#1 2009-05-18 12:45:41

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 7:00pm - BOS Agenda

1.    CALL TO ORDER BY CHAIRMAN
2.    ROLL CALL
3.    CITIZENS PARTICIPATION
4.    ANNOUNCEMENT
5.    CONSENT AGENDA
a.    Authorization to sign bills and documents, etc.
b.    Approval of minutes:  April 9, 2009 (special); April 28, 2009 (special) & April 14, 2009 (executive).

Do any of these cretins doubt for a second the first executive session after they get bounced from office will discuss them under the heading of, "Dangerous Persons"?

c.    Reappointments to:  Bike Path Committee, CEDA, Cemetery Commissioner, Constables and Tremont Nail Committee
6.    LICENSES & PERMITS
a.    7:15 P.M. Hearing - on the application from DJ Sullivan LLC d/b/a Sullivan Wine & Spirits, Joel Sullivan, Manager, 260 Marion Road, Wareham, MA for alteration of premises of an existing Year Round Retail Package Goods Store All Alcoholic Beverages License under the provisions of Chapter 138 of the Massachusetts General Laws for 2009.
b.    Approve request for the use of town roads for the Cape Cod Getaway MS Bike Tour annual fundraiser for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society June 27, 2009.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/roadrage.jpg

Does Wareham get -ANYTHING- out these spandexed fuckwits? I mean, besides hour after hour of additional weekend traffic congestion?

7.    TOWN ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
8.    TOWN BUSINESS
a.    Any other town business.
9.    SEWER BUSINESS
a.    Any sewer business

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#2 2009-05-18 17:42:20

The MS bike tour is for a great cause. If you can't ride in it or donate,at least try to put up with them.
   And I don't get why they wear the spandex.....

#3 2009-05-18 18:15:43

big john wrote:

The MS bike tour is for a great cause. If you can't ride in it or donate,at least try to put up with them.

Wareham is not a bicycle friendly town. Why risk the ridicule and liability of  hosting in transit out-of-towners, only anxious to get elsewhere?

big john wrote:

And I don't get why they wear the spandex.....

Yeah, that's not how I roll, either but I am an authority on the subject. Forced to share my second birthday with my snotnose little brother on High Street, I was apprehended on my tricycle half a block from Pinehurst. I've pedaled all over creation since.

This is still a beautiful town to bicycle but anymore, only at night. Don't believe me? Try walking from the end of Gibbs Ave to the police station and imagine yourself on a bike.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com