#1 2011-01-13 14:03:58

The recent "chatter" concerning Interim part-time Police Chief Richard Stanley got me wondering how long ago (exactly) was this "interim arrangement" started. So (no surprise)..I went to the video. Here are a couple of "early" Stanley clips..the first was his "public introduction" on 8/18/09, and the next is a presentation he gave before the BoS on 10/20/09. His (original) contract cites a start date of 7/30/09.

8/18/09

10/20/09

Funny...but it seems our "interim" town employees last longer than our "regular" town employees.

*A couple of notes...

Stanley's original contract states: "The annual amount paid to the Interim Chief shall not exceed $81,120.00." This language did not change in his contract extension. Someone told me today (unconfirmed yet by me)...according to the "recently released numbers"..he was paid 98K last year (not bad for one or two days/week)...and well beyond the "shall not exceed" amount.

Also, Someone explained to me that "Plan B"...as defined by Chairwoman Donahue and TA Andrews (to get the "civil service ball" rolling)..is a fairly lengthy process. The exam is in May..and IF Wareham "takes part" in it..it will still be at least a year before we'd have a Civil Service Chief..as required in our Charter. Sure wish they'd gotten the "ball rolling" back in July of 2009 (like they should have).

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-01-13 16:16:53)

#2 2011-01-13 14:39:22

I Have Heard The Same Thing That Stanley Is Getting 98k And Have Heard It From More Tham One Source ,and Lately He Has Been Working Only One Day A Week,and Brenda Said Chief Joyce Geeting 95 K A Week Was To Much,jane And Brenda Are Stupid And Corupt  ,stop The Insanety That Is Going On  In Wareham, Vote To End Cronyism, Stupidyand Corupition ,thats Why We Need To Vote Jane And Brenda Out In April.

#3 2011-01-14 19:15:28

"We're gonna take the lead, and we're gonna look at some of these places in town that need to be shut down...and you've got some. They need to be shut down. They need to be boarded up, and they need to be bulldozed. Because this is a beautiful community and you people don't deserve to have to look at some of that blight. There are ways to deal with it, and I guarantee ya we're gonna deal with it."

Interim Part-Time Police Chief Richard Stanley

This guy throws the word "guarantee" around about as freely as the BoS use "interim". It's the follow through (or lack thereof) I find troubling..

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-01-16 02:16:08)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com