#1 2008-11-29 11:35:32

Rosebud? Citizen Kane?

Sorry, s'all I got.

#2 2008-11-30 22:48:02

CHEERS
Real library supporters - A group of local residents are now organizing to raise funds and volunteer their services directly to the Wareham Free Library, the way the existing so-called library support groups HAVE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS.  During Town Meeting there wERE SOME WHO POINTED OUT SOME PROBLEMS WITH USING VOLUNTEER LABOR. It sounded like complete nonsense to us. [WHAT'S WITH THE US - IS HE THE REPORTER OR A PART OF THE SMEAR CAMPAIGN GROUP?]  So a small group is forming.  SOME WILL VOLUNTEER AND RAISE FUNDS BECAUSE THERE IS KINDNESS IN THEIR HEART AND THEY CARE ABOUT THE COMMUNITY.  OTHERS WILL JOIN THE GROUP TO CONTINUE WITH THE SMEARS AND JEERS THAT HAVE BECOME SO FAMILIAR AND REPORTED ON SO ZEALOUSLY. Acting library director Susan Pizzolato IS A CREDIT TO THIS COMMUNITY AND A FINE EXAMPLE OF PROFESSIONALISM.   THE BOS  should welcome such PROFESSIONALISM with open arms.  If THEY DON'T, THEY should be RECALLED immediately. There is no room for power games at the library. It’s too important a commodity.

Last edited by Mixie (2008-11-30 22:52:28)

#3 2008-12-01 05:51:13

Mixie...

Doesn't make much sense to ignore the deep, abiding resentment a lot town folk feel for the library and its staff - people who, as a rule, have never set foot in the place - because these are Wareham residents who may not read but have proven they can vote.

I've said this before but I'll repeat myself until it gets through: Slager/Sauvageau did not metastasize in a vacuum. The Wareham library won't get an unexamined free pass again, and operational transparency is not a bad thing.

There are few alive who have more reason than me in seeing that the library thrive. I am a rabid reader; also an atheist for whom libraries are my only house of worship. I've lived all over creation and everywhere I've moved, proximity to the local public library was always foremost in my mind.

I now live directly across the street from the Wareham Free Library, where my family's 300 year Wareham history lives in documents, in books and bequests. I could hit it with a rock, if I were so inclinced.

If  the library's minders ever put their own self interest above the town's AGAIN and make its treasures vulnerable AGAIN, rocks are the least of their worries.

Selah

#4 2008-12-01 11:02:04

Bill,

As I've said, I think the beauty of this website is that it provides a place where people can debate, disagree, and still at the end of the day, be able to not have hard feelings and be able to get that hypothetical beer.

That's opposed to the environment created by the Rag - where if you vocalize any disagreement with the selectmen, the Rag will go after you.

So respectfully, I disagree with your statement that the library's minders "put their own self interest over the town and made the library's treasures vulnerable."  They never did that.

I'd have to hear how you feel they did that to reply further.

#5 2008-12-01 11:33:54

Hamatron5000 wrote:

So respectfully, I disagree with your statement that the library's minders "put their own self interest over the town and made the library's treasures vulnerable."  They never did that.

I've written on this subject elsewhere but let's bury Bruce and Bob before we publicly reexhume the library.

#6 2008-12-01 15:55:42

BillW wrote
Slager/Sauvageau did not metastasize in a vacuum.

With all due respect, I think what Bruce and ragman do in the privacy of their own vacuum, is their own business.

#7 2008-12-01 16:29:12

Mixie wrote:

With all due respect, I think what Bruce and ragman do in the privacy of their own vacuum, is their own business.

What they did, in the privacy of their own vacuum, was convince voters the town's administration was inept, arrogant and self dealing. In fact, they were so persuasive they were able to pack the BOS with their own cronies.

Events have proven their alternative was worse but the truth - as tough as it is to swallow - they were right.

#8 2008-12-01 19:05:34

Went and insulted everyone, didn't I?

Never let anyone say I'm not an equal opportunity curmudgeon, a chronically cranky yankee with a perpetually jaundiced world view.

I've seen lots better and lots worse coast to coast from newsrooms in every continental time zone, with one notable difference. Wareham is my home and y'all will have to pot me here because I am not leaving.

It's categorically untrue, though, that I once ass-ended a late model car with a 'Marion Is Better' bumper sticker. I just dreamed I did.

#9 2008-12-01 19:33:27

BillW wrote: Events have proven their alternative was worse but the truth - as tough as it is to swallow - they were right.

Bill, I have a little trouble understanding exactly what you are saying.  Are you saying that Bruce and his cronies were correct in stating that there were some problems with the past administration, but what we have now is worst than what we had before - even with the problems of thr past?  (This is a serious question)

#10 2008-12-01 20:22:48

Personally, I think the people on the former board were all hard working good people, whereas the current regime is a bunch of overinflated ego having power corrupt wannabe gangsters and attention whores hiding under the Ragman's biased skirt.

But that's just one man's opinion.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-12-01 20:24:46)

#11 2008-12-01 20:44:45

Mixie wrote:

Are you saying that Bruce and his cronies were correct in stating that there were some problems with the past administration, but what we have now is worst than what we had before - even with the problems of thr past?

Not exactly. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig... to coin a phrase.

The grim truth is, the clowns associated with Slager/Sauvageau haven't a single brain between them and are liable to cause LESS damage than previous iterations of the Wareham BOS.

In a big city, it's a different story. In a town this size, you can not hide slimy deals, regardless of affluence or general level of education. People talk. Hell, you can't shut them up.

So to answer your question, no, the problems are the same and never went away.

Wareham doesn't need a new form of government. It needs greater operational transparency so voters don't keep shuffling the deck every election and drawing thieving losers every time.

#12 2008-12-02 07:29:29

Attention, Pat: Check to see that member accounts didn't get crossed linked during the move, ok? I just found myself posting as -you-.

billw wrote:

In a big city, it's a different story. In a town this size, you can not hide slimy deals, regardless of affluence or general level of education. People talk. Hell, you can't shut them up.

I know I sound like a sanctimonious jerk when I say stuff like this, whether anyone listens or not. The simple fact is most people rarely act on the news stories they read anyway, whether it's true or not.

News for most is entertainment and blatant villany just gives them some to blame. Meanwhile, voter participation continues it downward spiral and now circles the drain.

Hey, screw y'all, I earned my citizen cynicism the hard way!

#13 2008-12-02 08:16:35

All I know is, thanks to the Ragman, our current board consists of a Road Rageaholic, a Brainless Brocktonite, a Bourne Resident, the Wife of the Worst Moderator in the History of Moderation, and A Guy who Copped a Plea to a dirt thievery rap.

Keep in mind in the 2007 election, Wareham voters were given the choice between a UMass Vice-Chancellor and a Dirt Thief.

They chose the Dirt Thief.

Reap what ye sew, voters.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-12-02 08:17:17)

#14 2008-12-02 09:39:34

Thats what happens when you fill the polls and town meeting with the trailer parks.  Real taxpayers voted against these people.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com