#1 2011-08-16 17:14:58

Second chances are rare in life and if Mikey is quitting like a quitter, then we'll have an opportunity to fill that seat with a decent person.

Hey tin hats, don't blame us, you had your chance and you ran a quitter.

Two Possibilities:

1)  I have yet to have anyone point out to me the actual provision that says the runner up can take the seat if the winner quits within 6 months after being elected.  However, I certainly hope it does it exist.  All I'm saying is if it does exist, don't expect the Hypocrite Elite to ever follow the law or do the right thing.  Don't take the word of anyone under Hypocrite Elite control, seek independent verification and research.  If this is an option, it will be an option that the good people of this town will have to support and the tin hats will fight it kicking and screaming.

2)  I'm guessing a special election is more likely.  The little credibility the Hypocrite Elite had left will be destroyed having run a quitter - someone who stood in the way of other people who would have actually given the town three years of work.  Sadly the bad judgment of the Hypocrite Elite will cost the town over $17,000 to hold a special election.

Don't waste this opportunity.  Start thinking now about a good candidate who can fill the seat.  Someone all of the good people in this town can support.  And don't split the vote, people interested in running need to communicate with one another and get behind the person that will do the best job and will win.

It is rare to get a second chance. Let's not blow it.

#2 2011-08-16 17:15:38

I hear there is a BOS meeting tomorrow at 3:30?  Is this true?  Could there be an impending resignation?

#3 2011-08-16 18:18:00

Don't let anyone fool you. If Mike is resigning, he must do it with the Town Clerk.

No-one can appoint a Selectman. Not the BOS, not the Governor, no-one.

It will cost you a lot of money, but Guy is correct....don't squander the chance.

You will then have the opportunity to see if Mr. Cruz is worth saving in April...in the meantime, I hope you have the right candidate that you all can support and take control of the board.

#4 2011-08-16 22:17:17

Let me shed some light on this one.  After some research through the town charter and a few phone calls I have come to three outcomes for Mr. Schneider resigning. 

1.  The BOS do nothing and wait until April for a new election.

2.  The BOS take a vote and have a special election.  ( I think we know the two that will vote yes and I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz votes yes as well)

3.  We get 200 or so registered voters to start a petition to have a special election and submit it to the BOS.  ( We can definitely do this)

Mr. Andrews will want to compile his data and send letters out for this, but he will soon be occupied with other things that are coming and not be able to spend time on stopping this election but rather spend time saving his own hide.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com