#1 2010-10-19 21:30:58

Knowing as y'all did the audit report was spiked once again this week, I expected someone would stretch their hind legs and object during citizen participation.

Yeah, I was there waiting for you. So here's your chance to redeem your lazy ass. Stand and volunteer to run as a write-in candidate for Plymouth County Charter Commissioner.

http://www.959watd.com/news.php?Plymout … ioner-4192

Image the damage Donahue in that seat will cause?

I thought you could. Thank you.

Last edited by billw (2010-10-19 21:31:40)

#2 2010-10-19 21:38:26

Need any more reasons for the County to go?

Or, the Districts?

#3 2010-10-19 23:09:09

I thought he moved to Parkwood from Highland Road?

#4 2010-10-20 07:08:17

Now there's a way to win an elelction, run unopposed in a race no one cares about..most would tell you he couldn't get elected dog-catcher!!

#5 2010-10-20 07:50:38

NO THATS THEIR SUMMER HOME

#6 2010-10-20 09:23:10

word is they rented the house on Highland and now live in Parkwood..

#7 2010-10-24 14:23:09

I went to the Secretary of State website earlier today to preview the ballot for the November 2 election.  I found this question listed after Question 3; "Shall a charter study commission be created to study the present governmental structure of Plymouth County to consider and make findings concerning the form of government and make recommendations thereon?"

It was not listed as a Non-binding question as was the question that followed it.  Where can more information about this question be found?

#8 2010-10-24 14:46:47

What reason is there to change the form of County government?

Any change would have to be submitted to the voters, eventually.

#9 2010-10-25 14:05:30

DanO, what do the following have in common?

Franklin County
Worcester County
Middlesex County

Answer: they do NOT exist any more. gone, for good.

the state has assumed many, if not most of the functions of the counties. So, why do these vestiges of colonial times still exist? there is absolutely no reason   -   except for patronage, of course. (see: Donahue, aka curly).

but, the taxpayers of Wareham & other Plymouth County communities still pay for County government. How? It is on your tax bills.

the State sends local aid to the cities & towns via the well-known "cherry" sheets, which are light red in color. You all have no doubt seen this announced in newspapers (real newspapers, that is) each year.

But, there is second, less well-known sheet that comes with the cherry sheet, light green in color. Let's call it the "lime" sheet. this form describes the CHARGES to the Town, for example, for the MBTA. And, this sheet will have an item for the County government, which is how you pay for it.

Thus, the cherry sheet local aid numbers get REDUCED (or partially offset)  by the lime sheet charges.

No, DanO et al, don't CHANGE county government; DELETE it. In many States, such as Florida, the County serves a real function. Not here. Rhode Island, with 39 cities & towns governing every square meter of the state, did away with counties many years ago. There is no reason they still exist in Mass.

#10 2010-10-25 15:06:42

Thank you, nota....I was amazed when I moved to Florida to observe the power the Counties have, coming from Wareham where County government provided nothing except a Sheriff, a small jail, and about three deputies.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com