#1 2008-12-17 15:11:22

Slager & Bruce are making that claim on the Rag website.  Is that even possible so quickly?

#2 2008-12-17 15:41:50

commonsense wrote:

Slager & Bruce are making that claim on the Rag website.  Is that even possible so quickly?

Hang on, I'm checking.

#3 2008-12-17 15:54:34

Robert Slager wrote:

The charges were dismissed on Wednesday after the court found no factual basis for the allegation, acording [sp] to Sauvageau.

Slager appears to believe he can lie with impunity as long as he puts the words in Sauvageau's foul mouth.

#4 2008-12-17 15:55:23

Still no word back yet from the police department.

#5 2008-12-17 18:02:47

So is there no way of verifying whether the statement in the Bobserver (now that eliz is gone) is true or not?  I've never been arrested, nor do I even know anyone who has been arrested, so I don't know how these things work.

#6 2008-12-17 18:26:24

listen i am sure the charges were dropped as they frequently are at district court if you pay a fine.  Ever since 2003 and the states "Monan Report"  there is a great deal of pressure on courts  to complete cases in a timely fashion.  so cases like this are frequently dismissed.  it is just how it is and i am not judging the system.

the issue i have is that slager can write in the paper that the it was dismissed because of no factual basis or something like that.  these cops and citizens are not stupid.   YOU CANNOT INVENT A SUSPENDED LICENSE

KEEP YAPPIN BOB NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.

#7 2008-12-17 21:54:28

But how can Brucie get away with saying the chief has a mental illness?  Isn't that slander?  And can ragman write about a mental illness without verifying the facts?  I thought there already was a law suit pending against the rag.... I just wish if there were more information about the dismissal, it will be printed in the papers.

#8 2008-12-17 22:09:53

Well if no one reads it, it's not slander.  And God knows no one is reading it for news.  And yes, that sounds like slander to me.

I'm sure that if it was dismissed, it was dismissed upon payment of court fees.  That's not a not guilty.  They don't release cases based on "no factual basis for the allegation." at the arraignment phase.

Most likely it went like this, "would you like to hire an attorney, or have the court appoint you one.  Or would you like to take care of this yourself today?"  Obviously he took option C.

As for the case with his wife.  By the time it made it to court, he paid the insurance and the court was fine with that. 

I hope to God he gets into a car accident with someone one day and the driver has no license and no insurance.

Of course you're not going to sue the town, YOUR LICENSE WAS SUSPENDED!

#9 2008-12-17 22:12:41

gray area mixie.  i looked into it a little and i guess there are some things that cannot be quantified. like calling someone a jerk.  there is no quantifying test or definitive thing that makes someone a jerk.

maybe he thinks that this is the case here, however, i believe that mental illness is something that can be quantified by an expert witness and where the allegation of mental illness here  may lead to job loss or performance effectiveness this may be actionable.

#10 2008-12-17 22:27:24

commonsense wrote:

Wait a second. He's popped for driving on a suspended, pays a fine and now his driving privileges are restored? I have a hard time swallowing this.

#11 2008-12-17 22:28:19

I'm sure his wife drove him to the registry and he paid what he owed there too.

#12 2008-12-17 22:36:52

oneeardog wrote:

gray area mixie.  i looked into it a little and i guess there are some things that cannot be quantified. like calling someone a jerk.  there is no quantifying test or definitive thing that makes someone a jerk.

SEZ WHO?!?!?!

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/thumb/honkifyouhatebruce.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#13 2008-12-18 11:34:07

TBL

billw wrote:

commonsense wrote:

Wait a second. He's popped for driving on a suspended, pays a fine and now his driving privileges are restored? I have a hard time swallowing this.

Yes, that is usually how it works for a relatively minor offense. It has nothing to do with his position as a selectman. The average Joe usually recieves the same treatment, unless they have an outrageous driving record.

However, the spin the observer put on this story by claiming the charges were dismissed because of no factual basis for the charge is completely irresponsible and false. Like someone else mentioned in a previous message. At his arraignment he was likely given the option of making payment and having the case dismissed. He made the smart choice and the case was dismissed. Charges are dismissed all the time, even for more serious offenses. It does not mean that the defendant is not guilty. It is just an easy way for the court to clear their caseload.

Mr. Slager, you get bashed all the time and for good reason. Please, please, please, do some research about how things work, before you write something that makes you look stupid and ignorant. I really feel bad for you sometimes.

#14 2008-12-18 11:38:17

TBL

Aside from the suspended license, I heard there was an old warrant from Boston for Mr. Sauvageau. Does anyone have more information about this?

#15 2008-12-18 13:54:55

TBL

Anyone read the "A Dark Road in Wareham" by Slager yet? Funny stuff!!!

In his artice Slager claims that in three years of reading police logs he has never seen anyone that was arrested for operating after license suspension. Better go read those logs again Mr. Slager. A Police Officer can summons the operator, or he can arrest him. That is a long-standing police practice, everywhere, not just in Wareham, called "officer discretion". 

As for Officer Simmons, you can try to dig up dirt or political connections Mr. Slager, but you won't find any. He is a hard-working, young, and motivated Police Officer. Like several other officers hired in the last few years, he is not originally from Wareham, and has no connections to anyone in town. He is squeaky clean.

#16 2008-12-18 14:27:10

If Bruce Was Absolutely Innocent Why Did He Take The Plea Bargain And Pay The Court Costs??? Why Didnt He Fight The Case If He Was So Innocent??? And No Paper Reported That He Was Arrested For A Warrant In Addition To The Suspended License. I Remember Reading In These Blogs That Bruce Tried To Fight A Ticket He Got And He Lost And The Judge Ordered Him To Pay The Ticket. I Wonder If He Never Did And The License Got Suspended. Ragman You Are A Terrible Investigative Reporter When The One You Are Questioning You Have Your Head Up His Ass.

#17 2008-12-18 15:01:03

TBL

Another thing about Slager's dark road article. In it Bruce rants about how the police were not at his arraignment. The police don't go to the arraignment Bruce! Their presence is not required until the trial phase. The overtime costs for police would be through the roof if they went to every arraignment.

As for the police report not being in court. I'm sure it was there. The court clerk probably had it somewhere or they would not have proceeded until they had it. You may not have seen it Bruce, but it was there. When you get your copy, please be sure to make a copy for Mr. Slager. He want to go through it with a fine tooth comb and try to find anything remotely suspicious so he can put his own spin on the police report.

#18 2008-12-18 17:37:41

TBL

http://www.masscops.com/forums/showthre … post346657

Copy and paste that into your browser window. It should take you to page 8 of a long discussion about Bruce. Scroll down to post #78. The post is written by user name bbelichick, it is a very good post and pretty much says it all.

#19 2008-12-18 20:21:09

Ragman claimed a while back that he did not have any contact with Brucie other than as Brucie's role as a selectman.  It seems strange that Brucie would call ragman before he even took the time to gain emotional control to tell his tale of woe...and speaking of woe, it was a woefully sad week for the ragman.  he had a cold.  snif...snif...

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com