#1 2012-03-17 10:02:58

Wareham Week reports Town Administrator Mark Andrews has resigned, effective April 16, to accept a similar position in Wenham, MA, a town of 5,000.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/wenham.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2012-03-17 10:15:19)

#2 2012-03-17 10:15:20

Best news I heard all day.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.  Please take your flunkies with you.  Why do I have a feeling that all of the Merrimack Valley lackies will now have a mass exodus from Wareham to Wrentham?

#3 2012-03-17 10:22:39

People, I hope this puts a little pep in your step to gear up for the election.

Think about it.  Sweet Brucey?  Voted out.  Cronie?  Voted out.  Brenda and Janey?  Too afraid of being voted out to run for the BOS.  Andrews?  Quit.  Bobo?  Paper failed - his paper stops, starts back up, and stops again more than a broken leafblower.  Mikey?  Quit - couldn't fulfill the duties he signed up for.

GET OUT THE VOTE!  Give Brucey the second defeat he deserves.  Vote for Slavin and Teitelbaum.  Then you'll have 4 good selectmen and 1 irrelevent one.

DO YOU REALIZE THIS ELECTION WE HAVE THE CHANCE TO FINALLY MAKE THE HYPOCRITE ELITE IRRELEVENT?  IRRELEVENT!!!!  This is their last shot at actually mattering in Wareham!  I hope you all realize that.  Show up at the polls, vote to keep their candidates out of office, and the 5 year nightmare will finally be over. 

You've got the chance now to render these fools irrelevant - a sad, tired and forgotten chapter in Wareham's history - put them in the rear view mirror and they'll be a part of Wareham's past and they'll have no place in Wareham's future.

Don't blow this chance - get out and vote.  Render the Hypocrite Elite irrelevant.

#4 2012-03-17 10:30:10

Enjoy it while you can. The train wreck Mark Andrews leaves behind is not pretty.

I posted the map because the north shore is, happily, merrily, the other side of the planet. Whoopie!

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/spacemanspiff3.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#5 2012-03-17 10:36:06

Merrimack Flunkies, polish up your resumes, there's jobs to be had in Wenham!

#6 2012-03-17 11:24:57

billw wrote:

Enjoy it while you can. The train wreck Mark Andrews leaves behind is not pretty.

Yes.. But forgive me if I "celebrate" this happy news today :)

#7 2012-03-17 11:55:10

hell dont they have google in wenham

#8 2012-03-17 16:31:53

He's getting closer to Maine....

#9 2012-03-17 16:36:33

Poor Mark, treated so badly (like the fugitive Selectman), who can blame him for leaving??..don't let the door to the Town hit either one of you in the aahhssss!!!

#10 2012-03-17 16:44:47

I wonder how many Towns, besides Wareham, in the Commonwealth, would hire a non-Town Administrator as their TA?

Seriously, what the hell are those people thinking of? Do they have internet in Wenham?

How much can they pay this guy? Is the Chief leaving too?

I am serious when I say I could not write a fiction novel and be believed if I told the tale of Wareham for the past thirty years!!

#11 2012-03-18 18:19:16

ST: Andrews resigns as Wareham town administrator
By MATT CAMARA
CONTRIBUTING WRITER
March 18, 2012 12:00 AM

WAREHAM — Town Administrator Mark Andrews announced his resignation Saturday morning during a special executive session with the Board of Selectmen.

"I have accepted an offer in Wenham as town administrator," Andrews told The Standard-Times during a phone interview Saturday afternoon. "My board has asked me to prepare a transition plan. I will have a two-month plan that will take us to the middle of May, and I will be presenting that Tuesday night (at the Select Board meeting)."

Andrews will begin his new job on April 16. He has served as town administrator since Dec. 2009.

Andrews publicly announced his resignation during a joint meeting of the Select Board, School Committee and Finance Committee Saturday morning.

"I still haven't had time to digest it," Selectman Cara Winslow said. "It wasn't expected. I had a good working relationship with him."

"We got a lot of things done," Andrews said. "We just got the (town's) first clean financial audit in three years."

Andrews counted among his successes an increase in public safety. He said that hiring Police Chief Richard Stanley, the Police Department's recent accreditation and putting seven more officers on the streets were all efforts he undertook to create a safer community.

Andrews' contract requires a 90-day notice if he intends to quit and the Select Board must vote to release him from that portion of his contract. Winslow said the board would take a public vote at this Tuesday's Selectmen's meeting.

"Those types of contracts tend to have long notice periods," Winslow said. "When they don't leave for a new job is when you'd hold them to that."

Winslow said that releasing Andrews from his contract was "nothing for people to worry about."

"I'm of the mindset that people need to do what's best for them," Winslow said. "I'm very happy for him and wish him luck at his next position."

Prior to coming to Wareham, Andrews was the budget and finance director in the city of Lawrence. He was hired in Wareham after being rejected as a candidate for Mattapoisett town administrator when issues surrounding his past surfaced there.

According to the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune, Andrews was arrested in Amesbury in January 2006 for operating under the influence. He was arrested for the same offense a second time on April 21, 2007, in Newburyport.

In June 2007, the Eagle-Tribune reported that Andrews had resigned from his then-position as vice president of administration at Northern Essex Community College after his arrest. Northern Essex has campuses in Haverhill and Lawrence.

When he was being considered for the local positions, Andrews told The Standard-Times about the charges: "The first was acquitted and the second was adjudicated and that's all I have to say."

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com