#1 2009-05-28 15:46:48

I’m going to clue you in a few things that will be coming down in the next few weeks/months. I can assure you, the Board of Selectmen and the town of Wareham will be impacted.

As stated above, this is a debacle. I sympathize with the residents of the Maple Springs –Makepeace subdivision, but let’s face some facts. When you a buy property that is surrounded by Cranberry bogs, you can assume there is going to be agricultural work going on. That includes the hauling of sand and rocks in the creation and maintenance of bogs. If you don’t realize that, you are not doing your research and certainly can’t complain that you didn’t know about it. I'll say it again, YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY CRANBERRY BOGS!

I am of the understanding that Makepeace and Tucy have offered to fix the road, but that was rejected by the BOS. If that is the case, it certainly is not going to help their case. I can speak from personal experience, that both companies have made a great effort to appease the home owners that live in Maple Springs Road. They alert us when there is going to be any type of activity (spraying, picking, etc)  and stop by occasionally to check up on the trucks and their speed. They try to work with the people who try to work with them.

I have information about a lawsuit that involves a Maple Springs Road resident, the BOS, and the Town of Wareham. According to the legal team, this case will incur expenses and embarrasment for the town of Wareham. Yet again, another poor decision.

Once again, I will lay out the simplified version of what should happen and what could happen. Fix the road, it’s plain and simple. This will alleviate some of the noise and limit the pounding of going over potholes. I would also explain to the complainers that if they continue with this course of action, they stand a real chance of being surrounded by apartments. It will increase the traffic on Maple Springs road many times over. They will also complain about that, so tell me what their fight is actually about?

I’ve done enough research to discover that litigation and upheaval seem to follow a couple of the main instigators. This isn't their first time causing problems. Do you really want to toss your hat in with people that will eventually cost the town a tremendous amount of money and most likely will cost the BOS their jobs?

If you take a poll of ALL residents of Maple Springs Road, you will find that the detractors are the minority. Yes, the road damage is great at the end of the road, but it's simple, FIX THE ROAD!

Changing the speed limit to 10 mph (after the crazy fight over getting the speed limit changed to 25mph), is another sign the BOS has lost their mind. They didn't do it for the residents or the safety of the children living in the area, they did it to limit their liablity. The amount of legal expenses from this exercise in stupidity could have paid for fixing the road.

I've been in management for over 20 years and I have never seen such poor decisions. This needs to stop and stop now!

I don't understand how this can continue to spiral out of control?

Last edited by Maplesprings Road Man (2009-05-28 15:49:05)

#2 2009-05-29 11:30:15

Looks like we aren't in Kansas anymore Toto!!

#3 2009-05-29 11:48:05

I just finished the article on Wicked Local about the decision to change the speed limit. Does it bother anyone that you build a high end subdivision over marshy land, you complain about it "settling", and you blame it on trucks? I will agree the road needs to be engineered properly and fixed, but what will those people complain about then?

#4 2009-06-01 09:52:39

This morning at approximately 6:45am trucks were staging just outside the neighborhood in an appropriate manner. A burgundy Jimmy or Blazer was leaving the neighborhood in front of me and immediately stopped across from the trucks. They did not pull over, they blocked traffic in order to take pictures of the trucks and drivers. I find this not only to be harrassment, but to stop dead in the middle of the road to take the picture should be a traffic violation.

The ongoing nonsense has become too much. The trucks and drivers were doing nothing illegal and were not entering the neighborhood before the time permitted. If you are going to stop and take pictures, kindly move to the side of the road and allow other traffic to pass. If you think committing a traffic violation in order to prove a point is a good idea, then it speaks volumes about character.

#5 2009-06-01 10:13:05

I thought they were issued an order forbidding them to travel on Maple Springs Road?  has this been changed?

#6 2009-06-01 10:49:27

They were staged just outside the neighborhood this morning. Perhaps someone got an injunction? At any rate, the harrassment of the truck drivers AND stopping traffic is clearly not the way to develop support of your issue. I find the whole approach unacceptable. I will be making a call to the PD. If you are so worried about the safety of others, which has been one of their issues, then why create a potential unsafe situation?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com