#1 2008-12-04 16:53:56

The most common headlining obituaries anymore are newspapers themselves.

Wareham is on the bleeding edge and could tell the more urban parts of the country a thing or three about those pitfalls.

We get no news anymore unless we write it ourselves.

Are you interested in seeing a daily police blotter and local obituaries appear here? It's work, I know, and it takes some time but there really is nothing to it.

Let me put it another way. Want to see THE Whining Observer turns tits up and croak ahead of schedule?

Last edited by billw (2008-12-04 19:02:14)

#2 2008-12-05 08:18:54

It's funny, in all the years Ragman has set up shop in Wareham now, he's always sure to trip over himself rushing to Brucey's defense, either in in his paper or even on other paper's websites if he has to.  He had a scathing criticism of Haupt right after he letter came online.

He does all that for Bruce, yet he's never bothered to print a school lunch menu, or a school bus schedule, wedding and birth announcements, movie showtimes, etc - all stuff that people might pick up a paper for even if they plan on glossing over the "hooray for brucey" schtick.

Alas, Ragman is probably taking notes on how to improve his rag as we speak.  So yeah I think blogger and obits are fine for this site, but I do hate to give the Ragman ideas on how to keep his rag afloat.  A talentless loser hack like the Ragman wouldn't think of them on his own.

You're right, we practically did write his cheers and jeers column for him this week.

#3 2008-12-05 08:41:47

Hamatron5000 wrote:

So yeah I think blogger and obits are fine for this site, but I do hate to give the Ragman ideas on how to keep his rag afloat.

I meant the police blotter; who got busted where for what on any given day. Always entertaining, partly because some cops have real crime writing talent.

Back in the day, neophyte reporters were routinely assigned to canvass local funeral homes and drop by at the local PD on their way to the office, where their first order of business was to proof and rewrite. Anymore, I assume they're printed as-is, unedited.

Great way to learn. Got so I did it with my eyes closed, half asleep and hung over. Nekid, too, if it came to that.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com