#1 2011-08-31 09:07:31

We have systemic problems here in Wareham that are the result of a long entrenched culture of corruption, moral deficiency, incompetence and cowardice. Historically, the same group of people keep fronting and electing the same kinds of people into office and while the faces change every few years, the philosophy, psychology and culture do not.

Schneider and Begley ran as a team; does anyone really believe Ellen or Walter does not know where Mr. Schneider is? Or is it more likely they are covering for some reason?

Of course Walter knows Schneider is gone. The rumor is he’s working in Maine and unless he’s in rehab or some other 30-day program, it does not look like he’s coming back. Regardless of where he is, doesn’t it make sense that the BOS Chairman would have some interest in knowing where Schneider was and when he was expected back? Otherwise Walter looks a bit befuddled and just a hapless old man. Walter should at least have some interest in where 1/5th of his/our board is.

If Schneider is really gone, Walter and Ellen will not do one damned thing about it because if they can’t have a 3 to 2 board in their favor to continue supporting Andrews and the madness, they would rather have a 2 to 2 board that can’t do anything. They do not want to see a special election where we might actually get another Cara or Steve on the board and then have a 3 to 2 BOS serving the people for a change.

It pains me to paint Walter with the same brush as Ellen, but he needs to take sides. His middle of the road stance makes him look either gutless, or in concert with Begley and Schneider, Bruce and the rest of them who are still trying to exercise control over Wareham. Walter is even beginning to look a lot like Bruce, who now says he’s considering running against Walter in April. Why not, as far as I can see there is not much difference between them. At least no one can deny that Bruce is smart.

So my guess is that if Schneider’s not in some program somewhere and he’s really not coming back, Walter and Ellen will block every attempt to do anything about it. As I understand it, even if Schneider resigns there are only three options.
One, the BOS calls for a special election, which will fail by a 2 to 2 vote. Two, the seat remains open until the next general election when it is more likely we get another Begley or Schneider or three, 200 citizens petition for a special election to replace Schneider. The only other reasonable option is that we recall Schneider now, and that forces an election. At least we’d know Schneider’s intentions.

Regardless of whatever happens, Walter and Ellen will try to keep that seat empty until January and then Schneider will resign in time to add another open seat on the April ballot. This will make room for Bruce and Company to run two people again and maybe keep the board 3 to 2 against the people and keep Andrews in office so Bruce can come back and run Wareham again. How did that work out last time?

#2 2011-08-31 15:03:36

If you decide to recall, I hope you include Cruz, but I think it is better, in my opinion, to get two candidates togeher, as a team, and run against Cruz and for the open seat.

Let me know who you are going to support, and I will be happy to help in any way I can, especially with a donation to their campaigns.

This is probably the most important time in the history of Wareham. Don't be misled, don't be apathetic, and start to get ready for a tough election coming up.

You must SAVE WAREHAM this coming year, or I am afraid it will be too late, and you will soon be redistricted, parceled out, and Makepeace can then form their own town with the part of Wareham they have always wanted.

Don't quit now...time to get passionate and start to work very, very hard.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com