#1 2010-04-11 03:34:38

Antique fire trucks..............run amuck

Fire Chief raises hell.............

Is this guy sane or is Slagger embellishing again

Is this whole thing much about nothin ??????????????????

Based on the quotes in the Rag, the Chief looks like a moron !!!!!, Just like the former Head Elk..............(Man of thye Year)  Way to manny drinks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should have said "No Comment"

Made himself  a fool for Slagger

#2 2010-04-11 03:43:21

I do not know the Chief, but really have to say that he is not too bright to get in the game with Slagger and make all these comments about the use of the antique fire truck in the recent campaign.

If ever a public official should have said "No Comment", this was the time.....................

He looks and sounds like a moron for his comments about this whole issue and would have much better made himself look like a real fire chief than a fool for making an issue out of this.................what a laugh.............you jerk

#3 2010-04-11 08:17:41

Quahog:
Please rest assured the Fire Chief did not speak those words, the call from Bobo came in at a very bad time for him, he wrote a press release but Bobo never bothered to change any of the quotes. Stunning I know.

I suggest you talk to him personally. I have known him since he was a boy. No one mistook an antique fire truck for an in-service truck, and if they did they are dumber then I even thought (which is pretty dumb). Plus the truck had no hoses on it. How on earth does one put out a fire with no hose for water?

#4 2010-04-11 09:27:05

Howie and Claire Smith sitting in the front seat of the antique fire truck is a quintessential parade scene of the type that legendary artist Norman Rockwell  used to paint as he defined  America  each week on the cover of The Saturday Evening Post.  It was,and still is, impossible for me to believe that the Chief's alleged comments were any more than a combination of the twisted writing of a clueless out-of-towner with a mean streak, and an   off-hand remark by a fireman who was just  having  the equivalent of "a bad hair day". I guess you could call it "a bad hose day."  Forget it and move on.

#5 2010-04-11 12:54:19

GWB

Chief Mcduffy is a very good man and an excellent fire chief who was caught at a very bad time by an unscrupulous Tabloid news writer hell bent on keeping Wareham at war. Please by all means Quahog be pissed at Mr. Slager he is the idiot who once again decided to make a big issue out of nothing. Chief Mcduffy is not the enemy here Mr. Slager is.

#6 2010-04-11 13:06:10

Perhaps Chief McDuffy could correct the misunderstanding by sending a letter to the editors of the REAL newspapers in town. It is not fair to the Smiths if, in fact, the chief's comments or intentions were not made clear. It's not like it's the first time something like that has happened!!

Many people in town and on the tin foil hat blog still think the Smiths did something wrong.

We all know they did not.

But since quite a few freebie tabloids were given away, many of the people in town who might have read it, might also believe it. Yikes! Scary but true.

#7 2010-04-13 08:05:00

Just wanted to thank the chief for his letter to the editor. I heard him speak at the district meeting last night and was impressed.

By the way: A little birdie told me that only two complaints were lodged about the fire truck. Care to guess who made the complaints???!!!

#8 2010-04-13 08:07:42

1. John
2. Jane

#9 2010-04-13 12:39:43

BOBO CLAIMED IT WAS DOZENS LOL

#10 2010-04-13 13:29:08

I  think Bobo plays with himself a little too much in the bathroom..

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com