#1 2009-03-27 19:42:25

I will never understand how slager can criticize others for their job performance when he has not yet learned how to apply simple rules of grammar.  Slager you wrote, "No one has accused Hartman of breaking the law. Being slimy is not a crime. If it was, all the hate bloggers would be in jail."

But, a professional journalist writing as if he were a slimball should be a crime.

In the subjunctive mood the plural form were should be used with a singular subject.  If I were you, I would stop emulating Brockton Brenda's language styles.

I know this is boring; but a man who knows everything about what everyone else should be doing, should not continually write using improper grammar.  What happened to the chimp?

#2 2009-03-28 10:08:06

Slager

As long as you continue to distort the truth, and until the chimp returns home, I will point out the error of your ways.....

you wrote:
"It looks like some of the hate bloggers are trying to clean up their act, at least for now. Bill Whitehouse is asking his fellow nitwits to ease up on the hateful rhetoric leading up to the election. "

Should be, it looks as if some of the .....

Like is a preposition; as is a conjunction. Like can only be followed by a noun or noun phrase. The word as introduces a subordinate clause. A clause, unlike a phrase, has a subject and predicate. A predicate is usually a verb with or without objects, complements, and modifiers.

#3 2009-03-28 10:21:08

Yeah bob what sam said!  i was just about to point that out.

#4 2009-03-28 10:32:53

oneeardog wrote:

Yeah bob what sam said!  i was just about to point that out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh my gosh....that was really funny!  I love posting on and reading this site.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com