#1 2009-06-05 08:00:28

I was shown a newspaper article by a friend about the developments in your own and I felt compelled to drop you all a little note. I'm not from Wareham, but maybe that gives me a fresh perspective or a way to see "The Big Picture".

If everyone takes a step back and looks at everything that has happened over the past couple years and then does a little math, maybe your perspective will change. Nothing new is happening in your town that hasn't happened in dozens of towns before, but why is it happening?

The current administration has:
Fired the Town Administrator
Fired the Town Accountant
Forced the Police Chief to quit
Issued a Gag Order on all town employees
Seized all the information in town
Spent thousands on legal defenses on seemingly insignificant issues

I've probably missed a couple things, but I'm new, sorry.

As they say, what do all these things have in common? As many of you have pointed out, the Selectmen want to be in complete control or are power hungry, maybe. I think if you take another step back you will see the even bigger picture. Everyone wants to steer the ship, but when it is sinking rats flee they don't fight for control.

No one really feels compelled grasp for power that much, no one would hang themselves out to such legal whiplash at such low salaries while the public lights torches at the doors, no one.

Why would anyone need to control, and yes I mean NEED to control, the media, the record keeping, and the law enforcement in such a strong handed way as to cut off the heads of each?

Until your town gets someone who can really analyze where the money is going your ship is going to keep sinking, that way the town's "bankruptcy" can cover up the real issue. It's not like you have anyone in power that has any financial problems or issues, right.

Closing thoughts:
-Kudos to the Selectmen for finding such a dupe in that local newspaper, nice play.
-The Selectmen do not "manage" any elected departments or the data and information those departments govern, kind of a rookie mistake there if those departments file complaints with the Attorney General.
-Executive Sessions require that minutes be taken, and once the intent of those meetings has been fulfilled, the minutes become public record. If you want to know what they are hiding, ask why they are going into executive session, ask in writing for the minutes to the executive session, and if you don't get them ask the District Attorney for help. Pay attention to votes that never show up in the minutes.
-In the end you will find that two of the Selectmen are guilty, one is asleep, one doesn't recall, and one, "wanted to do something but feared reprisal."

Good luck, you'll need it.

#2 2009-06-05 10:10:32

Interesting take on the computer audit. In fact, after a brief discussion yesterday, is it true that the BOS have laptops issued by the town? If so, should they not be subjected to the same audit as the town computers? If they are used for town business, the information should be reviewed under the same criteria.

#3 2009-06-05 12:39:11

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN LAPTOPS ISUUED TO SELECTMAN , SLAGER USED TO USE THE LIBRARY COMPUTOR, BUT WHEN HE WAS TIMED OUT HE SWORE AT THE LADY WHO WANTED TO USE THE COMPUTOR, SWORE AT THE REFFERECE LIBRIAN AND THE HEAD LIBRIAN, THEN HE USED THE TOWN ACCOUNT TO GET THE TOWN DISCTO BUY A LAP TOP FOR HIMSELF BUT DID NOT PAY THE BILL AND DELL KEPT SENDING THE TOWN DUNNING LETTERS , AFTER A YEAR HE RETURNED THE COMPUTOR TO THE TOWN EVEN THOUGH THE TOWN DID NOT BUY THE COMPUTOR, YOU SEE HE WAS TRYING TO GET A FREE COMPUTOR FROM THE TOWN BUT IT DID NOT WORK PEOPLE KEPT AFTER HIM TO GET THE MONEY.   HE HAS A POLICE RECORD A MILE LONG WITH OVER 2 DZ COMPLAINTS AGAINST HIM.            THIS GUY IS A THIEF.    I AM SORRY IT WAS BRUCE AND NOT SLAGER IN THIS CASE

Last edited by ihateliz (2009-06-05 14:19:33)

#4 2009-06-05 12:52:11

I think you mean Bruce, not Slager.

#5 2009-06-05 14:16:33

YES SORRY I MEANT BRUCE AND NOT SLAGER.

#6 2009-06-05 17:20:55

Some departments in the Town Hall had laptops, for sure. A delay in getting to these machines might foster an opening for mischief. It would be way to taxing to chase these machines to the users' homes on the day it all started.
Who knows? perhaps these particular machines contained data which would compromise the instigators of such a search, as well as their sycophants in the press and the Town Hall.

the silent meassage: purge, purge, purge.

No, no  -  not with Metamucil........  Altho, there is so much BS.....

#7 2009-06-05 20:25:26

You all might be interested to know that Brenda Eckstrom does not accept e-mail on her town account, only her personal account, good luck getting copies of that!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com