#1 2009-07-16 09:24:34

Morning bloggers,
Having read Larry's exchange with the chairman of the board, I thought I'd share with you all one of my own from a couple weeks ago.  It's no secret that Bruce Sauvageau is one of the rudest humans on the face of the earth.
I'm figuring it stems from his upbringing and childhood.  He is the poorest representation of leadership I've ever seen.  The remainder of the board should insist on his resignation.

First let me note that the email was sent to the ITA who has still not responded.  He's not very professional either.  He's in WAY over his head, which has allowed the BOS to interfere with most aspects of operations and they've clearly proven that they are not qualified either.

Just "for the record", Nancy Savoie is the City Planner in Marlborough.
She worked and got paid for one day of work in Wareham.  Fact !

From your "clueless, dim-witted clown" fellow citizen - Bob

Larry M,  feel free to contact me at my email address.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: planner ?
To: administration@wareham.ma.us, bsauvageau@wareham.ma.us
Cc: jcronan@wareham.ma.us
Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 4:38 PM

Dear Mr. Sanguinet,

I'm interested in knowing how the planner position
is going to be filled "soon" as you stated last night. 
Are you planning to re advertise, re interview or just
hire someone new.  Its no secret that she (the ex
planner) worked one day and then resigned.
Mr. Cronan, I included you in this email as you asked
the question. Either you deliberately pretended not to
know or didn't know.  Either way, shame on someone.

All in the name of transparency,
Bob Brady
______________________________________________________________________________________

Subj: Re: planner ? 
Date: 7/2/2009 5:01:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
To: Carpenter1112@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

As usual it's no secret that you don't have a clue about what your taking about.  No one worked a day and resigned. This doesn't concern you.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Subj: at your best... 
Date: 7/2/2009 6:50:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
To: bsauvageau@wareham.ma.us

Well Mr. Chairman,

Why don't you enlighten me ?  First, word has it that we have a planner and then we don't.
Which is it ?  And why would you suggest it doesn't concern me ?  We haven't had a planner
(along with other key positions) in over a year.  You can bet your seat it concerns me, along
with no administrator, accountant and a library director; not to mention all the vacant appointments
that our elected officials refuse to fill, like the Housing Trust Fund Board of Trustees to name one.

And who or what gives you the authority to expend funds from the Housing Trust Fund ?  Maybe you
could enlighten me on that too.  And how does our administration intend to pay this year's legal bills ?
Where is the money going to come from, FY 2010 ?

Talk about not having a clue !

Have a great holiday weekend.
respectfully,
Bob Brady
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Subj: Re: at your best... 
Date: 7/3/2009 11:12:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

I don't waste time enlightening the dim-witted. 
If you think I'm betting my seat, then come and get it. (until then, no it doesn't concern you).

On Fri, 7/3/09, Carpenter1112@aol.com  wrote:

Subject: Fwd: at your best...
To: bsauvageau@wareham.ma.us
Date: Friday, July 3, 2009, 12:08 PM

You are a class act Mr. Chairman.
Subj: Re: Fwd: at your best... 
Date: 7/3/2009 2:22:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time

So are you clown.  You do the same. Bye, bye now.
Mr. Chairman and ITA,

I'm sure you've got some "brilliant" explanation.  You usually do.

Maybe you should call her after the long weekend and ask
her who she's employed with ?  Be sure to let this "dim-witted"
voting citizen know what you find.
What's the matter John, Sweet Brucey got your tongue ?  I thought
you were the "acting" administrator.  And you still haven't answered
my question.  How are you going to pay this year's (FY 09) legal bill ?
Free cash ?  2010's budget ?

Town of Wareham
Planning Department/Board of Appeals

Contact Nancy Savoie
Town Planner

City of Marlborough
Home • Planning Department • Planning Department

Planning Department

Contact Nancy Savoie
City Planner

140 Main Street
Marlborough, MA 01752

Subj: Re: see highlighted... 
Date: 7/4/2009 10:52:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

I (or anyone else for that matter), do not cater to your demands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.

Last edited by billw (2009-07-16 13:04:22)

#2 2009-07-16 09:38:15

Mr. Brady,
Again, I am shocked by his demeanor and his complete disregard for the voters of this town. We certainly don't need this man in charge of anything. The ITA is weak, I saw that first hand. I still haven't shared the complete conversation I had with him the day I visited town hall. He obviously disputes the conversation, but I have two witnessess, and I don't lie.

Thank you for sharing, I know I'm not the only one!

#3 2009-07-16 09:43:06

Thank you for calling him "Sweet Brucey" in the e-mail.  That made my day.

#4 2009-07-16 09:44:12

Even the Courier reported that the new planner quit, but he'll still go into denial mode.

#5 2009-07-16 11:00:26

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_15881.jpg
Tell me you made up those emails from Bruce Sauvageau.

A real (grown-up)  town manager, interim or not wouldn't write:

you don't have a clue about what your taking about

I don't waste time enlightening the dim-witted

So are you clown.  You do the same. Bye, bye now.

I (or anyone else for that matter), do not cater to your demands.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#6 2009-07-16 11:24:22

Bruce is the Chair of the Selectmen-not the town manager.  They are easily confused, because the interim town administrator only does what Bruce tells him to do.

#7 2009-07-16 11:36:21

What with the nicknames here I sometimes become confused. I'll ask then whether or not my leg is being pulled?

I just can't believe any member of a board of selectmen, let alone the chair, would write email like this.

It's a joke, right?

#8 2009-07-16 11:57:07

Why is the Chairman answering the e-mails sent to the TA?
The Chairman of the BOS has no more or less power than any other elected Selectman. He has been elected Chairman by the rest of the Board to carry on the daily needs that require some member of the Board's signature or the need to meet with Dept. Heads, personnel, etc. He is also expected to REPRESENT the Board with dignity and respect.
Due to the Sunshine Laws, he has to be very careful not to speak to another member of the Board about issues that would violate Sunshine Law.
Under Robert's Rules, any member of the Board is entitled to question the Chair and is certainly entitled to move to have the Chair removed from his position as Chair if necessasry.
If this was 34 years ago and a memeber of the BOS  spoke to me that way, or wrote to me in those terms, I would make it my business to have a little "talk" with him.
The very least I would tell him is that I would make it my busines to destroy his career as an elected Selectman. Since he is up for re-election in a few months, I don't think I'd have much of a problem.
I have told my sons many times: "Don't let your mouth write a check that your butt can't cash."
Find a candidate or candidates to remove the dead weight and replace it with citizens that understand representative form of government.
Clowns belong in the circus.

#9 2009-07-16 12:31:15

The computer geek in my has a big problem with these emails (of course, outside of the tone/demeanor/etc).  Why is bbrady sending emails to bsauvageau@wareham.ma.us, and getting responses from bsauvageau@yahoo.com???  Is brucie forwarding all of his official email to his (presumably) personal yahoo account?  Is this allowed in Wareham?  I'm not a resident, but that seems pretty ridiculous to me - heck, Sara Palin had her yahoo account hacked during the election and got REAMED for having official business on there. 

Also, note this clause from the Yahoo! Mail terms of service:

You understand that through your use of the Yahoo! Services you consent to the collection and use (as set forth in the applicable privacy policy) of this information, including the transfer of this information to the United States and/or other countries for storage, processing and use by Yahoo! and its affiliates.

Good to know that Brucie's taking good care of official information...here's hoping there's no audit report details in his official email

#10 2009-07-16 13:12:32

to:  urneighbor
if you think your leg is being pulled, then i suggest you ask others who have worked with mr. sauvageau on various committees if they ever received emails such as the ones posted by mr. brady.   you will find that there are so many more condescending pieces of correspondence that this is not a joke. send me a pm if you would like to see more examples.

#11 2009-07-16 13:29:52

Just read my thread "it's time". I posted an exchange with Mr. Sauvageau. It appears to be a trend.

#12 2009-07-16 13:44:01

Oh come on folks, last time I was in Wareham I didn't notice a sign that said "Entering North Korea" at the border. I didn't see armed guards at "Gateway to Iran".

You have elections, right? Nobody would elect a selectman with that kind of dictatorial temperament.

Tell me you are all making this stuff up? You're writing a sequel to "Through the Look Glass".

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! and through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/TheJabberwocky.jpg/399px-TheJabberwocky.jpg

#13 2009-07-16 13:58:05

Yes...apparently he has at least two more missions...and so, each day begins.
But, if true to his calling, he does have an end in sight...

#14 2009-07-16 14:00:10

urneighbor,
If you don't believe, I suggest you try to ask him anything he chooses unworthy to speak of. I guarantee, you'll get a front row seat. Have fun.

#15 2009-07-16 14:03:18

It wasn't so long ago when another group of Selectmen actually removed Sweet Brucie from his chairmanship role. At the time they did make the mistake of talking (emailing) each other ahead of time. That was their only mistake. You will recall that one select person was asked if she would do it all again. She stated absolutely yes! Now we all know that the group that tried to remove Sweet Brucie was actually right and had more knowledge and experience that we do. Once again they did the right thing for the town and would do it again if the opportunity presented itself.
Contrast that to the select board we have now. Sweet Brucie offers his resignation and the fools on the select board refuse to accept it! Go figure. They, once again, confirm the solidarity they have. They are all in this as one voice. They are idiots. They all need to be recalled.

#16 2009-07-16 14:21:26

YES THE PREVIOUS BOS WAS DEALING WITH SWEET BRUCEY LONG BEFORE THE PUBLIC GOT A TASTE OF HIS WRATH. HE THREATENED ANOTHER BOS MEMBER. YOU CANT HAVE THAT. NOW THE PUBLIC SEES WHAT WAS ACTUALLY GOING ON. THESE PEOPLE ARE A DISGRACE. BOBO CALLS US HATEBLOGGERS? MORE HATE SPEECH COMES OUT OF BRUCE'S BREATH EVERY MINUTE

#17 2009-07-16 14:35:02

Just as an aside, if the Chairman has any brains and knowledge at all, and I will have to give him that due because of his longevity in office, he knows a Selectman cannot resign his office to the BOS.
He must write a letter of resignation to the Town Clerk/ Treasurer, and then the Clerk passes it on to the BOS for their information.I believe there is a 48 hour period for the member of the BOS to rescind his letter. But, once the time period passes, it is official.
At that time, the BOS must decide if it is necessary to call a special election to replace the Selectman, or probably better, to simply add that seat to the next election which would be well within a year's time.
It was a publicity stunt, and it worked. Too bad someone on the Board didn't know better so they could have advised the Chairman how to resign properly, and more importantly... permanently.

#18 2009-07-16 16:51:04

If I recall correctly, one of the reasons sweet brucie was ousted from his role as chair of the bos before was for not only threatening another board member, but for being rude to citizens in just the same way as he was rude in his emails to Mr. McDonald and Mr. Brady. History does repeat itself folks, but aren't we supposed to learn from history?

In my opinion--of course--Bruce should no more be chair of the bos now than he should have been in the past. He should not even be on the board, but if we have to have him there until April, at least he should be ousted once again from his lofty grand poobah position. His behavior and language in those emails is nothing short of reprehensible.

Also, bruce is not the only selectmen who uses his/her personal email to conduct town business. Perhaps they are protecting themselves from the audit?? Or future audits?? Just an opinionated thought.

#19 2009-07-16 17:15:54

Savage Joes a Dbag wrote:

urneighbor,
If you don't believe, I suggest you try to ask him anything he chooses unworthy to speak of. I guarantee, you'll get a front row seat. Have fun.

For all those who don't recognize my sarcasm when it isn't specifically spelled out:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/g_vuotto/aabf18_sarcasm_detector.jpg

#20 2009-07-16 19:43:41

danoconnell wrote:

Just as an aside, if the Chairman has any brains and knowledge at all, and I will have to give him that due because of his longevity in office, he knows a Selectman cannot resign his office to the BOS.

With all due respect to your very informative commentary re: the resignation process for a member of the BOS, I don't believe the Chairman tried to "resign his office to the BOS"....Bruce simply stated to his fellow board members that if any one of them felt they no longer wanted to serve with him on the board or thought he should resign, then he would resign...when they all replied in the negative, the 30 second process was over...

#21 2009-07-16 20:16:16

bruce threatned  and got into arguments with his fellow selectman and thats why they recalled him as chairman,he is like a mad dog on rabbies, he needs to be recalled  and do it now for the good of wareham.

#22 2009-07-16 20:59:17

Ms. Lilly,
Do you think that little exercise in pity for Sauvageau would have went over as well in the general population? I know I would gladly accept his resignation.

#23 2009-07-16 21:12:30

I may someday share the exchange I had with him, it is a public record after all even though Bruce and Brenda are using their personal e-mail accounts. But, a recent court case seems to have found that if you choose to do that then your personal computer can be searched. Now that would be an audit!
I will say that the response I got was just as bad as the rest and left me wondering if I had moved to a communist nation and missed the memo.....

#24 2009-07-16 21:15:13

Please share.

#25 2009-07-16 21:35:12

Why can't we the people call for his resignation--formally I mean. I'm not sure how we would go about it--petition? through the ST?

Sure, he'd never resign because he is way too cocky and his level of hubris is off the charts, but it would let him and the bos know how the populace really feels.

#26 2009-07-16 21:38:42

You can certainly present a petition to the Board of Selectmen asking them to censure him at the very least. Make sure you have a LOT of signatures...and make sure they are voters.
Don't forget, he is up for re-election. Get your candidate!

#27 2009-07-16 21:42:44

Larry McDonald wrote:

Ms. Lilly,
Do you think that little exercise in pity for Sauvageau would have went over as well in the general population? I know I would gladly accept his resignation.

Not if this crowd was the one making up the majority of the population...I think it was a respectful gesture towards his fellow board members...I guess he figures the rest of us will have our turn at the voting booth in April...

#28 2009-07-16 21:46:30

The last time a petition was presented to the BOS, not so sweet brucie grabbed it and tossed it aside.  He said he wasn't interested and then the BOS ridiculed the petition saying that many of the names came from people in the bars.  They also said people were duped into signing.

#29 2009-07-16 21:47:15

Ha ha ha, I'm hearing more about Tuesday's bru ha ha and "respect for his fellow board members" is a phrase Sweet Brucey knows nothing about.

#30 2009-07-16 21:51:26

Ms Lilly,
I'm sorry, but "this crowd" is much bigger than you think and growing by the day. It's very sad that you seem to still support this man. I was told the first thing you need to be a leader is respect, and his actions disqualify any respect. At the very least, this man needs to return to private life and allow reasonable people to manage the town.

#31 2009-07-16 21:54:10

I've never figured out how people pay their taxes and take the time to be responsible drivers and yet they look at Sweet Brucey and say "Well, I have to do all this but, he doesn't have to because he's so darn awesome."

#32 2009-07-16 22:04:25

Larry, I agreed with you about this crowd, so I don't know why you apologized...

And I don't know where I said I supported him...you asked me to comment and I did...actually, I did say I did not condone his rudeness...if that is what you consider support, then okay...

And yes Ham, in that particular instance, I do think it was showing great respectful towards his fellow board members...did I say the same about Tuesday?

#33 2009-07-16 22:06:19

Oh it's great, Sweet Brucey is going to piss the BOS into doing our job for us.  Maybe he should ask if they want him to resign again, he might get a different answer this time around.

#34 2009-07-17 07:12:20

Blind loyalty to not so sweet brucie and the ragboy is pathetic.

The last time the grand poobah bruce was chair he was ousted for multiple reasons by three members of the bos. Only brenda stood up for him and returned him to the chair seat at the very next meeting. He continued to be rude to the citizens and to the other members of the bos. He has not changed, nor will he change. He is an embarrassment to the current board and to the town.

As for the ragboy, he is gulping for his last breath, in part, because he is being ignored. He is the water boy for the grand poobah and cannot continue to write--plagiarize from the other real newspapers (in my opinion)--publish and deliver the rag alone much longer.

Folks who support these two jokers are in the minority. No one can look at Wareham today and say we are in a better place than we were one, two, three, even four years ago. How sad and pathetic. Keep in mind that every town in the commonwealth is hurting financially, but no other towns are imploding like ours is. The fact is, we are also sad and pathetic if we don't do something to save our town.

Maybe we should order some new signs to put on lawns---instead of Save Our Library they could say---Save Our Town.

#35 2009-07-17 07:40:42

I like the "Save Our Town" sign idea!!

#36 2009-07-17 09:45:48

Sweet Brucey took the chair even though being legally voted out and not entitled to it.  He, Brenda, and Ragboy set up a precedent - once you have the chair, it is illegal to be removed from the chair for any reason.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.  Any organization or group has the right to decide who their leader is and to decide that leader is not doing a good job and to pick another leader. 

Let's take a hypothetical to see how dangerous that precedent was.  Suppose, maybe 10 years in the future, someone is elected to the board of selectmen and they become chairman (this is just a made up person to illustrate a point).  Suppose this person as chair is awful.  They show up to the meeting high on drugs and they openly accept cash to use the chairmanship position to steer the meeting people's way.  Picture a hypothetical selectman so bad that all sides think he is awful and needs to be removed.

This person could point to the Sweet Brucey precedent and say "You cant remove me as chairman because under the Sweet Brucey precedent, no one may be removed from the chairmanship for any reason!"

What a load of crap.  These clowns never think about how their actions affect the future, they only live in the now and think about how things affect them.

#37 2009-07-17 11:58:36

The Town By Laws clearly state that the BOS meetings are conducted under Robert's Rules of Order.
I am sure, after checking my copy, that no exception has been made to Robert's Rules based on actions by the Wareham BOS.

#38 2009-07-17 12:00:49

I believe that the Charter also dictates the Rules of Robert's specifically.

#39 2009-07-17 12:32:35

Bobo has already started bashing potential candidates stating in his paper this week that a person who declared bankruptcy is going to run for selectman. I thought sauveageau owing 181,000 in taxes had nothing to do with his role as selectman. Which is it bobo? Your such a hypocrit. Your true colors show lackey

#40 2009-07-17 12:45:22

If no one reads his propaganda, then it's just a fart in a mud puddle.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com