#1 2009-07-27 15:42:34

Mr. Brady...

the Wareham Courier today has addressed a concerm of mine regarding your meeting scheduled for 7/30/09. No, not the exclusion of the press, i. e. the obfuscator. But, the location in a public building.

In theory, such a meeting should be right at home in a public building. But, its location gives the obfuscator and his master, not-so-sweet brucie, an opportunity to throw their red herrings all over the road to the meeting. and that's too bad....

Is there any chance that the meeting can be moved to a private venue? For example, veterans halls, as well as others. there may be a cost to this, but I will pledge to contribute to defraying the cost of rental, etc. It is my strong opinion, that many others would join me.

this is simply too big an issue, too important a step, too critical to "taking back Wareham", to let the politburo and pravda-by-the bay drag it into the quagmire they seek. the result? obfuscation, as always.

I hope to hear from many of my fellow bloggers, pros & cons.

#2 2009-07-27 15:52:14

I am a taxpayer, and since I pay taxes for the upkeep and use of the middle school, I think that as long as Mr. Brady pays for the use of the auditorium, it is a proper place to have the meeting. By the way, I no longer have middle school age children but I am happy to pay taxes to support education--I am also happy to be able to use a building I have helped to pay for.

Keep in mind, that the school dept. rents out space for church services---now if you want to talk about separation of church and state, I think you would have a decent argument. But for a group of citizens who pay the taxes for that very building to meet there and have a say about their current government, I fully support it.

The auditorium is comfortable, I assume the air conditioning will be on, the acoustics are good and it has enough seats to accommodate the numbers that I hope will turn out.

notalawyer, I respect your position and I hope you will respect mine.

#3 2009-07-27 15:53:23

I do believe that if Brady rented the room for a period of time, then it is his room to do what he pleases and the law is on his side.  But if moving to a location on private property would blow Bobo the Hobo's attempts to crush dissent against his BOS masters out of the water, then it may not be a terrible idea.

Keep in mind, they try to toss Bill out of publicly posted open selectmen's meeting every chance they get.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-27 15:59:52)

#4 2009-07-27 15:59:15

I think it depends on established town policy for whether organizers can select who can and can't come to a meeting in a town owned building regardless of who pays for the rental.

I assume the church meetings at the school are open to anybody.

#5 2009-07-27 16:03:20

urneighbor wrote:

I assume the church meetings at the school are open to anybody.

But couldn't church folk who have church meetings at school ban Satanists from coming to a church meeting in a school room they have rented?

Not that I'm comparing Bobo to a Satanist, but I would think that groups that rent public spaces have the right to ban the opposite of their group from coming into the room they have rented.  Along that line of reasoning, a group of people that are critical of Sweet Brucey should be able to ban Sweet Brucey's biggest cheerleader.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-27 16:04:29)

#6 2009-07-27 16:09:09

But again, this is all just a desperate attempt by the Hypocrite Elite to take the focus of the BOS' incompetence (the latest example being the Crimewatch fiasco) by Bobo trying to put the spotlight on himself.

The meeting was never billed as a "recall rally," it was only advertised as a forum for people to voice their criticism of the selectmen and to talk about their most glaring blunders.  Bobo really is trying to just use this to position himself so he can say, "I, Bobo, have crushed a recall attempt!"

Bobo is just "noise," to borrow Bill's term.  Bobo is going to foam at the mouth and rant and rave at any action taken against the BOS, no matter what, so let's not all act surprised.  Don't let it distract from the need to hold a forum where dissenters of this dictatorial regime can express their thoughts.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-27 16:13:14)

#7 2009-07-27 16:23:05

All I know is from some other towns where any meeting held in a town owned building, no matter who sponsors it, has to be open to anybody.

I assume there must be exceptions for plays and concerts where you need to buy tickets, and weddings where only invited guests are allowed.

As for the somewhat cryptic Editor's note from The Wicked Local Courier, I can see where David R. Smith is coming from.

I think he shouldn't have assumed "everyone" knows who he means when he writes " the decision is rooted in the fear that the presence of at least one local paper (any guesses which one?) would scare people away," and then calling it "that paper". For all a casual reader knows he's referring to himself.

Can't we all have a decent level of journalism here?

"That paper" is the Wareham Observer, owned, published, written and edited by Robert Slager.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-07-27 16:31:29)

#8 2009-07-27 16:29:58

I have a problem with excluding ANYONE from this meeting. However, it is my opinion. I only hope that the good works associated with this meeting are not destroyed by those who will declare "discrimination".
The spin from the other side will be that you are a group of elitists, and even racists, as well as anti-American because you bar the press from an event that you yourselves have made public.
You are about to enter dangerous waters, and the only end result can be that the press will concentrate on exclusion instead of good deeds and thoughts for the future.
My opinion is that you let the press in (what have you to fear?), or change the location to a private venue, even someone's house.
No one is allowed on private property unless invited.
Only my opinion!

Last edited by danoconnell (2009-07-27 16:31:51)

#9 2009-07-27 16:31:06

I still think its Brady's room to do as he pleases if he rented it, but what the hell, if meeting on private property shuts them up, may not be a bad idea.  They're already talking on the ST site blogs about trying to get the town government to shut the meeting down altogether.

Oh such fear of anti-BOS criticism.  It speaks volumes!

#10 2009-07-27 16:33:49

Besides David Smith in The Courier, who's the "them" that needs to be shut up about where the meeting is?

Put some links on to the blogs and articles you're referring to....

#11 2009-07-27 16:41:20

I was reading the comments under the story about the meeting on the ST site.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc … 015/TOWN14

I don't have any issue with David Smith, so I wasn't being critical of him or saying that he needed to shut up. 

This is all really much ado about nothing.  When it comes down to it, Bobo and the Hypocrite Crew own the public dialog, on any issue, they declare a fictional truth and shout down any who question it as being self interested power elitists.  People who have criticism of the BOS are tired of never being able to get a word in edgewise.  For Bobo the blowhard to claim disenfranchisement is laughable.

But screw it, let the douche come, just maybe demand he wear a paper bag on his head so that those in attendance don't constantly feel the need to vomit when they catch a glimpse of his butt ugly head.

#12 2009-07-27 17:10:00

How about this for a policy?  Open to all Wareham residents.  Halifax residents with strange obsessions with Wareham who want to boss everyone in this town around yet even they don't want to live under the regime they support (which speaks volumes) need not apply.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-27 17:18:27)

#13 2009-07-27 17:16:26

If Slager comes will he bring a personal armed body guard?

http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/01-98/01-09-98/baptiste.jpg

#14 2009-07-27 17:29:31

GWB

1.) Have a good Moderator at the meeting.

2.) State at the beginning of the meeting that only registered voters in the Town of Wareham will be allowed to speak.

3.) State that admittance to any out of town residents including reporters is a privaledge and any attempt to disrupt the meeting by them will result in thier removal.

4.) If your intent Mr. Brady was to have a quasi private meeting then I agree with others that have stated it should have been held in a rented hall and not a school.

5.) But since you are having it in a school and have announced it publicly then it is my opinion that you have opened the door to allowing everyone who wants to attend to show up Including those who don't agree with the points of view that most here have.

#15 2009-07-27 18:43:23

Mr Brady is renting the space, I will support HIS invited guest LIST. As taxpayers we pay for that building too, I don't have kids in the Wareham school system so using the room for a few hours does not make me feel bad.

In terms of the press, if he wants to invite the press then do so, but Observer Media cannot just report on something without adding his hate, misleading comments. Invite the "real"reporters if any.

Imagine Observer Media suggesting that the Cape Verdean community, because WE elected Mr Cruz, should somehow not be welcome?????

The Cape Verdean community has done nothing to you Observer Media, except live in a community, where they actively participate, work, pay taxes and contribute to a better quality of living for all of us. YOU SHOULD BA ASHAMED OF YOURSELF for including them in your hate comments. I for one am very proud to have Mr Cruz on our BOS.

AND IN MY OPINION YOPU SHOULD ISSUE THE CAPE VERDEAN COMMUNIY A HUGE APOLOGY ON THE FREE PORTION OF YOUR SITE.

#16 2009-07-27 18:43:45

listen , we just dont want that  nut slager coming to screw up the meeting.

#17 2009-07-27 18:58:30

Good day "fellow citizens",
I've deliberately stayed somewhat quiet for a few days but now I feel you should hear from me that nothing has changed since I last posted, as to who is welcome to attend on Thursday evening.  First and foremost, no media.
Upon the results of the turnout together with any input (identities excluded)
all media entities will be provided with the same press release.  Read each over the weekend or as reported and determine for yourself, comparing all three or more; especially if you attend, as to which has an accurate representation of the event.

There has been a significant ranting and raving by at least on media venue suggesting that this has the like of a "dictatorship" flavor, somehow some racism, possibly elitist overtones and so on.  Let me assure all that this meeting is open to all citizens (not just registered voters) who share unhappiness with the leadership and desire a new direction for OUR community.  Its that simple.  It is not a debate and there will be NO disruptions. 

I've even reached out to the many business owners I know to at least come witness and share any concerns, which many of them have.  Like, why don't we market our community ?  promote tourism ?  offer shoreline programs ? etc...
Instead, there is nothing but negative overtures coming from at least one reporter who would be the first to blame everyone other than the elected officials for all the turmoil in town.

I suspect that most of our town employees won't attend for fear of retribution and/or retaliation.  That in itself is sad and unacceptable.  None of our public service men and woman should fear our elected officials.  That is much of the problem.  Talk about dictatorship.  ???

As for the media, one of the "local" journalists has been hounding (borderline harassing) me for comment.  While I know he lurks here for input, there it is.
No media for the last time.  I hope he doesn't further embarrass himself by insisting on attending.

Mr. Oconnell, with utmost due respect, my objective is attendance and participation.  I don't wish to compromise meeting my goal because of fear of retaliation or retribution.  (We can't afford another audit.) Hell, we couldn't afford the first one but that doesn't matter to this administration.

See you on Thursday.
Bob Brady

#18 2009-07-27 19:39:25

It's a bit of a double edged sword. I completely understand the retribution angle. Many of the town employees would fear reprisals from our current dictatorship, and if you don't believe that, check the shrinking payroll and listen to 6 minutes of pure witch hunt.

#19 2009-07-27 19:46:48

Mr Brady, my only question for you is where do you draw the line of "media"?  Is it just the 3 papers, or do people who post on here count as media?  In terms of legitimacy of the medium, the observer is, at this point, basically a blog.  It's one guy who posts his opinion on things that he may or may not be informed about.  How does that make him different than a blogger?  Are you going to ask that the bloggers on this site do not post about anything they see while in attendance?  How about twitter/facebook/etc?  All of these are forms of media, and I don't see how they can be banned.  Is it only Wareham town citizens?  How about summer residents?  While I appreciate the reasoning behind your position, the position itself is a bit fuzzy.

#20 2009-07-27 20:21:08

I have had the best time commenting on LenSkynyrd and Big Rock's crap on the S-T. Wow, they sound like very angry people. And they call us Hate bloggers????

#21 2009-07-27 20:45:30

Hey, if they ever want to catch the Pro-BOS meeting where no dissent is allowed, they hold them every Tuesday night at the Multi-Service Center.  If they miss it and want to catch the Pro-BOS replay where no dissent is allowed, they can pony up 5 bucks for a subscription to the BOS' de facto press secretary.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-27 20:46:11)

#22 2009-07-27 21:23:10

I had a very interesting conversation tonight with a local business owner. She will be there on Thursday. Why? To try and learn about what's going on in town, she will not read or distribute Observer Media because of Slager.

Maybe his lies are catching up with him and will bring many people to the meeting.

She had heard about his Cape Verdean comment and that has really got her fired up. She is not Cape Verdean.

Why have the Selectmen not stood up and asked him to applogize? Part of our problem here with elected officials...no leadership.

#23 2009-07-27 21:38:32

Okay,
I'm tired of the angry "hate bloggers" on S-T. It's obvious their agenda is disrupt this meeting and preach how "it might get ugly".

Searay,
I agree that the comment Slager made was wrong, but he has a way of walking away from comments that cause problems by spinning it. They will keep trying to disrupt the meeting and the effort, but that just brings more people to the realization we need change.

#24 2009-07-27 21:43:04

good evening to all

Molly - no one respects your comments & positions more than I do. In particular,  your admonition to all of us to ignore the pathetic screed of the BoS' toady is spot on. Let it shrivel & die.

You guys brought a terrific range of opinons on the point of originaion. it seems clear that the meeting will go forward (a good thing), that there will be some consternation at the door regarding admission, and the usual caterwallering afterward.

But, let me remind us all that any movement in history has taken its lumps at the beginning. the key point, in would seem to me, is to establish a dedicated core of voters who are willing to do whatever it takes to end this pernicious reign of terror. That kind of dedication will prevail over the selectsourpusses, the sycophantic screedist, and the shakey minority they have duped into being robotic followers.

Here's to a huge success on Thursday, Mr. Brady.

#25 2009-07-27 22:16:16

Larry I agree, I think we are going to set a great foundation with this meeting, and hope that this turns into a series of meetngs where the citizens are finally free to speak.

One topic that probably does not need to come up on Thursday, but I am beginning to research for our next meeting is the next multi million dollar Westfield project.

I have detected a push by the BOS not to have to bring this up at Town Meeting...I smell a rat here...KandP and the consultant Richard have both said that they need 2/3 of a vote at town meeting to dispose of the land, however between now and that point in time the BOS seem to think they can spend money on this only to shame the 2/3 vote after the money has been spent....more to follow at a later date

#26 2009-07-27 22:39:49

searay,
I am sure there are several issues that need to be exposed or brought up, but I think Thursday is more of an informational session to get the ball rolling. There are so many different factions that need to come together under one roof and work together. I think there will be a push by the Selectmen and their supporters to create chaos.

To be honest, I look forward to the meeting. There are so many good ideas that people have and hopefully they will be part of Taking Back Wareham.

#27 2009-07-27 23:19:06

The only satisfactory apology for Ragboy to give for stirring racial tensions ( i.e. a pathetic attempt at race baiting just to keep a meeting critical of the BOS from happening) is for him to shut down his paper and resign. 

Bobo and the BOS crew's response to this meeting is hilarious.  So much fear from them, I've never seen anything like it.  They know the tide is turning.  As more and more citizens get involved, the grassroots movement will eventually lead to new selectmen outside of their circle of friends joining the BOS - and with that will come a much needed spotlight shown on their actions.

They fear that more than anything, that's why they'll do anything to crush chances like this for citizens to voice their opinions.

#28 2009-07-28 00:22:37

LETS REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED AT THE LAST MEETING. SLAGER PRINTED EVERYONES NAME AND PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESSESS ON HIS ONLINE PAPER ONLY TO DENY THAT HE EVER DID IT. IMAGINE PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESSESS POSTED ON A WEBSITE JUST BECAUSE YOU ATTENDED A MEETING AND THEN TO LIE THAT IT NEVER HAPPENDED. KEEP THE LIAR OUT!

#29 2009-07-28 02:07:34

The most sensible soul on this site said it best in March:

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#30 2009-07-28 07:11:56

YowZa

Slager said he will attend the meeting despite Brady’s attempt to ban the media, even if that results in his arrest.

Intrepid reporter says:

“Despite Mr. Brady’s claim, the Observer has no desire to prevent or disrupt the meeting,” Slager said.

#31 2009-07-28 07:17:44

All publicity is good publicity. Thanks Mr. Slager.

There have been reports that questionnaires will be provided to those who plan to attend the meeting. Admission will allegedly be based on Brady’s approval to the responses.

The American Civil Liberties Union is now reportedly investigating the matter. A protest is being planned outside the middle school for residents who are banned from this event. Local television stations have reportedly been invited to cover the protest.

All this is before anybody was actually turned away from the meeting... assuring possibly television news coverage.

#32 2009-07-28 07:44:54

NBC joins ABC, CNN, MSNBC and E! Entertainment in offering the Brady community meeting live. It's set for 6:30 PM at Wareham Middle School.

NBC had initially planned only a one-hour prime-time special on Thursday night, but said yesterday it would also cover the event live. It was not immediately clear who would anchor.

Charles Gibson will anchor coverage for ABC, which is setting aside its typical evening programming.

CBS anchor Katie Couric will be at the school, although the network had not yet said whether it was offering live coverage of the  event.

CNN has seen its ratings soar with the Brady story, and it will show the meeting on the main network and HLN (formerly Headline News). CNN International will air the meeting to the rest of the world. Anderson Cooper, Larry King and Don Lemon are the anchors for CNN coverage. Robin Meade, A.J. Hammer and Jane Velez-Mitchell will anchor at HLN. CNN en Espanol also will cover it.

Chris Jansing will anchor live coverage of the meeting on MSNBC. Shepard Smith will anchor live coverage of the meeting on Fox News, with Megyn Kelly anchoring coverage of the event on the Fox network.

E! Entertainment and TV Guide will cover the meeting on their television networks and Web sites.

Link

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-07-28 07:46:09)

#33 2009-07-28 08:04:48

Ok Grandpa Bobo, thanks for playing, go screw yourself, sorry that criticism of the selectmen will occur and you won't be able to intimidate people out of talking or be able to do damage control and spin truth into lies to protect your buddies.

I know it scares the shit out of you, but grassroots meetings like this will put the truth out and eventually that will lead to new selectmen joining the board and gaining the power to investigate and shine a spotlight on your pals' misdeeds.

Keep lying about racism and the ACLU, nobody's listening, they just realize how pathetically scared you are of the public discovering the truth that you've been trying to hide.

Thanks for playing, go kiss Sweet Brucey's butt.

#34 2009-07-28 08:08:54

BREAKING NEWS:

RAGMAN INTERVIEWS HIMSELF

"I don't like this meeting," Ragman told Ragman.  "The public might find out about bullshit the selectmen have pulled and wonder why I haven't reported on it, thus learning I am full of bullshit too," Ragman told Ragman in an interview with the Ragman. 

"Do you think it is weird that you interview yourself?" Ragman asked Ragman.  "No not really," Ragman replied to Ragman in an interview with Ragman.

#35 2009-07-28 08:12:39

I'll tell you what, how about we compromise here?

We won't let Bobo in, but we will let whoever the reporter is in that interviews Bobo in these unattributed "news" articles with no byline where Bobo is quoted.

I think that is fair.

#36 2009-07-28 08:13:21

SLAGER IS  A PHYSCO ,  CRAZEY NUT . WHO NEEDS TO BE COMMITED TO AN INSANE ASSULLM , I  JUST CANT STAND THIS MENTAL CASE, JUST DONT LET YHIS BLOOGER IN , HE IS NOT A NEWSPAPPER MAN , KICK HIM OUT OF THE MEETIMG THUS  NITE , THE OTHER 2 PAPPERS SHOILD BE LET IN THIS GUY IS CRAZYAND IS  JUST OUT TO DISRUPT THE MEETING , SCREW OFF YOU FAT BASTARD.

#37 2009-07-28 08:15:20

So what's the over under on the "ACLU investigation" being Bobo doublespeak for he sent them an email?

#38 2009-07-28 08:36:17

"The American Civil Liberties Union is now reportedly investigating the matter"? Yeah, sure they are...

It sounds like a spot on Hamatron hunch that Slager sent them an email and he got a reply saying they received it.

Was the word "investigating" ever used? I doubt it, if there even were any emails.

If he's the one that contacted the ACLU and they responded he should have revealed this. He tries to make it sound like the ACLU is following events in Wareham on their own.

Regardless, the ACLU only takes a small percentage of cases that come their way. I think he is invoking their name because everyone knows he can't afford to retain an attorney himself.

#39 2009-07-28 08:59:54

What makes anyone think that private meetings are illegal?

The principle of the school said that the person who rents the space has the right to determine who uses the space. The school committee has adopted a policy to make some extra money out of renting out space for meetings. This has been done in the past and no one has insisted on barging in to those private meetings just because they are held in a school. In fact, I give the school committee points for trying to bring in some revenue to help taxpayers with the burden of running the school.

Mr Brady has said no media. Period. That is his right. He also said it is intended for people who want change in Wareham.

I can't imagine he is going to be grilling each person who comes in to see if they support the bos or not. How crazy would that be? He said it is not a debate, so if people begin debating the issues, he has every right to put a stop to it.

Why would anyone who supports the bos and thinks this town is well-run even WANT to come to this meeting anyway?

LET THEM HAVE THEIR OWN MEETING---instead of TAKE BACK WAREHAM they can have a LET'S KEEP WAREHAM GOING TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET--meeting of their own. Why should we care? Let them knock themselves out. It is their right to do so, but not on our time.

Not to be facetious, but would black people want to attend a KKK meeting? Would Jewish people want to attend a Nazi skin head gathering? Would Republicans want to attend a Donahue Democratic function? In case you didn't get it this time either, Ms. Lilly, these are analogies to prove my point. I am not being a racist, bigot, or Donahue democrat here.

So, if you don't want to see Wareham change, stay home. Plain and simple. Too much is being made of this and once again, it is ragboy stirring up mud where there was none. Don't let him get to you. Ignore him.

Let's get on with the business of saving Wareham and making it a better place to live.

#40 2009-07-28 09:02:22

Yes, yes, and charges were filed against Billw for criminal harassment. He reported that before a complaint was even issued. On top of that a complaint NEVER issued because the courts felt there was no crime. And yes bobo, a reasonable person would belive you are "bobo the brainless"

hey, wasn't bobo suing Brady for accussing him of fabricating web statistcs? Hey Bobo, did that paperwork go out yet?

#41 2009-07-28 09:13:53

Slager plans to attend "along with hundreds of other residents"  Someone needs to inform him that sleeping on the couch in his office in Buzzards Bay does not qualify him as a resident or taxpayer in Wareham.

#42 2009-07-28 09:16:13

One has only to read articles (past and present) on Slager's site to understand why there is a ban on media. His twisted point of view causes tension in the community and his character assassinations have left more than few wondering why they even bother to oppose the Selectmen. There is no doubt he is a hired gun for the Selectmen. Some in the community have a far more to lose by speaking out as do others. Employees, local business owners, and some residents have experienced, first hand, the revenge factor that drives the Selectmen. That makes it difficult to attend a meeting where you have residents like the infamous Len Skynyrd (a poster on the S-T comment section) who makes comments like, "I"ll be writing down names". This is exactly why we need change in Wareham. For all the nonsense about excluding people and ACLU, the same people crying about being left out have been excluding people and targeting dissenters since the start of the current regime.

I knew this process wouldn't be easy from the start. It will be worth it when we have a government for the people and by the people. Instead of tea, how about if everyone tosses a copy of the Slager's newspaper in the bay? Different item, same theme.

#43 2009-07-28 09:26:43

There should be no fear of character assassinations or retribution, as it will come from only the Observer and the BOS. There glass ceiling has cracked and they are in the minority now. No one believes them anymore. Except a SMALL group of nut jobs.

Town employees, political adversaries, public town figures... Have you not already been the victims of the BOS/Observer assassination game? And this meeting hadn't even happened yet!

There is NO reason not to attend if you want to TAKE BACK WAREHAM!

Let them mock you. Let them attack your character. Let them disrupt this meeting. It will only make THEM look worse!

#44 2009-07-28 09:49:50

Anyone who is there to "protest" will really be there because they are desperately trying to protect whatever interest, benefits, political favors they are getting from this corrupt BOS.  It will be interesting to see who THEY are for a change instead of just hiding behind their tool, Bobo.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-28 09:51:25)

#45 2009-07-28 09:54:25

Ham,
I only wish people like TheBigRock and LenSkynyrd would use their real name. These threats of violence and the the suggestion that there will be violence is absurd and a trademark of the current Selectmen. Anything to disrupt the meeting because they fear people have had enough. After all the nonsense they preach about the "power elite", they are exactly what they keep ranting about. When it is all said and done, they will still be bitter fools.

#46 2009-07-28 10:27:09

Sometimes predicting violence leads unstable people to feel empowered to engage in violence.

#47 2009-07-28 12:10:24

LET US HAVE OUR MEETING AND YOU NUT JOBS CAN HAVE YOURS. I CAN SEE IT NOW. TIN FOIL HATS WILL BE ISSUED AT THE DOOR TO PREVENT MIND CONTROLLING DEVICES INTERFERRING WITH THE DEBATE. SLAGER WILL CLAIM THE POWER ELITE DOWNLOADED A VIRUS ON HIS COMPUTER WHILE HE WAS WATCHING A PORN VIDEO. SEVERAL PEOPLE WILL CLAIM THEY WERE PROBED BY ALIENS DURING THEIR ATTENDANCE AT THE MEETING.

#48 2009-07-28 12:44:46

Grandpa Bobo is a master of distraction and we shouldn't let him change the spotlight to where he loves it - on himself.

The Crimewatch incident was a collossal embarrassement for them.  THEIR BUDDY HIT A LADY WITH A FREAKIN CRIMEWATCHMOBILE!!!  The BOS openly support the guy, Bobo's calling it a police conspiracy...they're ignoring complaints from their Onset/East Wareham power base.  The BOS, Sweet Brucey especially, has been caught in lie after lie as the public asks questions about the town's liability for Crimewatch.  They're in a rock and a hard place, they want to protect their buddy but they also want to keep those votes, so they desperately want to throw the attention onto something else. 

They also hired a new town accountant (behind closed doors) that doesn't have an accounting degree, one of the selectmen didn't know whether she had a degree, and the only information the public has been able to find out about this person has been through google!

With their horrible track record, no wonder they want to change the subject!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-28 12:45:14)

#49 2009-07-28 12:48:57

THEY WILL BE PROBED BY ALIENS LOOKING FOR BRAINS  AND WII NOT FIND ANYTHING BUT COBWEBS.

#50 2009-07-28 13:05:30

I do not think the leaders of our great community really want the ACLU to be investigating anything in Wareham, but I have often thought they should have a looky loo. I have a feeling that Mr. Brady isn't going to be the one sorry in the end. But, they will probably express a real interest in denying Mr. Tucy access to his property, the public dafamation of Charles and Cara Pillsbury, and a whole host of other little things that seem to get forgotten all too quick here.

#51 2009-07-28 13:44:56

I would note that 2 of the (6 or more) witnesses of the infamous Crimewatchmobile incident stated on this website that they planned to come to this meeting.  Bobo's rantings started right after that.  How much of this just a smokescreen to keep the public from finding out the truth of what their buddy did on that fateful day?  Is this all really just an attempt to scare people who saw what their buddy did from talking?  Shameful.

This lunatic claims to stand up for decency, but defends prostitution solicitation on the grounds that it happened a long time ago, as if that somehow makes it better.

As a McCarthy critic once said, and I amend it for Wareham's Bobo McCarthy - "Have you no decency, sir?  Have you no decency?"

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-28 13:47:29)

#52 2009-07-28 13:59:50

HE ALWAYS CLAIMS HE IS FOR THE "LITTLE GUY" BUT WHEN  A WOMAN WITH HER KIDS WHO IS GETTING ASSISTANCE WITH MEALS GET YELLED AT , SCREAMED THAT SHE IS A RETARD IN FRONT OF HER KIDS, AND THEN GET  STRUCK BY A CRIMEWATCHMOBILE WHO'S SIDE DOES SWEET BRUCIE AND SLAGER ???? NOT HER BUT THE PROSTITUTE GETTING CRIME WATCH DIRECTOR. I KEEP BRING UP THE PROSTITUTE BECAUSE HE WAS LET GO FROM SHARON PD BECAUSE OF THE INCIDENT AFTER ONLY A SEASON OF BEING A POLICE SPECIAL. THIS REFUTES HIS CLAIM OF BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER WITH 14 YEARS ON THE JOB. THE GUY IS A PATHALOGICAL LIAR AND A BULLY, NO WONDER WHY SWEET BRUCIE AND HIM GET ALONG SO WELL.

#53 2009-07-28 14:22:23

I wonder why BoBo is so attracted to bullies.

#54 2009-07-28 14:38:53

Mr Brady

Brilliant strategy, I am impressed and looking forward to Thursday's meeting and meeting you.

Put a paid add in the S-T and Courrier. Knowing Observer Media would jump all over that then get FREE daily advertisement about the meeting stirring up interest in attendace by Observer Media all FREE!!!

The best part is Mr Slager does not even realize he was used, as he continues his daily free advertising about the meeting.

By stirring folks up he is just helping our goal to improve our town

Outstanding work!!

#55 2009-07-28 15:32:13

anybody see the updated article on the rag?  Claims that the BoS posted an open meeting at the middle school for the same time as the community meeting, and that all are welcome to the BoS meeting.  Also quotes sweet brucie saying that the BoS will be at the community meeting to listen.  Any predictions on how this all turns out?

#56 2009-07-28 15:41:24

I'm not sure he can do that, at least not at the same meeting. I guess we will find out.

#57 2009-07-28 15:55:49

What? how can they post a meeting at the same time when that room has been reserved by Mr. Brady? This is too crazy.

What doe Barry R. say about this? How can the selectmen post a meeting when there is no room available? If the selectmen are using the room, then I guess Mr. Brady can get his $$$ back and reschedule his meeting in a private venue at another time.

THIS IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HOW SCREWED UP THIS TOWN IS. Citizens cannot even hold a meeting without harassment from the local tabloid and the town's officials.

If they had any class or any brains, they would say--"of course our political opponents can meet privately. This is a free and democratic society. It is not a country where the media is controlled by those in power and where anyone who dissents from the status quo is punished. Wareham is a town government for the people and by the people. If some of Wareham's citizens want to meet in an effort to improve their town, they should have the right to do so."

But no way will you hear those words from ragboy and the bos. The reality is we DO live in Wareham and that means that we are not being allowed to meet without being hassled. One might ask---what are they afraid of?

Yet another reason to throw the bums out.

#58 2009-07-28 16:03:35

I think if Mr Brady has to allow the selectmen into his meeting, then Mr Brady should be allowed into the selectmen's executive sessions to listen to cronie talk about rats. After all that is only fair.

#59 2009-07-28 16:10:57

Where's Perry White when you need him?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/84/Perry_white_jo22.jpg
When is Slager going to learn to put updates above his articles and date them (both) instead of shoe-horning updates into existing articles?

How can a reader tell what the update is unless it's delineated? All other online papers and blogs use dates and times when updates are added.

This guy just doesn't need an editor to help him write, he needs someone with basic common sense to make his blog readable.

Even Jimmy Olsen would do a better job.

#60 2009-07-28 16:28:42

The BOS in their infinite wisdom has just provided even more free publicity for the meeting.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_bradys_color.jpg
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_web_banner.jpg

#61 2009-07-28 16:38:23

Didn't a previous Board of Selectman receive a strong reprimand for violating the Open Meeting Rule by using the telephone or e-mail to try to oust Sweet Brucie as the Chairperson?   If all five of the selectman have been called or e-mailed to setup a special meeting at the school, it would appear that the Open Meeting Rule has been violated again.  They should have made the decision to conduct a special meeting at the last regularly scheduled open meeting.

#62 2009-07-28 16:41:44

According to Slager the school superintendent, Dr. Barry Rabinovich, is currently determining who's going to be allowed to have meetings in the school, and where.  How much authority does the BOS/ITA have over the superintendent?  Does this guy, who as far as I can tell is thrust into the middle of a situation that really just sucks for him, have any reason to be fearful of retribution if his decision isn't what the BOS wants to hear?  This whole situation is just bizarre

#63 2009-07-28 16:49:54

Hey!  I thought this meeting was for taxpayers!  Pony up $181,000 by Thursday Sweet Brucey, or stay home.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-28 16:50:17)

#64 2009-07-28 17:15:02

The BOS either really, really, really feel that in the best interest of Wareham they need to hear what disgruntled residents have to say in person so they've somehow managed (apparently) to set up a special BOS meeting without doing so at a regular open board meeting which will be somewhere in the Middle School. It isn't quite clear whether or not it will be in the same room as Brady's Summer Sizzler.

Needless to say, all this has provided a lot of bang for the bucks spent on advertising the meeting.

I'd say Bob gets an A for viral marketing.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_bradys_color.jpg
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_web_banner.jpg
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_961336173m.jpg

#65 2009-07-28 17:32:29

Sorry Sweet Brucey, it's a taxpayer only meeting.  Sorry Bobo, it's a people who are paid up on any fees they owe to the state meeting.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com