#1 2010-11-04 17:34:46

The five speakers I heard last night before I left in disgust were Claire Smith, K&P counsel Richard Bowen, Alan Slavin, Nan Miller,  and Bob Brady.

No Wareham resident should ever have to endure that.

Town meeting approaches night 7, right? Has it conducted ANY town business yet?

Please step down, Claire Smith. You are an embarrassment.

#2 2010-11-04 18:16:07

Don't like to disagree but I'd like to express my opinion.  I think Claire is doing a pretty good job.  She is trying and learning at the same time.  I did feel that 22 speakers on one article was a bit much, but the majority of those speakers (CRC) did a great job of digging their own graves.

I saw a lot of disgusted people in regard to all of those petty,  "proposed charter changes".  It was a waste of our time to have to listen to the CRC pushing their articles.  Monday night will be "game" 6.  Hopefully, we will get down to town business then.

#3 2010-11-04 20:55:22

Beach Plum wrote:

Don't like to disagree but I'd like to express my opinion.  I think Claire is doing a pretty good job.  She is trying and learning at the same time.

Then let's take Claire Smith at her word when she insisted, "This is my meeting!"

The composition of the CRC was a transparent fraud when it presented its proposals last Spring, their mission preordained before it began. Claire Smith could have and should have spiked it then and there. She didn't.

Why is pond scum like Richard Bowen at her ear?

I could continue but this is exhausting. Our moderator is Curly in a skirt.

#4 2010-11-04 21:01:48

Bill, you know I love you.

I told you why Claire may be intimidated, especially by Town Counsel.

They have a tendency to scare Town officials by telling them that they will be sued personally for any mistakes.

Tell Town Counsel what I told him when I was elected.

BULLSHIT!!

If you act in the best interests of the people of the Town of Wareham, for their health, welfare and safety, and you conduct a Town Meeting legally, screw the opinion of the Town Counsel.

How much money has this ass-wipe cost you this year?

How about last year?

How about NEXT year?

#5 2010-11-04 22:09:46

billw wrote:

Our moderator is Curly in a skirt.

Bill, are you trying to get your first "Cheer" from the A-Clown??

Far be it from me to defend the CRC and Bowen...but "special acts" legislation "allowed" them (CRC) to present the change to a mayoral form of government..it just wasn't (IMO) the usual/preferred way of doing it (and it was their intention to go this route from the start)..anyone remember me harping on how it should have been proposed (if at all) by an elected charter commission? So, I in no way hold Moderator Smith at fault in "allowing" it in the Spring.

I am in total disagreement with you on this, Bill. I think the Moderator has done a fine job. Though I (wholeheartedly) respect your right to state your feelings and opinions (Hell, I think that's what this/your site is all about)..I (just as strongly) reserve my right to disagree..and state my feelings/opinions as well.

Claire decided (only) after Andrea (and others) complained about your picture-taking to not allow it anymore (in fact, Claire initially defended it). I believe Rag-writer Andrea (and others) completely went off the deep end in the manner in which they stated their "concern"...I believe they should have (calmly) requested of the Moderator that you be asked to stop taking photos...and then the Moderator could have "made her ruling"..or put it to a vote of the body, perhaps. For those who've been saying that it (photography, in general) is "intimidating"..get a grip..Town Meeting is broadcast to thousands of households (whether they watch or not). There are no less than two video cameras..and audio, covering the entire process..so a few "still" photos should not be an issue...

At the risk of totally pissing you off, Bill. I believe the Moderator "made you very angry"...and you are lashing out...and for the record, I also disagree with you when you "bash" Cara..and Bob Brady, both of whom I believe to be intelligent people, who actively take part in our town, and attempt to exert a positive influence in town affairs. Well, there it is, Bill. Let the chips fall where they may. I will not get into a debate with you.. I've no interest..(and you'd probably pummel me anyway). We just disagree.

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-11-04 22:22:11)

#6 2010-11-04 22:34:14

Well, good for you P-Span.

You have no idea how you have made Bill's day!

The reason that Bill is like a brother to me is because I consider myself to be a cynic.

I am an optimist compared to Bill.

He hates everybody. (Not really, but that is his reputation....I think he likes it!).

People like Bill don't want anyone to kiss their ass. Bill wants to say what he wants to say and he doesn't care who likes it, or agrees with it, or not. He doesn't give a crap.

He is an intellect in the true sense of the word. He will hate that I am writing this, but I don't give a crap either.

He is one of the most introspective people I have ever known. His cynicism is based on his history and love of history. He is someone that you would trust to tell you the truth, no matter what you expected for an answer.

He is loyal, and totally committed to the very best  for the Town Of Wareham and it's future.

He hates politicians. He hates them because he doesn't believe them. He hates them because he thinks that each one of them has an agenda, and will use any means possible to accomplish their agenda, especially by taking advantage of this site.

He loves Statesmen.

He just doesn't know any.

Don't kiss his ass. Just tell him the truth.

Be real, like everyone on this site is expected to be...be honest, know your facts, and document what you know. The man has an investigative background...he doesn't believe in smoke and mirrors.

I know you hate I wrote this Bill...screw you!

Little apple throwin' bugger.

#7 2010-11-04 22:58:48

P-SPAN wrote:

At the risk of totally pissing you off, Bill. I believe the Moderator "made you very angry"...and you are lashing out...and for the record, I also disagree with you when you "bash" Cara..and Bob Brady, both of whom I believe to be intelligent people, who actively take part in our town, and attempt to exert a positive influence in town affairs.

Angry and depressed. I knew the name Claire Smith employed when she posted here, as do most of this site's regular contributors. If you don't feel betrayed, it's because you haven't gone back and reread the posts that got her elected.

I worried and kept quiet for six months. In Steve Holmes' case, I knew who he was and where his bread was buttered in June 2009, praying another challenger would knock him out of the race. What's more, Steve Holmes knew I knew. Appearances to the contrary, New Beige is a small place.

On all major issues before the BOS since April, Cara Winslow has voted with Eckstrom and Donahue, that is when she's not visiting Disney World, entertaining out of town visitors, or ranting anger on Facebook. Most galling, she supported that asinine computer audit.

We're all flawed, and we all have opinions. The worst crime though is the failure to keep each other honest.

No, I don't mean the now daily private ragging I get from Bob Brady. That's just picking fights.

Anyway, thank you.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2010-11-04 23:00:19)

#8 2010-11-04 23:07:25

You are a pistol, Bill :)

Now...let's hear some honest feedback for what Bill just stated. No BS...honest feedback.

Anyone else feel betrayed?

Let's hear it.

I have heard from many of you about the people that Bill mentioned.

I just haven't read anything until now. Let's get it over with...say what you have to say.

Bill did.

Put people on notice that if they are thinking of running for office that their feet will be held to the fire because of what took place a year ago.

Deception is over.

Bill truly is Diogenes...

His lamp is running low on fuel.

#9 2010-11-05 07:43:22

IT WAS PLAIN WRONG AND STUPID AND A WASTE OF MONEY TO VOTE FOR THE COMPUTOR ADUIT, ALSO IT WAS WRONG TO WASTE OUR TIME OF VOTING TO GIVE THE CHARTER REVIEW COMMITEE MORE TIME TO BRING THERE ASINE ARTICALS TO TOWN MEETING , HOWEVER THESE ACTIONS BY THE SELECTMEN SHOWED WHAT FOOLS BRENDA ,JANE AND THE CHARTER REVIEW COMMITEE ARE THEY AR#$%^&**(()&^^$%%%^^&&&@#$%%^^&&&*(*(^%%^&***&^&&**((((&&**%$##$%%^ ASS HOLES.

#10 2010-11-05 08:46:08

danoconnell wrote:

Bill truly is Diogenes...

His lamp is running low on fuel.

If not for Wikipedia..somtimes I wouldn't "get" you cultured folks' references..

Diogenes the Cynic (Greek: Διογένης ὁ Κυνικός, Diogenēs ho Kunikos) was a Greek philosopher and one of the founders of Cynic philosophy. Also known as Diogenes of Sinope (Greek: Διογένης ὁ Σινωπεύς, Diogenēs ho Sinōpeus), he was born in Sinope (modern-day Sinop, Turkey) in 412 or 404 BCE and died at Corinth in 323 BCE.[1]

Diogenes was one of the few men to ever publicly mock Alexander the Great and live. He intellectually humiliated Plato and was the only pupil ever accepted by Antisthenes, whom he saw as the true heir of Socrates. Diogenes taught his philosophy of Cynicism to Crates who taught it to Zeno of Citium who fashioned it into the school of Stoicism, one of the most enduring branches of Greek philosophy.

Diogenes of Sinope was always controversial. Exiled from his native city for defacing the currency, he moved to Athens and declared himself a cosmopolitan (in defiance of the prevailing city-state system). He became a disciple of Antisthenes, and made a virtue of extreme poverty, famously begging for a living and sleeping in a tub in the marketplace. He became notorious for his provocative behaviour and philosophical stunts such as carrying a lamp in the daytime, claiming to be looking for an honest man. He regularly argued with Plato, disputing his interpretation of Socrates and sabotaging his lectures.

Diogenes of Sinope

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Waterhouse-Diogenes.jpg/389px-Waterhouse-Diogenes.jpg

TBW
P-SPAN

#11 2010-11-05 08:52:13

Thanks P-Span.

I have always loved the story of Diogenes.

I am glad you shared it with the "class".

Last edited by danoconnell (2010-11-05 17:17:40)

#12 2010-11-05 08:55:09

IHL...complying with the new requests....Thanks IHL....I agree that those you listed are a bunch of @@***&&&.

#13 2010-11-05 10:54:14

I AGREE RICHARD BOWEN WAS BROUGHT IN BUY BRUCE TO REPLACE THE LAST TOWN COUNCIL  LAWYER AND IS A STOOGE OF BRENDA AND JANE THE HAG , HE DOES THE BIDDING OF JANE AND BRENDA , WE NEED TO ASK K AND P FOR A NON BIASED LAWYER , REPLACE RICH BOWEN ,I DONT LIKE HIS DECESIONS,  ALSO I AGREE  WITH BILL THAT THE COMPOSITION OF THE CHARTER REVIEV COMMITEE WAS  ONE SIDED AND THATS WHY THIS COMMITEE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISPANDED  OR A NEW ONE SELECTED , AND DO NOT LISTEN TO TOWN COUCIL  @##$%^^^%##$ THEM BECAUSE BOWEN IS IN THE POCKET OF JANE AND BRENDA .        AND AS FOR ANDREA SMITH  SHE INCIDED TOWN MEETING AND IS A RADICAL   AND STUDIED AT THE HAND OF THAT @#%^^^%^&&&%$%$^ IDIOT SLAGER.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com