#1 2011-02-10 22:14:58

Boy oh Boy, read Bobo's latest.  He is really losing his cool.  I don't know why the Hypocrite Elite are trying so hard to derail this investigation.  They say they have nothing to hide, then why don't they just sit back and let it play out?  Why are they in such an obvious panic if they did nothing wrong?

I don't know, my opinion, I'm doubtful that the allegations are frivolous since the Ethics Commission is apparently taking time out of its busy schedule to look at it.

Hey though, got an idea from something Bobo wrote:

Bobo wrote:

After the “controversy” broke out on Wareham Week, I scoured State Ethics Law regarding public officials to determine what angle the bloggers were seeking. I came up with one passage that the bloggers are apparently pushing to “get” Griswold. It states “Unless you make a proper, public disclosure in writing - including all the relevant facts - you may not take any action that could create an appearance of impropriety, or could cause an impartial observer to believe your official actions are tainted with bias or favoritism.”

I don't know about you all, but I never thought of that.  He goes on to admit that he hasn't signed any paperwork. 

Could be an interesting angle for any complaint makers out there to look into.  I don't think anyone had thought of it so we should thank Bobo for bringing up a good idea.

Thanks Bobo.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-02-10 22:15:21)

#2 2011-02-10 22:41:59

Well, we all knew this was coming.  An article about Slager and how he cares for the seniors!  When you have to defend the fact that you care about the seniors and you swear you are not using them as pawns, well as CoachTP stated, if the shoe fits...

#3 2011-02-10 23:09:35

I think Bill W should teach a class on photography.

I'll bet the seniors would love that!

#4 2011-02-10 23:14:57

danoconnell wrote:

I think Bill W should teach a class on photography.

I'll bet the seniors would love that!

Dan I love it and Mike S. can drive the class around Wareham.. oh wait he transports school children not  a senior class..

Wonder if his Student Transport records a public???

#5 2011-02-11 08:08:08

One issue that requires further exploration is the need to look into whether there is a campaign finance law violation.

Campaign finance law requires that donations made to support political or campaign activities be kept track of - that records be kept of how much was donated and who did the donating. 

Bobo would be hard pressed to explain several donations from supporters of the Move Wareham Backward candidates to himself, but if all of these people suddenly "catch the writing bug" and feel a desire to explore their inner writer, then money paid for a "writing class" can be used to fund the reprint of the rag in March, just in time for the election.

A clever idea really - supporters of the "Move Wareham Backward" candidates will take the class, give Bobo the cash for the class, then Bobo will turn around and spend the money on a rag that will print praise of the Move Wareham Backward candidates.

His argument would probably be "This is my money and if I want to spend it to finance a rag re-print then tough noogies."

It might be worth it for those concerned about this to bring it to campaign finance officials' attention and let them sort it out.

I'm not an expert so I can't affirmatively declare a campaign finance law violation has occurred, but in my opinion, I think these actions do indeed take a big dump on the spirit of campaign finance law.

And at a time when the economy is in horrendous shape, when property taxes are as high as ever but town services have been cut to the bone, the idea that the town is assisting this clown doesn't sit right with many voters.  Hopefully they will make their dissent heard at the ballot box.

All I know is there will be many supporters of the wrong side of the political aisle who suddenly discover in March that "they were poets and didn't know it."

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-02-11 08:14:04)

#6 2011-02-11 08:12:23

What really gives it away is that this is a class for seniors at the senior center, but it is open to non-seniors.  How is it a senior class if non-seniors are allowed to attend?

#7 2011-02-11 08:21:58

Another interesting thing is the exorbitantly high price of the class when compared to other classes.  This list was posted by an E-Rag Reporter on another site:

Reservations, tickets or questions about activities or events 508-291-3130, unless specifically directed.

Women’s Self Defense and close combat training – Tuesdays or Thursdays with Bob Bridges, 4th degree black belt in judo from 8:15 to 9 a.m., $25 for a 45-minute class, weapon cost additional $5. Call 508-291-3130 for further information.

Arts and Crafts with Kendra – Call Anna Balano 508-291-3130 for details.

Acrylics – 10 a.m. Fridays

Aerobics– Monday, Wednesday, Friday, from 9:30 to 10:45 a.m. Fee $3 per class

Bingo– Every Thursday from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.

Bridge– Thursday – 1 p.m. – Room 228, Newcomers welcome.

Chair Exercises – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. with Marge. Sign up in COA office.

Creative Writing – Look for winter program entry.

Cribbage Players– Meets in Room 228 Mondays at 10 a.m. Newcomers are welcome.

Line dancing– 9:30 – 11 a.m. Tuesdays; Wednesdays at 7 p.m.  The classes are free and newcomers are welcome.

Senior boot camp– Monday-Friday, from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. Small Fee

Senior Tai Chi– Fridays, from 11 to 11:45 a.m. Fee: $20 for four weeks

Square and round dance classes– Learn to square or round dance Fridays, from 9:30 to 11 a.m. the first class is free. Additional classes cost $3 per week. For more information call Betty at 508-295-1395 or Paul at 508-998-5937.

Yoga – is on hold at the COA through February. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Computer classes – Computer classes Fridays and Mondays. Call 508-291-3130 for information.

Watercolor Painting –The four-week class will meet Thursdays from 10 a.m. to noon. Kate Furler will teach the basics of painting with watercolor. Techniques are taught in the first hour of each session. Students do their own painting, with supervision, during the second hour of class. Participants are free to work on their own projects or to use the subjects provided for each painting session. Cost is $40 and must be paid for in advance. Class size is limited to 12 persons. Newcomers are welcome.

I see a class for $25, I see some classes for minimal amounts for $3 a week, the highest I see is $40 but that is an art class that probably requires the purchase of art supplies.

$60 seems quite hefty when compared to the low price of these other classes.  I don't think any of the other instructors are trying to make a profit but are just volunteers trying to cover the cost of expenses.  Do expenses of a writing class really cost $60 per person?

I always thought these people said they care about seniors who are poor and living on fixed incomes.  Why charge them $60 to learn how to write their memoirs and preserve their memories for the ages?

Oh right, the supporters of certain selectman candidates will be happy to shell out the cash.

#8 2011-02-11 14:18:36

Funny how Bobo blames this all on a premature press release, that there just wasn't enough time to get the paperwork for the course finalized before the premature announcement.

Somehow the Cat Lady, Former Owner of the Rag and Current Lightbulb Owner and Senior Beacon Editor knew about it according to this entry in the Feb. 2011 Senior Beacon:

Lady that Traded Her Paper for A Light Bulb wrote:

Local publisher-editor-reported Rob Slager will be here to teach creative writing.

I think she meant "reporter" not "reported."  She must have taught Bobo everything she knew about writing.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-02-11 14:18:58)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com