#66 2009-07-14 08:38:44

I was driving home from an appointment late yesterday and saw a sign just below the "Open to residents and residential delieveries only" sign. The sign said, " WE HAVE IDIOTS FOR BOS". I started laughing and stopped to admire the sign. That took some guts to put that up! Whoever did it, thank you for the laugh and at least I know there are others out there who consider the whole Maple Springs issue a disaster. I wish I had my camera, but maybe I will get someone to take a picture today before the ITA drives out and pulls it down! Maybe he will go down the road and inspect the blockade that is on town property and is most likely illegal.

#67 2009-07-14 10:03:08

Cara,
I am completely outraged by this debacle on Maple Springs Road. How is it possible to continue down this road (pardon the pun) when it's clear to the people it is a crusade that will not be won. The people behind it may put a dent in the banks of those who operate the bogs and RV park, but they won't be able to close them. In the end, the town will have egg on their face and we will all be paying for the legal bills.

Now the road is in such bad shape, it will be a monumental expense to fix. The commercial traffic that they tried to stop, they cannot stop. The legal bills are just beginning and the speed limit is illegal. Excellent job of fiscal responsibility!

I have MUCH more to say on this topic, but I am waiting until the time is right.

#68 2009-07-14 10:48:51

Just one point. Is the Robert Slager posting here the same person who publishes the other Wareham Observer?

Some of the messages are poorly and sloppily written.

He also spells Makepeace as Makepiece, surprising for any Wareham resident but especially so for a newsman.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com