#1 2008-11-28 06:35:58

Fellow Bloggers, Bob Slager Is Not The Only One That Has A Right To Free Speech. If We Want To Send Letters Expressing Our Intent Of A Boycott To A Particular Store That Sells Or Advertises With The Observer We Can. That Is Our Right As Consumers. If We Want To Telephone Or Tells These Business Owners In Person That Is Our Right. Ragman You Are A Sick And Twisted Individual. You Are Not Going To Stifle My Right To Free Speech. I Have Those Rights Too. Just Because You Put Out A Rag Doesnt Mean You Are The Only One Who Gets To Talk. Please People Write, Stop In, Call To The Businesses Who Sell Or Advertise With The Rag And Express Your Intentions And Then Act Through. It Worked In Marion. Together They Did An Effective Boycott. Thats Why It Is Still Free Because He Knew They Would Not Pay For His Crap. Together We Can Put An End To This Rag Once And For All. Ragman I Have Free Speech Too!!!

#2 2008-11-28 07:53:33

Good for you, SlagaHata, please spread the word to rag boycotters everywhere that they have plenty of support.  The Ragman's threats will not work.  He will not intimidate us into shopping at places we do not want to shop.  We have the constitutional right to do businesses and to not do businesses with whoever we want.

#3 2008-11-28 08:22:17

Well I Brought Forward Several News Items About Slager Including Not Paying Liz And Being Behind On His Rent At His Office But The Only Thing He Disputes Is That He Is Not Getting A Divorce. I Guess He Admits The Other Facts Since He Didnt Dispute Those. Boycott Boycott Boycott!!!!

#4 2008-11-28 08:29:25

SlagaHata,

I noticed that too, that he didn't deny being close to being evicted from his office or not paying the Catlady.  While the Cat Lady has been ok with her boss lying through his teeth constantly, she obviously won't let him lie and say he paid her.  Remember her motto?  Cat Lady - opinion for hire.  As the Ragman gets later and later with his payments to the Cat Lady, the Cat Lady will continue to spread gossip on the Ragman - much to our benefit!

PS Ragman, stop worrying about the blogs - the real source of info is the Catlady, how else would we know that your landlord is one of her friends and she feels your lack of rent payment has strained the friendship? 

Unpaid off Catladies talk up a blue streak, Ragman!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-11-28 08:35:38)

#5 2008-11-28 09:30:27

I too find it interesting that the ragman claims that a boycott is an attempt to stifle free speech, when in actuality HE is the one attempting to stop free speech. So sad. Speaking out to business owners that you do not agree with them supporting a newspaper/product/individual or whatever is called Fair Trade. The ragman's claim that people who do so are wrong in what they are doing is the same as say you find out that your day care provider is sacrificing puppies in satanic rituals and if you dare say anything to anyone else you are violating the daycare providers freedom of expression and freedom of religion. The whole thing is crazy, but expected, he should really seek professional psychological help, all the signs are there of persecution complex, paranoid dilutions, etc.

#6 2008-11-28 11:02:22

Flox,

Just a brief history as far as I can tell, there never really was a Boycott Part 1.  A bunch of blogsters started chatting back and forth about how they avoid businesses that support the Rag.  The Ragman, dumbass that he is, blew a gasket and announced (to the town, the world, and the advertisers and businesses, because only a handful of people had seen those postings), that there was a full scale boycott against him spurred on by rival newspapers out to get him (you know, the same papers that gave him the heave-ho.)

The blogsters got a kick out of reading the Ragman go nuts, so they kept up the talking about the boycott, and the Ragman played right into it, kept promoting the boycott against him.  Then I think he realized his stupidity, so he spinned it into "I am the big bad Ragman, I have crushed a boycott!"

Now, flash forward ahead to the present.  I think there is a chance for a boycott to catch on.  Before, the Rag had a large free circulation area.  That made it hard for boycotters....if you need groceries, you have to go to Shaws or Stop and Shop, etc.

But now, the Ragman, due to his gross financial incompetence and lack of any businesses sense, has cut his circulation area by at least 60 percent, taking away many locations just in the hopes that he can make a buck charging for his rag.

So now there's only what, about a dozen or so places left?  Those places are easily avoidable.  For example, while before, Rite Aid and CVS both put out the Rag, leaving you no choice if you needed a drug store, you can now easily boycott Rite Aid (who carries the Rag) and go to CVS (which no longer carries the Rag).

At any rate, don't cower to the Ragman's threats and pathetic attempts at intimidation.  We have the right to shop where we want.  If these businesses agree with the Ragman that we are not welcome in this town because of our political views, then they should not welcome our money either.

Of course, we should all be respectful, not engage in harrasment or intimidation - crap like that would only help the Ragman and anyone who does it should be condemned.  But there's nothing wrong with a respectful boycott campaign.  And the Ragman can threaten all he wants, the more threats he makes, the stronger the boycott will grow.

#7 2008-11-28 11:37:32

That is exactly what Slager does.  If it's not his thoughts or ideas, he tries to shut you down by saying your wrong and he's the victim.  He's all for freedom of speech, as long as it's not yours.  Two years of that bullshit is enough!

It's all threats, it's all distraction.  The way he has operated for the last two years has been, why would this week be different.

I'm all for the boycott.  The more heat the better.  It's time that the intelligent people of Wareham speak up against the morons.

Sure Slager didn't mention the rent or the cat lady's pay, but I'm willing to bet the divorce information is true.  His response to that claim was a direct compliment to his wife.  Any man desperate to stop his wife from leaving him will say and do anything to make her reconsider.  Moron. 

I'd say I hope she takes him to the cleaners, but I think he's already there.

#8 2008-11-28 12:49:54

All too funny... Yes he seems to be against everyone's free speech but his own, which in reality is freedom of the press, but he probably does not know the difference. And the word censorship was thrown in although no one said he did not have the right to publish, just that they would choose to spend their money with businesses that did not support journalistic terrorism. Perhaps a dictionary would be a good Christmas present.

The editorial this weeks seems to say something about hate, hmmmm... reading between the lines I think he hates this website, again, no one else can have free speech I guess. By the way, love is the opposite of hate, once again a dictionary is a really hand item for someone who wants to be a writer when they grow up. Pity and indifference or contempt are antonyms, I know that's a big word but it means opposites ragman. Just because you write something down does not make it a fact.

One other thing I noticed, being a Brie eating Marionite, the Tritown rag is offering half price ads for anyone who prepays, can you say fire sale. First, there was the subscription drive, then charging for the paper, now half price ads... sounds like everything must go, no offer refused. But, to quote the ever powerful rag, that's just my opinion here and I'm exercising my freedom of speech.

#9 2008-11-28 14:06:30

Flox

I didn't know you were a Marionite but I think it's great you are here and I hope you'll tell your brie cheese chomping friends to sign up and chime in as well.  (I mean the brie jokes all in good fun of course).

I'm not very up on the issues in Marion, but I read the Tri-Town Rag and I can instantly read between the lines and figure out the truth from what the Ragman is saying.  I was particularly amused when your town administrator wrote a letter to the editor stating an article was incorrect, and the Ragman wrote a full page column that the town administrator was trying to make his elderly reporter cry.  Newsflash - not good for you to suggest that your reporters cry at the slightest complaint, Ragman.  Complaints are part and parcel of the journalism trade. 

I also heard that he actually got up and spoke at your Marion selectmen's meeting and acted like a complete moron.

You all did a great job over there in working together to boycott the Rag.  It's clear that the Tri town area is a place where the Ragman realizes he need not bother charging for his rag.  Unfortunately, we Warehammers can't be as up front because the Ragman and our corrupt board of selectmen work together hand in hand. 

Anyway, I think it would be great if Wareham Rag Haters and Marion Rag Haters start coordinating their efforts and sharing their stories.  Sure, our towns may have their differences, but I think we all agree the Rag is a total disgrace.

#10 2008-11-28 15:08:34

I Told The Fellow Bloggers That He Contacted An Attorney About Custody Issues Regarding Divorce. Could They Have Reconciled Sure It Happens Alot But It Is True They He Contacted An Attorney. He Never Denied That And That Is What I Said In The First Place. He Denied He Was Getting A Divorce. He Is Past Due On His Rent And He Hasnt Paid Liz In Weeks. Word Play On The First One And Not A Peep On The 2nd And 3rd.

#11 2008-11-28 16:05:55

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Flox

I also heard that he actually got up and spoke at your Marion selectmen's meeting and acted like a complete moron.

That he did, at the meeting with the state over the Marion EMS issues. At that meeting he told the EMS department head from the state that the states interpretation of the law was wrong and that his we correct. He also kept shouting "you're slandering me, you're slandering me." Whenever anyone spoke ill of the rag. One advertiser got up and stated that he had repeatedly requested for his advertisement to be removed from the rag and the ragman responded that he was contractually obligated to run the ad, huh?

I'm sure that my comments will be attributed to being an EMS member or selectmen that the ragman has crossed, but I'm not, just someone who feel that the type of writing in the rag is detrimental to our community.

#12 2008-11-28 16:27:41

Flox, that's just too funny.  Here in Wareham, he regularly accuses the Wareham library of being a criminal organization.

Ambulance drivers and librarians - the scourge of the universe, at least in the Ragman's eyes.  (Also just shows you that his bullsh$%t comes in the same ready made pre-packaged formula.)

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-11-28 16:28:52)

#13 2008-11-28 18:52:29

The Ragman complaining that other people are slandering HIM.  Irony's a bitch.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-11-28 18:53:06)

#15 2008-11-29 17:26:40

So let's get this straight - in Marion, he crusades against the EMS as if it were a criminal organization.  In Wareham, he crusades against the library as if it were a criminal organization.

The Rag papers - Nothing but 100 % pure grade A pre-packaged formulaic bullshit.

#16 2008-11-29 18:57:25

I could have this wrong but Slager didn't appear to burn his sources here in Wareham until the Boston Herald clinched their exhortion deal to terminate the Bulletin's publication. And as long as he's had the BOS to cover for him here in Wareham, he's had license to lie to his heart's content.

But Marion, where he's obviously not preaching to a choir? There's no percentage. The guy is clearly cracked.

#17 2008-11-29 19:25:07

Bill,

Even in the "Pre-Cursor Rag Days", the Ragman spewed out his crap.  It was even then all "Brucey is great this" and "people who disagree with Brucey are evil" that.  When newspaper companies fall asleep at the switch, reporters like the Ragman are the result.

#18 2008-11-29 19:50:23

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Even in the "Pre-Cursor Rag Days", the Ragman spewed out his crap.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, wrongheaded or not. I was describing something more fundamental. Priests have the confessional, cops have their snitches and reporters have their sources. When they violate them, they're fucked, defunct, out of business in short order, and beyond any prayer of papal indulgence.

#19 2008-11-29 20:10:16

Slager And The Bunch Are Completely Cooked/  Rumor Has It The Ags Office Is Coming Monday For Minutes Depositions And Every Piece Of Paper That Has Ever Graced The Executive Offices Chamber.  Supposedly They Have Already Been Monitoring The Shenanigans Around Here And There May Be More Legal  Issues Than We Realized

#20 2008-11-29 20:49:52

oneeardog wrote:

Rumor Has It The Ags Office Is Coming Monday For Minutes Depositions And Every Piece Of Paper That Has Ever Graced The Executive Offices Chamber.

They won't find much. Previous BOS claimants have BRAGGED about their document bonfires upon leaving office. If your rumor is true, though, forgive me for saying so but it's about fucking time the AG responded to all the bells we've rung trying to get their attention. I have more personal loathing for the AG's office than all the selectswine put together. Trust me, they're scum.

#21 2008-11-29 21:05:50

Hamatron5000 wrote:

The Ragman complaining that other people are slandering HIM.  Irony's a bitch.

How can anyone slander the rag?  Defending oneself or telling the truth is not slander.
Defination of slander:
Charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone

#22 2008-11-30 13:16:18

Oneear,

You got me curious so I did some asking around and what the AG is looking for is a DOOZY!!!  Let's hold off on discussing details, I don't want to give those clowns the chance to shred the evidence but damn, when this gets out, there's going to be a few of these clowns in big, big trouble and there's no way they'll be able to spin themselves out of this one.

It's an early Christmas this year!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-11-30 13:20:27)

#23 2008-11-30 13:25:01

Hamatron5000 wrote:

You got me curious so I did some asking around and what the AG is looking for is a DOOZY!!!  Let's hold off on discussing details,

Suppose there's enough there to hold off on the Beer Coaster print job?

#24 2008-11-30 14:55:35

I'm sure the headlines in the Rag will read:

AG'S OFFICE STOPS IN TO SAY HI

AG'S OFFICE MAKES UNSOLICITED VISIT TO HARASS SELECTMEN

SAUVAGEAU:  YOU MUST BE HERE FOR THE LIBRARY, POLICE DEPARTMENT, CEDA, MAPLE PARK, ETC....

Or just no mention at all....

#25 2008-11-30 16:26:45

If I could get a name and number of the AG looking for evidence.  There is a witness
to the destruction of Certified letters - Sauvageau & Hartman - two criminals who may have to spend their own money for lawyers.

#26 2008-11-30 17:13:23

http://buzzardsbay.net/discuss/image/2003-12-16-Tues_Wareham.Selectmen.jpg

2007-11-17: Thanksgiving Pilgrim -- Meanwhile, employees of the town - a large percent of Wareham's work force - cower in fear for their jobs. Some, who knew too much, have quit, moved and gone into hiding. In one such case, certified mail received by the Selectmen's office never arrived and cost the town a 2 million dollar court judgment. This is called Mail Fraud in other states but apparently ignored in Massachusetts. The secretary who signed for that mail quit her job last summer, immediately relocated and left no forwarding address.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/mailfraud.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2008-11-30 17:42:34)

#27 2008-11-30 19:57:36

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/467_animal-4.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#28 2008-12-01 11:44:59

This is too funny. 

She will probably need two chairs at the meeting tomorrow nite.  Does that mean she gets two votes?

At least her wardrobe is color coordinated.

#29 2008-12-01 12:59:17

Bruce Sauvegeau Quote On 11/18/2008 Selectmans Meeting. "we Will Waste Our Time As We See Fit"

Oh God You Sure Do!!!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com