#1 2009-04-07 21:19:58

Jeb

I hope everyone voted today.

Anyone have a prediction for the outcome of the Selectman’s race?

Myself, I’d say Cruz by a good margin.
Based on his age and residency.

#2 2009-04-07 21:25:29

TBL

I voted for Winslow. But if Cruz won then I wish nothing but the best for him and I truly hope that he has the guts to stand up to the self-important bullys that currently occupy the board of selectmen. I doubt it though, seeing as how he is obviously the selectmen's candidate of choice.

Last edited by TBL (2009-04-07 21:28:11)

#3 2009-04-07 21:27:38

Based on voter apathy and Donahue Nursing Home sightings, I think your count may be a good one for this election; but it does not represent what the real working people and taxpayers want in Wareham. 15% is a sham and it will be beat and all those assholes will be put out of office in the future.

#4 2009-04-07 21:31:07

TBL

Yes voter appathy and not being informed is a big problem. But it still won't stop the ragman from printing some stupid "news" article about the choir singing and the voice of the people being heard.

#5 2009-04-07 21:36:36

Updated on the Courier site, Cruz has taken the selectmens race.  I wish him the best of luck and please bring something positive to this town!

#6 2009-04-07 21:38:01

jeb slager you bug me and tbl i dont expect anything fro m cruzz the hand picked canditate of the donahues .

#7 2009-04-07 21:42:45

Jeb

wag the dog wrote:

15% is a sham

15% is not a good sign.. From all the grumbling I've been hearing
for the past year alone, if half of those that complain actually voted, the voter turnout would be upwards of 25% or better. Still not great but a bit better.

#8 2009-04-07 22:04:52

The Ragman wins on Monday.  Cruz wins on Tuesday.  The Ragman's ego will now grow to gargantuan proportions.  His head will have its own gravitational pull.

#9 2009-04-07 22:54:07

TBL

The ragman already has his Cruz wins article up on his website and it will come as no surprise to anyone that he mentions Cape Verdeans in the first sentence of the article. Slager wrote "The Cape Verdean community is partying in Onset tonight." So was this campaign about race or was it about the best person for the job? What about Cape Verdeans that voted for Winslow? Does the ragman think he is really the spokesman for Cape Verdeans? That guy is so full of himself.

Last edited by TBL (2009-04-07 22:54:45)

#10 2009-04-07 23:00:33

TBL wrote:

Does the ragman think he is really the spokesman for Cape Verdeans?

That he does.  So much so in fact that he lambasted Rene Fernandes Abbott, a former selectwoman, (who is a Cape Verdean), implying essentially that she wasn't "being a good Cape Verdean," as if they should all think a certain way and he knows better than she does.

It really is depressing.  Anyone who's been through the Wareham Public school system, been raised in this community, lived a long time here develops a good sense of diversity and everyone getting along and respecting one another.  And he's doing everything he can to destroy that and turn people against each other.  He truly has race baiting down to a science.

You know it's funny, up until candidate's night, there wasn't one mention in the press that Cruz had been a construction superintendent, that he was a dog trainer, or any other qualifications.  They were impressive credentials, but all the Ragman did for months was shout "he's a Cape Verdean!  He's a Cape Verdean!"

All I know is, the minute Cruz disagrees with Bruce, Ragman will turn on him in a blink of an eye.  He's all for Cape Verdean represenation...until the Cape Verdean disagrees with Bruce.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-04-07 23:11:10)

#11 2009-04-07 23:05:31

At least that crazy religious zealot wackjob tanked on her school committee bid though.  Where was Jesus when you needed him baby???!!! BAHH HA HA HA!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-04-07 23:06:05)

#12 2009-04-07 23:08:51

Is anyone really that surprised with this outcome??..The Donahues, the Democratic Town Committee, and the Cape Verdean community  got out the vote..

#13 2009-04-08 00:35:55

SlagisDB:
Cara Ann Winslow never stood a chance and she is a moron for even making an attempt to run against a CV Donahue candidate. Kudos to her for effort but she was done before she even got started.
CAW does not have a state run kitty litter box liner to state her case, the guy admits he never even attempted to contact her. Did he think she would contact him. She told someone on this blog she didn't even know about the questions he asked. A clear indication that she doesn't read his litter liner. He has a point though, she should read his litter liner, then she would know exactly why she should have stayed home with her kid.
With all that off my chest. I voted for her because she could actually construct a full sentence. If anyone in this town thinks for a single second that Cruz is not just putty in the hands of the Donahue's (who are way smarter than he could ever hope to be) then they are as much of a moron as CAW.
CAW lost by less than 250 votes to a man who thinks everything should go to committees stacked with the same 12 people.
Seriously Cara Ann Winslow, why would you think you could compete with that here in the Ham? You were a loser before you got your first signature. Contrary to what the rag will say you lost because the BOS has something to hide, make that plural, and they weren't about to allow some smarty pants little girl like you get in the way.
If you read this don't think I am being hard on you. I voted for you. Keep doing good things other places. Because this place will never appreciate you.
Note on the rags updated site, he was at the party, as were Jane, John, Bruce and Cronin.

#14 2009-04-08 06:48:16

Zoo, you give the Donahues far too much credit in the smartness dpartment!!..granted, they got the Cape Verdean businessman elected, but not being able to hold a job other than Moderator (another publicity contest) is a sure sign of a lack of intelligence!!..it's really too bad that so much apathy exists in this town concerning our elected officials..

#15 2009-04-08 06:56:38

i-zoo,
  Ok, you're disappointed.  Don't take it out on Cara Winslow.  If no one had stepped up to run, we would all be complaining about that.  Cudos to her for her campaign and for coming so close --especially as a relative newcomer.  She would have been a great selectman, and I hope she will consider a bid in the future.   The town needs elected officials like her!  For all that's at stake, it was a poor turnout, for both sides.  People are sick of all this and have turned away.

#16 2009-04-08 07:02:03

Keep in mind that their first choice was the wacko Maple Springs complainer.  When it came out that she was a rag advertiser, thus limiting the Ragman in his ability to spin bullshit (though I'm surprised he didn't rise to the challenge), they had to go for someone more respectable and I'm sure that was very disappointing to them.

#17 2009-04-08 07:07:25

SlagisDB:
They got a man elected who will be their puppet. A man who broke his only campaign promise just weeks into the election when he refused to participate in the Bitter Wareham debates. How does that qualify listening to all sides?
That John Donahue can't hold a job speaks to his unwillingness to play by the rules. He didn't play by the rules as an Assessor, he doesn't play by the rules as Moderator, and as the Chairman of the TDC he has shown that he doesn't have to play by election rules either.
I hear a rumor that poll workers had Cruz pins on? Vehicles with Cruz (and others on their CV slate) were parked within the 150 mark. Where is Cruz "honesty and intergrity"? To me that seems like more of the same crap, lie, cheat, steal so long as you get the CV puppet in the end.
Have all these idiots forgotten that seperating themselves from the community at large is exactly what most races complain about? I think that growing up here I don't ever remember a race issue, now all of a sudden after a few years of the whole town being slagerized we have race problems.
If I had a Crystal Ball I would predict that a year from now we have a 10 hour a week library, municipal maintenance is sold out to the highest bidder, our legal bills will reach close to a million bucks and we will be in receivership.
I have zero hope for this place. The Ham is heading downhill at breakneck speed. Pack your bags and run while you can.

#18 2009-04-08 07:08:04

Brucey as quoted in the Rag:

"I think Mr. Cruz will be a tremendous asset to this board and I know we will receive him warmly. I look forward to working with him personally and I will make every effort to help him in the learning curve of being a new selectman."

Cruz, you're new to this, so let me translate "Brucespeak" for you.  What he meant was:

"Cruz had better be a rubber stamp for me and my pals and look the other way while we do whatever the hell we want.  If not, we'll get the Ragman to run him out of town on a rail.  And he'll do it because he does whatever I do when I snap my fingers."

That's a pretty accurate translation from an expert in translating Brucespeak.  (P.S. Bruce you never did figure out the learning curve)

#19 2009-04-08 08:12:24

im sure mr cruz has every intention of being fair and judicial when listening to the issues.  I am sure he is no dummy either although the donahue war machine had little faith in thier own candidate.  However I really feel that we missed the boat on Wiinslow.  She had an intimate knowledge of how municipalities are run, how their finances are managed and allocated and seemed to have a respect for town services.  Why did we forgo that as a town.  I have my own opinions about that  but i guess it is a moot point now.

good luck to mr cruz  hell soon see where the real problems lie in this town.  remember this guy worked for a living .  maybe hell see these
political hacks for what they are

#20 2009-04-08 11:42:22

two other people pulled out pappers to nrun for selectmen  de felice and a busineemen named na -zi   they pulled out to let her run.   the next canditate to take on these people has to be ruthless , a person with deep pockets and name reconigtion.  they need not to run as a teem in the last election and not be affliated with any orginazation as in this election. and they need to start running now.  people like mr decas, claire smith,need to throw in thair hats into the race now for the good of wareham.  some town employees need to consider a run before they kill us all with their crap.

#21 2009-04-08 11:47:49

how about a cop for selectmen , i can think of a few who are articalate and have name reconization.

#22 2009-04-08 12:01:41

Honestly, would anyone reallywant to sit between Bruce and Brenda?..or for that matter, have to lookat and listen to Jane for two hours a week!!

#23 2009-04-08 12:40:30

ihateliz:
What people should think of is who will run for mayor.

#24 2009-04-08 15:38:48

TOOTSIE RUSSELL,JOHN DONAHUE ,JANE DONAHUE . BRUCE SAVENUE,BROCTON BRENDA WE HAVE A LOT OF CANDITATES JUMPING AT THE CHANCE TO RUN. PACEIVITCH WIFE WHO IS ALWAYS SHILLING FOR THE SELECTMAN AT TOWN MEETINGS WAS BROUGHT IN BY BRUCE SAYING THE SELECTMEN NEED PROTECTION FROM CAMERA MAN. I HAVE AN IDEA LOCK  ALL THE SELECTMEN UP IN DOG CAGES THAT WAY WHEN BILL TAKES THEIR PICTURES NEXT TIME HE WILL HAVE PICTURES OF MANGEY DOGS ,THUS WILL PROTECT THESE NUTS HAVING THEIR PICTURES ON THIS WEBSITE.           MAYOR TOTTSIE  THAT HAS A RING TO IT, HE WOULD HAVE TO QUIT HIS JOB AS BARNIE FRANKS PERSONAL VALET.  CHOICES TOOTSIE.

#25 2009-04-08 16:32:30

I did not want to chime in on your little party here but in reference to the above statement that a cop should run for office and that some are articulate, i swear  tea came out of my nose i laughed so hard.

They are about as articulate as the blogger aboves  spelling of it.  Im not saying they are not good people and do a lot of good but lets face it they are not official material.  They are more like abused dogs that still heel no matter how many times you kick the pathetic mutts.  I honestly cant believe they even bother.

I think there is a good compromise in all of this .  The winslow woman does appear to have a great of knowledge  dealing with town government and budgets, while the public felt that mr. cruz would be more fair and impartial.  It's very simple just make her the new Town Administrator.  We would benefit from her expertise and the board would not have to hand hold the Town Administer as they have to now, an then the board would have the time to concentrate on what they are elected to do.  the system can work we just have to get along

Don't you people want compromise and harmony.  I say we can have it both ways.  Unless you cheuvanists think a woman is  unable to do the job

Last edited by Queen of Wareham (2009-04-08 16:33:17)

#26 2009-04-08 17:03:45

Queen I think Winslow has a job. With our track record I doubt someone like her would give up secure employment.
15% of the public felt the need to cast a vote, the other 85% doesn't care anymore.
Wareham lost a great opportunity, but the numbers show that Cruz prevailed by 1% of the vote. I don't think there is much to compromise. We have ourselves a divided town. Neither candidate contributed to that.
I hold the Donahue's responsible for that. And the rag is their soap box.
I am all for compromise but until those two people stop abusing their power it isn't possible.
Queen I hope you keep a close eye on a few things over the coming weeks, and an open mind. Even K&P won't represent this BOS. It's as bad as it gets.

#27 2009-04-08 18:10:09

there have been 3 town employees that have been  been selectmen and have done a very good job, they h  ave been  mary jane pillsbury , a cop that escapes my mind , and dennis damata and they know the inner workings of town gov. i think there are a few cops who could  do  a good job as selectmen.    just compare  to what we got now.

Last edited by ihateliz (2009-04-09 08:47:56)

#28 2009-04-08 18:40:25

Jeb

ihateliz wrote:

TOOTSIE RUSSELL, (snip) CHOICES TOOTSIE.

Give it a rest. Out of respect, let the guy alone. Just lost his wife.

#29 2009-04-08 22:19:56

ihateliz wrote:

there have been 3 town employees that have been  been selectmen and have done a very good job, they h  ave been  mary jane pillsbury , a cop that escapes my mind , and dennis damata and they know the inner workings of town gov. i think there are a few cops who could  do  a good job as selectmen.    just compare  to what we got now. one who could do a good job is herbert noble .

Oh I can't think of his name either.  I think it began with an S, but didn't he or his fathr live down on route 6.  Either the son or the father died young of a heart attack.

#30 2009-04-08 22:22:41

His name was Wayne Sylvester. Still alive and well.

#31 2009-04-08 22:24:59

Wayne Sylvester, father was Norman, both good guys and good cops...hell, we could use a good guy like that back on the board if he ever felt up to another run.

#32 2009-04-08 22:25:31

You beat me Common

#33 2009-04-08 23:40:23

TBL

I believe town employees are now prohibited from also holding an elected position such as a selectman. So that would prevent any police officers from running for selectmen.

Queen of Wareham,

What an ignorant comment you made above. You apparently believe that police officers are just jack-booted thugs and their job only requires brawn and no brains. I'm not going to list all of the reasons you are wrong because I feel it would be a waste of time with some snooty, know it all (at least in her own mind).

I will agree with you about your comparison of police officers to abused dogs. They are kicked around alot. They are kicked around by liberal judges tossing out solid charges and good evidence, they are kicked around by Monday Morning Quarterbacks who have never spent time in a cruiser, (well except maybe some time riding in the back seat), and they are kicked around in the press by reporters who love to sensationalize stories. I too can't believe the police even bother. But after a few years into their career the majority become jaded and disillusion at how screwed up the reality of modern day law enforcement is and they do the absolute minimum that is required of them.

Wareham citizens and town officials have done a lot of dog kicking in recent months. So don't be surprised at the lack of motivation from your dogs.

#34 2009-04-09 07:27:37

not true their is no law that prohibits town employees from running for office and i will stand behind that, check it out ,but not with this town clerk and i forgot abouy wayne who did a good job but their was another cop who also served who moved to florida  ,so their was 3 cops and a librain who served as selectman  and it still can be done,you cant get paid for the job but their is no pay any way

Last edited by ihateliz (2009-04-09 08:47:28)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com