#1 2012-03-15 22:11:10

amit johar f ,bruce f-, smith d-,,,,,, slavin b plus ,titlebaum a plus.

#2 2012-03-16 00:24:39

I was only able to catch the selectman candidates portion of OPL.

I will not grade as low as you did greenhornet.

First, I would like to thank all the candidates for their willingness to serve (yes, even you Bruce).

I think all of the candidates represented themselves pretty well.

That being said.. I disagree with alot of Bruce's statements. At one point he sounded like he wanted to give the Chief even more money and make him the highest paid town employee. Listen..to compare his salary to Rabinovitch is an apples to oranges comparison. What is so hard to "get" about that? You compare Chief salaries to other Chief salaries..preferably with comparable population's and based on the size of the "force" they lead. ..and likewise..compare School superintendent salaries to other superintendent salaries. Pretty simple.. The town shouldn't bargain against itself..or set some precedent by expending more than the "market value" of either (or any) position. Bruce took his shots at the school admin., the current selectmen, his fellow candidates, the former chief and former town administrator's (..and I might have missed a few). He is what he is...and there's no way he'd ever get my vote. D+

Amit Johar.. Seemed pretty likeable. Also he seemed a little clueless on most of the issues that have been/are currently facing the town. He didn't seem to understand (at all) the question concerning how might the selectmen offer assistance to those facing (excessive) sewer betterment fees. He also wasn't able to respond to several other questions due to his lack of "awareness" of the issues. Mr. Johar..No one is "dilly dallying" on Andrews contract. His current contract (clearly) states that he's to be given six months advance notice of the town's intentions..that date is months away yet. Six months is more than enough of a "head's up" for the TA (especially a TA with the "track record" of Andrews). Can't grade very high. C-

Dave Smith.. Also a "likeable fellow". But also seemed "unaware" of how to answer a number of the questions. If it was him against Bruce..he'd get my vote.. (But it isn't). C

Alan Slavin.. I think Alan was very good. He was knowledgeable, and seemed very sincere and honest. He solidified my feeling that he's (easily) the best option in the three year race. B+

Peter Teitelbaum.. Peter was very impressive (I thought). He's clearly very intelligent and well spoken. I have to say..he seems like a "slam dunk" as the best option in the two year race. A

The "No shows".. F

Last edited by Dave DiPietro (2012-03-16 00:37:54)

#3 2012-03-16 01:52:11

As has been pointed out on Wareham Week - a search for Bruce Sauvageau on plymouthdeeds.org shows that Sweet Brucey doesn't appear to be very truthful when it comes to his tax woes. 

That earns him a big F--- in my book.

Johar seemed nice enough but as P-Span said, didn't seem to know the issues.  He could study up and try again, but the fact that MWF is behind him will prevent me from ever being able to vote for him.   I've heard some talk about town that two sign holders were seen earlier this week holding Bruce and Amit signs together, sorry but you lose my vote on that one.  Distance yourself from MWF and Bruce and I'll think about it.  I give him a C-

Teitelbaum was smarter than anyone else on the stage all put together and can run circles around them with half his brain tied behind his back.  A

Slavin - as I've said, I don't always agree with him, but he made some good points and since my alternative is Bruce, Slavin it is.  B+

Smith spent most of the evening looking like a deer caught in the headlights and not sure what to say.  D

Not sure what happened to Patrick.  He is a nice man.  I wish he had run against Brenda for assessor.  If I had 2 votes I'd give him one, but we really need someone that's going to provide the leadership the board needs and thus my vote must go to Peter.  Hope Patrick will continue staying involved with the town in some capacity.

In conclusion, Bruce is just a joke and is just embarrassing himself at this point.  Unless he forgets to vote for himself, he'll probably get about 1 vote and that's about it.

#4 2012-03-16 08:23:51

if patrick cant make canidates nite ,are we sure he can make the selectmens mettings?   i here by request that everone write patricks name in for a vote on the assesors race where brenda is running unapposed as he origionally pulled papers for an assesor seat. he will do a good job and they dont meet as often.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com