#1 2009-04-03 21:56:13

This afternoon I was eating at Friendly's where Cara Ann Winslow and her daughter were also having lunch.
As she was leaving she stopped to talk to me and my friend, which I guess any politician would do, and I asked her about the rag.
It should come as no surprise to us truth bloggers that she told me she has never ever, not once, spoken to the rag man Slager, nor has he ever attempted to reach her. In fact, she appeared confused when I asked her why she hadn't answered his 10 questions. She said what 10 questions? and that her website has a link to e-mail so anyone can get in touch with her if they want to.
Finally when I asked if she attended a recall meeting, as Brenda said she did, she said the meeting she attended was not a recall meeting. She said that the meeting was in the fall. She went and actually spoke about how the antics of this town management were unacceptable. Guess who else was at that meeting? None other than Jane Donahue! What a weasel! Brenda never said her pal JD was at the same meeting!

#2 2009-04-04 07:24:51

the presend board are a crime sindicate,just like the maffia.

#3 2009-04-04 08:35:14

I thought there were laws that the media needed to give equal coverage to each candidate in political campaigns. Wouldn't bobbie's seeking out only one candidate for his 10 questions be a violation of that rule?  Is there a place to report that he used the rag to give one candidate a political advantage?

#4 2009-04-04 11:56:27

Jeb

Mixie wrote:

I thought there were laws that the media needed to give equal coverage to each candidate in political campaigns. Wouldn't bobbie's seeking out only one candidate for his 10 questions be a violation of that rule?  Is there a place to report that he used the rag to give one candidate a political advantage?

Fairness Doctrine?

The Free Dictionary.com defines the "Fairness Doctrine" as follows:

"The doctrine that imposes affirmative responsibilities on a broadcaster to provide coverage... that fairly reflects differing viewpoints. In fulfilling its fairness doctrine obligations, a broadcaster must provide free time for the presentation of opposing views..."

#5 2009-04-04 13:01:38

TBL

Slager decided who he was going to support the moment the Donahues presented their hand picked candidate. What really irks me is that Slager constantly brings up the race of Mr. Cruz. It is a disgusting attempt by Slager to make race an issue in this election.

Why does Slager not mention Cara Winslow's ethnic background? If race is so important to the ragman why does he not let everyone know what her ethnic background is every time he mentions her name? Slager cannot mention Mr. Cruz's name without mentioning that he is Cape Verdean.

I don't care what race anyone is. I want to know if they will be a good selectman and be a voice of reason on a board made up of some very controversial people.

#6 2009-04-04 15:33:48

It's almost like the Ragman thinks it is a miracle that a Cape Verdean could be a businessman.

I know he doesn't seem to think it was possible for a Cape Verdean to become the City of New Bedford Treasurer without political help (even though she's a Republican and the Mayor of New Bedford is a staunch Democrat, so it's more likely that her abilities played a larger role than politics since the Mayor overlooked her Republicanosity, if that's a word).

But then again, she did disagree with Bruce, and for the Ragman, that always seems to be the dividing line where the need for more Cape Verdean representation is thrown out the window.

Does anyone think that the Ragman had ever even heard of Cape Verde until he started reporting in Wareham?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-04-04 15:40:22)

#7 2009-04-04 15:50:44

He is updating his site again. He doesn't read. The Courier clearly says the questions were e-mailed, mailed, or hand delivered. In order for any candidate to get the rag questions they would be required to PAY .75 for them. How "fair" is that?

#8 2009-04-04 19:05:34

What, is Winslow supposed to hang out at all the packy stores with all the rummies and winos waiting for questions from the Rag to come in?

#9 2009-04-04 19:12:31

Winslow has so much more class and sense than Cruz.  It was painful to watch him stumblingn over his answers at Candidates Night.  I'm not gonna knock a guy who could be my grandpa, but he doesn't seem like a dude who's All There.  Let him keep up his volunteering and leave the real work to more intelligent quicker wipper snappers.  Anyone with a brain is gonna vote for Winslow.

#10 2009-04-04 19:13:02

Ragman said, "According to the bloggers, Winslow didn't know about the questions. That's rather shocking to us. We would think that anyone running for office (or at least one of their supporters) would be reading every single newspaper that covers the Wareham area."

OH!  OH MY HEAD! OH GOD!  THERE MIGHT BE A PERSON OUT THERE THAT DOES NOT READ MY PAPER!  THE HATE BLOGGERS SAID SHE DOESNT READ MY PAPER SO IT MUST BE TRUE! OH GOD, I HAVE TO GO CURL UP IN THE CORNER WITH THE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS AND SPEND ALL NIGHT IN THE FETAL POSITON! OH MY HEAD! MY HEAD! MY BIG BULBOUS BALDING GRAY HEAD!!!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com