#1 2009-02-08 00:36:31

Wareham Board of Selectman Chairman Jim Potter, formerly of Onset, announced this week he won't seek this year's only contested BOS seat.

Mr. Potter issued a 1200 word statement lauding his leadership, defending the firing of just hired town administrator McAuliffe and his own altruism. Mostly, Potter complained of long hours and no pay. The one term selectman, who currently lives in Bourne, never did learn how to run a meeting.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/pullplug.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2009-02-08 02:05:37)

#2 2009-02-08 09:05:26

pathetic on s$t site someone is actually claiming that potter lives at home with mommy still and this is causing strain on marriage.

where do i start is it more ridiculous to lie about something that obviously doesn't matter anymore as far as the residency. 
or is it more ridiculous that in this lie the allege he is married but still lives with mommy to attend some meetings Tuesday nights.

oh well someone who lives in the neighborhood in Bourne called the person on it.

isn't the bigger issue here if he changed his address with the registry when he moved.  too bad cops cant do anything about that or they will come under investigation for violating the "Selecmen's rule" .    you know the rule where you are immune from criminal,and civil law as well as insuring your car and paying federal taxes

#3 2009-02-08 09:07:52

sorry might have been courier

#4 2009-02-08 09:17:45

Jesus Potter Your Letter Just Could Have Stated, "i Now Live In Bourne And Not Eligible For Reelection." Pay These Morons? I Wouldnt Pay Them To Clean My Septic System Of Bobby Jr's.

#5 2009-02-08 10:52:36

oh does that mean that his neighborhood in bourne will be ridden with Mtv (multiple teenage vagrancies) on thursday nights.  good i want my neighborhood back.

#6 2009-02-09 01:16:33

TBL

Well with no pay for selectmen, we get what we pay for. Nothing! Maybe the town should pay a small stipend to attract good candidates.

#7 2009-02-09 08:17:30

TBL wrote:

Well with no pay for selectmen, we get what we pay for. Nothing! Maybe the town should pay a small stipend to attract good candidates.

Our current crop of crook candidates have created this delusion, TBL.

Who else will hire them?

This isn't rocket science. Select boards representing populations twice our size manage weekly meetings like ours in an hour or less.

Ever attended one of our SOB meetings, TBL? They're asinine by design.

#8 2009-02-09 11:11:18

Power Hungry Power Hungry Power Hungry !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Reason Other Boards Manage To Accomplish What They Accomplish Is That They Oversee And Finalize What Others (town Administrators) Get Paid To Do.

If This Board Does Not Want To Be So Bogged Down Stop Sticking Your Nose In The Elephants Ass.  And I Mean Every Ass. 

The Memorial Guy By The Courthouse Got A Letter A Couple Of Months Ago Stating The The Cemetary Committee Or Commission Or Whatever Will Review And Approve All Text And Design On Headstones Before They Can Be Made And Placed. 

Church And State.  ?

You Wont Ever Guess In A Million Years Who The Chairman Or Liason To The Committee Is!!!

Hey How Did You Guess It Was Bruce.     Yes This Moral Midget Is The Yardstick At Which We Will Measure Our Sentiment For The Dead.
\
  When I Die I Swear To God All My Money Will Go To An Oversized Headstone In The Shape Of A Jackass With His Name On It .  The Balance Of My Estate Will Be In Trust With A Law Firm Which Will Sue Him And The Town If They Make Any Attempt To Prohibit My Memorial To Wareham's  Anti-christ

#9 2009-02-09 11:14:25

Sorry I Got Sidetracked .   Plenty Of Good People Would And Should Do This For Free. 

It Isnt The Money Making It So Unattractive It Is The Company.      It Is Like Asking Someone To Join Hitler's Army Or Vacation In Hiroshima  In April 1945 .   "aaaahhh No Thank You"

#10 2009-02-09 11:57:22

The Reason The Board Is So Bogged Down Is Because They Want To Control Every Department. Selectman Set Policy And The Town Manager Runs Day To Day Operations. The Current Board Is So Power Hungary They Have Gotten Their Crooked Hands Into Everything And Then They Whine Because They Are Overworked And Not Paid. Maybe Is Bruce Paid His Taxes Somebody Will Listen To Him. Of Course Ragman Will Not Report On It Even Though It Is In Black And White. Talk About Power Elite

#11 2009-02-09 18:21:52

oneeardog wrote:

When I Die I Swear To God All My Money Will Go To An Oversized Headstone In The Shape Of A Jackass With His Name On It .

Your lucky day, oneear. Carved in stone and all, how'd you say you want that inscription?

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/oneearsheadstone.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com