#1 2009-02-20 01:05:29

it is all fodder to cover up thier mistakes for the past few years;  all the same players whether they were selectmen or fin com people.  this crash has been predicted for years and they act like it was an act of god or the state pulled the rug out on them

they did not do their job
they screwed up
they embroiled us in litigation that will crush this town for years
they mismanaged the wealth and possible tax revenue for years
they treated people like dirt
they dismissed peoples opinions "i dont want to hear from you"

tuesday was just setting the stage for layoffs town wide
not just  numbers or lazy gov. workers  as they would have you believe but good people who may have opted for a town job for the security rather than make the better buck somewhere.

these people are your neighbors and your brother in laws. these people have been working without contracts for years now.  Picking up your garbage or mowing the cemetery lawns where your loved ones are buried.  and the police keeping you safe at night while you sleep while clearly underpaid  for what they do. the custodian who does traffic in front of the school every day rain or snow; ever seen and accident there "Never"  all the while just waiting and  believing that it will turn around' someone will surely notice  them.

meanwhile they spend money at will and invite lawsuits: promoting thier own self interests. we see who is fighting so hard for what and why.  BRENDA THIS IS A CRANBERRY FARMING COMMUNITY WHETHER YOU AGREE OR NOT THE CRANBERRY FARMERS WILL FIGHT HARD TO STAY IN BUSINESS/  this does not make them bad people.  why is it ok to advocate for what you believe and they cannot oppose that.

i have a crazy idea what if we all (bos and the rest of us) just sat back and thought WHAT IF IM WRONG?  we are all human and we have all been wrong before. why not now. i know sometimes i get pigheaded and soon cant see the forest through the trees.

we know who is aligned with who. wake up wareham they scream power elite but did you benefit from the two million dollar beach fiasco/BRUCE HAD A PURCHASE AND SALES ON THIS PROPERTY AND WE ARE TO BELIEVE IT WAS A COINCIDENCE  /  Do you think the town administrator should be paid to stay home.  IF THEY HAD CAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE HAD THE HEARING

so what do they do? how can you come up with this kind of money.  big numbers on the town side/  have to make that five hundred thousand somewhere   

hey i have an idea lets just start firing dept/ heads.  hundred grand a pop right easy targets right. common folk hear those numbers and they are on board. im not even going to argue the issue of whether they are overpaid or not /  but i will say that this is how it has come to be over the years and if the money had been managed properly there would be plenty.  would you give up 10 or 15 % of your pay and half your medical benefits? WOULD YOU BOB? WOULD YOU BRENDA? WOULD YOU BRUCE?

WELL THATS DIFFERENT RIGHT?

the reporters in new bedford painted the firemen and cops as greedy and selfish that they would not take the paycut.  but would they the reporters  take a pay cut/ 

now we cant plow or sand/   god bless our children who ride the buses.  If one person gets hurt or god forbid killed  what do we tell them,? sorry wasnt in the budget   however kopelman and paige will probably bill 1 million dollars for the 09-10 fiscal year, that is my crystal ball.

lets call it what it is a "charter rewrite" that other poster heard the same thing i did
THEY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH POWER RIGHT NOW TO DISCRETELY CORRECT ALL THE SCREW UPS.SO THEY NEED TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM TO ACCOMPLISH THIS/     

the selectman system worked for a long time dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Just get cleaner bathwater

#2 2009-02-20 07:06:13

oneeardog you sound like an inteligent person i would like you to consider a run for selectman next year i think you could do a very good job you express your self well on the boards and i personally think you would do a good job one ear dog for selectman im2110 what do you think about it folks i think we have a winner here

#3 2009-02-20 07:14:59

oneeardog wrote:

the reporters in new bedford painted the firemen and cops as greedy and selfish that they would not take the paycut.  but would they the reporters  take a pay cut/

None of the 2 dozen or more reporters I've known best and still keep in touch are employed by newspapers anymore. Not one. A handful quit in disgust. The rest took buyouts.

oneeardog wrote:

now we cant plow or sand/   god bless our children who ride the buses.  If one person gets hurt or god forbid killed  what do we tell them,? sorry wasnt in the budget

I realize you're writing from the heart, oneear but at some point we'll have to ignore the scumbags who squandered all our resources and make tough choices, like sanding and plowing and putting chains back on school bus tires when it snows.

There were flush years in this town when most dept heads rose up on their hind legs every town meeting and were rewarded for their emotional appeals, money be damned. Anymore, I have a feeling kids coming up will get a first hand look at how their grandparents lived.

This will get lots worse before it gets better.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com