• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » alltown depts our ordered to make 5% cuts in there budgets

#1 2011-03-30 18:13:08

All Towb Depts Were Ordered To Make 5% Cuts In There Budgets By Former Lawrence Budget Director Andrews,  You Also Have To Figure In Inflation  And The Budget Cuts Are More Than 5%, I Dont Know If The Clerks Office Or Miles Burks Dept Will Face These Cuts Because They Are Janes And Brendas Fair Haired Boys,                   It Bogels My Mind That Jayne And Brendas Freinds Want To Hire Stanley At 175k And The Town Needs To Cut Depts 5%  ,this  Is About The 6th Year We Have Had To Make These Kind Of Cuts Or Just About The Time Brenda And Bruce Got On As Selectmen,                                      What We Need Is Smarter And Better Leadership In Town ,when Bruce And Brenda Got On The Board The Finance Commitee Quit , The Idiots Sued The Library , And They Spent Money On A Computor Investigation, This My Frinds Is Not Old News But Shows A Pattern Of Idiotic Leadership In Town ,we Cant Have This Kind Of Ledership Any More.

#2 2011-03-30 18:18:41

So How  Can Any Body In There Rite  Mind Vote For Jayne And Brendas Clones  Ellen And  Mike Or How Can Any Body Vote  For Cronin Who Helped Lead Wareham To Finical Ruin.                         There Can Only Be The Smater Choice  Jennifer And Frank ,if We Are Still To Have A Town , A School Dept ,a Police Dept ,we Need To Vote For These  Two.

#3 2011-03-30 18:22:53

We Also Need Massive Amounts  For Capital Expenses , Roofs , Dump Trucks Police Cars And School Busses ,  We Have Deffered These  Expenses For Years Now And Sooner Or Later We Will Get Bitten In The Ass For Defering These Expenses.

#4 2011-03-30 18:49:57

Whats with our new "financial analyst"..is the Boy Wonder being paid as a full-time employee with benefits as these depts are being cut?..I'm seeing a lot of POLITICKING from the budding TV Star and not much ADMINISTRATING..

Did anyone else catch the little blurb about RECREATION last night?..will the uncertified Director's girlfriend be the next hire while these depts are cut??..Selectman Holmes insists she'll never be hired but would anyone be surprised??

For someone who uses the phrase "moving forward" as much as he does you would think it would actually be happening..

#5 2011-03-30 19:00:42

RedRobin,

Do you know if the 5% applies to the existing FY2011 budgets, in effect thru 6/30/2011? Or, do they apply to proposed budgets for FY2012?

Notice that last night Biz, with some one looking on - who was that? - gave a disjointed, hard-to-follow dissertation regarding the Assessors' overlay increasing to the low $300,000's. It seemed odd at the time, but is it connected to this? I mean, when was the last time anyone heard the overlay discussed at a BoS meeting?

If things are this tight, would it not behoove the Town to do the right thing and hire a police chief at competitive rates, as noted in my prior postings, and as stolen, ah, make that noted by WarehamWeek?

Here's another one: Cohasset hired DeLuca (not re-appointed in Duxbury) in the range of $100,000 - 120,000. They received 80 applicants for the position, with the above posted salary. Smaller Town,, slightly higher income level (slightly ????).

Stop the giveaways & the budget can resolve itself.

#6 2011-03-30 19:25:51

The onlooker was the TA's "fair-haired boy", the intern from Suffolk U (where Andrews teaches)..supposed to be part time but I'm wondering how many hours a week and if benefits are being paid..after all, he was introduced as the Town's "financial analyst"..

#7 2011-03-30 20:51:01

Stewie The 5%cut Will Be On The 2012 Budget.

• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » alltown depts our ordered to make 5% cuts in there budgets

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com