• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » Mikey - "The BOS, John Donahue, Slager Have Nothing to Be Ashamed Of"

#1 2011-02-22 20:50:21

This edition of Mikey's Greatest Hits is so mind numbing that it needed its own thread.  I hope every Wareham resident who reads it will resolve to get to work on this year's election and beat the previous BOS' farm team at the ballot box.

By: mike9f on 8/1/09
Just read Steve Holmes Letter to the ST. I am disgusted. Below is what the Title of the Letter to the Editor should have been.

Race baiting? Or was Robert Slager really just looking out for all of Wareham’s residents including the Cape Verdean Community?

As we all know, there are a number of ways a person or people can be discriminated against. Discrimination can be direct or indirect. Indirect discrimination appears to be equal treatment but is unfair on certain people because of a particular personal characteristic.

I can certainly see why Mr. Slager would hypothesize what could have been construed as indirect discrimination. Here’s why:

1) It is generally believed that the Wareham Observer is widely followed by the Cape Verdean Community. There was extensive coverage of the Oak Grove School and Community center matters in that newspaper. In fact, if it were not for the Wareham Observer, many of us would not have any knowledge about the Oak Grove School or the Cape Verdean Community’s desires.

Bob Brady failed to place an ad for his July 30th meeting in the Wareham Observer, a newspaper widely believed to be read by the Cape Verdean Community. This was the only local paper that Mr. Brady did not place an ad.

2) It is also generally believed that an overwhelming majority of the Cape Verdean community are strong supporters of the Board of Selectmen because they believe that the Board of Selectmen effectively represent the interests of the Cape Verdean community.

If it is true that an overwhelming number of the Cape Verdean population are supporters of the Board of Selectmen and the vast majority read the Wareham Observer instead of the other newspapers, then Bob Brady’s meeting invitation was inherently unfair in that it limited a disproportionate number of the Cape Verdean community from attending by not providing them with the same notice.

I am by no means trying to imply that Bob Brady was trying to discriminate against the Cape Verdean Community. I genuinely believe that he did not have any intention of doing that. He just wanted to keep everyone who might speak in opposition to his agenda out!

Steve Holmes seems to be an intelligent man, I think he was smart enough to see a genuine observation by Slager and was able to sufficiently blur the line to manipulate it into a headline. I also believe that the vast majority of people will see the validity in the above arguments.

Let this be a lesson to all of us that it is inclusion rather than exclusion that will avoid situations such as this. The BOS, John Donahue, and Robert Slager have nothing to be ashamed of.

I can actually think of thousands of things they should be ashamed of.

#2 2011-02-22 21:13:42

The Cape Verdeans I met with last year certainly didn't feel any love for the BOS, the Observer, and especially Slager.

Let's see how Mikey does for votes in the Cape Verdean community. I wouldn't expect a lot.

#3 2011-02-22 23:19:36

Why don't you ask Walter Cruz what he thinks of Mikey and his buddy Brucie.

#4 2011-02-24 23:15:33

Does anyone else get the impression that Mikey comes off as being a little...oh, I don't know....angry?

By: mike9f on 8/30/09
Talk about a hypocrit! Mr. Brady, I was at your joke of a meeting. You know, the one that you attempted to call a "community meeting", but wanted to exclude anyone who thought differently than you. That's the same meeting that you and your posse insenuated that Mr. Slager was engaging in race-baiting. You didn't post a copy of your invitation for that meeting in the Wareham Observer then, Mr. Brady. Yet, now you decide that it is convenient for you, and it suits your purpose? I am embarassed for you. Also, Mr. Brady, why is it that you feel the need to defend those people involved with the different entities that are suppose to support the library? Why not just tell them to open their books in a public forum if there is nothing to hide? By the way, Mr. Brady, I would in no way associate myself with a website that would allow a picture of the pillsbury-dough-boy with a swatstika arm band to be placed on it. How dare you Mr. Brady! How dare you and your posse claim that Robert Slager engaged in race baiting, and then claim that there is nothing wrong with posting on that other evil site. No, Mr. Bady, your not a "hateblogger". From what I have witnessed, your more than that, I see you as an insecure, disgruntled, "Hate Monger" and I think there are many more who see things the same way I do.

Mature and responsible debate!

#5 2011-04-04 08:49:25

bump

• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » Mikey - "The BOS, John Donahue, Slager Have Nothing to Be Ashamed Of"

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com