#1 2013-07-26 22:12:52

2013-07-30 BOS Agenda
8. TOWN BUSINESS

e. Proposed remote attendance policy and possible vote.
f. Selectmen to walk bounds.

Picture split screen BOS meetings from different watering holes around town. Town Meeting voters should demand this privilege first, if only so they no longer have to watch enthroned Selectmen telling them how to vote.

Selectmen to walk bounds, with alternating bar breaks and EMS comfort stations every other intersection. None of us will live long enough to see this happen.

Last edited by billw (2013-07-29 13:36:21)

#2 2013-07-27 11:28:29

Perambulating the bounds....I am glad to see the tradition continues(also required by law). I wonder if this BOS, prior Boards, etc., have walked the bounds in the past.

#3 2013-07-27 12:00:05

danoconnell wrote:

Perambulating the bounds....I am glad to see the tradition continues(also required by law). I wonder if this BOS, prior Boards, etc., have walked the bounds in the past.

Not in more than a generation.

I didn't mean to ridicule or dismiss the idea, just that all this seems intentional distraction from more pressing issues. Also, most of this board risks stroking out before they can preambulate to the corner pub and I have to wonder about the cost of an insurance waiver for Chairman Entitledbum's dogs, who I'm told only drink German beer. Meh.

#4 2013-07-27 20:19:11

LMAO, Bill.

Most people, including Selectmen, don't know what perambulating the bounds means. Simply, the members of the BOS from each Town that borders Wareham walk the bounds, paint a date of inspection to be registered, and agree to a date for the following year.

The tradition was lost when you began electing people to office that didn't know how to spell or pronounce Wareham.

#5 2013-07-31 07:07:36

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com