#1 2009-07-10 17:45:20

"Under RICO, a person who is a member of an enterprise that has committed any two of 35 crimes—27 federal crimes and 8 state crimes—within a 10-year period can be charged with racketeering. Those found guilty of racketeering can be fined up to $25,000 and/or sentenced to 20 years in prison per racketeering count. In addition, the racketeer must forfeit all ill-gotten gains and interest in any business gained through a pattern of "racketeering activity." RICO also permits a private individual harmed by the actions of such an enterprise to file a civil suit; if successful, the individual can collect treble damages.

When the U.S. Attorney decides to indict someone under RICO, he or she has the option of seeking a pre-trial restraining order or injunction to temporarily seize a defendant's assets and prevent the transfer of potentially forfeitable property, as well as require the defendant to put up a performance bond. This provision was placed in the law because the owners of Mafia-related shell corporations often absconded with the assets. An injunction and/or performance bond ensures that there is something to seize in the event of a guilty verdict.

In many cases, the threat of a RICO indictment can force defendants to plead guilty to lesser charges, in part because the seizure of assets would make it difficult to pay a defense attorney. Despite its harsh provisions, a RICO-related charge is considered easy to prove in court, as it focuses on patterns of behavior as opposed to criminal acts.[2]

There is also a provision for private parties to sue. A "person damaged in his business or property" can sue one or more "racketeers." The plaintiff must prove the existence of a "criminal enterprise." The defendant(s) are not the enterprise; in other words, the defendant(s) and the enterprise are not one and the same. There must be one of four specified relationships between the defendant(s) and the enterprise. A civil RICO action, like many lawsuits based on federal law, can be filed in state or federal court. [1]

Both the federal and civil components allow for the recovery of treble damages (damages in triple the amount of actual/compensatory damages).

Although its primary intent was to deal with organized crime, Blakey said that Congress never intended it to merely apply to the Mob. He once told Time, "We don't want one set of rules for people whose collars are blue or whose names end in vowels, and another set for those whose collars are white and have Ivy League diplomas."

#2 2009-07-10 17:53:51

Audits:

Ok, I'll bite.  What is your point?

#3 2009-07-10 18:11:48

I'll bite too...what is your point?
RICO is, in most cases, an intrusion into the privacy of every citizen in this Country. It has been used and abused to enrich Police Departments throughout the entire U.S. It, upon writing, was well intended. It, after Law, became an excuse to abuse the law and to feather the nests of many undeserving people.
You hardly ever hear of any RICO proceedings today. Mostly, because the Statute was weak compared to George W. Bush's Patriot Act.
Now, if I can possibly say that you are connected to any terrorist organization, you will be detained for more than 2 years and have no right to counsel.
That's scary.
RICO is history.

#4 2009-07-10 18:13:24

welcome aboard gogatemen. this site is less interesting since the admin put pressure on some of the posters. its not as colorful as it used to be. it was just a thought for some posters who may be members of organizations connected to the town. intimidation can also be part of rico as well.

i hope you enjoy the threads on this site. it can be lively at times

take care

#5 2009-07-10 18:16:46

enjoying your summer up here mr oconnell? its been a weird summer hopefully it will get better.

#6 2009-07-10 18:17:42

Hooray you are still making no point or any sense at all.

#7 2009-07-10 18:27:37

THIS MUMBLING IDIOT HOORAY WHICH I BELEAVE IS SHITHEADE SLAGER IS THREATNING THIS WEBSITE WITH THE RICO ACT, SLAGER YOU FOOL WE WILL NOT BE ITIMATED.

#8 2009-07-10 18:33:14

i'm hurt liz, the site has done nothing. no threat to this site. in the interest of public service i thought i would just put it out there. it was never intended to threaten you. i'm sorry you thought that.

#9 2009-07-10 19:06:23

Try this:
Select a bunch of words from Hooray's original post, and search for the whole thing, intact, in Google. This plagiarist is cutting and pasting from everywhere, Wikipedia and elsewhere. What does that tell you?

#10 2009-07-10 19:32:09

congrats flyspeck. i guess you didn't notice the quotation marks at the beginning and end. this would designate that i was not the author. a plagiarist would try to claim ownership which i was not trying to do. what does this tell you? re-read my post from 18:33:14.  the wording was not at collegiate level.

#11 2009-07-10 21:47:13

you have said in  previous posts that you are a women  hooray , but you have been un masked as the evil darth vader  ? , SCREW OFF.

Last edited by ihateliz (2009-07-10 21:59:33)

#12 2009-07-10 22:20:08

If you can raise your heads above your local problems for one brief moment and look across the river into RI, there is a rather infamous former Mayor of Providence who recently returned from a few years in federal prison for being found guilty under RICO, even though there was no direct evidence of his ever receiving any benefit from the 'bribe' money changing hands for getting City jobs, garage owners getting on the Police tow list, commercial landlords getting lucrative City lease deals and/or tax breaks, etc. (specifically - Buddy Cianci).

The Feds mounted quite an extensive multi-year investigation and proved their case against most, but not all, of those they charged under RICO.

#13 2009-07-10 22:55:58

You are talking about Buddy Cianci.   He was found not guilty of 26 of the 27 charges.  He just got out of Federal Prison. His stint in prison didn't hurt him any, he still lives a lavish life-style and is eligible to run for Mayor in 2014.

#14 2009-07-10 23:00:47

Unfortunately, the people of Providence just might re-elect him then.  However, I was trying to make the point that when local officials get too out of control there may be the possibility of having them sit in the penalty box for some time (whether or not you think that penalty box was too tough or too lenient, they are out of the game for a defined period of time).

#15 2009-07-10 23:20:10

Yes.  He was in prison for 5 years and is still on probation.  I just heard something about RICO, not sure if it were in relation to Cianci or Boston criminals.  If 3 or more persons get together and talk about/carry out criminal activity, then it might fall under RICO...maybe that is how they got the cheeseman in Boston..but I don't think so.  I just remember hearing something about the Feds trying something for the first time under RICO and they won the case.

#16 2009-07-10 23:44:47

Unfortunately, the people of Providence just might re-elect him if he runs at that time.  However, I was trying to make the point that when local officials get too out of control there may be the possibility of having them sit in the penalty box for some time (whether or not you think that penalty box was too tough or too lenient, they are out of the game for a defined period of time).  This should give you time to get a new group of leaders in place and get your community back on track.

p.s. The edit function did not let me edit my prior post, so I copied it here and amended a bit, sorry for any repetitive content.

Last edited by falcon (2009-07-10 23:49:51)

#17 2009-07-11 06:57:49

SLAGER SAYS HIS  ADDS THAT HE CHARGES THE TOWN ARE HALF AS MUCH AS THE COURIER CHARGES ,  WELL LETS SEE IF THATS TRUE , LETS SAY THE COURIER HAS A CIRCULATION OF 5000 PAPERS , AND THE RAG 300 PAPERS , YOU CAN SEE THE COURIER IS  CHEAPER PER COPY, THE COURIERS CIRCULATION IS AUDITED AND THE RAG CIRCULATION NIS MADE UP. THIS WONT FLY WITH ME. IFTHE COURIER CHAGES LETS SAY 100 DOLLARS  AND THE COURIER CHARGES  50 DOLLARS . THE COST PER COPY FOR THE COURIER WOULD BE 2 CENTS A COPY AND THE RAG 17 CENTS A COPY , THE TOWN OF WAREHAM IS GETTING SCREWED HERE  ,THE INFO NOT GETING OUT. AND SLAGER CARRING THE WATER FOR THE SELECTMEN , FAVORBALE NEWS FOR THE SELECTMAN BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY THE TAXPAYERS OF WAREHAM.

#18 2009-07-11 09:15:11

The Courier is one of the numerous Wicked Local editions of the company that publishes full featured papers including The Brockton Enterprise, The Patriot Ledger and The Taunton Gazette (see website). The Standard Times, owned by another company, actually does the town a service by having a stringer, Mr. Urbon, assigned to coverer your news.

It's interesting that Slager seems to object to the Standard Times reporting and opinion.

I wouldn't consider any of their smaller town Wicker Local online editions to be real community papers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only paper that could be considered a Wareham community paper is Slager's Observer.

It is a good thing that Wareham has a weekly paper. When it was free I noticed that it seemed to have more opinion than news. It's easy to write opinion. Writing news means you need reporters to go out and "report" on events, take photos, interview people and so on.

It is a good thing that there's a blog like this providing counter-point to Wareham's only real community newspaper.

I don't particularly like the nasty posts here, preferring straightforward questions and facts that Slager's paper omits.

But I obviously read this because I am interested in figuring out the truth of Wareham politics, and I understand there are some very angry residents whose word choices demonstrate just how angry they are.

Reading Mr. Slager's free editorial point by point I'd like to know the truth of the following:

Is Marsha Griswold nasty or nice?

What is the truth about George Coleman?

Did Slager stop paying Tim Weisberg?

What is Bruce Sauvageau's documented record of spouse abuse?

What proof is there that Brenda Eckstrom has an alcohol problem?

Does Jane Donahue smoke pot?

Has Slager been fired from any job?

Perhaps most important, does hatred only come from the former power elite?

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-07-11 09:20:50)

#19 2009-07-11 11:00:03

Urneighbor asked: "Is Marsha Griswold nasty or nice?"
After this conversation about Marsha surfaced a week or so ago, I called a woman I know who is active in the COA.  She told me that Marsha is taking advantgage of the Friends' as she assigns them to chores that are outside the scope of the Friends' responsibilities.
Yesteday I was with another senior citizen, so I asked her opinion.  She said that Marsha used to be nice but lately has changed.  She said she 'screams' at people daily and does this in front of others.

Last edited by Mixie (2009-07-11 11:06:28)

#20 2009-07-11 12:23:46

GWB

I am not positive but I believe that Mr. Slager was fired from the Wareham Courier. He may have quit but either way I know he did not leave on the best of terms. He has reffered to this in his own paper many times. He staed that He had a dissagreement with Sara Corbitt over how Wareham was being covered by David Smith. Not  long after leaving the Courier Mr. Slager started the Observer.
   It might be interesting to note that Sara Corbitt is a Wareham Resident. She is Married to Sam Corbitt . Mr. Corbitt was a former Wareham Selectmen, Ma. state Rep., and happens to be a Repulican. He as well as Mrs. Corbitt are two of the people that Mr. Slager loves to paint with that broad CBW/Power Elite Brush of his. Anybody who has met and knows the Corbitts knows that care deeply for this town as a matter of fact Mr. Corbitt up until recently used to be responsible almost single handedly for rasing the money for the annual 4th of july fire works.

#21 2009-07-11 12:43:45

IN RESPONSE TO YOUR QUESTIONS URNEIGHBOR

NUMEROUS ELDERLY CITIZENS HAVE TOLD ME AND PEOPLE I TALK WITH IS THAT MARSHA IS VERY NASTY TO THE SENIORS.

THE TRUTH ABOUT COLEMAN IS THAT THE POLICE HAVE RECEIVED ON A CONSTANT DAILY BASIS COMPLAINTS FROM CITIZENS. THEY HAVE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE TICKETS HE ISSUES AND HIS ARROGANT AND RUDE BEHAVIOR. FOR EXAMPLE SOMEONE ASKED HIM IF IT WOULD BE ALLRIGHT TO PARK HIS TRUCK WHILE HE WENT AND GOT SOMETHING OFF HIS BOAT THAT WOULD ONLY TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES. MR COLEMAN WAS THERE AND HE TOLD THE GUY YEAH IT WAS OK. THE GUY WENT AND DID HIS THING AND COLEMAN LEFT BUT PUT A TICKET ON THE TRUCK. NO BALLS! HE YELLS AT PEOPLE. HE IS ARROGANT. HE WAS ONLY A SEASONAL POLICE OFFICER FOR THE TOWN OF SHARON FOR A VERY SHORT TIME. HE WAS LET GO BECAUSE OF A "JOHN" STING CONDUCTED IN BOSTON. HE THEN WENT TO WORK FOR WELLS FARGO AND HE HAD TO RESIGN THERE OR BE FIRED BECAUSE THE COMPANY THROUGH AN INVESTIGATION SHOWED MONIES MISSING FROM COLEMANS ROUTE ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS. HE HATES THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND CREATED A SOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE POLICE BECAUSE HE REPORTS ONLY TO THE SELECTMAN.

WEISBURG OBVIOUSLY LEFT THE RAG ALONG WITH A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHERS. SLAGER WROTE ABOUT LIZ AND THE FIGHT OVER DOLLS AND MONEY WAS THE REASON HE FIRED HER, BUT HE IS STILL LEAVING A LIGHT ON FOR HER. ONE HAD TO LEAVE BECAUSE SHE STOLE A CAR AND PRETENDED TO BE A MEMBER OF HOMELAND SECURITY. MONEY COULD HAVE BEEN AN ISSUE SINCE HE HAS NOT PAID HIS STATE FILING FEES EVEN THOUGH HE PROMISED TO DO SO AFTER A BLOGGER POINTED THIS OUT MONTHS AGO.

CONTACT BROCKTON PD AND YOU WILL FIND RECORDS REGARDING YOUR QUESTION ABOUT BRENDA.

SLAGER HAS BEEN FIRED FROM THE COURIER REGARDING A STORY SLAGER WROTE AND THE PAPER WAS SUED OVER THE STORY. SLAGER WAS FIRED. SLAGER THEN WROTE FOR THE BULLETIN AND WHEN THE COURIER COMPANY BOUGHT OUT THE BULLETIN THEY LET SLAGER GO AGAIN BECAUSE THEY WERE SUED ONCE ALREADY BECAUSE OF THIS GUY.

#22 2009-07-11 13:57:04

urneighbor.

"Is Marsha Griswold nasty or nice?"   this topic has been covered before the coa director was put in charge (temporarily) of the library.

it doesn't take much to realize that those most against her are part of the friends groups connected to the library and elderly. as such they were upset that they could not get their colleagues or buddies into that/those positions. apparently the coa director came from out of town. this enrages those who want to keep this towns governance and management incestuous.

is she nice or nasty. i don't know....never met her. but stopping by and meeting her might be a good idea to get your own impression.

"What is the truth about George Coleman?" i never had any dealings with him, but it does make me uneasy if he was authorized to perform police functions since he is not an officer in this town.

"Did Slager stop paying Tim Weisberg?" supposedly not, but only tim could tell you if he was allowed on this site. and really does this have any bearing on the veracity of his columns. like saying of someone, because he snores while sleeping he must be a bad father.

"What is Bruce Sauvageau's documented record of spouse abuse?" who knows, but even if true, this is nothing but a personal attack unrelated to his management of town that's designed to destroy his credibility and hurt his wife and family. like going after someone in town cause their daughter is pregnant and unwed. complete gutter politics. his family should be left out of it.

"What proof is there that Brenda Eckstrom has an alcohol problem?" again complete gutter politics. the politics of personal destruction. refer to my previous answer.

"Does Jane Donahue smoke pot?" could be asked about 75% of the people in town starting with the viscous posters on this site.

"Has Slager been fired from any job?" does being fired from a job prove lies and deception in his paper? depends i guess, but it is up to the intelligent people to read both sides and observe the actions of both to see where the truth is.   i commend you on this.

"Perhaps most important, does hatred only come from the former power elite?" obviously not, but again, read and observe both sides to see the actions of both. how someone attacks is sometimes an indication of their moral character.

thank you urneighbor for at least seeing that both these sides have an agenda and the truth can be anywhere in-between.

enjoy your day.

#23 2009-07-11 17:29:26

NOBODY WAS TALKING TO YOU HOORAY. SLAGER IS IN THE BUSINESS OF BEING IN THE GUTTER THE WAY HE WRITES AND THEN COMPLAINS ALL THE WAY. SLAGER SAYS HE HAS NEVER BEEN FIRED. HE LIKES TO PLAY THE WORD GAMES. HE LIES. DOES ANYONE TRUST SLAGER'S ANSWER ON WEISBURG. NO. WHAT TEMPERMENT AND DEMEANOR DOES A TYPICAL WIFE BEATER DISPLAY? MAYBE SHE WAS INTOXICATED WHEN SHE WAS DEFAMING A WOMAN ATTENDING A MEETING AND THEN DOES NOT OFFER A PUBLIC APOLOGY. PRAY YOU NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH COLEMAN ON THE STREET HOORAY AND YOU WILL FIND OUT THE TRUTH.

#24 2009-07-11 17:40:57

I have a question for you Hooray, since you brought up Rico. I'm not a lawyer, and I don't claim to be...

If a private citizen makes large contributions to a political campaign (as an example: Selectmen) and  benefit or try to benefit from a decision made by the Selectmen, does that constitute a violation of the Rico Act?

Let's just say someone on Maple Springs road made large contributions to a certain or a couple of Selectmen. In exchange. the Selectmen agree to NOT allow anyone to fix the road and to ensure that Maple Springs Road is closed to commercial traffic. I wonder if that would fall under the Rico act?

Most of what you discussed above is speculation and left to the imagination of the those who don't know the truth. I haven't spoke out about any of the items you discussed but I still have a problem with the Selectmen and the ITA. I have documented all my issues, they are not speculation.In fact, at some point and time, I will post the actual conversation  and facts behind my issues, but only after other parties have a chance to weigh in. I'm not afraid of what will come out after the facts are posted, but I can pretty much assure you the Selectmen and ITA will backpedal and play the "misdirection" game.

I would sit here and pick apart some of the other items I am familiar with, but I don't want to play games. The basic fact is that this group of Selectmen have performed poorly when it comes to the record of interfering in daily town business, fiscal spending, and employee relations. At any regular business, those are grounds for dismissal.

#25 2009-07-11 17:43:41

SLAGLIAR HAS UPDATED HIS FREE STORY (I GUESS HE CANT HELP HIMSELF WASTING TIME WITH HATEBLOGGERS) HE AINT SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME AT THE GYM. SLAGLIAR READ WHAT YOU WRITE! YOU WROTE ABOUT THE LAWSUIT YOU DUMBASS! CHRIST KEEP UP WITH YOUR LIES!

#26 2009-07-11 18:08:42

If someone were to get the cable tv program up and running, it would be an efficient way to get the word out about all the untruths in the rag......but then will slagerk intimidate and harass the tv people until they decided against the program?

#27 2009-07-11 18:28:11

Thanks to all who answered me. Of course I have lots of question as I think all of you do... where there's smoke there isn't always fire, but you still expect the fire department to check it out.

So where's the equivalent of the fire department to look into the smoke from those the citizens of Wareham entrust both to enforce the laws and rules and, I would hope, set an example for exemplary personal behavior?

It looks from where I sit not all that far away from where you all live that the fire department has become THIS blog and to some extent The Standard Times.

Wrong doers and those who come close but don't cross the line between unethical behavior and breaking the law rarely are forthright about their transgressions until they are caught dead to rights. A lot of criminals get religion in prison and it serves them well when they come up for parole and hopefully when they're released.

Politicians, some in the news recently, suddenly set their moral compass straight when they are caught with their pants down.

There are truths yet to emerge about the players on the Wareham scene.

I understand that both sides have an agenda. I want to know whether the agenda of one is to cover their proverbial rear ends and the other is to reveal the truth. Is part of the agenda of most on this blog some kind of sour grapes? That seems to be what Mr. Slager suggests. Even if it is, bringing out the truth can take sour grapes and turn them into a fine wine.

Perhaps there are reasonable explanations for some of the allegations. Maybe there is something in the middle. However, in much of what I read described here there simply can't be a grey area. One side is telling the truth and the other is lying.

Thank goodness for blogs.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-07-11 18:35:34)

#28 2009-07-11 18:34:45

Unfortunately these truths have been very slow in emerging and that is frustrating.

#29 2009-07-11 18:44:09

Maplesprings Road Man wrote:

If a private citizen makes large contributions to a political campaign (as an example: Selectmen) and  benefit or try to benefit from a decision made by the Selectmen, does that constitute a violation of the Rico Act?

Let's just say someone on Maple Springs road made large contributions to a certain or a couple of Selectmen. In exchange. the Selectmen agree to NOT allow anyone to fix the road and to ensure that Maple Springs Road is closed to commercial traffic. I wonder if that would fall under the Rico act?

My understand, not as a lawyer but just from following cases and having some familiarity with lobbying at the state and federal level is that "pay for play" is very hard to prove.

Consider Rod Blagojevich. Sometimes a legal case can't be made but publicity and political pressure can be someone's undoing. The classic bribe, the quid pro quo (this for that) was refined to a wink and a nod ever since more aggressive prosecution of ethics law began...  and sometimes there's not eve a wink and nod.

Sometimes the money is given just on the hopes that when the payback time comes the favor will be granted. Sometimes a third party conveys the promise...

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-07-11 18:48:30)

#30 2009-07-11 21:07:57

CAN BRUCE AND BRENDA BY THERE FALSFIENG THERE LOAN DOCUMENTS AND GETTING LOANS FOR PERSONAL GAIN AND SAYING THEY WERE EMPLOYED BY THE TOWN  WHEN THEY WER NOT CAN THEY BE CHARGED ON THE RICO ACT ?

#31 2009-07-11 21:14:13

SOME PEOPLE THINK THERE ARE THE SELECTMANS AGENDA AND THE AGENDA OF THIS BLOG.  I SAY THEY HAVE AN AGENDA  OF BAD GOVERNANCE AND IN ALL MY LIFE I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY THING LIKE THIS, WHAT WE ARE DOING BY POSTING ON THIS LOG IS TO BRING BACK GOOD GOVERNANCE TO THIS TOWN ,AND BRING OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SELECTMAN , ITS BEEN HARD GETTING PEOPLE TO TAKE NOTICE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING IN WAREHAM BUT WE ARE FINALY GETTING THE TRUTH OUT.

#32 2009-07-11 21:19:09

SLAGLIAR WAS SUED WHEN HE WORKED FOR THE CNC AND WAS FIRED. THIS IS HOW SLAGLIAR USES THE WORD GAMES. I SAID THE COURIER BUT I DIDNT SAY THE COURIER'S PARENT COMPANY. OK SLAGER WHILE WORKING FOR THE CNC YOU WERE SUED (YOU WROTE ABOUT IT REMEMBER SAYING THAT YOU WOULDNT SETTLE AND THEY WERENT HAPPY) ITS IN BLACK AND WHITE IN YOUR PAPER! THAT LAWSUIT BECAUSE YOU WROTE WHAT YOU WROTE YOU WERE TERMINATED. JOURNALIST PRINT ALL NEWSWORTHY STORIES. THEY ARE NOT THE ONES WHO JUDGE WHAT WE SHOULD KNOW AND READ ABOUT. PRINT THE FACTUAL STORY AND LET THE READERS DECIDE. YOU CANT KEEP BRUCIES 181,000 DOLLARS IN BACK TAXES A SECRET BECAUSE YOU DECIDE THAT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ROLE AS SELECTMAN AND NOT PRINT IT LIKE YOU CHOSE NOT TO DO. THANK YOU STEVE URBON. ON THE OTHER HAND AN OFFICER WHO WAS DOING HIS JOB PULLS OVER AN UNINSURED MOTORIST, TOWS THE CAR, AND ISSUES A SUMMONS THAT STORY APPEARS EVERY FREAKIN WEEK. WHY DOES THE SAUVEGEAUS THINK THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW? AGAIN YOU PICK STORIES THAT LOOK IN A BAD LIGHT ABOUT THE CURRENT BOS AND YOU EITHER NOT PRINT IT OR DO A FLUFF JOB. LOOK AT YOUR EMPLOYEE ANA PAULINA. SHE ONE DAY PUTS ON A HOMELAND SECURITY OUTFIT AND TRIES TO TAKE OVER THE TOWN OF BOURNE AND THE NEXT WEEK SHE IS STEALING CARS. I THINK THATS A STORY BUT BECAUSE SHE IS AN EMPLOYEE YOU IGNORE IT. HER PICTURE IS STILL ON YOUR WEBSITE. IS THE LIGHT STILL ON FOR HER? PATHETIC!

#33 2009-07-12 07:58:03

ihateliz wrote:

CAN BRUCE AND BRENDA BY THERE FALSFIENG THERE LOAN DOCUMENTS AND GETTING LOANS FOR PERSONAL GAIN AND SAYING THEY WERE EMPLOYED BY THE TOWN  WHEN THEY WER NOT CAN THEY BE CHARGED ON THE RICO ACT ?

I don't think you have to get into a racketeering charge if this is true. There are probably fraud laws against falsifying loan documents. There may be additional laws against claiming you are a municipal employee when you aren't.

#34 2009-07-12 08:46:13

HOORAY  FOR AUDITS IS NONE OTHER THAN ONE BOB SLAGER , HE GAVE HIS IDENETY AWAY TO ME IN HIS LAST COLUMN  ESPECIALLY IN THE PART ABOUT TIM WISE BURG , SLAGER YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND NOW WE KNOW THAT HOORAY IS SLAGER,

#35 2009-07-12 09:09:16

I seriously doubt Tim W was cut off from this site for trying to come on here to explain whether the Ragman was paying him, as Ragman alleges.  Anyone can look through the list of usernames and see there's no username that matchs up with Tim W's name (assuming he would address the matter using his actual name and not a made up screename).

Anyway, everything I hear is that Tim W is a good and respectable person and nobody faults him for writing sports, which goes against Ragman's theory that we're out to get anyone that works for the Rag. 

Tim sells his articles to different papers and the rag was just one of them.   I've even seen him in the Boston Metro before, I think I saw him on a Comcast sports show before, and he's been on a Sci-Fi Channel TV show.  He's a credit to the community.  He's a good guy.

I'm sure if the Ragman wants him to clear up the pay issue, he could always ask him to write a letter to the editor to his newspaper or something.  But other than that, maybe we should all move on from this issue.  Who cares why he's not there.  Just be glad the Ragman is minus one more worker.

#36 2009-07-12 09:11:06

i'm sorry liz, but your wrong again. its a logical conclusion that if tim weisberg wasn't paid this site would have been a perfect opportunity to announce it to the world. and it he was paid and he tried to post, then no one here would want the truth to be known on this site. one other possibility is he doesn't care.

you assume people have no ability to analyze a situation.

i gave slager the benefit of the doubt. because if someone doesn't get paid that's a major complaint to the state and ALL OF YOU WOULD KNOW.

here's another piece of analytical skills

iliveinazoo wrote "oh and she has never been a good grant writer, all anyone had to do was check her references. Duh!"

ok, follow along with me.

if someone applies for a job with the town as a director. it would be expected that the selectmen would see their resume. right?

maybe one of their secretaries. right?

i was not aware that town employees resumes were public knowledge. where can i see yours?

so since only the people on the board and maybe a secretary, then someone in this group is spilling the beans.

and i don't think its the selectmen.

how is my reasoning, liz?

#37 2009-07-12 09:20:54

Ihateliz--please do not encourage ragboy. You keep saying you want him to go away and his paper to crash and burn. If you keep him engaged, he will keep writing about you. Notice that most of us are totally ignoring him. He thrives on attention like the little ragboy that he is. Please don't give it to him. Without us, he has nothing to write about that even his poor deluded followers will want to read.

Instead, let's focus on tangible things like loan documents. We can talk about it forever, but if the documents are real, they should be shared--with Steve Urbon and even here on this site. Whoever has those documents, can you get them up on this site? Words alone will not get rid of this bos. We must have proof.

The same goes for the laws that cover what they are doing on Maple Springs. Let's get copies of those laws and get them up here. I'm sure Bill will help us to get these things posted for all to see. If the 10 mph sign is illegal, why is it still up? Has DOT been notified?

And I keep hearing about the deck that was built without a permit. How can we prove that? Did he get fined? Why not if he didn't? 

Proof, evidence that is unimpeachable is what will win the day. Let's work together on this bloggers----our focus should be on the bos, not the worthless rag.

#38 2009-07-12 09:24:02

good morning molly, did you and liz enjoy the swan fest yesterday? it was a beautiful day for it. how was the book fair? hope it went well.

#39 2009-07-12 09:41:32

Good Morning Hooray!
Isn't it about time you tackled my post? I figured  you would jump all over mine, but instead you went after others.

You want to know why town employees "might" be spilling the beans? You ever work for a bad boss? You have heard of whistleblowers? They were afforded protection under federal law after retaliation was rampant. You remember that? If you do, then you would also realize that some of the actions of the Selectmen MAY fall under that federal law. :) Just another tidbit for you to digest.

I'm going to make this simple. Stop with the ignoring legitimate complaints and let us get to the meat. The agenda that has been set by the Selectmen and ITA has been one of weeding out employees that do not agree with them or have "done them wrong". That is retaliation. They are also using their infuence to "assist" private citizens in their personal battles. During this time, they have also demonstrated poor management skills, poor fiscal responsiblity, and (my favorite) disregard for the rules.

I am not an insider, and frankly this is not any fun. I would rather be thinking about all the fun things I had planned for today, but this has gone beyond being upset. There are many people involved, not just residents and taxpayers. Parties that have much more influence at the state and federal level have started the process of weighing in on the situation. That ONLY happens when there is a legitimate situation, not just disgruntled citizens or "hate bloggers" as you like to call the people at this site.

I honestly don't care about the local newspaper or it's editor. They are just a piece of what is wrong with this town. What comes out in that paper is nothing but editorial after editorial. There is no real news, so it's not relevant to any discussion.

I'll check back later today, but hope you really want to discuss issues.

#40 2009-07-12 09:47:40

Molly wrote:

Instead, let's focus on tangible things like loan documents. We can talk about it forever, but if the documents are real, they should be shared--with Steve Urbon and even here on this site. Whoever has those documents, can you get them up on this site? Words alone will not get rid of this bos. We must have proof.

The same goes for the laws that cover what they are doing on Maple Springs. Let's get copies of those laws and get them up here. I'm sure Bill will help us to get these things posted for all to see. If the 10 mph sign is illegal, why is it still up? Has DOT been notified?

Proof, evidence that is unimpeachable is what will win the day. Let's work together on this bloggers----our focus should be on the bos, not the worthless rag.

I agree Molly. Let's focus on the evidence. I believe Mr. Urbon has many documents in his possession and is currently sorting and validating the evidence. :)

There have been calls made to the DOT and, as with all government organizations, there is red tape and procedures. I'm not sure how many people are involved with the Maple Springs road issue, but I do know the calls were made.

I know of some additional evidence that is being worked through the state and federal organization. They take time with what has to be done and the procedures that are being followed.

Patience is a virtue, but it is very difficult during these trying times.

#41 2009-07-12 10:52:21

well molley the one who caught cronan puting a deck on his house without a permit was ted misiack building inpector , the selectman gave him a 5 day off with pay, you need to talk with him privatley , i am sure if he comes out with this info , his job would be in jeapardy                      the evidence about the reposition of slagers car is out there  with the name of bruce on it saying that he was employed by the town and i wish the indivudal with that info would post it here.    there is a wealth of info at the police dept about slagers run in with the law , alot of it preety schockig, i cant get it but it is out there for some one to get it, there is edevidence of  the bindas women donating to the brenda  campaibn some needs to get it.  bindas is keeping slager afloat , that info is harder to get,`    there is a corolation between bindas and the closeing of the maple spring road to commercial traffic and brenda . how to get this info out is difficult you need the da to investigate this town , because its smells like a rotting fish, or perhaps a ligimate reporter can investigate, we the bloggers have put leads as to what is happening in town but we need the big boys to come in and help us. for ex there is info oon brendas loan saying she was an employee of yhe town but you would have to get it from yhe bank.    i know for a fact that bruce voted for the swifts beach landtakeing and he brought it to the attention of the selectmen but you would have to get the da invoved and put the selectman under oath to get down to what the facts are, cronan had muncipal maintenance cut the grass at the little league field , a fact but you would have to get yhe muncipal maintenance director to come out with this info , i doupt it he was called a dirty rat by cronan  and i am sure he is afraid for his job,,,,,,, people are scared, and only the da or an investigative reporter can get this stuff out.

#42 2009-07-12 10:55:42

correction , i meant to say bruce and not slagerwith the info at the police dept.

#43 2009-07-12 11:04:20

the town acct was  fired il legaly and brend lied on the witness stand about him , he is sewing but this takes time.  yes brenda lied about the facts about bliss  the acct.

#44 2009-07-12 11:40:12

Will they be able to prove that Brenda lied?  Does the Accountant's case go to a regular court or does it go before some kind of administrative hearing?

#45 2009-07-12 11:54:39

ALL YOU HAD TO DO IS ATTEND THE TOWN ACCT FIRING. HIS LAWYER DID A WONDERFUL JOB. UNDER BRENDA'S DEPOSITION A SERIES OF QUESTIONS WERE ASKED. HE THEN PLAYED A VIDEO OF SELECTMANS MEETINGS IN WHICH THOSE SAME QUESTIONS WERE ASKED OF BRENDA. THE OUTCOME WAS A DIFFERENT AND COMPLETE OPPOSITE ANSWER BETWEEN THE ONES IN THE DEPOSITION AND THE ONES IN THE SELECTMANS MEETING. MAYBE BRENDA THOUGHT SHE WAS TALKING WITH SOMEONE ELSE DURING THE DEPOSITION

#46 2009-07-12 12:20:48

Maplesprings Road Man wrote:

I believe Mr. Urbon has many documents in his possession and is currently sorting and validating the evidence. :)

That groan you hear is Mr. Urbon struggling to surf the tsunami of documents washing ashore in New Bedford.

#47 2009-07-12 13:16:25

IHATESLAGER wrote:

UNDER BRENDA'S DEPOSITION A SERIES OF QUESTIONS WERE ASKED. HE THEN PLAYED A VIDEO OF SELECTMANS MEETINGS IN WHICH THOSE SAME QUESTIONS WERE ASKED OF BRENDA. THE OUTCOME WAS A DIFFERENT AND COMPLETE OPPOSITE ANSWER BETWEEN THE ONES IN THE DEPOSITION AND THE ONES IN THE SELECTMANS MEETING.

But don't you have to swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth in a deposition?

Do you really think any of our selectmen would lie during a deposition if they were sworn in to tell the truth and nothing but the truth? Especially if there was a tape of a meeting when they said differently? I'm aghast at the thought!

#48 2009-07-12 14:31:35

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE SLAGER LIED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENDED WHEN IT IS ON TAPE? NUMEROUS.

#49 2009-07-12 14:53:26

IHATESLAGER wrote:

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE SLAGER LIED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENDED WHEN IT IS ON TAPE? NUMEROUS.

Bobo's job, beginning to end, is damage control, or the printer doesn't get paid, there's an empty rack at the packy next week and all they have for sale are cocktail nuts.

Ahhh, Wareham.

#50 2009-07-12 16:06:07

CRONAN PROVED THAT HE IS A CROOK HE  IS A FELON CONVICTED OF STEALING   FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT ( HE STOLE CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS FROM  OTIS AIR FORCE BASE)  AND HE HASNT CHANGED HIS MIND SET   A DECK PUT ON HIS HOUSE WIYHOUT A PERMIT,FAVORS LIKE GETTING MUNCIPAL MAINTENCE TO CUT THE LITTLE LEAGUE GRASS HIS SON PLAYS FOR, A DECK ON HIS HOUSE WITHOUT A PERMIT. AND HAVEING LOCAL CONTRACTORS WORKING ON HIS HOUSE AND REFUSEING TO PAY THEM, WHAT A CROOK, AND UNETHICAL REMEMBER HIS DIRTY RAT STATMENT.

#51 2009-07-12 16:10:39

BRUCE BOUCED A CHECK IN BOSTON AND THERE WAS A WARRANT OUT FORHIS ARREST ON THIS CHARGE

Last edited by ihateliz (2009-07-12 16:42:05)

#52 2009-07-12 16:24:24

WILL BRENDA GO TO JAIL FOR TAKEING MONEY FOR HER POLITICAL   CAMPAIGNS  AND THEN DOING BINDAS WORK IN CLOSING DOWN MAPPLE SPRINGS ROAD  , ISNT THIS CASH FOR FAVORS . HEY ISNT THIS WHAT RON  BOY GO VITICH , THE FORMER GOV OF ILLONOIS  IS ACUSED OF SELLING INFLUENCE FOR MONEY.               AND DID NOT BRENDA KEEP A YOUNG MAN FROM GETING LAND HE BOUGHT AT TOWN AUCTION IN LITTLR HABOUR WHICH WAS ADVERTISED BY THE TOWN AS BUILDABLE AND A FREIND OF BRENDA WHO LIVED NEXT TO THIS PARCEL  DID NOT WANT A HOUSE BUILD ON THIS LAND NEXT TO HER AND GOT BRENDA TO LEAN ON THE BUILDING INSPECTOR AND HAVE IT CHANGED TO UNBUILDABLE , DID THIS LAD GET HIS MONEY BACK?

#53 2009-07-12 18:41:01

If you have a complaint, or even a suspicion of an ethics violation by a town official, this appears to be where you should file it: Massachusetts State Ethics Commission.

There seem to be several categories of "mischief" being discussed here. Of the top of my head here's what I come up with,  more or less in order of severity:

Illegal activities

Breaking state ethics laws

Skirting the letter of state ethics law but still betraying the public trust

Bad behavior that isn't necessarily illegal, like lying and misrepresenting yourself

Being obnoxious to the public and clients when part of your job (paid or unpaid) is being "nice"

Things that look bad but may have reasonable explanations (possibly like owing federal taxes while a dispute with the IRS is being resolved)

What have I left out?

#54 2009-07-12 20:08:37

I'm still waiting for Hooray to tackle my posts. I think he prefers to avoid my questions and statements. It takes two (or more people) to discuss topics. I've weighed in and wish you would render your opinion :)

#55 2009-07-12 20:42:48

"Isn't it about time you tackled my post?"

not really. i know very little of this issue. it is quite obvious you have a commercial stake in this.

who previously owned the land private homes are built on now? if it was the commercial entities and figured they make some money with the real estate booming  and figured the town would now maintain the road since taxpayers live on it and drive their overladen trucks up and down it, then no sympathies from me. if not, then explain.

like i said, i know little about it, but i do understand how some businesses like to operate. and i do know heavy commercial trucks are driving with an attitude i don't much care for. everyone pays a lot of money for excise tax, what do these heavy vehicles pay? i pay excise on my motorcycle, yet at 500lbs it causes practically no damage to the roads.

heavy commercial vehicles, like the ones that haul cranberrys cause far more damage to these backroads than their excise could ever pay for. ESPECIALLY during the winter with the frost. hence we suckers have to subsidize these companies.

you'll note, i said backroads. the interstates were built for this kind of heavy vehicles. not little two lane town roads. hell, the traffic in wareham in general has skyrocketed since the 70's.

"Parties that have much more influence at the state and federal level have started the process of weighing in on the situation. That ONLY happens when there is a legitimate situation,"

you know that is BS. cranberry growers are just another political lobby and goes to show that lobby's have more influence than us mere taxpayers. MONEY TALKS.

as far as selectmen and ita weeding people out they don't like. i know darn well all most every poster who works for the town, if put into a position of authority, who exercise a political purge that would make stalin proud.

#56 2009-07-12 20:59:31

urneighbor "Being obnoxious to the public and clients when part of your job (paid or unpaid) is being "nice" "

What do you think they would say about Brenda's outburst to Mrs P as she was leaving the BOS meeting 2 weeks ago?

What about Bruce murmuring 'Jesus' when he was too impatient to listen to the gentleman during citizens' participation?

What about Cronan making derogatory comments about Mr. Barrett during an open meeting?
What about Brenda complaining during an open meeting that 'that acting director' had turned on the heat?
Just a few, but I'm willing to bet there is something at each meeting that is questionable.
The maple springs road and the bindas fortune.

#57 2009-07-12 21:15:08

not really. i know very little of this issue. it is quite obvious you have a commercial stake in this.

Wrong assumption. I have no commercial stake in this.

who previously owned the land private homes are built on now? if it was the commercial entities and figured they make some money with the real estate booming  and figured the town would now maintain the road since taxpayers live on it and drive their overladen trucks up and down it, then no sympathies from me. if not, then explain.

Again, wrong. Both commercial entities that operate down the road have offerred to foot the bill for the engineering and repair of the road but were refused by the Selectmen and ITA.  Does it sound like they don't care? Try again.

like i said, i know little about it, but i do understand how some businesses like to operate. and i do know heavy commercial trucks are driving with an attitude i don't much care for. everyone pays a lot of money for excise tax, what do these heavy vehicles pay? i pay excise on my motorcycle, yet at 500lbs it causes practically no damage to the roads.

The drivers have been some of the best drivers on the road. They watch out for the children and drive slow. The owners have been responsive to any complaints about speed or driver attitude, so you are so far 0 for 3.

heavy commercial vehicles, like the ones that haul cranberrys cause far more damage to these backroads than their excise could ever pay for. ESPECIALLY during the winter with the frost. hence we suckers have to subsidize these companies.

Again, they offerred to pay for the re-engineering and repair of the road and were told NO.

"Parties that have much more influence at the state and federal level have started the process of weighing in on the situation. That ONLY happens when there is a legitimate situation,"
you know that is BS. cranberry growers are just another political lobby and goes to show that lobby's have more influence than us mere taxpayers. MONEY TALKS.

Wow, you went 0 for 4. As I have stated, I have no affiliation with the cranberry growers and am not part of any commercial stake in the road. This is more about private citizens standing up for what is right and not allowing Selectmen to avoid answering questions and operating on the fringes or outside the rules.

as far as selectmen and ita weeding people out they don't like. i know darn well all most every poster who works for the town, if put into a position of authority, who exercise a political purge that would make stalin proud.

What you THINK you might know and what is happening are two different things. You cannot explain what is happening by saying "everyone would do it". You don't know that for sure but you do know for sure that is happening now. I'm not sure what kind of people you associate with, but the people I associate with would not use their elected position to gain revenge. IF they did, they would deserve the same as the ones who are doing it now.

Nice try Hooray, but you struck out. Seriously, it must be difficult to defend what is happening with the Selectmen. I can see it in your reply.

#58 2009-07-13 08:03:23

Mixie,

I'd suggest they study this dictionary definition:

etiquette |ˈetikit; -ˌket|
noun
the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group.

Maybe they need to take a courtesy course, anger management... or just grow up!

#59 2009-07-13 16:06:38

"I'm still waiting for Hooray to tackle my posts. I think he prefers to avoid my questions and statements. It takes two (or more people) to discuss topics. I've weighed in and wish you would render your opinion :)"

ok, i gave you my opinion on this subject. i've stated twice i am not up on the subject.

you, on the other hand have given me "facts" which cannot be corroborated.

i have not weighed in on this subject cause i really don't care either way. you have made a crusade of it, which tells me one of three things.

1. you are a decas/chamberlain, tucy, makepiece

2. or you are a town employee (you know like the water, police or harbor masters ect...) with an axe to grind with the selectmen and using this topic as a "concerned citizen" to attack the selectmen without making your attacks look blatant and partisan.

3. or both

just like ihateliz....all she harps about is the library. don't take much brains to figure it out.

"The drivers have been some of the best drivers on the road. They watch out for the children and drive slow. The owners have been responsive to any complaints about speed or driver attitude, so you are so far 0 for 3."

i obviously know more people with CDL's than you. this really doesn't deserve a response for it's naivete.

"Again, they offerred to pay for the re-engineering and repair of the road and were told NO."

if the re-engineering requires the road to be torn up and re-layed. whats it like a million a mile? yea, there's more here than your telling. half a truth is still no truth at all.

"You cannot explain what is happening by saying "everyone would do it". You don't know that for sure but you do know for sure that is happening now. I'm not sure what kind of people you associate with, but the people I associate with would not use their elected position to gain revenge."

i have been told to f myself, screw off and leave and not come back by MANY on this site. no that's not a purge is it? god help me if they were my boss. and i can see them now thinking they would fire me in an instant.

good afternoon molly, did the mp make you feel better? hey if you have any buddies over at the friends groups, let them know to knock off the harassment and intimidation. there's more than a few who wish they would just collect their pensions and SSI and stop trying to be the puppet masters.

#60 2009-07-13 20:41:28

Hooray,
I'm none of the above, which makes you wrong, but I'm used to that. All my facts are just that, facts. I don't speculate, especially when it comes debates. The only thing I can speculate on is whether anyone else would act the same as the current Selectmen. That is because, we only know what is currently happening.

Let's just face facts, you have no idea who is who and what is what. What you do know is you are angry at the people you keep telling me I am. In a very real twist of fate, you are no different than anyone else on this board. You continue your campaign of hate and disruption, but you don't recognize a fact when you see one.

#61 2009-07-13 20:47:47

Now you know who I am, any more questions?

#62 2009-07-13 20:48:45

hooray is a super duper  asshole.

#63 2009-07-13 21:51:49

The real issue is that a 10 mph speed limit sign has been posted (and remains) illegaly, the road has been closed to commercial traffic illegally.

In the midst of the worst fiscal crisis anyone except my grandmother can remember our leaders have violated the law, twice, opening us up to expensive litigation which we cannot possibly win. That is the real issue with Maple Springs Road, it is a public road, it needs to be fixed, if ADM or Tucy are offering help, TAKE IT.

Let's keep to the issue, at a time when employees are being furloughed and let go, monies are being spent UNNECESSARILY on legal bills that simply following the LAW could have avoided. Anyone else outraged?

#64 2009-07-13 22:28:23

Cara Winslow wrote:

Let's keep to the issue, at a time when employees are being furloughed and let go, monies are being spent UNNECESSARILY on legal bills that simply following the LAW could have avoided. Anyone else outraged?

Let's not forget the very expensive audit.  I think if we don't keep bringing it up, it will be swept under the rug and bobo will keep pretending that there was scandalous and shocking information uncovered.  The tax payers deserve to know how their tax dollars were spent instead of providing needed services.  The employees have a right to have their good names restored.

#65 2009-07-14 07:08:37

WHEN WILL WE HERE THE RESULTS OF THE AUDITS, OR IF THERE WAS NOTHING TO REPORT ARE THE SELECTMAN GOING TO JUST SWEEP THIS UNDER THE RUG,WITH THIS COSTING AT LEAST 150 K .

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com