#1 2008-12-05 21:12:20

By the Cat Lady...

I happened to be downtown last Saturday evening just before 6 and couldn’t understand why there were so many cars parked on the street. Usually on Saturday the streets and sidewalks are rolled up somewhere around noon. Then I remembered - the Polar Express.....

Wasn't it you Liz that reported this in the paper last week?  Alzheimers is in full swing.

I don’t drive fast, but I beat the train back to Wareham center. I have no idea what compelled me to do that, but it was worth it, hearing the reflections of children, hand in hand with adults, reminiscing about their adventure.....

She heard that cat food was on sale at Shaws.  And while she was in the area...

A Rite Aid clerk, my favorite, reminded me to look out to see the special planet/moon configuration on Saturday evening. Another night at another at DDs someone told me it wouldn’t happen for 47 more years. Clearly I won’t be around to see it then, so I watched. Despite the dark clouds intermittently hiding either the moon or the planets - Jupiter and Venus? (I can’t remember since I hadn’t heard anything about it before the excited locals told me about it), all I can say is thanks to the two of them.

Liz, you can't see past Uranus

The Main Street planters that were filled with blooming materials over the summer months are now filled to overflowing with winter greens and they look both pretty and festive in their simplicity. Thanks again to the Wareham Garden Club for their efforts in making the town a better looking place.

Now if the garden club can come by Liz's house and trim back the 15 years of overgrowth.

Flagstaff Square in Onset and the Village Green and Besse Park look festive. I think Mark Gifford’s crew is to thank for it.

Quickly we forget about the dead swan that Mark Gifford's crew missed.

#2 2008-12-05 21:19:28

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

#3 2008-12-05 21:34:11

"Another night at another at DD's?" What?  Fire that lousy proofreading chimp!!!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com