#1 2011-09-26 17:29:51

Still no BOS agenda. Anyone keeping count of Open Meeting violations?

#2 2011-09-27 12:18:27

Listen up, people. You have to start loudly demanding better than this shit.

#3 2011-09-27 13:11:12

lets get picket signs and picket the next selectmens meeting ,bill bring back your special site where we can privately discuss strategy against bad gov. in wareham.         these idiots have been playing us for suckers to long, demand better gov.

#4 2011-09-27 13:42:04

I have posted about the Open Meeting Law & its changes many times on this site. In addition, I have been helping a friend who was brutally burned by a Board in a different Town. fortunately, the AG's office, the place where you ultimately complain, has been extremely helpful, and are currently dealing with the Board of Malefactors.

Notice the word "ultimately". Under the new rules as of July, 2010, your complaint of an OML violation goes to the BOARD who you think is guilty of same. So, a Wareham citizen would have to complain to the Bd. of Selectmen if the citizen thinks that they have violated the OML. And of course, they have, by not posting a Tuesday meeting by the close of business on Friday (48 hours).

Good luck with that. then, after weeks, maybe months of the BoS dithering, they must respond to the complaint. Guess the response   -   Hey! no cheating over there!

Then  -  and only then  -  you can start all over again with the AG and hope that they will pursue the case. No guarantee.

In my friend's case, it was personal, and vicious. Worth the time and effort, of which there has been a lot of each one. But, a mere meeting posting violation? who has the time, the determination, etc. to see it thru?

The system almost gives a Board with a cavalier attitude toward the law a free ride. Unless, its personal.

Altho, what if one were to file suit to void any & all votes taken during a meeting which was not properly posted? Hmmmmm.

#5 2011-09-27 15:19:19

stewie wrote:

Altho, what if one were to file suit to void any & all votes taken during a meeting which was not properly posted? Hmmmmm.

Perfect. We'll save time and money, too, if we can persuade notalawyer to help us file this motion ourselves.

#6 2011-09-27 15:24:01

redrobin wrote:

lets get picket signs and picket the next selectmens meeting ,bill bring back your special site where we can privately discuss strategy against bad gov. in wareham.         these idiots have been playing us for suckers to long, demand better gov.

Consider that done. We're long past picket signs, though. Torches and pitch forks might work.

#7 2011-09-27 19:20:47

Tar & feathers.

Don't leave home without them.......

#8 2011-09-27 19:54:20

BILL  WENT TO CITZEN PARTICIPATION AND SAID NO AGENDA WAS PUT UP ONLINE AND IT WAS NOT ,SANDEY SLAVIN CAME UOP NEXT AND SAID IT WAS NOT PUT UP ON THE WEB SITE , PASSING THEM OUT TONITE JUST  DOES NOT CUT IT.

#9 2011-09-27 19:56:01

I assume some of you watched while Steve Holmes dismissed any notion the FBI is investigating him for statements he is alleged to have made during Chief Stanley's lengthy contract negotiation. I sat six inches from the Chief this evening while he shot me death rays, until we exchanged pleasantries and smiles.

Standard issue, small town stuff.

#10 2011-09-27 20:13:44

I must say that as I watched and heard Chief stanley say that some bloggers hide and some show there face, I could see the biggest smile come across bills face.  That smile was priceless.  Keep giving it to them Bill

#11 2011-09-27 20:31:58

I confess, every once in a great while this stuff is boat loads of fun.

#12 2011-09-27 20:46:19

Bill, thanks (again) for asking the tough questions...even when the question's aren't quite "answered", we learn some things just the same.

ITip..yes..I noticed the big smile on Bill's face too. Stanley had just said something like blogger's in Wareham are "cowards living in their Mother's basement"...remember..this was a topic talking about unproven claims made on a "Halifax blogger's" website that Selectman Holmes was somehow involved in the Stanley racism accusation made by John D'Italia last year, and suggesting Holmes may have put D'Italia "up to it".. Evidence that Holmes was involved is non-existent (at this time).

Steve made a comment that it was "his turn this week" to get dragged through the mud on the blogs..apparently comparing his treatment recently by a "Halifax blogger" to the treatment Schneider received when he disappeared for over a month. Steve and Schneider's "treatment" are not comparable..even if Steve suggests it is. Scrutiny comes with the job. Schneider is responsible for the scrutiny he received and is now possibly (probably) not even a resident of Wareham. When Schneider returned he made all kinds of accusations of harassment against himself and his family. Accusing fellow selectmen of being complicit in the "alleged" harassment. How come no one cares that these accusations are not being followed up on? Where or when (or who) is going to answer for this "alleged" harassment? Again..the evidence of harassment against Schneider is non-existent. If there was any harassment I hope (and expect) for it to be followed up on. I believe it was a diversion to make people forget about Schneider's own actions. People have short memories..some other news becomes the new headline, and bumps the old headline..and most don't care anyway about how this town's run until it effects them directly...then they become real interested. 

Keep your eyes open. I'll try and get this meeting posted by tomorrow.

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-09-28 00:10:30)

#13 2011-09-28 07:16:07

lets see holmes kied about,bill lied about ,flaterylied about,mary jane pillsbury lied about,depasquell lied about ,sorrey about the spelling, who has not been lied about ,the other guy who does the lieing is  a joke.

#14 2011-09-28 13:34:21

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com