#1 2009-04-04 20:38:30

Ragman included you in the rag....he seems to include you quite often, doesn't he?  No mention though, of bruce's obscene gesture: 

Local resident Bill Whitehouse caused a bit of a stir when he began taking photographs with a flash bulb of Interim Town Administrator John Sanguinet and several selectmen during the meeting. Selectmen Bruce Sauvageau muttered "jerk" loud enough for an audience member to hear, and then respond in the affirmative. Whitehouse, who publishes his own web site, then pretended to take pictures of several audience members. Whitehouse got into a verbal altercation with the husband of the town clerk before leaving without further incident.

#2 2009-04-04 22:03:12

See what I mean when I say kindness is weakness to these people?

#3 2009-04-04 22:22:37

The Town Clerk and her beast of a husband are losers.  Someone told me they attend every selectmen meeting?  They mustn't have lives.  Other than keeping their drugged-up criminally insane kids out of prison - oh wait, isn't one in prison?  They should be ashamed!  Idiots!!!  And she looks like a monkey!  Fugly bitch!  Fugly little monkey-looking bitch.

#4 2009-04-04 23:30:16

What's he talking about?  It was loud enough to be heard all the way in Buzzards Bay.

#5 2009-04-05 09:46:52

HER SON KILLED SOMEONE OVER A LOTTERY TICKET!

#6 2009-04-05 10:02:22

That's not the first time lottery ticket related violence has occured in this town. 

PUBLIC SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT - If you ever scratch off 3 cherries in a row anywhere within the Wareham limits, just keep it to yourself.

#7 2009-04-05 11:37:42

can you blame them, ...................... Hey we will give you a nine thousand dollar raise when everyone else in town is out of contract and we are broke.  All you have to do is go to every meeting and cackle like a mindless fool.  Hey and if you bring your husband to strongarm old photographers (sorry bill), we will throw in $3000 worth of typewriters.  So what if everyone else can figure out how to do stuff on WORD you just keep typing away on these obselete $3000 machines .

#8 2009-04-05 15:35:08

mary ann silva also has a humongus butt .

#9 2009-04-06 17:14:55

TBL

WhmWench, I think your comment goes too far. You may not have intended to make a racist comment but I can see how someone would take it that way.

#10 2009-04-06 18:45:33

WHEN RAGMAN DOESNT GET HIS WAY AT TOWN MEETING HE STATES THAT THE SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS "PACKED" THE MEETING. WHEN HE GETS HIS WAY IT IS CALLED "DEMOCRACY"

#11 2009-04-06 19:09:41

Yup!  He has the twisting of information and the distortion of the facts down to a science.  And when he is not doing that, he's spending his sunny sundays repeatedly posting on a site other than his own defending his buddy brucie.

Last edited by Sam79 (2009-04-06 19:11:30)

#12 2009-04-06 19:46:04

TBL I agree,  WhmWench the comment posted should be edited or removed.

#13 2009-04-06 20:06:09

Just throwing out a possible conspiracy theory, but could it be possible that Wareham Wench is a plant, someone on the bad side coming on here pretending to be one of us and saying naughty things to make us look bad?  I just ask because she hasn't seem to have said much of anything since posting that comment in question.  The Rag column went up shortly thereafter.

Just throwing it out there, but who knows for sure. 

Either way, yes, I'll give it to the Ragman that "monkey" is a racial slur when used in that particular context.  I'll point out when somebody is wrong, even when they are (allegedly) on our side...that's something the Ragman never does with people on his side. 

He's wrong that a town official's relative having stabbed someone isn't newsworthy though.  It'd be newsworthy even if he wasn't related to a town official.  The Ragman makes things like that fair game when he goes after others for far less.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-04-06 20:46:33)

#14 2009-04-06 20:17:07

I have to agree with TBL & Vikings.

#15 2009-04-06 20:36:01

Let it go, please. I understand politically correct sensitivity as well as the next person, especially in a town like ours where Cape Verdeans took all the rotten jobs no one else would have. In Vermont, that honor was bestowed on the French, in southern CT, the Italians, in CA, Asians and Mexicans.

Portegees, frogs, wops, gooks and beaners, respectively. They're just words, not sticks or stones. Fresh immigrants to this country always get crushed and exploited at the bottom, then after a generation or three, they're running things. Why, once upon a time a Greek fruit peddler from New Bedford...

Some one day before I croak I want hear Wareham's Cape Verdean community acknowledge and discuss the blatant rascism they practice against one another, the high yaller light skinned vs their darker cousins, loosely corresponding to the island their kin inhabited.

A cousin of Mary Ann's, with the same last name, was the only maternal affection I knew here as a kid... because Yankees still don't know shit about children. Or cooking edible food. Oooooh my, talk about rascism! Doesn't change the facts, though.  Mary Ann Silva is fugly, inside and out.

Ignore Slager. Thank you.

Last edited by billw (2009-04-06 23:01:13)

#16 2009-04-06 23:59:08

TBL

I can see your point billw. But I think saying a black person or a Cape Verdean looks like a monkey is definitely crossing the line. "Monkey" carries strong negative racial overtones. WhmWench may not have intended it to be a racial comment but it was definitely a very poor choice of words.

This is a great website but sometimes people on here can get a little too venomous and we may be hurting our cause.

Last edited by TBL (2009-04-07 00:01:20)

#17 2009-04-07 03:33:53

TBL wrote:

I can see your point billw. But I think saying a black person or a Cape Verdean looks like a monkey is definitely crossing the line.

But it's ok to call John Sanguinet an Interim Acting Buttmonkey, v2.1, then illustrate that point with...?

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/buttmonkey.png

Most everything on this site is offensive to someone. If a poster crosses the line, call them on it. If it's really awful, I'll move it offline, but I'm not deleting anything. People in this town need to learn how to talk to one another, something that'll never happen if they don't dare say something stupid.

Newspapers, in therory, have copy editors and occasionally even proof reading chimps. Crap, see? Now I'm dissing chimps. This isn't a newspaper.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/noevil.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#18 2009-04-07 21:20:36

TBL

billw wrote:

Most everything on this site is offensive to someone. If a poster crosses the line, call them on it. If it's really awful, I'll move it offline, but I'm not deleting anything. People in this town need to learn how to talk to one another, something that'll never happen if they don't dare say something stupid.

Okay I am calling WhmWench on crossing the line then. We don't need that kind of talk on here.

Although, like someone else already mentioned, WhmWench could have been a plant from the pro-Slager/pro-Selectmen camp to make the rest of us on this website look bad. I notice WhmWench has not posted since the last ugly comment that they made so I think it is likely that WhmWench was a plant.

#19 2009-04-07 21:24:32

I THINK ITS A PLANT. I ALSO THINK THE WOMAN WHO WANTED THE POLICE AT THE SELECTMANS MEETINGS WAS A PLANT

#20 2009-04-07 21:29:05

I'd bet a million dollars it was a plant.  Wareham Wench came on, shouted some racist comments, then Ragman rushed out a column.  Wench never came back after that.  They've done everything they can to try to make the election about race and this was a dirty trick the Ragman pulled out of his hat.

The British Lady was a plant too.  "Oooo Bill's so scary, ooo we need to protect the selectmen from him."  Give me a break.  The cops are short staffed enough, they need to post arm guards to keep unflattering pictures of Bruce and Brenda from being snapped?

Bill, next time you're there, snap the nastiest picture of the Ragman you can so we can turn Mixie loose on it please.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-04-07 23:23:31)

#21 2009-04-07 21:52:03

TBL

Yeah lady, great idea! Lets take the lone officer responsible for patrolling the area around town hall/multi-service center and the neighborhoods of Weweantic, Briarwood, Cromesett, Swifts Beach, Downtown, Pinehurst, Oakdale/Sandwich Road, Parkwood, Bourne Point, Standish Shores, the Arlington beach area, Great Neck, Little Harbor, and all the other neighborhoods I forgot to mention that make up that patrol area, and take him off the road to have that lone officer guard selectmen that want to lay him or his coworkers off and make sure those that are left are understaffed and driving cruisers with 200,000 miles on them to protect those same selectmen from some guy with a camera.

Last edited by TBL (2009-04-07 22:01:11)

#22 2009-04-07 22:00:37

Jeb

TBL, check you messages here. need a 2nd opinion

#23 2009-04-07 22:10:12

TBL

Jeb wrote:

TBL, check you messages here. need a 2nd opinion

I can't see why you couldn't ask me here on the open forum but I don't know.

#24 2009-04-11 00:12:56

TBL

billw, I see that the ragman has chosen to print your most hostile sounding words and left out what you said in the rest of your post to try to paint you as a racist. What a race baiting slime ball he is. He also failed to mention the posts from myself and others on here that condemed what WhmWench wrote. I am now convinced that WhmWench was a plant to make this website look bad.

#25 2009-04-11 02:24:16

TBL wrote:

billw, I see that the ragman has chosen to print your most hostile sounding words

This is a surprise? A man who can not quote a single sentence accurately is not someone to worry about.

#26 2009-04-11 10:24:11

TBL

I'm not surprised at all by the ragman. His article about this thread is just a continuation of his intentional omissions.

Last edited by TBL (2009-04-11 10:24:43)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com