#2 2009-06-13 06:41:25

More tax dollars spent on legal bills that this BOS are responsible for. I hope someone is keeping tally:

Gricus legal bills
McAuliffe's buy out
Library legal bills
Computer audit costs
Westfield costs even though it was voted down twice at town meeting
Bliss legal bills
Street sign change legal bills disregarding the state's ruling
Makepeace legal bills? What happened to the cease and desist and the threat of legal action
Dare I say legal bills from people who have had their cars damaged on Maple Springs road?

I'm sure I've forgotten some, but I'm still on my first cup of coffee. This wasteful spending when we have laid off municipal maintenance workers, cut library staff hours in half, haven't hired a new town administrator etc. is outrageous.

#3 2009-06-13 09:57:47

Our town accountant is fired, and a few months later, we start hearing about a computer witch hunt, the source of revenue to pay for yet to be explained (I don't remember there being a Witch Hunt line item in the town meeting budget)  and now we hear rumors about money missing from the health care fund.  Things that, oh I don't know, a pesky town accountant might have raised an eyebrow or two about.

#4 2009-06-13 10:47:07

The truly amazing part is he wants his job back.

#5 2009-06-13 11:05:29

The suit was filed in  Plymouth Superior Court and names the Town, Sanguinet, and all selectmen as defendants.

Way to go BOS.

Do they even care how they spend tax dollars? We are drowning in debt here, and they are the cause of untold monies being wasted on things that could have been avoided. The cockiness of these people amazes me. They think they don't have to answer to anyone.

Well, get ready BOS, you'll be having your Tuesday nights free here before too long.

#6 2009-06-13 11:13:24

It is too bad the selectmen can not be sued personally.  I wonder, can they be charged criminally?

#7 2009-06-13 11:15:53

While I understand the town paying to defend the town, I do have a question. If the suit names the selectidiots and Sanguinet, do we have to spend tax dollars to defend each of them? This was obviously a politically motivated move on the part of the selectidiots and their puppet Sanguinet. Why do we have to spend precious tax dollars to defend their vendetta?

#8 2009-06-13 11:22:20

I agree with you. But the town--we the taxpayers--are already paying for the legal case against the library trustees which is also based on a personal vendetta.  The Makepeace and Tucy cases are personal vendettas. Everything they did against the chief was based on personal vendettas. This is getting to sound like a broken record. Talk about vindictive behavior.

And by the way, to my knowledge, selectmen can be sued personally. Anyone know for sure?

#9 2009-06-13 12:12:02

THEY CAN BE SUED PERSONALLY HOWEVER THEY ARGUE THAT THEY WERE ACTING UNDER THE TOWNS AUTHORITY AND K&P HAVE TO REPRESENT THEM ON OUR DIME. YOU WOULD HAVE TO PROVE THAT THEY WERE ACTING OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THEIR DUTIES.

#10 2009-06-13 14:20:49

Yes, they can be sued personally and the town's INSURANCE will defend the case, no need for K & P. I think this latest case brings them up to three or four that they have been sued personally for.

I don't think it will be too difficult to prove they acted outside the scope of their duties. They are a policy setting board, obviously the did not get that memo (or read the charter).

I wonder when they do get thrown out if the town can recoup the money we have spent on their legal problems......

#11 2009-06-13 15:50:22

billw wrote:

The truly amazing part is he wants his job back.

That's probably advice from his lawyer to set the damages.  Perhaps he's expecting a new BOS by the time the case is adjudicated.

#12 2009-06-13 15:56:23

We're looking into a criminal lawsuit  - personal -regarding destruction of Certified mail addressed to a Town Official, Extortion and a few other potential charges... Is there a GOOD lawyer in the house

#13 2009-06-13 17:17:38

I think most everyone uses the same one, name is Phil Beauregard, not sure on the spelling.

#14 2009-06-13 19:43:03

I am sure there will be several more lawsuits coming from the other employees that were terminated or pushed out for personal and political reasons.  I know of two for sure that are already in the works.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com