#1 2011-03-29 16:02:47

http://www.heraldnews.com/community/x85 … -Gone-Bird

TIVERTON, R.I. — Richard Wheeler, Wareham’s Man of the Year in 2010 will share his NOVA documentary: “The Haunting Cry of a Long Gone Bird”, on the parallels between the extinction of the Great Auk and the decline of American Fishing, followed by discussion of his research.

The event takes place on Sunday April 10 at 3 p.m. at the Four Corners Meeting House, 3850 Main Road. The program is sponsored by the Friends of Tiverton Libraries. Fishing folk of every stripe as well as those working to save the bay, and those who love it are invited.

The event is free, but space is limited to the first 100 people. Please call the library at (401) 625-6796 and ask to be added to the list. If you have special needs, there is handicapped access. Please share this information when you register.

#2 2011-03-30 02:29:17

Dick Wheeler...A Hero..Not a "Zero"

More "sharing" by Mr. Wheeler. It's "what he does". Wise, gracious, humble, generous, positive, innovative, admirable....you get the picture. Attendees will be fortunate, and glad to get the time to spend with him..and (especially) to discuss his "incredible adventure"..which would include not only his monumental kayak "ride"..but the "breadth" of his experience. Hey Dick..if you're reading..after you wrap up talking about the "trip"..maybe you could share with the "class", the tale of Icarus (always a nice story). I'm sure they'll prove much better "students" than someone else you once tried to "school".

“The Haunting Cry of a Long Gone Bird”

#3 2011-03-30 08:18:29

Dick Wheeler is one of my heroes.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com