#66 2009-07-18 09:21:20

IHATESLAGER wrote:

IF BOBO ATTENDS

Wait a minute!  He is now known as bobo the hobo as posted by ham.

#67 2009-07-18 10:25:38

TBL

I am with those that say to ignore the ragman. He feeds off your frustrations with him. He will stick around as long as you keep responding to him. Let it go and your stress and frustration levels will decrease.

#68 2009-07-18 13:58:28

Coming later
photos of CW3 at Little Harbor
"why are you taking our picture?"

"Because I want to."

"Whatever gets your rocks off."

This after he pulled up right next to as if he had any business to ask me this.

Seems not just Coleman is on power trip.

He did answer where CW1 was
- behind crime watch

Sent from iPhone

#69 2009-07-18 14:18:20

Why don't you ask him to show you his badge and proof of office.

#70 2009-07-18 15:09:56

BREAKING NEWS: Crimewatchman to be arraigned in Wareham District court at 8:30 a.m. on Monday morning.  Be there, or be square.  Bring your own 3-D glasses and popcorn.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-18 15:15:52)

#71 2009-07-18 15:47:09

delete by urn

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-09-04 14:43:32)

#72 2009-07-18 16:16:04

Did anyone else notice that the Crime Watch person in the passenger seat did NOT have his seat belt on???
Isn't that illegal these days???

#73 2009-07-18 16:38:30

I cannot believe that after yesterday's incident that the BOS ITA and Interim Police Chief did not put a halt to using this group as public servants pending an investigation.

Only in Wareham!!! We truly have become the laughing stock to any community that hears about us.

I was with some Selectmen and other officials from some local towns this morning and we were the butt of all their jokes.

How can our elected officials sit by and say or do NOTHING about this.Surely the ITA has had an opportunity to at least read the police report by now.

This is a very serious issue!!! Public saftey is at risk.the BOS closed the road siting public safety. Get this group to cease any town operations until this incident has been investigated PLEASE!!

#74 2009-07-18 16:52:45

falcon wrote:

Did anyone else notice that the Crime Watch person in the passenger seat did NOT have his seat belt on???

Also, their right brake light wasn't working. I told the adult this four times when he got out of the car to check my placard, the first three times he ignored me, the forth time  I said it he said thank you.

Don't forget that most of the photos I put on can be clicked to enlarge them.

#75 2009-07-18 16:59:06

These people should not be on the road until an investigation is completed.

Last edited by Molly (2009-07-18 17:02:51)

#76 2009-07-18 17:05:30

I'm having trouble posting on the right blog thread. Sorry. I was still on page one. Talk about this topic generating a lot of interest.

Last edited by Molly (2009-07-18 17:08:08)

#77 2009-07-18 17:47:02

falcon wrote:

So should they give themselves a ticket.  Yes, I noticed no seat belt.  Shouldn't they be setting an example to educate others.

#78 2009-07-18 21:42:57

HEY BOBO WONDERING WHY YOUR GETTING MESSAGES FROM TENN? ITS PROBABLY BILL COLLECTORS. PAY YOUR BILLS!

#79 2009-07-18 22:02:27

That Crimewatchmobile pictured above looks like something out of Starsky and Hutch.

#80 2009-07-18 22:25:38

BREAKING NEWS:

S-T story picked up by the Boston Herald:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region … id=1185735

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-18 22:28:15)

#81 2009-07-18 23:43:14

Hamatron5000 wrote:

BREAKING NEWS:

S-T story picked up by the Boston Herald:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region … id=1185735

Comment under the Boston Herald story:

"Must be a slow news day. Talk about attempting to make something out of nothing. Two Wareham A-Holes having a pissing contest. Front page stuff this weekend! Meanwhile on page 13: Barack Obama attempting to ram 3 trillion dollar healthcare bill through congress that will destroy the healthcare system and financially devastate America. No story here folks--keep moving!"

Unbelievable...trying to make the arrest of a rude psycho maniac parking ticket writer sound like it was not newsworthy enough for the front page of a Boston paper...jerk...

#82 2009-07-19 07:19:11

On media coverage:

The fact that editors at The Boston Herald thought this story about a town most have only traveled through on their way to the Cape would be of interest to their readers should give pause to the powers that be in Wareham.

In fact, it is probably worse for them that Boston's tabloid rather than The Globe picked it up. It demonstrates that the story may not go away as quickly as I am sure they hope it will.

For a story to go beyond local coverage there has to be a catch. Note these highlighted words in the parts of the S-T article which The Herald choose to publish:

controversial director of the Crime Watch program, was arrested Friday following an altercation in Onset in which he allegedly intentionally struck a female pedestrian

two children reportedly watched the incident unfold from her car, was uninjured. A flat-bed tow truck was called to remove the Crime Watch car, a Ford Crown Victoria that closely resembles a police cruiser.

Editors, especially of tabloids and some local TV news know many people have an anti-authority  bent (often focused on the police) and like to see officials who abuse their authority get their comeuppance.

There's no law-breaking police chief or officer in the news now so Coleman is a handy surrogate for tabloid news outside of Wareham. In Wareham his story is anything but a tabloid item since it represents not only his malfeasance but that of those who put him in his position.

#83 2009-07-19 07:59:42

In most motor vehicle cases the defendents license is suspended at least temporarily by the police.

Did wareham pd suspend his license?

#84 2009-07-19 08:08:11

Suspensions are done by the Registry, sometimes at Police request.  I don't think anyone has mentioned if this has occurred with Coleman, nor do I think the Registry would release such information to the press.

Last edited by commonsense (2009-07-19 08:47:22)

#85 2009-07-19 08:25:09

There may be a motor vehicle offense charged as well, but assault and battery is a criminal offense which is why he is going to court Monday.

#86 2009-07-19 08:46:47

In recent weeks we have witnessed the tragedies cause by older drivers, in every case it was reported that their licenses were suspended immediately. I would think this alleged crime, by a crimewatch person acting as a town official  would fit the profile. Good thing they don't carry guns

#87 2009-07-19 09:11:43

I believe the only reason a police officer can take possession of a person's driver's license is when they have cause to believe they are drunk or they refuse a breath test:

the police officer shall:

(i) immediately, on behalf of the registrar, take custody of such person's license or right to operate issued by the commonwealth;

from Mass General Laws - Chapter 90: Section 24. Driving while under influence of intoxicating liquor, etc.; second and subsequent offenses; punishment; treatment programs; reckless and unauthorized driving; failure to stop after collision (4) (f) (1) (i)

#88 2009-07-19 09:30:11

Just saw Coleman driving CW vehicle parking it in front of Crimawatch office.

Has Bruce the ITA and Police Chief lost their minds!!!!

This is not only embarrasing but ridiculous!! The ITA certainly has had time to get the reports and at least stop this individual pending an investigation. If he was a real cop even Bruce would be calling for that.

Five Selectmen and not a word from any of them

#89 2009-07-19 10:01:42

Holy shit.

If a real cop did this, he'd be skewered.  But their buddy does it and he's back on the road.

I wouldn't blame the Acting Police Chief.  Again, the BOS has shown that they call the shots.  Disagree and you are fired.  If the Chief were to intervene, he'd be handed his walking papers.  Yes, he could fight it, but who wants to be out of a job fighting the town in court for years.

The BOS and the ITA are going to stand behind Boy George and their side will probably start a smear campaign against the woman.

This is ridiculous.  This incompetent BOS has to be recalled before the town is in ruins.  Do they realize (or do they care) that if Crimewatchman were to have another incident before Friday's incident is resolved, that there would be a lawsuit to end all lawsuits that would bankrupt the town? 

Any REAL cop charged with a crime would be suspended until the matter is resolved.

A person CHARGED WITH A CRIME allowed to continue wield town authority while the charges have yet to be resolved?  INSANE.

What a bunch of idiots in charge of this town.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-19 10:38:33)

#90 2009-07-19 10:05:39

Ms Lilly, I'll be surprised if I get an honest answer, but what the hell, I'll ask anyway.  When you are upset about this guy to the point that you will call him  a "rude psycho maniac parking ticket writer" and express that you feel his actions should be front page Boston newspaper news, then why do you continue to defend Ragman, who has been that "rude psycho maniac parking ticket writer's" chief defender?

#91 2009-07-19 11:22:09

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Ms Lilly, I'll be surprised if I get an honest answer, but what the hell, I'll ask anyway.

Ham, I'm kind of offended that you don't think I have been perfectly honest whenever I have addressed any subject on this board...there is no reason for me to lie.  "Truth speaks volumes"...just because I am usually on a different frequency than everyone else doesn't mean I am ever untruthful...

Perfect  example... there is no need for me to admit that my comment on our rude psycho ticket writer had more "tongue in cheek" undertones than it appeared to have...that would accomplish nothing but to encourage the possibility of a future attack on a personal assumption but I will...my intent was not to diminish the severity of the Onset incident, only that I feel fortunate that this is the type of incident we consider to be front page news...if Coleman had managed to accelerator his vehicle to 70 at the time of contact,  or God forbid, had been issued a license to carry and committed a drive by as she was attempting to leave the scene, Bostonians probably would have deemed it much more newsworthy...

If you are truly interested in why I continue to support Mr. Slager, and always will, short of him committing any other heinous crime besides being the publisher of a local paper, it will have to wait until I return from my date with a very refreshing poolside lunch...

#92 2009-07-19 12:12:31

IF YOU DONT THINK THE HEAD OF CRIMEWATCH WHO IS VERY CONTROVERSIAL WITH HIS BEHAVIOR GETS ARRESTED FOR A FELONY WITH A CRIMEWATCH VEHICLE AND THEN IS OUT ISSUING TICKETS THE VERY NEXT DAY WITHOUT A HOLD BEING DOWN ON THE TOWN YOUR CRAZY! BOBO WRITES ABOUT ONE OF OUR OFFICERS STOPPING A SELECTMANS WIFE ALMOST WEEKLY IN HIS PAPER AND THE INCIDENT HAPPENDED 3 YEARS AGO AND IS STILL BROUGHT UP ON HIS FRONT PAGE. ARE YOU DENOUNCING THIS STORY AS WELL?

#93 2009-07-19 15:40:35

the town is crazy, lets all get down tues and complain at citzens partipiction.

#94 2009-07-19 15:52:11

TBL

I saw George Coleman in his crime watch car today too. He was pulling into the walmart parking lot. I saw the car coming from a distance and assumed someone else had to be driving it. He should step down pending the outcome of his criminal case. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw George Coleman behind the wheel. Now that I think about it I have never seen anyone but George Coleman driving that particular car. It is the more modern looking one not the boxy one. All those contributions he collects to support crime watch pay for him to have his personal crime watch car courtesy of the suckers who donated money to crime watch.

#95 2009-07-19 16:46:13

Ms Lilly, as I said earlier, I didn't expect a straight answer from you and you did not disappoint.

You called Crimewatchman a "rude psycho maniac ticket writer."  My question was, how do you explain how you, on one hand, think of this man as a "rude psycho maniac ticket writer" and yet, on the other hand, support the "rude psycho maniac ticket writer's" chief supporter?

You can't explain it, so you back peddled and said you were just making a joke.  You don't think Crimewatchman is bad, since you were joking earlier, yet you also think he should be front page Boston paper news.

It's ok Ms Lilly, Hypocrite Elitists are never expected to make any sense anyway.

P.S. No, I don't think it is a "heinous crime" to publish a newspaper.  If Ragman ever decides to start publishing an actual newspaper, please let us know.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-19 17:05:45)

#96 2009-07-19 17:04:28

It is a shame that well intentioned and generally reasonable volunteers doing a job that most citizens, especially those in Onset, appreciate, are having their organization's reputation tarnished by the behavior of their director.

My hunch is that somehow or other the charges against Coleman will disappear down the rabbit hole that is Wareham politics. However I hope that there is enough good sense from whoever has the power to do it to get him out of the Crime Watch program.

Maybe a deal will be struck that the charges will disappear if he does from the Crime Watch. Considering how he seems to relish his faux-police role, that will be punishment enough.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-09-04 14:44:15)

#97 2009-07-20 10:57:31

George Coleman, after waiting uncomfortably while the court disposed of the 15 or so cases before his, was formally charged with two counts. These are  assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. I missed his arrival and a photo op, hence I have  no picture of him as cameras aren't allowed in the court room.

In court, at first he sat alone with Bob Slager in the row behind him a few feet to the right. The two talked until Coleman's lawyer came in and sat next to him. Then those two engaged in some conversation that has both of them smiling.

Coleman look uncomfortable most of the time.

Judge Thomas Barrett (excsue the terms, I'm not a court reporter) bound him over for 30 days, but a bail hearing was scheduled for later today.

A court officer handcuffed him and led him to sit in the prisoner's  section behind a glass partition. He sat down and look up with dismay briefly at Bob Slager and shook his head once from side to side.

When I was leaving Slager and Officer Baptiste from Wareham were standing near the door. I asked Baptiste what would happen next to Coleman, whether he'd be leaving anytime so. He asked if I worked for a paper before he'd answer and I said I was freelance. Always a good answer. He told me Coleman would be held in a lockup at the courthouse until bail was set.

I rather doubt he'll see the inside of the Plymouth House off Corrections, now or ever.

So with no photo of Coleman you'll have to be satisfied Mr. Slager going back inside after the arraignment:

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_dsc_0007.jpg

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_dsc_0008.jpg
Click to enlarge

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#98 2009-07-20 11:20:02

Breaking News: Robert Slager, the Editor of an alledged local newspaper, entered the courthouse this morning in the midst of a town wide audit. Film at 11.

#99 2009-07-20 11:29:47

At least Slager was there, probably the only one to get Coleman's side of the story and publish it. It would be great to hear what the victim and witnesses have to say.

I don't know what Steve Urbon looks like but in a crowd of those awaiting arraignment I can usually spot reporters - the clean socks, pad and pencil usually give them away. I was hoping he'd there to get a less biased report out to a large audience.

I looked around the gallery filled mostly with those awaiting an arraignment to see if there were any semi-respectable looking people there watching Coleman and didn't notice anybody. So I suspect I was the only one who posts here present.

Too bad as you could have taken me to lunch.

#100 2009-07-20 11:47:56

CRAP , HE SURE IS A FAT BASTARD,I WILL BE GLAD WHEN BRUE IS ARRESTED FOR HIS CRIMES.

#101 2009-07-20 12:17:36

"Click to enlarge" is at the bottom of your photos.  No need to do that as Hobo is getting as big as a house!!

#102 2009-07-20 12:26:55

TBL

urneighbor wrote:

I rather doubt he'll see the inside of the Plymouth House off Corrections, now or ever.

Hard core criminals with lengthy records often get a slap on the wrist in court so some cop wannabee with a small criminal record is not going to be sent to jail. My prediction is this case will eventually be dismissed with court costs and not because Coleman is not guilty but because that is just how things work.

I hope the judge orders Coleman to refrain from his crime watch duties until his case is resolved as a condition of his bail.

Last edited by TBL (2009-07-20 12:29:14)

#103 2009-07-20 13:31:31

WHY THE FUCK IS SLAGER WEARING A FREAKIN JACKET IN THE MIDDLE OF JULY? ITS 80 DEGREES OUT TODAY AND THIS SHMUCK IS SPORTING A JACKET. IS HE TRYING TO SMUGGLE BAGELS INTO THE COURTROOM OR SOMETHING? WAS THE LEATHER JACKET AT THE CLEANERS? I SEE HE MADE IT ALL THE WAY TO WAREHAM TO CHAT WITH GEORGE COLEMAN. IM GLAD HE CAN MAKE THE TRIP FOR SOME PEOPLE. HOW DOES THAT FEEL LIZA?

#104 2009-07-20 13:47:26

Aw, damn it IHS you beat me to it!

#105 2009-07-20 13:48:09

Neighbor, I don't get it, why are you taking photos of old folks at the retirement home?  Oh wait, that's the Ragman!!!  Howdy Grandpa!

#106 2009-07-20 13:52:28

Ragman, what the hell?!  It's the end of July.  It's well over 80 degrees.  Why the hell are you walking around bundled up like you're leading an expedition to Antarctica?!

Are you really that much of a wussy?  Look at the guy in the red polo shirt on the right.  He's got the right idea.  All he has on is a sleeveless polo shirt.  For Christ's sakes Ragman, what the f%^K?!

What kind of jacket is that anyway?  Is that a - no, is it?  Is that a Barracuda Jacket?  Or a Members Only Jacket?  It looks like one of those.  You're the only member in that club Ragman.

Ragman, I don't know which is worse.  Wearing a Barracuda jacket after 1985, or wearing any jacket before October (Hell, maybe mid-September at the earliest).

Ragman, holy crap, if you thought the leather jacket jokes were bad....

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-20 13:57:35)

#107 2009-07-20 14:03:54

BREAKING NEWS: Ragman shows up at the court house dressed like he's ready for a blizzard in 80 degree end of July heat during a town wide computer audit.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-20 14:18:46)

#108 2009-07-20 14:11:56

THE BARRACUDA JACKET

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_I7yweEqigDM/RbBAgZfoAyI/AAAAAAAAAVo/QfgmfxS78F8/s400/5.jpg

THE UNIFORM OF LOSERS EVERYWHERE SINCE AL BUNDY, CIRCA 1986

(But at least even Al Bundy put it away after Memorial Day)

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-20 14:14:28)

#109 2009-07-20 14:18:51

he's probably wearing the jacket to cover up his stained,wrinkled shirt..don't think the Slobserver office has any appliances or for that matter a shower..he looks like an unmade bed!!

#110 2009-07-20 14:25:11

He's wearing it to cover all the food stains and wrinkles in his shirt from sleeping in the office all night.

#111 2009-07-20 14:37:10

He did note that he does have a shower in his office, which I thought was more information than the public needed.  Nobody wants to know where he polishes the crystal balls.

But you guys might be right, maybe he needs to get a Maytag for Ragserver HQ.  I don't know why else you'd bundle up like you're ready to go to Alaska this close to August.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-20 14:37:34)

#112 2009-07-20 14:54:50

Hey, BoBo the HoBo, where are you going in that jacket?  Back to the 80s - a happier time in Wareham?

All of you were way too quick.....

#113 2009-07-20 15:14:37

NOW BRUCE SAID THIS:

"My personal opinion is that (the charges against Coleman) will be disposed of sooner rather than later and we can move on," Sauvageau said.

SINCE CHIEF WALLACE HAS NOT COMMENTED AND THE ITA HAS NOT READ THE REPORT YET WHAT FACTS ARE BRUCE MAKING THIS STATEMENT ON? DID HE WITNESS THE INCIDENT? DID HE READ THE POLICE REPORT WHEN NO ONE ELSE HAS? HAS HE GAINED ACCESS TO THE POLICE DEPT COMPUTERS THROUGH THE COMPUTER AUDIT? I DONT ANYONE WHO HASNT READ THE POLICE REPORT OR WAS A WITNESS OR PRETENDS TO BE A LAWYER WOULD SAY THIS STATEMENT ON NO FACTS.

#114 2009-07-20 16:46:41

BoBo the Hobo wrote "  A police source said Coleman did, in fact, make a call to the police, reporting that the alleged victim was acting "out of control." Coleman also requested police assistance. That call was taken by officer George Dionne and was recorded, as are all calls to police dispatch. A police log on the incident states that Coleman placed a call to dispatch, saying there was a woman standing in front of his car who wouldn't move."

The S-T.com wrote:   "After calling police, the woman was standing in front of the Crime Watch car as Coleman attempted to leave, and he edged the car forward until it struck her, police said."

Who called the police and does it matter?  Is that a reason to hit someone with your car?  What do you think?  What really happened?

#115 2009-07-20 17:11:38

I have no reason to believe Coleman didn't call the police before he "edged the car forward until it struck her."

He's a member of the Crime Watch not a police officer so up he showed good judgement in calling the police but it would have been better judgement to have told the woman that he'd called the police and they would sort things out.

He's the authority here. He's the one who we should expect to be de-escalating.

It is probably illegal to stand in front of someone's car, or anyone on foot for that matter, to stop them from leaving any given area.

I  don't know why she didn't move. Maybe she was so enraged she wanted to continue to vent. Maybe she still wanted to get his name.  Maybe she wanted to draw a big crowd. She may have stood in front of his car because she didn't want him to leave before the police could get there.

No matter why the woman stood in front of his car, two wrongs don't make a right. In this case Coleman's wrong sounds like a felony.

#116 2009-07-20 17:29:31

Bobo the Hobo is just blowing smoke.  It doesn't matter if she stood in front of the car or not, or who called the police, there's no justification for him to "strike" someone with a Crimewatchmobile.

#117 2009-07-20 17:50:32

The latest from Steve Urbon (who sounds like it was at the arraignment after all) is on the S-T website here.

The only new news is:

Crime Watch Director George Coleman was released on personal recognizance this morning after he was arraigned on charges resulting from an altercation in Onset in which police say he intentionally struck a female pedestrian with one of the Crime Watch vehicles.

Coleman, who was handcuffed for about an hour during the proceedings, was scheduled for a pretrial hearing on Sept. 10.

Now it's up to the powers that be whether or not he keeps his position as director of the crime watch, including driving around in the very car used in the incident, and possibly having similar or worse encounters with citizens.

Stay tuned.

#118 2009-07-20 18:11:26

urneighbor wrote:

The latest from Steve Urbon (who sounds like it was at the arraignment after all) is on the S-T website here.

Maybe Urbon was frightened and hiding from slager as I was.  I'm always there.  He never sees me.

#119 2009-07-20 18:22:20

Binky, Did you see me?

#120 2009-07-20 18:34:38

The July 20 posting of the July 15  letter from the police union (here) two days before the Coleman incident to Interim Town Administrator John Sanguinet and Selectmen Chairman Bruce Sauvageau seems to show where the police stand on the Crime Watch, and raises that must not be swept under the carpet about the actual legality of the parking enforcement function.

Consider:

The Union is aware of numerous complaints (weekly) about Mr. Coleman.  The Union knows that the Acting Police Chief is looking into it, but is your office as well?  How many complaints have you received?  Also, what was the actual revenue that parking tickets generated last year?

The state law allows sworn appointed parking enforcement officers as the letter explains, but asks

When were members of Crime Watch appointed and sworn in?  Are they “parking control officers” as the law dictates, or are they volunteers as we so often read about?  The Union has heard that the organization is compensated for certain expenses (such as fuel) from the Town.  Is this true?  Was it ever true?

If not it would seem that every ticket they wrote can be appealed.

#121 2009-07-20 19:01:42

I am a bit amazed here.
Who is in charge of the Town of Wareham?
Why would the Police Union have the audacity to write a letter to the Town Administrator?
Who, on the BOS, takes responsibility for the actions of their agents. Yes...agents.
The members of this so called Crime Watch are acting as agents for the Town under the guidance and direction of whom?
Is there anyone who doesn't believe that the biggest law suit this Town has ever seen is on the way?
Who insures the automobiles, that obviously looks like cruisers?
What name(s)  are the automobiles registered in?
Who supplies the service, gas, upkeep and maintenance of these cars?
Obviously, the Town.
Who's responsible? Apparently no one has the nerve to step up.
All of the rhetoric that is being said will only further upset the Onset community, which, according to some, are a bunch of "moochers" who are looking for a free lunch.
Tensions are going to boil over, and it won't be pretty.
SOMEONE  stand up and take responsibility.

#122 2009-07-20 19:14:22

And I might add what kind of de-escalation training have the Crime Watchers and parking enforcers had?

Police officers have it in the academy, should have regular refresher courses, and the best of them are highly skilled at it.

This was republished on a substance abuse treatment program's training website, but applies to anybody who is highly aggitated. Look it over and ask yourself whether Coleman has shows any of the abilities described here.

#123 2009-07-20 20:02:58

who runs the town of wareham   answer bruce  chairman of the board ,why did the police send a  letter to the ta , well the whole secretarial staff has been layed off, have  of the dispacthers have been layed off, there is no police chief ,  3 lieutenants are gone , the staffing of the police dept is the same as it was in the  decade of the 70's  ,44 policeman  wareham has the second highest rate of crime in plymouth county .   plymouth has about 100 police officers and less crime than wareham , we have a crook as chairman of the board of selectman who was arrested for driving without a drivers licence , who was ticked by a policeman for cutting off an ambulance and driving a car that was uninsured ( his wife), the selectman have called our police force racists , and support crooks at selectmans meeting , they have worked without a contract for about 3 years , the state has stopped funding the quinn bill, i guess the policeman are pissed off with the leadership of this town as our a lot of us.

Last edited by ihateliz (2009-07-20 20:05:12)

#124 2009-07-20 20:14:31

there is no one to take responsibility,  this town is the worst i have ever seen it, it is run by a mob of lunatics , who run the town like stalin ran russia,  things have got that bad , the town moderator john donahue  and 4 of the selectman and the town clerk have to go., we have dozens of lawsuits going on against the selecyman, god help us all !

#125 2009-07-20 20:24:31

THE STATE HAS CUT  WAREHAMS AMT OF MONEY IT GIVES WAREHAM FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2110 ABOUT 980 K , THE POLICE ARE UPSET WITH THIS CUT LOOMING THAT THEY SPEND MONEY ON FIREWORKSAND LAUCH A COMPUTOR AUDIT , WHERE WILL THE CUTS COME FROM , THE POLICE HAVE BEEN THREATENED WITH A CUT OF  10 POLICEMAN IN THE PAST AND THEY ARE WORRIED THEY ARE IN STORE FOR MORE CUTS , DAMM THE SELECTMAN FOR FISCAL MISMANGEMENT OF UNBLEAVEBABLE PROPORTIONS.

#126 2009-07-21 00:27:15

I’m new to this site.  This is my first post.  I feel compelled to add to this discussion.  Before today I honestly have never heard of crime watch.  I have lived in this town for only 15 years.  I’m a homeowner and a tax payer and I spent the day with my two boys with friends at Little Harbor beach today.  The two ladies that were working the sticker check were rude to me.  I got all upset and to make a long story short, I basically stopped my car just long enough to let my youngest son stay with friends, while I took care of the fact that I didn’t have a beach sticker.  (By the way the “sticker-police” ladies actually suggested that I do this.)

They didn’t like the fact that I didn’t pull into an official parking spot. Instead, I left the car running while I yelled to my friend on the beach and made sure my son was safely joining them while I took care of the sticker business. (Took a total of 3 minutes tops!)

One of the two women stood in front of my car staring at me.  I waited for her to move out of my way with her walker so I could leave.   As I drove out of the parking lot, I was accosted by the first parking sticker police women who accused me of taking too long!  I told her that I was just doing what she said I could and she became enraged.  She said I was putting children in danger because of the fact that it was a parking lot and children run in between cars.   ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I’m really at a loss.  I mean it is a parking lot so even if I pulled into a slot I would still need to back up pull forward…etc.

She the yelled…”Your lucky the Crime Watch wasn’t here!”  Honestly, like I said before, I had never even heard about this organization.  I’m horrified that she would try to bully me by “threatening me with their wrath.”

Wow.  There aren’t any life guards on duty.  Why isn’t the town allowing cars to park for a daily fee?  Makes NO sense!  And when I got home and started to Google Wareham crime watch.  well…I learned all about George Coleman and all of this crap going on with the town.  I’m really upset about the whole thing.  I feel citizens should not be harassed by town workers or volunteers.  Wow. I honestly feel that it's a breach of public trust to have been with no training or authority write tickets and act reacklessly ( or rudely) under the "proctection" of the town.

I mean where has civility gone?

Last edited by newbeegirl (2009-07-21 00:33:16)

#127 2009-07-21 05:01:09

THEY NEED 2 WOMEN TO BE PARKING LADIES , BUT NO LIFE GUARDS , THESE WOMEN ARE PROBERLY FREINDS OF BROTON BRENDA AND PROBERLY ARE FROM BROCTON., AND AS WE KNOW BRENDA ANND HER CROWD ARE UNCIVILIZED .

#128 2009-07-21 06:09:26

09-19179 1431 PARKING ENFORCEMENT
Location/Address: SHELL POINT - SOUTH AVE
Unit: 5
Narrative:
R/P STATES A CRIME WATCH VOLUNTEER JUST TICKETED HER. WHEN
SHE EXPLAINED THAT SHE JUST GOT PERMISSION FROM AN OFFICER
TO PARK THEIR HE TOLD HER THAT "THEY HAVE MORE AUTHORITY
THEN THE POLICE". SHE ALSO STATED THAT HE WAS VERY RUDE TO
HER AND SHE WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH AN OFFICER.
R/P ADVISED TO TAKE IT UP WITH TOWN HALL.

09-19076 1202 DISTURBANCE/GENERAL
Location/Address: A SURE THING - ONSET AVE
Unit: 6
Unit: 15
Unit: ZB1
Narrative:
R/P REQUESTING A OFFICER FOR A PROBLEM SHE IS HAVING WITH
CRIME WATCH.
CRIME WATCH CHALKED HER TIRES, WHEN SHE INQUIRED WHY THEY
WALKED AWAY. OFFICER HAS EXPLAINED THE SITUATION AND PEACE
RESTORED.

09-19180 1440 PARKING ENFORCEMENT
Location/Address: WANKINQUOAH AVE
Unit: 12
Narrative:09-18986 1244 DISTURBANCE/GENERAL
Location/Address: UNION AVE + WABAN PL
Unit: 10
Unit: 6
Unit: ZS1
Narrative:
MR. COLEMAN REPORTING A WOMAN STANDING IN FRONT OF HIS CAR,
AND SHE WON'T MOVE. MALE IN CUSTODY FOR A/B D/W AND ASSAULT
WITH A D/W.
COLEMAN,GEORGE DOB:061139
ONE IN CUSTODY: 07/17/2009 1328
SEE REPORT
Refer To Arrest: 09-833-AR
Arrest: COLEMAN, GEORGE H
Address: 185 ONSET AVE ONSET, MA
DOB: 06/11/1939
Charges: ASSAULT W/DANGEROUS WEAPON
A&B WITH DANGEROUS WEAPON
Looks like a busy weekend.

#129 2009-07-21 08:38:20

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND THIS IS WHAT THE POLICE HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS IDIOT FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW. THE GUY IS THE MOST ARROGANT SOB TO WALK THE FACE OF THE EARTH AND HE CHOSE WAREHAM TO LIVE AND "VOLUNTEER"

#130 2009-07-21 09:12:51

The part that is a real shame here is that this board of selectmen thought Chief Joyce was making this stuff up. They were warned about how nuts this guy is for years. Now they have to deal with this nut job that they have supported. Another example of personnel choices this board makes. This board cannot manage itself out of a paper bag.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com