#1 2011-11-30 04:30:18

Wareham Health Agent Bob Ethier, as I hear it, was recently scheduled to accept a grant award for emergency preparedness and was accompanied to the function by Ellen Begley and Mayor Andrews, who stood to approach the podium, telling Ethier, "I've got this."

Their hosts would have none of it and insisted Ethier describe his own work.

The mayor's arrogance and fragile ego - like the public spectacle he made of himself crying after town meeting - apparently precede him.

Meanwhile, in no particular order...

The town's short term staff of work study accountants still can't find a dime of the missing $700,000.

The Health Insurance Holiday bill of goods we were sold at Spring Town Meeting is DOA.

The sewer enterprise black hole is in double its arrears of two years ago.

After years of waiting, municipal maintenance and police dispatchers finally got a contract. Sorry Patrolmen, maybe your officers will loan you some until pay day.

The Selectmen's office was commandeered by Andrews and no longer exists.

No one, as usual, tells FinCom anything.

Wareham can't close the books on 2010, never mind 2009, and there's no way in hell it will set the tax rate any time soon.

And finally, Rick Stanley is sitting in as Town Administrator until Andrews returns from vacation next week.

Sleep tight.

Last edited by billw (2011-11-30 04:42:02)

#2 2011-11-30 07:05:59

well if they cant find the money then the only conclusion we cancome to then the money  had to be stolen.by whom brenda and her crowd.

#3 2011-11-30 15:06:54

dont believe anything you read from press releases. ive talked with several officers and morale is at an all time low.

#4 2011-12-01 07:06:21

i here the same thing its been over 4 years and no raises.

#5 2011-12-01 07:21:50

the fat cats from lawrence get the big money and the raises,like mailes burke ,but our policemen have not had a raise or contract in over 4 years, they risk there lives and work long hours and yet andrews will not give them a fair contract. why because wareham is bankrupt and while i am at  it where is th missing 700k.

#6 2011-12-02 16:42:28

I heard it's been five years for the patrolman. However the already highest paid chief is getting his own raise off the backs of the hardworking patrolman. He's been there a year and he gets a raise but no money for the men and woman who have been hard at work and nothing for them in 5!!!

#7 2011-12-02 17:50:40

i here he gets the chief a 3%raise each year thats about a 5000k raise a year , he gets 45 sick days and 5 weeks vacation  and yet no raise for the rank and file.

#8 2011-12-03 07:15:53

yet crime is on the rise in wareham with a lot of robberies and the police our putting there lives on the line for us and a new cop makes just 18 dollars an hour to start, mr andrews give them a decent raise thay have families to feed.

#9 2011-12-03 14:05:25

BillW wrote:
{Wareham can't close the books on 2010, never mind 2009, and there's no way in hell it will set the tax rate any time soon.}

Let's look at some facts.

1. The Board of Assessors has scheduled "Tax Rate hearings" with the two fire districts, according to the Town's meetings calendar. Remember. OFD & WFD have separate tax rates from the Town's tax rate.

Fiscal Year 2012 (7-1-2011 thru 6-30-2012) is a certification year for property values (i.e. revaluation in common parlance), per the DOR's 3-year cycle. If the BoA is comfortable allowing the two districts to schedule hearings on their tax rates, does that mean that the FY2012 values have been approved by the DOR?

2. If the FY2012 values have been approved, what about the FY2012 new growth? The two go hand-in-hand. and. if new growth has been approved, what IS the new growth for FY2012. it is an important component in the tax-rate setting process.

3. P-Span (he'll always be two things to me: P-Span, and a Town treasure) posted the Board of Selectmen meeting agenda for next Tuesday. Down near the end, there is a meeting with the Board of Assessors. Hmmmm. Is this a meeting, or a "Classification Hearing". And, why is a Town board so late in the agenda?

Am I splitting hairs between a 'meeting' and a 'Classification Hearing'? No. The Classification hearing is REQUIRED by law, to allow the BoS the option of a single tax rate for all property classes (residential, commercial, industrial, personal) or a split tax rate where the Res. rate is lower and the C-I-P rate is higher. This is a public hearing and MUST (by law) be advertised to be held at a specific place and TIME.

4. So then. What is to occur between the BoS & BoA Tuesday nite? Has it been legally advertised (if it is a classification hearing)? Or, are we to hear that the DOR will NOT approve a tax rate for the TOWN (not the Districts) due to the kinds of problems which have been well described previously?

5. If the third-quarter tax bill, normally due to be paid on February 1, cannot be mailed by December 31 due to accounting problems; then the 3rd & 4th quarter bills are combined into one (1) tax bill due on May 1. Will the Town have to borrow to fund this delay in its property tax revenue? What about the districts, if they are ready - will they be required to wait, and also borrow?

Fasten your seat belts.

#10 2011-12-03 17:33:57

While we're rounding up the gossip, sounds like Sweet Brucey the Loser intends to run next year and get handing a second defeat.

You'd think he'd have more productive things to do, like pay his taxes and study for the bar.

#11 2011-12-04 20:17:08

Sweet Brucey just announced on a rag site we're not talking about that he will indeed run for selectman.  The stench of his second defeat will be stinkier than his first.

#12 2011-12-04 20:19:43

Sounds like we'll have to resurrect "The Sweet Brucey Chronicles" to keep the voters informed about this clown.

#13 2011-12-05 07:43:39

By: rsauvageau on 12/4/11

Jo; you're opnion and those of everyone on this site are very important to me. As to True's opnion that I am running for office...yes I am. I have not seen anyone else of our thinking willing to do so. Mike & Ellen are literally dying on the vine. Togeather we will get more done in the first two meetings than has been acomplished in the last two years. My job will be to change minds.

OF OUR THINKING??? CHANGE MINDS????
SCARY STUFF FOLKS

#14 2011-12-05 10:42:29

His spelling skills are as good as his tax paying skills and his bar passing skills.

Isn't Brucey in some kind of dispute with his former buddy over some wood?  Add that to The Sweet Brucey Chronicles.

God, Sweet Brucey, what a loser.  If he wants a second defeat, let's happily give it to him.

For once, the next election will actually be fun.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com