#1 2008-12-12 21:17:13

As written by Ex-Employee The Cat Lady

The citizens of Wareham can give thanks to Jack Dixon for the donation of the Xmas tree on the front lawn of Town Hall the next time they’re down at the town’s recycling center. Or you can wait to thank him during herring season in the spring as he scoops up your weekly supply at the run down by the Elks. Thank you, Jack!

What a compliment Liz.  Your accusing this guy of taking all the herring before anyone else.  Who are you to criticize?

I made a great gastronomic discovery this weekend...

Your ass has it's own area code?

Turkey cooked on the grill. I’m not a big turkey fan, but this was outstanding. Thanks to Chippy DeBlois for his expertise behind the grill. The bird was moist and extremely flavorful. It simply fell apart when someone went to carve it. The occasion was the revival of the dinner given by the Wareham Fire District for anyone who might otherwise be alone over the holidays. Actually, as a member of the WFD’s Prudential Committee, I have never been prouder by the response of WFD employees to reach out to others.

Especially yourself, looking for another handout.

I’ve been driving through the Wareham Crossing plaza at odd times and it appears, at least by the volume of cars in the parking lots, the stores might be doing a good holiday business.

Hmm.  People shopping at Christmas time.  Imagine that!

Driving past the Rochester police station recently, I could see a young deer in the cemetery across the street. The youngster heard me coming, jumped up on all four legs, turned tail, and rushed across the street into the woods. What a beautiful sight. One of life’s enchanted moments.

It was afraid you were going to have the WFD throw him on the grill.

What’s with the temperature in the selectmen’s meeting room? Last week selectmen were sweltering and had to open a window. The back of the room? Not so hot. Poor John Cronan’s face looked as though he was in the midst of a steam bath, it was so red.

There's a joke hear about Cronin being in the hot seat, but I'm going to go with Bruce's hot head causing all the heat.

Speaking of temperature, what was with Sunday? I wouldn’t have left the house if I hadn’t needed to. I think the town was out sanding and salting before 7 a.m., at least in some areas. Then Monday’s cold was enough to freeze off body parts. And now it’s supposed to be 60 degrees on Thursday? Talk about flu-inducing weather.

Open your door to save energy Liz.  Shut off your lights too.  Oh wait, you're all set.

All the seaweed that early winter storms have washed up on to the sand at Little Harbor is providing all kinds of spots for seagulls and other sea birds to hunker down in to keep warm. By spring the piles should be five feet deep. A seagull could get lost!

Did you see any vultures?

I was almost beaned by a blue jay recently as I pulled into the front yard. He might be beautifully colored, but he and his pals are certainly unruly as they fight each other (and the smaller, gentler birds) for a place at the bird seed table. After years of not seeing any jays, they certainly have returned in numbers. I counted eight fighting over cracked corn and sunflower seeds at one sitting.

Once your feral cats have at them, there may be just one.  You used to get paid for this commentary?

I had to make a special run just for bird seed the other night....

Ran out of turkey?

It had been a week they’d been without because I had been conserving money...

I.E. Slager hasn't paid me

but I couldn’t stand looking at hungry birds and hearing their calling a moment longer. Besides I am hoping to keep the berries on my holly at least through Christmas. After all, you need to save something for the winter crop of robins that will strip the bush in less than a day.

How sad the holiday air-puffed decorations look when not inflated and they rest in a puddle on local lawns.

Somebody break out the Pulizer for this one!

I found just the thing for local dogs - cranberry flavored dog biscuits (how apropos for the area). I purchased a box for Buddy and Daisy last week and they seemed to like them. They come in other flavors. After Buddy and Daisy’s response they might find more under their tree. If their family puts up a tree just for them, after all, they’re family, too.

You know she tried one herself

I think virtually everyone decided to erase the feasting of Thanksgiving by getting out to place Christmas lights. For once the appearance was fairly welcoming. Helen Lincoln certainly must be happy. I would try for the white light in every window if it didn’t mean a maze of extension cords. Not many electrical outlets in a house that’s going on 200 years.

Especially when you don't pay the electric bill.

Got a Christmas card with a wonderful handwritten message: "Don’t let the bastards get you down." I love it. A wonderful motto to live by. Thanks for the reminder!

Too bad the Bastards got you down already.

#2 2008-12-13 00:05:44

commonsense wrote:

I was almost beaned by a blue jay recently as I pulled into the front yard.

Once your feral cats have at them, there may be just one.

With a can't-miss target like that, what good are they?

That was perfect, commonsense. I miss her already!

Last edited by billw (2008-12-13 00:06:13)

#3 2008-12-13 18:57:07

commonsense wrote:

I think virtually everyone decided to erase the feasting of Thanksgiving by getting out to place Christmas lights. For once the appearance was fairly welcoming. Helen Lincoln certainly must be happy. I would try for the white light in every window if it didn’t mean a maze of extension cords. Not many electrical outlets in a house that’s going on 200 years.

Oh, shit. Thank christ I missed this part or I'd have never slept last night. That house, the only real home I knew as a kid, is 300 years old. May the defiled ghosts of Lincoln Hill haunt you forever, you fat bitch.

#4 2008-12-13 22:32:53

Alright, first, sorry I lost it and second, the truth is always an acceptable defense of libel. This is why only idiots act pro se, in their own legal defense or fail to recuse themselves from home town reporting.

You got me, Liz. Enjoy your unemployment.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com