#1 2008-12-19 23:10:24

Pretty Much Sums It Up For Me
According To Slager If You Break The Law You Are

Cheered

If You Support The Police Department You Get

Jeered

I Am Not Shocked In The Least Just A Microcosm Of What Has Been Happening In The Media And Society.  The Media Loves And Perpetuates The Conflict Theory.

This Is Why It Is Important To Teach Our Children To Think For Themselves And Not Get Their Education From Mtv Or Spongebob

All Above Comments Reflect The Autors Opinion, However., I Do Love Spongebob

#2 2008-12-19 23:17:43

sorry clicked twice and spelled author wrong

#3 2008-12-19 23:44:11

oneeardog wrote:

The Media Loves And Perpetuates The Conflict Theory.

What media?

We're on our own here, oneear, just a wide spot in the road.

I've dreamed for 20 years of living to see the day when every municipal department maintains its own private, digital discussion and issues regular reports directly to an actively engaged public.

We'll get there eventually, I hope.

#4 2008-12-20 12:44:08

oneeardog wrote:

The Media Loves And Perpetuates The Conflict Theory.

The conflict will grow worse as budgets and funding shrink further, prompting more service cuts and more workforce losses.

Bruce and his BOS will exploit these noisy conflicts if they possibly can, if we let them, and if we play by the old rules. The old rules made it perfectably acceptable to fudge the numbers and deal from the bottom of the deck. Anything to get the job done.

Consider, if you will, the snow removal budget, a line item that perfectly screams Slush Fund. Voters are wise to gimmicks like this. They only fuel  anger and suspicion that town employees are coddled crooks with lifetime employment and inexhaustable bennies.

Engage the tax paying public directly and honestly and that problem goes away.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com