#1 2010-02-28 17:54:49

GWB

Just wondering out Loud why the BOS, thier supporters and The Wareham Observer think constantly making excuses for the Apathetic makes sence. Is it anyones fault both at Town Meeting and at the polls that many simply don't bother to get involved. The low voter turnout has been happening for years. Blaming it on a passionate group of voters that are disgusted with the state of Warehams government and happen to show up and make thier voices and votes heard is not going to change that fact.

#2 2010-02-28 18:10:45

GWB

Oh I should have mentioned that this is in response to the latest article posted by Andrea Smith pretty much using the same old tactics of making every excuse in the book for the Westfield project not passing.

Come on April 6th

#3 2010-02-28 18:12:57

GWB

She also flat out lies by claiming that all 200 units proposed were going to be affordable. What a joke. I dont know what imformation she was looking at but she should get her facts straight.

#4 2010-02-28 21:20:42

GWB:
Interesting you should mention voter apathy. What Andrea should have written, well actually did write basically, is that this is all the fault of the power elite, aka CBW, aka TBW, aka Library Lobbyist. You see those individuals (I believe there may be 123 of them) have super human powers. They are able to drive through town casting spells on people in their homes preventing them from voting or attending town meeting.
We know this because we know that working parents have lots of time on their hands to pay close attention to the circus known locally as Wareham politics. They really want to participate in the fun but are unable to get out of their minivans when dropping their kids off at the Decas school due to this spell.
In addition, the PE,CBW,TBW crew are also capable of patting each other on the back at town meeting. This is not a friendly gesture as in "hey friend how ya doin?" or "wow that was great", no this is a sign to people like Andrea that people may experience "physical discomfort" if they stay at town meeting. That is why so many folks left after the vote on Westfield. They feared this.
This is a powerful group of people. You must be wary of them. They may try to sell you a book on the black market because word on the street is that they support the library too. God help us!

ps-The argument that people can't get to town meeting is complete bs. I once stood in front of town meeting for a county political candidate and I personally witnessed the Donahue ride along program. Anyone who desires to attend TM and can stand to listen to the rhetoric for the ride there only has to call John or Jane. Those cars came up, dropped their passengers, came back again, dropped their passengers. This went on for the better part of an hour. It is a good thing in my opinion. I do have one question, if you vote against the Donahue agenda do you get a ride home? Just kidding Slager, it is just a joke, or I am hoping it is a joke.

#5 2010-02-28 22:02:50

I wonder if any of "them" would be surprised to know that a good portion of that 264 votes against Westfield happen to be senior citizens? I know the two gentlemen who sat directly in front of me were senior citizens. They voted against Westfield because both had attended town meeting in 1977 and remembered the entire Westfield vote. They didn't seem to be in fear for their lives or intimidated. I do recall one of the gentlemen expressing his displeasure with the Moderator and his very partisan approach to speakers and the voting process. He also was not stunned that Selectmen Eckstrom tried to dissolve the meeting before all business was complete. Believe me when I say that many of the citizens are very tired of the current elected officials.

I was thinking about the CRC and their desire to eliminate Town meeting. I would suggest that they hold off on that thought until we have the opportunity to elect responsible competent people , especially a new Moderator, and see if Town Meeting is less eventful. Give good people a chance to prove to the disgruntled citizens that Town meeting does work!

Besides, I understand there is some news around the corner that might change things before the election :) It all catches up to  you in time!

Thanks for all the support from the people that actually know me!

#6 2010-03-01 08:08:57

WHO ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WILL VOTE AGAINST THE PRESENT BOARD OF SELECTMAN IT WILL BE ALL THE POLICEMAN AND THERE FAMILYS WHO HAVE BEEN CALLED RACISTS AND HAVE SEEN MANY OF THERE FELLOW OFFICERS RETIRE AND NOT BEEN REPLACED  , IT WILL BE PEOPLE WHO USE THE LIBRARY , IT WILL BE ALL THE WORKERS FROM MINCIPAL MAINTENCE WHO HAVE SEEN THERE MEMBERS DWINDLE TO 5 WOKERS ,IT WILL BE ALL THE PEOPLE AT TOWN HALL WHO LIVE IN FEAR FOR THERE JOBS , IT WILL BE ALLTHE TOWNSPEOPLE WHO LIKE GOOD FAIR HONEST GOV. AND CIVEL DISCOURSE,IT WILL BE ALL THOSE WHO HAVE WANTED TO SERVE THERE TOWN TO SERVE AS A VOULENTEER BUT WERE DENIDED THAT CHANCE BE CAUSE THEY DID NOTHOLD THE SAME VIEWS OF BRUCIE , IT WILL BE THOSE WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE THE BOARD OF SELECTMAN  AND BEEN INSULTED  BY THEM , IT WILL BE ALL THOSE WHO ARE OFFENDED BY THERE POWER  GRAB  AND THERE MISMANGEMENT  OF THE TOWN OF WAREHAM,           ALL THESE PEOPLE THERE FREINDS WHO CARE ABOUT THEM NEED TO GET OUT AND VOTE IN APRIL, ITS THAT IMPORTANT FOR THE FUTURE OF WAREHAM,  EVERYONE NEEDS TO BRING 10 FREINDS WITH THEM  THE MACHINE IS CAPABLE OF UP TO 1600 HUNDERED VOTES  AND WE NEED TO GET OVER THAT TOTAL,      AND REMEMBER THE COMPUTOR AUDIT AND THE RUIN ING OF THE CAREERS OF MANY FINE WORKERS IN OUR TOWN  GOV. ,AND THE LIEING ABOYT MANY OF OUR FREINDS ,TODAY IT WAS ABOUT THEM TOMOROW IT WILL BE ABOUT  YOU.

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-03-01 08:11:53)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com