#1 2008-12-07 01:05:30

Meow Meow Meow Hello Everyone,

My name is Frisky McWhiskers and I'm here to ask for your help.  Hold on, let me take a puff on my cigarette here.  It helps calm my kitty nerves.

http://skeptisys.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/smoking_cat.jpg

Ahh! That's better.  Shhh!  I have to be quiet!  I'm one of the Cat Lady's many, many kitties, and I'm here to write a plea for help on this computer we smuggled into the Cat Lady's basement. 

People, it stinks real bad in here.  At first, we thought the idea of having two whole houses to use as big kitty litter boxes would be an awesome idea, but after all the cat doody started to get extra ripe, we just can't take it anymore!  We need your help to escape! 

So please, dig deep into your pockets, give whatever you can, and please start a collection to help us buy a large subterrean drilling vehicle that we can use to burrow out of here and to freedom!

But until that arrives, we'll be trying as hard as we can to escape out of this feline flophouse!  So as often as we can, we'll be sneaking downstairs to give updates on our cat computer on how our daily escape attempts are going.

So stay tuned!  Meow Meow!

#2 2008-12-07 01:15:11

CAT RESCUE JOURNAL - DAY 1

Another purrr-fect plan foiled.

Three of our kitty friends crawled into some old chinese food cartons and pizza boxes with the idea that when the Cat Lady puts out the trash, they'd jump out of the trash can, run to freedom, and send back help for the rest of us!

Well, that was three years ago, and the Cat Lady still hasn't taken out the trash.  My good friend Fluffy was stuck like this for three friggin years:

http://www.funnypicturefunnyphoto.com/funny-picture-photo-cat-Victor-bagging-BonnieandVictorCats-pic.jpg

So our furry pals finally decided to give up and crawl out of the boxes.

The failure of this plan has caused us to lose hope and get very depressed.  Many of us kitties have even turned to alcohol abuse:

http://brneurosci.org/drunk-cat-whiskey-small.jpg

I think I might join them.  End of journal for today folks, I'm going to go lick up a bowl of scotch to drown my kitty sorrows.

Last edited by SaveTheKitties (2008-12-07 01:30:28)

#3 2008-12-07 01:35:22

CAT RESCUE JOURNAL - DAY 2

Sigh, today the Cat Lady dressed us all up for Christmas:

http://snapshot.parade.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=818818&g2_serialNumber=3

We're so upset we can't plan any escape attempts today.  Check with us tommorrow.  Meow.

Last edited by SaveTheKitties (2008-12-07 01:38:13)

#4 2008-12-07 06:12:12

The cat standing up (in red) looks like Bruce on a good day.

#5 2008-12-07 19:29:45

Very cute and original..maybe the kitties can teach the catlady how to use the computer since she use to pride herself on her ignorance.

#6 2008-12-08 00:11:48

CAT RESCUE JOURNAL -  DAY 3

Even though there's approximately 3,742 cats in this cat house, it can get lonely sometimes.  And desperate times call for desperate measures.

For example, my pal Mr. Scruffy has convinced himself this plush floormat is a female cat.  He's had a love affair with this floormat since Reagan was president.

http://www.injuryboard.com/uploadedImages/InjuryBoardcom_Content/Blogs/News_Blog/News/cat%20nap500(1).jpg

We don't have the heart to tell him the truth....(that the floor mat is cheating on him with other cats behind his back)

#7 2008-12-08 00:18:54

CAT RESCUE JOURNAL - DAY 4

Thank you all, it's good to see that people are reading this and responding.  We try to get down here and update as often as we can. 

We have come a step further in our kitty escape plans.  We've mapped out a series of underground tunnels we can dig that will take us to a location where the cat lady will never see us - Federal Furnace Road in Plymouth!  We just need to be sure to time it just right so that we are sure to pop right out of the exit hole between 3 and 4 pm (the sun will blind the cat lady to our presence) and then we can run to freedom!

#8 2008-12-08 00:28:01

SaveTheKitties wrote:

CAT RESCUE JOURNAL - DAY 4

Federal Furnace Road in Plymouth!  We just need to be sure to time it just right so that we are sure to pop right out of the exit hole between 3 and 4 pm

Ham, get real. Please.

#9 2008-12-08 22:24:01

Ohhhh...I like the journal.  I think it is clever, unusual and funny as well as an opportunity to give back to the rag....and the cats are cute.

#10 2008-12-08 22:46:19

CAT RESCUE JOURNAL - DAY 5

Today, one of our furry compatriots came oh so close to escaping.  He dressed up as that guy who used to be her partner but I guess now is her boss? We don't know the exact arrangement, we're just dumb kitties all we know is he hasn't paid her money for her obvious non-sequitors in awhile, so we kitties have been starving.

Anyway, here is one of my pals dressed up as the Cat Lady's Boss:

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2007/12/25%20CAT%20WIG%20PHOTO.JPG

It almost worked, he was almost out the door, but then the Cat Lady asked when she was going to get paid, and he didn't know what to say so he ran and hid behind the sofa.  The the Cat Lady proceeded to call everyone she knows and talk about her boss behind his back for the next hour and a half. 

Oddly, it was very similar to the interactions between the Cat Lady and her boss for real.

Last edited by SaveTheKitties (2008-12-08 22:49:57)

#11 2008-12-08 22:55:35

Mixie wrote:

Ohhhh...I like the journal.  I think it is clever, unusual and funny as well as an opportunity to give back to the rag....and the cats are cute.

Y'all are more than capable of passing coded messages and/or sowing misinformation elsewhere.

This site is dedicated to honest reporting and transparent local government that inspires trust, not fear and fuckery.

The cats are fine. So is adopting multiple user names - aka sock puppets - as long as they aren't abused.

'Pat Riot' has thrown in the towel on this enterprise and is begging me to take it back. Under the circumstances, I'd be inclined to pull the plug myself.

Play straight, guys. You're losing credibility.

Last edited by billw (2008-12-08 22:56:33)

#12 2008-12-09 10:14:51

We Cats figure a few things should be clarified.

The Federal Furnace between 3 and 4 pm thing wasn't code.  It was a joke regarding the Cat Lady's delightful tip in her column about how you'll go blind by the sun if you're driving on Federal Furnace Road in Plymouth between 3 and 4 pm.  We kitties figured we'd be safe we escaped into Plymouth at that time as the Cat lady would not see us in the blind spot.

As for the street car thing...the Ragman spends all day and night long going over these blogs, analyzing them like they are the Davinci Code.  You could write that Godzilla stomped on downtown Main Street and the Ragman would have a story about a monster attack on the town in the next edition.  We blogsters were just having some fun, talking about made up codes and non-existent meetings in the hopes that the Ragman would print it in his next edition so we could all laugh our asses off at his stupidity.

We'll keep such jokes to ourselves in the future.  Now back to our escape attempts from this stinky cat prison...

Last edited by SaveTheKitties (2008-12-09 10:17:42)

#13 2008-12-09 10:41:05

bill it is my opinion that no one is trying to undermine the legitimicy of this site.   unlike the rag and his board of accomplices this is our only outlet and we do appreciate it.  some of the entertainment value from some of these people have brought a lot of viewers to the sight.  once here they are hit with the more serious issues effecting our town.

and as for slager,   you know something is wrong when he is so obsessed with whatever is said on this site that it becomes 50% of his news. on the other site he would be on til 2 am and then back on at 8 am .  do journalists with families really have time for that .   he is seemingly obsessed and some of the stuff was probably designed to drive him nuts.

i will say this though there are people reviewing the tapes of past meetings and keeping notes on what is seen as possibly inappropriate.  no secret bullshit and the ags office doesnt seem that interested but maybe the next candidates will appreciate the election placed in their lap.

#14 2008-12-09 10:59:29

I have never talked in any kind of code.  I have trouble sticking with plain English. 
No secret meeting for me.  It was very annoying this summer when ragman found out about meetings and then for months, even though there was nothing secret about the meetings, wrote on and on about the secret meetings.

I think this website has been a relief for many posters and readers.  I hope you keep it up and running.

#15 2008-12-09 13:25:10

The Reason We Are In This Mess Is Not Because Of Secrets Or Codes. The Reason We Are In This Mess Is Because We Had Good People Elected To This Town And They Had The Towns Best Interest In Their Hearts But When They Tried To Fight Against An Upcoming Selectman Nobody Stood Behind These People And Supported Them And The Result Was What We Have Today.

#16 2008-12-09 22:24:51

Amen

#17 2008-12-09 22:58:38

About two or more years ago, our select board included a long time library director, a former school committee member, a contractor, and a former prudential committee member who is now the treasurer for the City of New Bedford.  The town departments were adequately funded, the town departments were staffed and employees and volunteers all worked together.

Flashforward to today.  Now all we have is a Road Rageaholic, a Disgruntled Brocktonite, a Bourne Resident, the Wife of the World's Worst Moderator, and A Guy Who Copped a Plea to a Dirt Thievery Rap.  Every town department has been gutted.  We have money to sue anyone that looks at the selectmen cockeyed, but not enough to pay for cops, librarians, and senior workers. (Keep in mind we're told we don't have enough money, even though a big ass property tax generating mall just came online) Every town department head, and other town employees and volunteers, have either been fired, quit from frustration, or have had attempts of removal made against them.  Entire boards have been disbanded or eliminated altogether.  The ones that are left are micromanaged to the slightest detail.

How did we get here?

Well, what happened to the good citizens that used to work hard for the town?  The Ragman systematically destroyed them and other good citizens through a campaign of character assasination.  He shouted from the rooftops they were all guilty of everything under the sun.  Lie, after lie, after lie.

To this day, has any government agency of any kind ever agreed with the Ragman? NO.  For all the Ragman's screaming at the top of his lungs at all the evil corruption, not one of these people were ever given any kind of sanction or penalty or any kind of finding against them by any government body.  Period.   

The Nazis moved through Europe because every other country said "Well, as long as its not my country, it's ok."  Sadly, the people of Wareham did the same thing.  Everyone stood back as one by one, the Ragman and his cronies spread lie after lie after lie about our town's good citizens.  Most people figured, "Well, I'm not going to complain....as long as it's not me."

The former selectmen all gave up, couldn't deal with the frustration anymore.  And the Ragman and his cronies did not stop there.  One by one, they went after citizen after citizen...person by person...anyone who dissented.  People finally started raising an eyebrow when he went after John Wylde, who is pretty much close to being a Saint.

The reason why people are now trying to form an opposition is simple - enough people were finally screwed over by this regime or trash talked by the Rag that there's enough people to form a movement.

WWII could have been stopped if Europe stood up against Hitler in the beginning.  This mess in Wareham could have been prevented had enough people stood up right at the beginning and said, "Ragman, you're a nutjob, and we're not putting up with you spreading lies about our town's good citizens like this."

The best time to stop a monster is right at the start.  Once the monster has grown into an overinflated beast, it's alot tougher.

Keep in mind that in the 2007 election, the town had the choice between a UMASS Vice-Chancellor or the Dirt Thief.

They chose the Dirt Thief.  That's the point that we've now reached in this town.

Almost makes you wonder if saving the town is even possible at this point.  Perhaps we all should call it quits and move to new towns.

All I know is, if we ever are able to bring back order to this chaotic mess, we all need to pledge that we all won't sit back silently while nutjobs attack good people.

What was that old poem?  "They came after these people, I wasn't one of them, then at the end, when they came after me, there was no one left to help me."  I'll have to look that poem up.

We can't stand back and say "It's ok as long as the nutjob doesn't come after me."  If one lesson comes from this whole ordeal, it is that sooner or later, the nutjob will come after you.

At least, that's what we cats hear.

Last edited by SaveTheKitties (2008-12-09 23:14:19)

#18 2008-12-10 04:43:50

IHATESLAGER wrote:

The Reason We Are In This Mess Is Not Because Of Secrets Or Codes. The Reason We Are In This Mess Is Because We Had Good People Elected To This Town And They Had The Towns Best Interest In Their Hearts

Really? Wareham's voters didn't think so. The pervasive view I heard was the town's previous administration was defined by the same narrow and partisan self interest we see today, with maybe a more civil veneer.

I've watched this town closely most of my life, from the inside out, and that's how it looked to me, too. Sweetheart contracts and kickbacks, shaddy horse trading, cooking the books, and nothing above board or as it was meant to appear.

IHATESLAGER wrote:

But When They Tried To Fight Against An Upcoming Selectman Nobody Stood Behind These People And Supported Them And The Result Was What We Have Today.

Because y'all haven't inspired any confidence.

How would you change things?

#19 2008-12-10 08:31:08

Bill,

I think you may have bought into some of the Ragman's crap.  I understand most newsmen like yourself are cynical towards every side of government, not just one side like the Ragman, so at least that's an improvement.

But the dirty little secret that nobody wants to admit is that our town government is run by a Rag.  We don't have a mayoralty, we dont have a selectman system, we have a Ragocracy.  If you kiss the Ragman's ass, then you have a political career for life in Wareham.  Disagree and the Rag will smear you into oblivion.

That's why many people in the previous administration left.  How long can a person stomach reading lie after lie after lie in the Rag about them?

That's the reason why no one good runs now.  They've seen the smear tactics that the Rag has absolutely no problem using and they don't want to put themselves through it.  And we're not talking about the usual criticism that any paper will give.  Of course people in public life have to accept that.  No, we are talking about OUTRIGHT LIES.  Disagree with the ruling regime and you will be smeared into oblivion.

How can anybody inspire confidence when the moment you open your mouth against this board you are torn to shreds in the rag?  And again, I'm not talking about criticism, I'm talking about outright lies.

If you're not convinced, look at your own experience.  The minute this site started to take off, the Ragman labeled you "an absolute nutjob that was trying to shake him down for money." 

I don't think you're a nutjob and I don't think you're trying to shake the Ragman down for money.  But the Ragman has no problem spreading that to protect himself.  And he has no problem spreading lies about anyone who will challenge the selectmen.

People don't inspire confidence because most good candidates see this climate and realize that having your reputation smashed just to run for a seat on a volunteer board just isn't worth it.

#20 2008-12-10 09:44:01

I voted for some of the selectmen who are now serving.  I would never vote for 4 of the 5 again.  When we go to the voting booth, we do our very best to pick the best possible candidate, but most often, we vote and we hope for the best.  And savethe kitties is correct, who wants to be subject to the constant jeers and smears from the rag...

#21 2008-12-10 11:11:07

i cant stand most of them but the reality is that i dont think many on the bos would do some of the things they do if they had not followed the lead of the blowhard.

with the ragmans help and support he has weilded power like an uninpunable 4 year old/

this has empowered the others to feel that they can get away with it too.

and why wouldnt they nothing happens. 

all these sauvegeau stories were out there in the last election. the people are just tone deaf to this stuff until the place starts falling apart. 
people dont care about services and taking pride in your town anymore all they hear is how much are my taxes and will they go up.

maybe im a synic but im losing hope

#22 2008-12-10 12:06:09

SaveTheKitties wrote:

If you're not convinced, look at your own experience.  The minute this site started to take off, the Ragman labeled you "an absolute nutjob that was trying to shake him down for money."

Nutjob is always debatable. After all, I live in Wareham!

I did try to shake down Slager, and for 500 $oft$hell clams, at that. He'd just completed his masterful extortion of the Courier's parent company and I figured my stoopid-tax lien was cheap at the twice the price.

And, just as Slager alleges, I also applied for a job, not that I ever had any intention of following through. I don't work for pond scum, or at least not since I was young and ignorant.

Look, I just broke one of my fingers have to run and get it set. While I'm gone, why not answer my one and only question?

How would you change things? Because I really don't want to start telling stories no one wants to hear.

#23 2008-12-10 17:35:27

I think the most immediate change to our town government has to be to bring back civility and diplomacy.  Look at the sheer number of volunteers and employees that have either been axed for disagreeing or just got fed up and quit because they couldn't handle the selectmen's crap anymore.  Look at McAulliffe - they've sacked so many people they're starting to sack the people they hired to replace the people they sacked.

At this point, if there was a candidate running that I disagreed with on every issue but at the same time, I could trust to not go on the attack against people over every last disagreement, I'd vote for that candidate. 

But my main point - Wareham will never change for the better until the Rag is kaput.  Good candidates will not come forward to run because they don't want to be trashed.  Losers will always come out on top because they'll kiss the Ragman's ass and he'll write them up like the second coming.  And sadly, the people who believe every word they read in black and white will eat it up with a spoon.

Luckily, through his gross incompetence and lack of business sense, the Rag appears ready to go belly up within the next month or so.

Anyway, perhaps this is another discussion we'll all have to agree to disagree on.  And maybe we could move some of this political stuff to the main forum.

Because these cats have some more escape stories to tell.

Last edited by SaveTheKitties (2008-12-10 17:38:18)

#24 2008-12-10 18:10:29

SaveTheKitties wrote:

I think the most immediate change to our town government has to be to bring back civility and diplomacy.

Putting lipstick on a pig, again, without addressing the issues that led us here?

SaveTheKitties wrote:

But my main point - Wareham will never change for the better until the Rag is kaput.  Good candidates will not come forward to run because they don't want to be trashed.

That attitude seems vaguely insulting. Slager's enterprise will turn toes up no matter what he does and who will mourn his loss? The Catlady? Sauvageau, who's own days are numbered?

Give voters more credit. They've seen through Slager's theatrics by now. I know three people who shaved their preferred candidates for Brucey's BOS seat just this morning. They're betting on it. Sauvageau is toast.

SaveTheKitties wrote:

Anyway, perhaps this is another discussion we'll all have to agree to disagree on.  And maybe we could move some of this political stuff to the main forum.

Because these cats have some more escape stories to tell.

If the multiple usernames disappear, you'll know why. I got my introduction to networked computers almost 40 years ago five miles south of here and haven't much patience for getting my chain yanked. Ok?

#25 2008-12-10 18:33:16

/

Last edited by SaveTheKitties (2008-12-10 20:52:12)

#26 2008-12-10 18:35:53

The BOS has no respect and are condescending to people.  Whose responsibility is it to see that people who are to appear before the BOS are properly notified?  Should every citizen in Wareham run around informing anyone who might send him or her a notice what their proper mailing address is in case some day they need to be summoned to appear before the BOS?  Well according to the woman brought to tears about a tounge in cheek blog, that's what people should do...because after all, we the citizens are always wrong (unless we can be used against some department head).  Apparently her response to the man who did not get a notice to go before the BOS because it was sent to his home address.  He did not get it because Onset does not have delivery.  According to wickedlocal, “I strongly suggest that you and Charlie find out where your mail goes,” Selectman Brenda Eckstrom said.  Obviously, if it is not delivered to his mailbox, then it goes back to wherever it came.  How can he be responsible?  I am assuming, of course, that the licensing people have his mailing address but just didn't use it....

#27 2008-12-11 05:21:13

I expect to spend whatever free time I have between now and new years compiling capsule bios of our selected felons based on your research but Wareham has already squandered too many years focused on these inept crooks.

Can't we at least begin discussing the pressing issues we were forced to ignore thanks to Bruce, and his future prison mates?

#28 2008-12-11 13:06:34

billw wrote:

Can't we at least begin discussing the pressing issues we were forced to ignore thanks to Bruce, and his future prison mates?

That went over like a lead balloon, didn't it? Yeah, my bad.

Hang on, though, the Rag is sure to have its share of giggles this afternoon. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com