#1 2009-03-26 08:47:10

Jeb

Has anyone found an online source for the proposed warrant articles
for our upcoming Town meeting? Heard there are over 60 of them this time!!!

The rumor is that the CBW people will pull a move to have them heard
first. They have always been gone through lastly.

I believe they go to print next Friday but should be available somewhere
online by now.

Anyone want to guess how many nights this will run?

Time for us to brush up on Robert’s rules of order.

http://www.robertsrules.org/

#2 2009-03-26 10:43:28

Jeb i was a long time bos supporter and still  to some degree think that some (one) of them really cares about us.  What i do not agree with is how flagrantly obvious and contrived the meetings ending was in the fall.  Again not that i agree with these wareham one people but i think the attempt to do something like having the items heard first would keep them from being disregarded altogether because mr. donahue or some members of the board didnt want them heard

you want to talk about robert's rules well i saw some of the worst violations at that meeting.  i dont want or need any of those trivial items to pass either but who is mr. donahue or the clerks husband  to decide what gets voted on in a democracy.

i think the disparity between these groups is the way these things are being decided and we are the ones who should get to decide.

Another thing i would like to discuss is all this negative override talk.  We dont balk when trillions are spent on immigrants, questionable wars, and defunct welfare for the lazy.  For some reason though we are incensed at the thought of paying a couple more dollars a week to have our streets safe and clean.

These town democats scare the hell out of elderly but lets face it most of the elderly live in those retched trailer parks and dont incur the tax adjustment.  Just the landlords who already  have plenty of money trust me

instead of poining fingers at who mismanaged the money or who is at fault for legal fees and lawsuits  lets just find a way to fix our town

Last edited by Queen of Wareham (2009-03-26 10:45:07)

#3 2009-03-26 11:04:51

The warrant is available on the town's Web site

#4 2009-03-26 11:55:55

TBL

Queen of Wareham, I definately agree with you on your "defunct welfare for the lazy" comment. It is a big problem, especially here in Wareham. There are many able-bodied 20, 30, and 40, somethings who claim they are disabled, collect government checks, and live in free or nearly free housing. Yet they still somehow manage to own all the latest and greatest electronics and fancy rims for their cars. Some of them supplement their government benefits by stealing and drug dealing. Abuses of the system are wide spread and go unchecked. That being said, there are people that are unable to work and have a legitimate need for government assistance and I wish nothing but the best for those people.

Last edited by TBL (2009-03-26 12:13:54)

#5 2009-03-26 23:22:11

Jeb

WarehamWatcher wrote:

The warrant is available on the town's Web site

Damb, Probably been there for awhile I bet. Thanks.

Though I think of Bob Brady as self-promoting whiner with an ax to grind, he does have a sense of humor.

ARTICLE 48

Change the sentence in the Town Charter Section 7 – 5 Uniform Procedures (b) (Page 27) which reads:

These rules and journals shall be a pubic record, kept available in a place convenient to the public, and a certified copy shall be kept available in the Wareham Free Library.

to read:

These rules and journals shall be a public record, kept available in a place convenient to the public, and a certified copy shall be kept available in the Wareham Free Library.

Inserted by Robert Brady, et al.

Last edited by Jeb (2009-03-26 23:24:34)

#6 2009-03-27 00:14:00

Jeb wrote:

These rules and journals shall be a public record, kept available in a place convenient to the public

Ten years ago we could have fed the audio from each meeting mike to voice recognition software and produced a messy but legible transcription of the PUBLIC's business for the cost of one site licence. The software has since improved.

#7 2009-04-03 08:04:16

Jeb

ARTICLE 27

Depart.    Equipment    Amount Requested    Amount Recommended
MIS    Power Supply    6,700   
MIS    9 Laptops Police and Town Clerk    9,000   
MIS     Firewall Hardware and Software    9,200   
Town Clerk    5 Fireproof File Cabinets    4,000   
Town Clerk    DVD Recorder for Town Meeting    2,000   
Town Clerk    3 Typewriters    3,000   
Conservation    4 File cabinets    2,000   
Police    In-House Replacement Computer    7,500   
Police    Telephone    600   
Police    2 Video Security Cameras    1,500   
Police    Replace Digital Cameras    800   
Police    8 Tasers    6,400   
Police     2 A/C Window  Units    400   
COA    4 Desktop Computers    4,000   
Library    15 Computers    18,000   
Library    Shade for Meeting Room    750   
Library    Computer Printer    1,200   

Total        77,050   

Before anything gets listed on this ‘wish list’, Dept heads should work
through the states Surplus Equipment Program for typewriters, file cabs and the like.
   15 computers for the Library at $1200 per !?!? $7500 for an “in-house” (server I presume)?? 4 more computers for COA at $1000 each??  $6700 for Power supply. Do they mean UPS? That’s quite a few. 9 Lap tops at $1000 each? DVD recorder at $2000, I’d hope one of those requested computers could do this. $4000 for firewalls?
   MAN…I got out of the IT business a little too soon.
   The only items I could see justified and priced realistically are the A/C units.

#8 2009-04-03 08:58:24

I think Bob Brady should run next election...he's one of the few on the good side who's not afraid to tell the bad guys that they're a bunch of jerks.  Someone willing to get tough and not back down in the face of Bruce's bloviating is something the good side has been lacking for a long time.

#9 2009-04-03 09:46:47

Hey bob of course you could save the town 30 to 50 k a year if they advertise with you.  the problem is you get what you pay for.  If i want to make an announcement that will reach 6 people ill just call them or go yell the announcement  in a dunkin donuts.

you are pathetic bob ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah ah ha ha ha ha hha h

hey and i love the winslow comment about not  actually saying what her job title is.   like any of your friends would know what a job was.   You know gainfully employed and supporting your family,  just ask your wife she will explain how it works. anyhow i think the other two media outlets both stated what her job title was and where she worked .   why is this week any different im sure you read them before writing all your hot scoops. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h hah ah h ha

Last edited by oneeardog (2009-04-03 09:51:11)

#10 2009-04-03 10:01:05

gonna be a long day bob .  did you know that Joseph Stalin actually studied to be a priest.  point is sometimes we just get lost bob.  i tried so hard to warn you that the path you were on was not right or just and you just wouldnt listen.  were you blinded by power? I dont think so bob i think you got sucked in to a little niche, (same one you claim to have warned david smith about those years ago), and lost your objectivity.

bob your human it happens.  we try so hard to please the ones we love and when we are rejected we take what we can get.  sometimes where ever we can get it.  I get it bob.  they made you feel included, loved in a sense.  For the first time you felt like you mattered and your work had purpose.  the problem is bob you were supposed to be a journalist not an activist.  and you didnt have to make things personal. 

bob your not so blind that you dont see the hippocracy in your writings lately.   Free speech for you but no one else.  Where did the ideals go bob. 

WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG?

Last edited by oneeardog (2009-04-03 10:01:56)

#11 2009-04-03 10:15:42

Jeb wrote:

MAN…I got out of the IT business a little too soon.
   The only items I could see justified and priced realistically are the A/C units.

I noticed those prices myself and thought, "Mmmm, DOD gold plated toilet seats sell for less." Bet that's one happy supplier.

#12 2009-04-03 10:38:01

The clerk needs $3000 for three typewriters!?!?!  Officemax has them for $300 each!!!

#13 2009-04-03 11:17:02

Jeb

billw wrote:

I noticed those prices myself and thought, "Mmmm, DOD gold plated toilet seats sell for less." Bet that's one happy supplier.

OH Yea!! Was it back in the early '60s the Navy was paying $800+ for hammers as well?

Vikings wrote:

The clerk needs $3000 for three typewriters!?!?!  Officemax has them for $300 each!!!

Makes ya want to see all departments proposed expeditures broken down like this.  err..maybe not. Might just make everone deathly ill.

#14 2009-04-03 11:32:23

Jeb wrote:

Makes ya want to see all departments proposed expeditures broken down like this.  err..maybe not. Might just make everone deathly ill.

"The natural parsimony of the people which led them to prefer to patch out the old meeting-house rather than spend money for a new one was again shown in December, 1730, when the shabby condition of its windows was making the cold house colder; and it was voted "to mend the Glass that is Least broken and where the Glass is Quite Gone to nail up bords in Lue thereof for ye preasant."

Excerpted from "Colonial Times on Buzzards Bay", William Root Bliss's definitive history of Wareham's English settlement published in 1889.

#15 2009-04-03 17:57:42

All these numbers were drawn up by the weasel with little if any input from the department heads. If anyone wants to beat the drum to point out how ridiculous most of these requests are, ask the department heads if these are the ones they intended. The weasel doesn't use real numbers. He misuses data to serve his masters. That has been proven over and over. I think this is a ploy to put more blame on and discredit our department heads.

#16 2009-04-04 02:04:59

wag the dog wrote:

All these numbers were drawn up by the weasel with little if any input from the department heads. If anyone wants to beat the drum to point out how ridiculous most of these requests are, ask the department heads if these are the ones they intended. The weasel doesn't use real numbers.

Not that the dept heads are allowed to speak to the lowly likes of us anymore, but thank you. If anyone doubted this is a criminal enterprise before, they shouldn't now.

#17 2009-04-04 16:16:36

The weasel not only invents his own numbers but also alters the calendar to better serve his masters. Read this: http://www.warehampoliceunion.com/10001.html

#18 2009-04-05 14:20:32

Wow!  I wonder if they've been using the money that was set aside for Union contracts as a way to pay the legal bills?  Hmmmm.  Then they have the nerve to ask the Town employees to give up 15%.

#19 2009-04-05 17:00:52

CS, I think you nailed it! I'd also like to know why those warrant articles haven't been taken up yet as they were on the BOS agenda a couple weeks back and slipped out of sight. We all know the BOS rules the roost right now. They wouldn't give a damn what the FinComm says or what TM votes. The truth behind all this needs to come out.

#20 2009-04-06 08:23:22

I also heard that dept. heads were not consulted. What kind of a way is that to run a town??? Who would know better what a department needs than----the department head??!!

Also, if we can come up with that much money to buy stuff for the library (by the way, the library can't possibly need 15 new computers!! And what is a shade for the meeting room? How necessary is that??) why not use it to restore the hours so the library can be re-certified??? Seems like an extra $20,000 would come in handy what with the summer coming and all the extra people in town needing to use the library. Didn't the Friends give the town $20,000 and get some of the hours back? Isn't the town appealing the library commissioner's ruling on decertification? Wouldn't it help to show we were funding the library again? But hey, I'm just a taxpayer.

Of course, we are constantly told that Wareham is more than just a library, and that the library is treated fairly and there is no animosity between the BOS and the library. Give me a break people. And there is no favoritism towards the town clerk's office right? Three typewriters? What are we going back to the dark ages? Or maybe we need to have a town clerk who can use a computer. For $9000 raise, she should do more than kiss butt.

Go to town meeting and oppose this list of ridiculous requests. Unless we know what the departments actually need, and a decent cost list ($7500 for one computer?) we should vote against it.

#21 2009-04-06 13:49:39

how do we know ,if the dept heads didnt have any imput in buying this equipment then will they be getting the equipment , is this a slush fund for the selectmen to do as they wish? will brice be getting a new computor?      the money will go into this fund to be spent for  graft and corupition to suit the selectmen and their bum kissers  AKA    mary ann silva , i agree if the dept heads did not request this money then the town puppet is creating a slush fund. gormet coffee machine for brenda ,  a safe for mary ann to keep her  9 k in.      crooks , crooks    crooks     crooks      crooks  crooks        crooks    liars   liars   liars   liars   liars.

#22 2009-04-06 13:55:31

so bruce needs  a new replacment for that old laptop  computor he tried  to cheat the town out of.

#23 2009-04-06 14:14:13

IF BRUCE WASNT GOING AROUND STEALING THE TOWNS LAPTOPS FOR HIS PERSONAL USE MAYBE WE WOULDNT NEED SO MANY NEW COMPUTERS

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com