• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » trpoiano and titlebaum worked togethet to oust windlslow from her seat

#1 2013-04-26 07:39:03

i cann see tropiano doing this he wanted a seat but for a fellow sitting selectmen like titlebaum doing this it does not seem the honerable thing to do.

#2 2013-04-29 13:32:59

Date: March 9, 2013, 8:26:05 PM EST
To: carpenter1112@aol.com
Subject: election season . . .

Hi friends,

I want to let you know that I am supporting Patrick Tropeano for one of the three year seats on the BOS, and I hope you will too.

Why am I supporting Patrick?  It's simple:  because we told him we would.  Last year, he threw his hat in the ring for the seat to which Peter Teitelbaum was ultimately elected.  We were concerned that he would dilute the vote and neither one of them would win.  We asked him to step back and he agreed, and we said that we would support him this year.

Beyond that, I have known Patrick for many years, and believe that he is genuinely better qualified for the job than either Steve Holmes or Cara Winslow.  Like both of them, he has served for one term on the BOS.  But Patrick also served for two terms on the Finance Committee, and was elected by his peers on that important group as chairman for four years.  His experience has given him an understanding of our charter and the role of the Board of Selectmen.

I say this as someone who worked hard to get both Cara and Steve elected.  At this point, I can say with conviction that neither of them has served us well.

Steve lost me as soon as he believed the lip service that former TA Mark Andrews spewed every time he opened his mouth. Now he's buddy buddy with the police chief, which compromises accountability. Chief Stanley has overspent his budget both of the last two years as a department head here in Wareham. For me that is unacceptable and should not be excused, but Steve's relationship with Stanley has effectively given the chief a pass.

As for Cara, I can't tell you how many times she called me to complain about how she was so "done" with her service to the Town, and threaten to resign. I encouraged her to finish her term. To my surprise she's now claiming to be interested in another three years. I don't see her fulfilling that commitment, especially knowing that she doesn't get along with any of the other members currently serving with her.

On that note, chemistry is vital in any cohesive, productive relationship. This current Board has no chemistry, and I am confident that Patrick, with his no-nonsense approach and willingness to speak his mind, will foster the needed chemistry. Patrick will tell you himself and I hope you give me an opportunity to introduce you, if you don't already know him, that the town's support for him and his family after a devastating car accident a couple of years ago has prompted him to want to give back, and has made him a "kinder, gentler" version of the person he was when he served on the Board of Selectmen with Mary Jane Pillsbury in the early 2000s.

Learn more about Patrick @ www.votepatricktropeano.com and be a part of a winning team.

And I'm sure that given the opportunity, Patrick will also address the pervasive issue of "baggage" that he allegedly has.  No one seems able to articulate what that baggage is, but he believes that it had something to do with speaking his mind.  As you know, speaking your mind is a quality I value.  J

To be clear, I'm not suggesting a vote against either incumbent. I'm only asking that you cast one of your votes for Patrick.

Thank you for the consideration,

A Citizen for a Better Wareham, and your friend,

Bob Brady
carpenter1112@aol.com

• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » trpoiano and titlebaum worked togethet to oust windlslow from her seat

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com