum of talent can write in a different voice---it's called FICTION which is what both ragboy and pshooter are good at. It's the facts that seem to present an insurmountable problem to these guys or guy as the case most likely is.

Don't waste your time over this issue. This is not the first time ragboy has tried to get everyone riled up by printing some sort of horse crap. We all knew this was coming. There were too many pshooter jokes on this site for pshooter/ragboy to not speak up. That is his/their problem. He doesn't know when to let the crap go.

MY ADVICE TO YOU ALL--ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL DAY--STOP BY THE CAPE VERDEAN FESTIVAL--FIRE UP THE BARBIE--GRAB A LONG TALL COOL ONE AND CELEBRATE THE DEMISE OF THE RAG--IT'S COUNTDOWN TIME.

Last edited by Molly (2009-08-08 10:26:33)

#49 2009-08-08 10:36:57

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

marny yes "For your information, jerkoffs, Paul Shooter was killed in a car crash. He was a friend of mine from college. None of you punks are half the man he was. I know why you are all so scared. You should be. I know all your dirty little secrets. I told Rob Slager most of them"

When I was in GRADE SCHOOL there were always kids that said their mother was dead when someone insulted their mother. This is on the same level I'm my opinion.

#50 2009-08-08 10:39:55

Let me make a suggestion. It's time to stop feeding the debate. Let's just enjoy the Paul Shooter jokes and if he's real, he's also completely full of it. He wants to make a difference, but uses a Pen name, he claims to know everyone's secrets, who cares?  He is angry and wants the Bagelmeister to take a bat to people, does anyone find that similar to steroid rage?  None of this makes sense or really matters. I quit worrying about physical threats or acts of violence when i was about 16.

Other than that, I really like Rip Dinkle, he DESERVES his own cartoon!

#51 2009-08-08 10:50:21

Rip Dinkle here on the scene of a major development. I just learned Paul Shooter has been accused of taking steroids. I was asking some former friends that noticed he went from a geeky 18 year old to a total buff and ripped 22 year old. He had all the signs, the most obvious one being violence. He has been busted talking about taking a baseball bat and creaming mutliple people. Major League Baseball hasn't weighed in yet, but the ALBE (American league of bagel eaters) are considering a 5 article penalty. This includes editorials and crystal ball predictions. His lawyer is appealing. This reporter is following the developments.

Rip Dinkle, over and out.

#52 2009-08-08 11:00:54

paul shooter has changed the bank robbery story now law enforcement IS looking at tapes...

#53 2009-08-08 13:38:52

People, don't fret.  It turns out Rip Dinkle was Paul Shooter all along.  I was at Dunkin Donuts this morning and saw rip walking around with his arms stretched out in a zombie-like trance, chanting over and over "Must buy bagels for my master, must spend all of my life savings on bagels for my master."

Turns out, Bobo put a mind control chip in Rip's brain, and Rip had no idea what he was doing.  Luckily, Dunkin Donuts took back all 10,000 bagels and refunded Rip's money.

Don't blame Rip, he was not in control of his actions with Bobo's mind control chip in his brain.  Don't worry, I slapped Rip, and the chip fell out of his ear.  He's all better now.  Sorry I slapped you, Rip, but it was for your own good.

I just hope you didn't tell Bobo about the weather machine we built that causes global warming.  Oh no, I've said too much!

#54 2009-08-08 13:42:19

Molly wrote:

There were too many pshooter jokes on this site for pshooter/ragboy to not speak up. That is his/their problem.

I don't know about the rest of you, but that was what I was hoping for all along.  We all knew he was a wack job.  Now everyone else knows too.  Thanks Bobo!  Cheers!

#55 2009-08-08 20:16:29

Hamatron5000 wrote:

People, don't fret.  It turns out Rip Dinkle was Paul Shooter all along.  I was at Dunkin Donuts this morning and saw rip walking around with his arms stretched out in a zombie-like trance, chanting over and over "Must buy bagels for my master, must spend all of my life savings on bagels for my master."

Rip Dinkle was a bit tied up this morning,it must have been a clone. The new Rip Dinkle mask and fake hand set is out on the market.

Turns out, Bobo put a mind control chip in Rip's brain, and Rip had no idea what he was doing.  Luckily, Dunkin Donuts took back all 10,000 bagels and refunded Rip's money.

I wouldn't let bobo near by brain. Have you seen what he has done to Paul Shooter?????

Don't blame Rip, he was not in control of his actions with Bobo's mind control chip in his brain.  Don't worry, I slapped Rip, and the chip fell out of his ear.  He's all better now.  Sorry I slapped you, Rip, but it was for your own good.

Uhmm, if you slapped Rip, you wouldn't be writing now :)

I've been busy trying to figure out if the speed limit machine on Maple Springs Road is just for show or not. We have seen at least 5 vehicles going in an excess of 50 mplh down the road. Hopefully, they are collecting that data! What's really bad is this is summer, and children do ride bikes!  There isn't a problem with the Tucy/ADM trucks, they drive slow and you can see them coming for a mile, it's the cars that are the problem.

Rip Dinkle, giving a wedgie to Ham, and signing out.

#56 2009-08-09 07:58:55

urneighbor wrote:

First, I have no doubt Paul Shooter is a real person, not Slager. Not only is the writing style different but I don't see Slager as being creative and/or self-critical enough to construct such an alter identity.

Sorry, urneighbor, there's a rather large hole in your observation. Yes the new editorial by shooter is in a different style, but all the previous stories are in exactly the same style writing as the ragman. So, the question is , why did the style change for the editorial?

So, should anyone want to put this entire matter to bed, I could offer a solution, file a complaint with the police. Here's my train (wreck) of through.

This was printed in the editorial: "If I was Rob Slager I’d take a baseball bat to their heads. He knows who a lot of them are."

Quite simply, Threats Have Been Made.
Anyone who is known by their real name here, at the CBW, at the Take Back Wareham meeting (Bill, Bob, Larry, Cara, etc.) all fall into the group who were threatened and could, as the law states, "fear for their personal safety" as a result of these threats.

The defense would be, the treats were not suggested, but rather in the context of, I said I would if I were in his place, not that "he should" but, and here's the big twist in the plot, if the ragman is indeed shooter, or, if those that fall into the group threatened feel there is a reasonable chance that the ragman is shooter, then until it is determined that the ragman is not shooter the victims of the threats could be reasonably distressed by the situation.

So, anyone who feels threatened could file a complaint with the local police regarding what they believe are threats made directly to them by the ragman, then the ragman would be legally obligated to prove that he did not write the editorial.

Quite simply put, if the ragman wrote, "If I was Rob Slager I’d take a baseball bat to their heads. He knows who a lot of them are." he is saying, "I plan on taking a baseball bat to their head" which is quite disturbing not to mention ilegal.

#57 2009-08-09 08:09:06

Brilliant Flox. If I were writing under my own name, I'd follow your advice. The "writer" who made the threats certainly sounds unstable and threatening--and that should be enough to file a complaint.

Last edited by Molly (2009-08-09 08:09:25)

#58 2009-08-09 08:25:45

I wrote about Shooter (who I still don't think is Slager) on the other Shooter thread, and what I saw as evidence of some kind of paranoia.

I just noticed a question directed at me on the other thread as to whether I thought he could be dangerous.

The baseball bat comment was disturbing and seemed to go beyond hyperbole. Combine this with paranoid tendencies, and the statement that there is self-admitted dirt in Shooter's history, if that involves violence, I would be worried about his being dangerous.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-08-09 08:34:40)

#59 2009-08-09 08:30:49

I wonder if Bill could call the cops, show them the Paul Shooter article and let the cops decided if it is indeed a threat and illegal. Paul Shooter says "I'd take a baseball bat to their heads" which could mean Bill and everyone on this site.

We should make a copy of the Paul Shooter article, before Bobo changes it.

Last edited by marny (2009-08-09 08:32:40)

#60 2009-08-09 08:32:33

Marny, See above.

It is totally irresponsible if not illegal for Slager to allow someone to write something as a columnist on his site that may incite someone to violence.

It would be bad enough if if was an anonymous blog post, but this was a column. Shooter writes "But I asked Rob Slager if I could write this without him editing anything out. He said yes. He said I could write whatever I want as long as it is true."

First, a column includes opinion so the truth would only apply to things stated as facts. That's the minor point. What is most important here is that Slager IS the editor and HE has to be held accountable for a columnist who recommends not only violence, but a violent attack that could easily be lethal.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-08-09 08:41:29)

#61 2009-08-09 08:41:04

SLAGER  OR PAUL SHOOTER ARE LAZY  ANY NEWS THEY DO REPORT   ARE CUT AND PASTE JOBS FROMTHE COURIER OR STANDARD TIMES LIKE THE BANK ROBERY, THEY SHOULD SUE THE RAG FROM STEALING THERE STORIES ,THE REST OF HIS PAPER IS  BO BO S OPINIONS AND IT IS PURE SHIT , SLAGER YOU ARE A WACK JPB.

#62 2009-08-09 08:42:59

It's okay to be a wack job as long as the wack isn't a blow to the head with a baseball bat (see posts just above).

This one line may be the worst thing Slager has ever published.

Again:

If I was Rob Slager I’d take a baseball bat to their heads. He knows who a lot of them are. He has a lot more self-control than I do.

Note that Shooter is also admitting a lack of self-control himself, perhaps a proclivity to violence. Who knows, maybe the dirt on him is that he has violence in his history.

It may or may not be true that Paul Shooter was a real person he knew in college, but shooter is also a name that suggests violence, and there were many other pen names he could have selected.

We know Slager supports someone else who was violent - George Coleman.

What is there with this guy?

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-08-09 08:48:42)

#63 2009-08-09 09:05:42

Sorry Rip, turns out Bobo put a mind control chip in my head to think you were a bagel delivering zombie.  It turns out he put a chip in my head to control my thoughts.  Found myself in the middle of the highway last night, carrying ten bags of bagels in each hand.  Luckily, my chip fell out on its own.

People, Bobo did his best (which isn't saying much) to throw people off the P Shooter trail, but there are about a thousand Bobo giveaways in that column.  When I have a moment, I'll sit down and do a "Shootanalysis."

On the thoughts about the violence in the column posted above, I would say Mr. Brady does have legal recourse, that statement would make a person believe if they were to hold a future meeting and criticized Bobo, that he would get a "sock in the mouth for talking smack."  Even if Bobo says, "But Paul Shooter said it!"  Doesn't matter, Bobo printed it.  It should be enough to at least get Bobo banned from any future meetings.

#64 2009-08-09 09:13:47

I think we may be talking more than a smack in the mouth. A baseball bat to the head is extreme, it is a threat to kill a person.

One has to assume that if Paul Shooter is attending these meetings, and if Slager has told him the identities of people he is particularly angry at, there's a potential Shooter may be deranged enough to think he'd being doing his friend a favor by taking a baseball bat to their head.

Even if the phrase is hyperbole, Shooter has already admitted to a lack of self-control, suggesting he may be violent and attempt a less than lethal attack.

As I wrote before, Slager assumes total responsibility for what Shooter wrote in his column.

If Slager worked for a reputable publication he'd be reprimanded if not fired for allowing a columnist to write this, and certainly the bosses would see that the columnist was fired.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-08-09 09:16:51)

#65 2009-08-09 09:15:42

Thank you urneighbor.
With your background, I am happy to hear that I wasn't the only one feeling this way.
Reminds me of the story of the guy who visits his friend, the "shrink", and says,"I may be paranoid. I think everyone is always talking about me."
The shrink answers,"You're not paranoid. Everyone IS talking about you."
Thanks again.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com