#1 2009-06-17 21:27:12

On 06/02/09, ihateliz wrote on the 'Selectmen admit to trying to find the bloggers in Executive Session' thread:  "... ALSO CRONAN JUST SAID ONLY 5 PEOPLE APPLIED FOR THE JOB OF TOWN ACCOUNTANT AND 2 SROPPED OUT ..."

And then, the minutes from the 06/09/09 BOS meeting (just made available today, 06/17/09) state: 

8. TOWN BUSINESS
". . .
Selectman Donahue asked Mr. Sanguinet for the status on hiring a Town
Planner and Town Accountant.  Mr. Sanguinet stated that he has spoken with
the candidate for the Town Accountant position and was working on some
requests that she had   . . ."

Now, if it is true that only five applications were received and two withdrew, leaving three applications, and now one candidate is being considered, then I know that at least one applicant was NEVER CONTACTED BY ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF THE TOWN OF WAREHAM!!!

Thus, your illustrious town leaders must have chosen to only consider two applicants, because they never contacted me and I know my application was in before the deadline because I hand delivered it to the Town Administrator's office!

If I were a current resident of Wareham I would gladly join your recall efforts.  But, since I reside in another town not too far away, I can only extend my moral support to an effort that is apparently sorely needed to get your town back on an even keel.

Best of luck and God speed!

*****NOTE to BillW:  I have worked as an auditor through corporate bankruptcy proceedings and city government going through a federal investigation - and I AM NOBODY'S 'PAID WHORE'!  Given the opportunity, I would have not only refused to hide under a rock, but conversely would have contributed to unearthing the truth and presenting it to the proper authorities for action.   Perhaps that came through loud and clear in my resume and that is why the current Wareham administration/BOS chose not to interview me.

p.s.  I will glady accept your belated apology. *****

#2 2009-06-17 21:47:35

Well that explains it Falcon. We do not hire anyone with qualifications or brains. But, thanks for thinking of us.

#3 2009-06-18 00:01:24

falcon wrote:

*****NOTE to BillW:  I have worked as an auditor through corporate bankruptcy proceedings and city government going through a federal investigation - and I AM NOBODY'S 'PAID WHORE'!  Given the opportunity, I would have not only refused to hide under a rock, but conversely would have contributed to unearthing the truth and presenting it to the proper authorities for action.   Perhaps that came through loud and clear in my resume and that is why the current Wareham administration/BOS chose not to interview me.

p.s.  I will glady accept your belated apology. *****

You got it. I could tell you there's no excuse for impugning the integrity of a dedicated professional, but there is. I've watched this happen elsewhere with the same detached committment to righting wrongs you embrace here. More times than I want to count. This different. This is my home. The emotion I feel for it will sometimes make me an unreliable witness. If you read through my rubbish this evening, you saw a grown man cry. Your mileage may vary.

#4 2009-06-18 00:05:04

Thank you for your acknowledgment.  I truly wish the best for you and the citizens of Wareham.  You are in an unfortunate set of circumstances.  God be with you.

#5 2009-07-21 22:38:12

Bump

#6 2009-07-21 22:55:55

falcon,
I'm suspecting that of the three left, you had the most qualifications and experience but this administration doesn't want to "pay for professionals".  So by settling for less, they can pay less.  They'll try to tell us at the next town meeting that they're saving us all kinds of money.  We'll get what we paid for.  We'll probably spend more to train and to educate.  I just hope we finally get the job done.
Best of luck to you as well.

#7 2009-07-22 21:03:10

I think the weasel, my nickname for the ITA, didn't want to hire anyone who is smarter then him. So he decided to hire someone without an degree in accounting. The problem is even someone with a high school education will eventually figure out how STUPID he is. I think he should have hired someone who didn't make it through elementary school, then maybe just maybe, he could have found someone who wouldn't figure out how stupid he is.

I don't know why he write all those qualificaions in his job postings if he really doesn't care if people are qualified. What's he going to do with the new library director. Maybe all you really need is a library card and he hire you as the new director. He is such a WEASEL he makes my skin crawl.

#8 2009-07-22 21:10:32

iI AGREE WITH YOU MANEY, AND HE MAKES MY SKIN CRAWL.

#9 2009-07-23 06:16:36

Marny, while I agree with your comment in principle, you cannot call the ita a weasel. While he does make the skin of a lot of people crawl, the name "weasel" already belongs to Jane Donahue. She earned that name many years ago and it would be difficult for us to determine who you were referring to if the ita was also a weasel. I am sure that those with more creativity than I can think of another name that will get the same point across.

#10 2009-07-23 07:06:16

how about a snake.

#11 2009-07-23 08:13:35

I think we should go with Snidely Whiplash. He looks a lot like him.

#12 2009-07-23 08:43:44

rukidding,

I'm sorry I used the name WEASEL in referring to the ITA. I didn't realize that name had already been taken. I am going to search the discovery channel website to come up with an animal with all the right characteristics.

ihateliz... Although a snake is perceived to be both slithery and slimy and some people think they don't have a backbone, all perfect qualities to describe our ITA. I think a snake is to aggresive to be used for the ITA. How about MEALY MOUSE?

Larry... I really like Snidely, but once again don't you think he to smart and to aggressive to describe the ITA

#13 2009-07-23 08:58:54

People seem to have been going with "Interim Butt Monkey."

I suppose if you don't like to be scandalous and say "butt," then how about Half-Beard?

#14 2009-07-23 19:44:32

Ball-less wonder.

#15 2009-07-24 08:41:04

Hamatron... Thank you for the info I love the name "Interim Butt Monkey".
iliveinazoo... Excellent name, I am really torn between the two names. I think one day I will use Interim Butt Monkey and the next Ball-less wonder. Thanks for all your help.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com