#1 2011-10-15 00:42:27

Has everyone forgot about Myles Burke and his Director of Inspectional Services Job requirements.  In his offer letter for this job it was a requirement that he get certified.  Well I will have you know that until this day he has not been certified.  So as the the clock ticks what is he going to do.

1.  Take the certification Test and get certified ( finally )
2.  Run out of time and not take the test and loose his job with the town of Wareham ( highly unlikely )

Or

3.  Take over as another Head of a Dept. 

Thats right folks there has been no word about Myles Burke because his good old buddy Mark Andrews is going to create another job for him.  You see Mark feels that since Myles couldnt get his head out of his ass and qual for a job we gave him ( which should of never happened) he is going to give him another chance at something else to screw up.  Why is it that Mr Andrews feels the need to waste more of our money on someone who cant live up to their end of the bargain.  Myles Burke will be here as long as Mr. Andrews has the check book.  Stay tuned folks this is going to get better.  I promise!!!!!

#2 2011-10-15 16:23:57

Inside-Tip wrote:

3.  Take over as another Head of a Dept.

I get it. Correctly pick the doomed department, win a prize. Absolutely no qualification necessary. Void where prohibited.

Personally, I favor appointing Mr. Burke Town Counsel but take your pick.

Administration
Clerk, Town
Accounting
ADA
Assessor
Animal Control
Buildings Maintenance
Collector/Treasurer
Community & Economic Development
Conservation
Council on Aging
EMS/Ambulance
Harbormaster/Shellfish
Health, Board of
Information Management/Technology
Inspectional Services
Library
Municipal Maintenance
Onset Water District
Planning Department & Zoning Board of Appeals
Police Department
Recycling
Veterans Agent
Sewer Department
Wareham Community TV
Wareham Water District

#3 2011-10-15 21:07:48

I would lean more towards municipal maintenance.  Since Mr. Gifford is close to retirement if not declaring it now.  But thats just a hunch.  If I was a betting man I would bet the house on it!!!!!!!!

#4 2011-10-16 08:39:07

what does he know about roads and sewers,how about town adminerstartor.

#5 2011-10-16 08:59:58

If and when Mark Gifford retires, is there a process by where someone is hired to replace him??..usually, a committe of some sorts presents their top three choices to the TA..of course, the "snake-oil" salesman then adds his own finalist to the list..

Once again for those who missed it: CRONYISM is the appointing of a friend or associate to a position of authority without regard to their qualifications..

#6 2011-10-16 09:24:44

Keep in mind that he may not even be transferred to another department.  The Top Banana might just let him stay where he is anyway.

#7 2011-10-16 21:58:50

Myles Burke will take over Municipal maintenance.  The TA has the fix in already.

#8 2011-10-17 16:39:11

I was wondering the same thing Insidetip. I knew he had to be certified sometime in October but I wasn’t sure of the date. Didn’t the town clerk get a letter from the State saying they needed proof that Myles was certified? Does the State require the town building inspector to be certified?
The TA isn’t going to fire him because he didn’t get certified. If what you say is true and Gifford is leaving doesn’t the TA have to advertise that job? Is he really going to advertise for the head of MM at a salary of $80,000 or $75,000 what ever the heck Burke makes for a salary.
This town really makes my head spin. So many things are needed in this town and the people at the top are throwing our tax dollars away.

#9 2011-10-17 19:38:47

mr gifford makes more than myles gets, they will give him close to 100k, previous boards wannted the new director to have an engineer degree, and not a degree in bumb kissing.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com