• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » Accountant's Hush Money Jackpot: Quarter Million, Plus Bennies

#1 2011-07-23 21:47:56

Hush Money ,could It Be True, No More Hearing ,when You Vote For Ellen ,mike ,bruce , Cronin ,jane And Brenda  Prepare To Need A Dose Of Preparation H.

Last edited by billw (2011-07-26 16:47:44)

#2 2011-07-23 23:18:25

Isn't it exciting?

Image the fairytale we're about to hear!

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/andrews4.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#3 2011-07-24 07:28:37

I Here That The Auditors In The Missing Over 900,000 Missing Money In The Accountants  Screwd Up Accounts Cant  Find Around 400,000k Of The Missing Money Cant Be Found And Proberly Will Never Be Found.

#4 2011-07-24 07:41:47

What Did Bruce ,brenda,cronin And Jajne Do With All This Missing Money , Did It Go For Hush Money,lawsuits ,where Did It All Go?

#5 2011-07-24 07:50:22

What Are Donahue Democrats ? Crooks Plain And Simple.  Who Are The Donahue Democrats Allen Slavin,leise Carmody,martha Strachen ,ms Fuller , Mike Flatery , The Doctor , And Maney Others Who Proped Up Brenda ,jayne And Cronin  And Bruceand Brought Wareham To Finacial Ruin.

#6 2011-07-24 08:48:59

Jesus, so are you all thinking what I'm thinking?  That someone usually has to know a lot of dirt to get that kind of payday?

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-07-24 08:49:21)

#7 2011-07-24 10:11:36

Think maybe with all that scratch she'll finally find the time to get her master's degree?

#8 2011-07-24 11:55:46

people need to go to citizens participation on tuesday and demand answers from andrews!!! this is our money

#9 2011-07-24 20:02:37

Haha I guess the Hypocrite Elite is really worried about the truth of the settlement coming out.  It's such bad news that even the incompetent ugly slob from Halifax came out of retirement to spin his wheels in his rag chat, trying to get his tin hat buddies to disbelieve the truth about the settlement. 

He should stick to retirement and his little screenplay.  Leave the reporting to the real journalists.  Maybe even be a man and get a job.  Pathetic loser.

#10 2011-07-25 10:48:28

Big Time Failure wrote:

By: robertslager on 7/24/11
The whole thing just doesn't make sense to me. Andrews may be shifty, but he isn't stupid. $250,000 just doesn't make sense.
If Andrews is trying to buy Biz's silence, that's too much money to avoid public suspicion.
But then again, this information came from an anonymous blogger with a history of distorting the truth for personal and political reasons.

But then again, Bobo's doubt of info from a blogger comes from a clown who had an auction notice printed about his house.

#11 2011-07-25 11:02:18

Looks like Mr Slager is out of the loop.

#12 2011-07-25 11:10:37

Menrva wrote:

He always was, even before he failed and closed up shop.  I just wish he'd have an ounce of respect for himself, realize that he's been nothing but a stooge for politicians all these years, and find something productive to spend his time on rather than continue to be a lackey for political hacks.

Jesus, you either quit or you don't quit.  News of the World quit and it stayed quit.  You don't see Rupert Murdoch going on to the News of the World site to have Sunday chats with people who were fans of that paper before it failed, do you?

#13 2011-07-25 12:22:26

GuyIncognito wrote:

Menrva wrote:

He always was, even before he failed and closed up shop.

You can't cook and burn credible sources expecting them to talk to you again. Even slow learners get the hint after the second or third bite.

Bobo wrote his own newspaper obit long before he oinked Liz Pezzoli's humble rag in 2006.

#14 2011-07-26 14:39:48

redrobin wrote:

Hush Money ,could It Be True, No More Hearing ,when You Vote For Ellen ,mike ,bruce , Cronin ,jayne And Brenda  Prepare To Need A Dose Of Preperation H.

Far more troubling, our selectmen voted in executive session two weeks ago to approve that rotten deal by a margin of 4 to 1; a quarter of a million dollars to keep quiet, plus no challenge to her unemployment benefit claims.

The lone selectman? Steve Holmes. Pick up your halo before you leave, Steve!

If Cara Winslow decides to run for public office in Wareham again, she's out of luck.

#15 2011-07-26 15:44:31

I think someone needs to call the AG.

The Feds would be good too... especially elections divisions.

At least we know why Steve asked the question a few days ago regarding payments made in the first 19 days.

Any more?

Oh well....recalling 4 is just as easy as three.

#16 2011-07-26 16:55:01

I am not defending Cara but is it possible the slime TA and Town counsel convinced her the town would not defend her if Biz sued her (as she threatened) and she had to defend herself by caving in.

Everyone knows Biz did not have a leg to stand on but Cara would still have to pay a lawyer to defend herself.  The medical bills her family has may be staggering.

If this is true and Cara cannot discuss it she may be in real pain.

Surrender is not easy but sometimes you have no choice.

I pray
when the time comes God judges these people harshly. Until then we need someone who knows the right agencies to call and ask for help.

I think a complaint to the democratic party leadership and a threat to vote republican until the Donahues and the garbage they brought here are put down.

#17 2011-07-26 17:58:05

My Gaud We In The Know Knew The Biz Was In Over Her Head The First Day She Started As Our Accountant, She Was A Bookkeeper For Gauds Sake , We Fire Her She Gets A Quarte Million Dollars And Close To A Million Dollars Of Towm Money Is Missing My Question Is This Who Is The Stupid One Here  The Biz Or The Voters Who Put Jayne ,brenda And Her Crowd In And Sadley Its The Latter,                        Any  Unqualified Fool Will Take A Job That They Are Not Qualified For ,the Fool Is The One Who Hired Her And Pushed For Her Hireing And I Can Remember That Jayne And Brenda Were Very High On Her.

#18 2011-07-26 19:37:28

250 K To The Biz,  230k To Lt Bliss ,bliss Had To Wate 3 Years For His Payout And He Was Actially Screwd By These Clowns ,the Biz Did The Screwing And She Gets Her Payout In A  Lot Less Time,wow A Half Million Dollars In Taxpayer  Funded Payots In The Last Month,a Lot In The Past And More To Come. Wareham  The Home Of  Idiots Such As  Jayne ,brenda ,bruce And Cronin .

#19 2011-07-26 22:45:15

billw wrote:

redrobin wrote:

Hush Money ,could It Be True, No More Hearing ,when You Vote For Ellen ,mike ,bruce , Cronin ,jayne And Brenda  Prepare To Need A Dose Of Preperation H.

Far more troubling, our selectmen voted in executive session two weeks ago to approve that rotten deal by a margin of 4 to 1; a quarter of a million dollars to keep quiet, plus no challenge to her unemployment benefit claims.

I wrote this squib as I heard it but I am reliably told my, uhhh, accounting is wrong. The Board of Selectmen approved the hush money payout to Elizabeth Zaleski by a vote of 3 to 2, both Holmes and Winslow objecting.

#20 2011-07-26 23:43:41

Good to hear.

Back to three.

#21 2011-07-27 00:28:02

danoconnell wrote:

Good to hear.

Back to three.

Want to know what's really creepy? Hazmat suit up and visit Bobo's happy circle jerk to hear him talking like one of us, right down to a recall.

#22 2011-07-27 07:49:41

I just  read it, Bill...funny how everything, STILL, is all about BoBo.

Me, me, me...poor me, thank the lord for me, me, me, me, me...oh, yeah, and the little girl...then me, me, me...

He truly is a clown, out of the loop, and pretending to be in it....numbnuts!

#23 2011-07-27 09:43:39

You know someone's a lackey when they come out of retirement to be a lackey.

Bobo the Clown wrote:

The claim – that the settlement was essentially a payoff to prevent Zaleski from speaking out against Andrews in public – is a very serious accusation. If proven true, Andrews should be fired immediately. And any selectman who votes against such an action should be recalled.

Save this quote and hold onto it, then let's all get to work on finding a way to legally force the town to disclose the contents of the settlement. 

Bobo holding a "Recall Mike and Ellen" sign will be funny.

#24 2011-07-27 10:31:28

I haven't weighted in on this or much else for some time, but let me throw in my two cents.

First, nothing is "verified" and I doubt that the Selectmen would act in a manner that has been suggested.  A fair question would be "Why  do you feel that way?"

Let me cite three things that mitigate against a clandestine settlment that-if there were one-would be "good" for Mr Andrews but require extensive explantion by the Selectmen.

The April 4, 2011 letter:  "...You failed to carry  out your responsibilities as Town Accountant in a timely, honest and professional manner."  This letter is fact and I was surprised-and troubled-by the use of the single word "honest" which implies something beyond incompetence, at least to me. On matters of honesty, particularly in the government arena I turn into a true Jesuit, it is black or it is white, there are no shades of gray, no nuances.

The Hearing:  Mr Powers under cross examination reluctantly, when asked, characterized the actions of Ms Zaleski as fraud.  And I say  reluctantly because if I understood it correctly-and I think that I did-the audit rules that govern such an occurence left him no choice.  My thinking at the time was that he would have preferred a softer characterization.  But it was what if was.

The Hearing:   A question was asked of Mr Powers if he knew-or what he knew- of a telephone conversation between Ms Zaleski and Mr Andrews in which Mr Andrews supposedly said that the termination was political or words to that effect.  Mr Powers responded in the negative, that he was not privy to that conversation.   My guess is that if Mr Andrews had to take off his presiding officer cap and plop down in the witness chair that he woud have to answer that question.  That response, if it indeed was made, is in itself not of great moment here in Wareham, but get in front of a real jury  and real judge, it might be a tipping point, again if it was in fact "said."

To conclude, and to restate my opening remark, I can certainly understand why Mr Andrews wants this to go away.  But I can not believe the Selectmen would sweep this under the carpet, there is more than money involved here, there is a person's integrity being questioned and quite frankly the town's as well. There should be an honest and open forum on this and that has begun and, it will, I hope continue.

Me, I would take my chances in court if I were the town and yes it could be expensive but we have to stand to the line at some point.  It all turns on the use of the word "honest."  Prove-if need be in court-that questioning the honest conduct was an appropriate expression of fact and not just petulance on the part of an individual, and the town prevails.  If it can not be proven, then Ms Zaleski prevails and her reputation is restored. 

However, and this really is my conclusion, I have been wrong before, I hope this not to add to my record in that regard.

Last edited by Dick Paulsen (2011-07-27 10:52:49)

#25 2011-07-28 07:50:38

If this did happen does anyone know how it would take before these minutes could be made public? Once the executive meeting minutes are approved by the board, if there are legal issues involved do they become part of the public domain? If a settlement has been reached isn’t that information part of the public record? I don’t remember the selectmen going into an executive session does anyone remember when this happened?

Mr. Paulsen if this turns out to be true, would the settlement have been covered by the town insurance as someone suggested or would it come out of the town budget? If it does come out of the town budget doesn’t the finance committee have to be informed about the settlement?

Last edited by mackenzie (2011-07-29 08:20:13)

#26 2011-07-28 10:49:07

It is obvious that the Finance Committee is being totally ignored, and their advise is not sought after or listened to if provided.

VERY serious problem. The Fin Com is the ultimate "checks and balances" group you have in Town. To shut them out is incompetent... and dangerous.

#27 2011-07-30 16:38:43

So...on July 20Th, a hold harmless agreement and settlement agreement was signed by the parties.

Only $42,500.00 plus unemployment benefits allegedly are involved.

I have a real hard time believing it. However, Andrews has been effective tying the hands of any one part of the agreement. The BOS, him, the former accountant, etc.

So....I guess you will never know the truth.

Last edited by danoconnell (2011-07-30 20:51:13)

#28 2011-07-30 17:39:49

Why would he settle at all if he felt she deserved to be fired?  I'm not sticking up for her by any means, but all I know is the TA won't have to go through any more embarrassing public hearings bringing his actions into question and I doubt we'll ever really know what happened behind the scenes.

#29 2011-07-30 22:39:00

I hate to have anyone look at an out of business failed rag site, but the screenplay writer has a copy of a letter and settlement agreement. 

Apparently, the hearing officer ruled that the guy who fired Zaleski (who was the hearing officer!) was wrong and reinstated her, then she's leaving and getting 42,000.

Boggles the mind.  Signed by Mike, Ellen, and someone else's name I can't make out.

Only in Wareham.

"I fired you!  Now, I rule that you shouldn't be fired!"

#30 2011-07-30 22:40:16

And isn't it sad that the powers that be only shared this through the website of a failed paper?  They can only communicate through the mouthpiece and have to drag his ass out of retirement just to communicate with the public?

#31 2011-07-30 22:42:20

Will the TA fire himself for making an improper firing then?  Or does he have to check with the hearing officer first?

#32 2011-07-31 09:14:37

Why's that old hag IP going after Guy Incognito?  I just responded to postings about the settlement, I didn't report it.

#33 2011-07-31 17:13:33

By the way, so that the pseudo-lawyer interestedparty reads this....a hold harmless is moot in a criminal investigation. Especially before a Grand Jury.

If the Feds step in, everyone will know everything very quickly.

Election year coming up, you know :)

• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » Accountant's Hush Money Jackpot: Quarter Million, Plus Bennies

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com