#1 2008-11-21 21:53:21

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com is moving to a more reliable and secure server soon.

This site is a labor of love & loathing, in equal measure. It's free, absent any advertising or subscription, and will remain so.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#2 2008-11-24 08:06:32

Having trouble using this site? Please ask. The author of many of its features is around here somewhere.

Want an entirely different WarehamObserver color scheme?

From the top toolbar, click Profile. Then to the left, hit Display and finally, punch the Select your preferred style and up pops about a dozen alternatives.

Gowan, pull over. Ask for directions. Warehamers don't bite... too often. And those who do have had their shots.

#3 2008-12-02 09:05:07

The Messages prompt on the top tool bar allows you to send PRIVATE messages to other folks on the site.

A little circle around that prompt alerts you to a message someone has sent you.

#4 2008-12-02 09:11:24

Pat Riot wrote:

A little circle around that prompt alerts you to a message someone has sent you.

Crap. That alert doesn't work... yet.

#5 2008-12-02 09:49:38

Pat Riot wrote:

Pat Riot wrote:

Crap. That alert doesn't work... yet.

Fixed it.

You have received a new Private Message when you see the following at the top of your screen: https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/greenled.png

#6 2009-02-28 08:16:42

You Dont Intimidate Us Ragman. We Are Not Going To Stop. You Continue To Lie And Defame In Your Paper And We Are Here To Speak The Truth. Fuck You And Your Horse You Rode In On.

#7 2009-03-20 08:28:30

WarehamObserver's new front page will look something like this...

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/index_mar_09_6.php

#8 2009-03-20 09:06:31

That looks great Bill.  Good job.

#9 2009-03-20 10:16:59

commonsense wrote:

That looks great Bill.  Good job.

It does. A friend did it for me.

#10 2009-04-17 01:18:01

New registrations are choking on the indentify-the-distorted-image prompt. I'm on it.

#11 2009-04-17 03:21:24

That sucked but it's fixed.

#12 2009-07-23 23:09:23

Dear Mr.Slager,
        The first rule in jourmalism is to get your facts straight. You wrongfully reprted that I have a son. In fact,as I told you, I have two daughters. Two daughters who were deeply disturbed by what they witnessed last Friday.Also,you stated in this weeks paper that I said I knew the witness. I HAVE NEVER MET PAM MILLER BEFORE LAST FRIDAY.I told you that, though. The right thing for you to do would to be to print retraction in next weeks paper. What you do is completely up to you. I contacted you because I thought you were a decent guy. I contacted you because this is a story that needs to be told.
        Also,what happened or did not happen between my husband and Crimewatch is not the issue here at all. The facts will come out in court.I stand behind what I saw last Friday. I may be alot of things,but I am not a liar. I will show my girls that in this world,you have to stand up for what is right. My seven year old GIRL saw the same thing I saw.Is her vision skewed because daddy works atthe police station?I think not, Mr.Slager. I have no personal vendetta against Coleman. He was wrong and that is that. I just want to tell you that there were other witnesses to this event. Are we all liars?
                                          Sincerely,
                                                Kimberly Lake

#13 2009-07-23 23:29:32

Dear Mr.Slager,
        I am extremely disappointed in how I was perceived in the article that came out in todays paper. I quoted to you exactly what I saw. At that time, I had no clue who George Coleman was. I did not know that he was the director of the Onset Crimewatch. In fact, I only found out once I left the police station after giving my statement. Call me an idiott if you will,but I do not get involved with town politics or gossip. I simply do not like to see someone take advantage of their position and throw their weight around. i think that there should be a mandatory class on community policing. Mr.Coleman needs to work on his interpersonal skills.If my family needed help, as it stands right now, I would not be comfortable walking into the crimewatch office to get it. Hopefully,when you report on this again,you will take a nuetral position. I think we should all just wait and see what happens in court.

Sincerely,
                                   Oonagh Jacobsen

#14 2009-07-24 01:23:35

You go girls!  Don't back down.  If you do, what are you teaching your children?  That it is okay to let someone intimidate people, yell, scream and call people names?  Not to mention hitting someone with his car on purpose. 
I am proud that two residents are going to tell the truth of what they saw.  I wonder how many of these children who witnessed this are having nightmares when they nod off to sleep.  That was a very sad day for Wareham and Onset.

#15 2009-07-24 06:41:07

Dear Kim and Oonagh,
I am sorry that you have had to deal with the false statements of Slager. This is a man who has claimed numerous times that he ALWAYS tells the truth, yet has printed false statements on a regular basis. Many of us have proof of this.

If you want to do something about this town, come with the rest of us to the Middle School at 6:30 pm on July 30. Bring your family and friends. Many of us are disgusted that the board of selectmen continue to support crime watch. We are disgusted about the way they treat town employees and citizens. The list is long.

We are also trying to ignore Slager and his rag newspaper. He has hurt many good people in town with his constant lies. Again, this is not just opinion. Many of us have proof of his lies. Don't let him upset you. He is not worth it.

I admire you both for taking him on. He already had to print one retraction this week.

#16 2009-07-24 11:45:51

Thank you all for your support.We will be at the middle school. I have lived in Wareham since I was seven years old. My friend Oonagh moved here five years ago,because she feels likeit is the closest thing to Ireland ,as far as the way Wareham folk look out for each other.Like we have both stated before,we are not out to get Coleman. I wish with all my heart that we did not see what we saw last Friday. The fact remains is that we did see it,though. What burns me is that it is being impied that because my husband works at the police station,then in actuality I am suppposedly a liar.I am not mad at Mr.Slager. When we spoke on the phone there were six kids yelling in the background.Maybe he did not hear me well.Also,I am the fool that admittedly contacted him in the first place. I do know that if he does not print a retraction,I will NEVER READ THE OBSERVER AGAIN. I never knew Pam Miller .The first and only time I have ever saw her was at the free lunch program last Friday.I have nothing to gain by lying about that.I do not know why Mr.Slager wrongfully reported that I did.He talks about a darkness hiding in the town and the police just dying to nail Coleman. Dramatic reporting is what that is. I cannot and will not speak for the police,but I imagine it could not have been easy to arrest Coleman in the first place. On the other hand,there our laws that we all have to abide by,as citizens in this country..

#17 2009-11-30 17:19:50

The news cycle has slowed to a crawl and site traffic has doubled.

Don't ask me why.

My role here will change soon and y'all should know in advance.

The more active posters will assume complete control of front page post selection. I will manage art and hedlines until the moderators get up to speed on style.

I will remain, as always, your not-so-humble jailbait, so I may bark from time to time. (Please note: professional sports make me cranky.)

Feature stories and guest commentary will appear down the middle column.

Last edited by billw (2009-11-30 17:21:02)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com