#1 2010-11-04 19:30:32

From Halifax Harry's "Crystal Ball"

Wareham Observer wrote (as of 7:26 pm Nov 4, 2010)

... I will ask Santa for a Cruz-to-English translator ...

Wow.  Really?  Are you really going to go there?   I would think that an apology needs to be in order real soon. 

This coming from the man who fights tooth and nail about remarks made on this site (before my time here so I don't even know what they were) about Mrs. Silva.

#2 2010-11-04 19:48:49

A very wise man explained to me today that this is what Slager does..he incites us with statements like this to push our buttons, thus remaining in the mix..defeating ridiculous TM articles and righting the ship here in Town are what need to be focused on..

#3 2010-11-04 19:59:27

I agree completely and I think we (the town citizens) are doing a fantastic job in defeating these articles.   I just don't think that a remark like this can be sat on and ignored.  Most of the time I ignore his stupid remarks completely but this one shows just how arrogant and completely idiotic he is.  I sincerely hope that Mr Cruz follows up on it.

#4 2010-11-04 20:10:31

On a more humorous note, he wrote:

I will update my column picture soon

Do you think he will go with one of those hip looking teenage mirror pics with his cell phone?  That would be cool.

#5 2010-11-04 21:09:37

I hope someone notifies Mr. Cruz abut the possibly racist remarks made about him.

What exactly was meant?

Can't understand him "cause" he's a mush-mouf?

They are going to get a big kick out of you in Onset.

Someone drop the quote off and have Stevie Baptiste put it on his bulletin board at the Pier View restaurant.

Then ask Dottie what she thinks.

:)

#6 2010-11-04 21:39:10

Exactly what I was thinking Dan.

#7 2010-11-04 22:01:13

I actually thought Cruz made one of the more interesting presentations of the night.  He showed the figures of votes by precinct and made the case that going with the proposal would mean each selectmen would only be picked by about 200 people.  Not sure how that was hard to understand.

Bobo says things like this all the time, but we're the "hate site."

#8 2010-11-04 22:06:20

Hamatron5000 wrote:

I actually thought Cruz made one of the more interesting presentations of the night.  He showed the figures of votes by precinct and made the case that going with the proposal would mean each selectmen would only be picked by about 200 people.

I appreciate the insight, Ham but this thread is a text book example of the idiocy I want to purge from this site.

Let it go.

#9 2010-11-04 22:07:41

Good point, Ham.

Cruz was a non entity until he received what he perceived as support, and common sense, at the last election.

Since then he has become a leader. Maybe the only one on the BOS at this time.

The squeaky wheel is getting the grease.

Good for him.

#10 2010-11-04 22:34:03

Slager's remark is playground talk.  Mr. Cruz will hear about this, I am sure.  He wasn't elected just by the Cape Verdean community.  He is a gentleman and I doubt he will ask for an apology and would probably tell everyone to just let it go.  His presentation was correct, he proved his point and we supported him because he was right.

Let's drop it right here.  Anyone can email him directly at town hall or speak to him privately about it, if you wish.  Don't give Slager anything to talk about, meaning our reactions.  That's all he wants.  Recess is over.

#11 2010-11-04 22:36:35

You know I love you, Beach :)

#12 2010-11-04 22:37:34

danoconnell wrote:

You know I love you, Beach :)

Right back atcha!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com